What do you wish you knew before you joined?

WildfireMicro

• 3 weeks later...

That spreading attributes is bad. I just saw those sexy TPE and was like "let's spread them in a reasonable way that might look something like a real player". It's really easy to completely ruin your player in like 10 seconds right after joining. Honestly wish there was a popup asking you if you are aware that you are an idiot and should probably read some guides before letting you press it the first time... Though if that was there I would have ignored it and pressed continue anyways, so there's that. Hell that might even have been there, I don't remember things that happened a week ago.😅

• Commissioner
1 hour ago, Shindigs said:

That spreading attributes is bad. I just saw those sexy TPE and was like "let's spread them in a reasonable way that might look something like a real player". It's really easy to completely ruin your player in like 10 seconds right after joining. Honestly wish there was a popup asking you if you are aware that you are an idiot and should probably read some guides before letting you press it the first time... Though if that was there I would have ignored it and pressed continue anyways, so there's that. Hell that might even have been there, I don't remember things that happened a week ago.😅

To be fair I wouldn’t say you “ruined” your player. Even ignoring that a new player could just retire and redo it you don’t really start off with enough that you’d make any kind of irreversible damage. You may end up with a few TPE wasted but that’s not the end of the world.

Just now, Beketov said:

To be fair I wouldn’t say you “ruined” your player. Even ignoring that a new player could just retire and redo it you don’t really start off with enough that you’d make any kind of irreversible damage. You may end up with a few TPE wasted but that’s not the end of the world.

No, I didn't really mean mine in particular. Sure I wasted about 12 points. But that's not that bad. I've seen some things looking around the league though. My thinking is this: You can fix that mistake in maybe half a season or so? Probably less. But then you end up with the player retention issue. It takes a lot more willpower to grind out 12 TPE a week with a player that is just being dumped in the sims because you did a whoopsie. Than if your player starts off doing at least *something*. On the 1000 TPE scale of things. Wasting your starting TPE doesn't matter. But it is the kind of thing that can lead to ragequits before even getting into it for a 1st gen player.

15 hours ago, Acydburn said:

That even though you're a top earner your player will always be shit...  some folks just have sim luck.

Hey, there's nothing wrong with roleplaying OEL!