Let's Talk About Prague Baby

BladeMaiden

a 20+ min podcast on what should have been 5-10 min
looking at the S80 Phantoms and Hyping my guys up a bit, give it up for my fav Purple team ❤️

@Sharkstrong you are not mentioned because if i went into goalies it would have tripled the time, i love goalies too much and talking goalie stats wold have made this a really long one. I def owe you a  goalie feature podcast ❤️

Edited by BladeMaiden

2 minutes ago, Ahma said:

that is a massive discredit to one of the most succesful VHL franchises

We'll have to bind Thightrap to a bobsled and push her down the mountain.

SO SHE CAN KNOW HOW FUN AND AWESOME DAVOS CAN BE BEFORE WE DESTROY HER

On 10/28/2021 at 3:15 PM, JardyB10 said:

We'll have to bind Thightrap to a bobsled and push her down the mountain.

SO SHE CAN KNOW HOW FUN AND AWESOME DAVOS CAN BE BEFORE WE DESTROY HER

Nice to know I’m livin’ rent free in the minds of Davos players ;) 

On 10/28/2021 at 3:12 PM, Ahma said:

that is a massive discredit to one of the most succesful VHL franchises

This must be a joke. They are a long lived franchise for sure but using the term successful in this case is a mockery of the term. Davos was a struggle buss for a long time and idk if you were here for it but they aren’t a team with enough historical wins to start dropping lines like this… 

Edit: 8 cup wins in 79 (11.1%) seasons and the bulk of those are from before the league ever expanded thus giving Davos a greater chance of winning.  Last cup was in 61 which is 19 seasons ago, so nothing recently and before that their win was in 38. 

Edited by BladeMaiden

3 minutes ago, BladeMaiden said:

Nice to know I’m livin’ rent free in the minds of Davos players ;) 

To be fair, anyone with a stripper/Bond girl name like that is likely to live rent free in quite a few minds, historically speaking. 😄

7 minutes ago, BladeMaiden said:

This must be a joke. They are a long lived franchise for sure but using the term successful in this case is a mockery of the term. Davos was a struggle buss for a long time and idk if you were here for it but they aren’t a team with enough historical wins to start dropping lines like this… 

Eh, they have plenty of HISTORICAL wins, Davos was probably the most successful franchise in the first half of the league’s history. The struggle bus has been driving the next 40 seasons unfortunately. And yet despite that, if you include Avangard’s Cup, Davos STILL has the 3rd most Cups in league history. I think, it was a pretty rough count.

4 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

To be fair, anyone with a stripper/Bond girl name like that is likely to live rent free in quite a few minds, historically speaking. 

Eh, they have plenty of HISTORICAL wins, Davos was probably the most successful franchise in the first half of the league’s history. The struggle bus has been driving the next 40 seasons unfortunately. And yet despite that, if you include Avangard’s Cup, Davos STILL has the 3rd most Cups in league history. I think, it was a pretty rough count.

I think this is a POV thing, as soon as the League started expanding they stalled out and have really not done much since.  Their historical wins are in a time when it was easier to win and even then they are not the out and out leaders.  I think what makes a team have real big dick energy is when they can really show a great track record throughout generations. I tend to think of Helsinki when I think of that, although obviously not since the last change up of management. I think  you could probably make a better case for Davos throughout the ages if you included the argument of how many times they won the conference / were runners up.  And maybe i would support it if @ShawnGlade had ignored my request to let CGY grab me with Brick and made me the main goalie for Davos. Who knows maybe Davos and Brick would have been a winning combo and brought a more recent cup to the franchise. But alas i am over here getting called out for being on the "fake purple team" with no reason to to have warm and fluffy feelings for the franchise, especially when they are taking shots at Prauge. So it's time for Davos to put up or shut up in the modern VHL.

As a side note I'm glad my name choice is doing what it was designed to, nothing wrong with being a bombshell both on and off the ice and my girl was always meant to be a real smoke show 😄

Edited by BladeMaiden

10 hours ago, BladeMaiden said:

Edit: 8 cup wins in 79 (11.1%) seasons and the bulk of those are from before the league ever expanded thus giving Davos a greater chance of winning.  Last cup was in 61 which is 19 seasons ago, so nothing recently and before that their win was in 38. 

the disrespect has reached levels unimaginable.