Jardy's Hecking Podcast, S2 Episode 6: Drafts

JardyB10

*LISTENER DISCRETION ADVISED*

Cranky dude cranking Cranky tunes

https://anchor.fm/jardy-b/episodes/Jardys-Hecking-Podcast--S2-Episode-6-Drafts-e1gudlk

We're in the middle of the off-season and there's plenty to talk about! I chose to address:

- VHLM Draft and its volatility this season

- VHL Draft Standouts

- Pseudo Halifacts Episode

- A couple picks I would have done mildly differently

ALL SORTS OF MENTIONS I'M SORRY OKAY I WAS ON ABOUT DRAFT SELECTIONS AND OTHER STUFF TOO:

@Berocka @thadthrasher @Eynhallow @youloser1337 @Gaikoku-hito @Ledge @CanucksFan @jpdavidson8787 @tcookie @samthemancub @adison @ctots @DC21 @Firekiss @Dom @Fergie @TrickyRicky58 @Erikkef @badcolethetitan @BUM @Crstats23 @Thunder @Adrest245 @Motzaburger @InstantRockstar @NJDevils24 @xNJDevilsFanx @Brandon @Otaznik @william77 @Jack Johnson @barryst @Azjha_59 @Rhynex Entertainment @leandrofg @jacobcarson877 @BrutalBoost @Ty Heisler

I don’t know whether it’ll end up being a good or bad draft season for DC, but Eno seems happy so we couldn’t have done that bad!

The pod squad is definitely growing and I love to see it. Much more engaging and interesting than written articles. We’ll all have to cross-pollinate podcasts at some point so that we can bloom into beautiful audio flowers.

I am a good boy, thank you for taking me down memory lane with this Donkey Kong Country music. I still have trauma from the mine cart levels.

2 hours ago, ctots said:

I don’t know whether it’ll end up being a good or bad draft season for DC, but Eno seems happy so we couldn’t have done that bad!

The pod squad is definitely growing and I love to see it. Much more engaging and interesting than written articles. We’ll all have to cross-pollinate podcasts at some point so that we can bloom into beautiful audio flowers.

I am a good boy, thank you for taking me down memory lane with this Donkey Kong Country music. I still have trauma from the mine cart levels.

They’re so much fun though! And also the first one is super skippable.

"Final Day for Hybrids"

You get retired if you haven't applied by then, according to the OG Hybrid post. So probably a good idea to have your attributes in by then.🤷‍♂️ If you don't know what to apply, just apply like 10 DC, cause your build will have that no matter what (for any random person who hasn't applied that's reading this).

"Thunder Pick"

That's absolutely insane value for 19th OA.

"Barry Bigman"

Getting him that late is very solid, he's also a good LR presence. Which is not something you expect that late in the draft.

23 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

*LISTENER DISCRETION ADVISED*

Cranky dude cranking Cranky tunes

https://anchor.fm/jardy-b/episodes/Jardys-Hecking-Podcast--S2-Episode-6-Drafts-e1gudlk

We're in the middle of the off-season and there's plenty to talk about! I chose to address:

- VHLM Draft and its volatility this season

- VHL Draft Standouts

- Pseudo Halifacts Episode

- A couple picks I would have done mildly differently

ALL SORTS OF MENTIONS I'M SORRY OKAY I WAS ON ABOUT DRAFT SELECTIONS AND OTHER STUFF TOO:

@Berocka @thadthrasher @Eynhallow @youloser1337 @Gaikoku-hito @Ledge @CanucksFan @jpdavidson8787 @tcookie @samthemancub @adison @ctots @DC21 @Firekiss @Dom @Fergie @TrickyRicky58 @Erikkef @badcolethetitan @BUM @Crstats23 @Thunder @Adrest245 @Motzaburger @InstantRockstar @NJDevils24 @xNJDevilsFanx @Brandon @Otaznik @william77 @Jack Johnson @barryst @Azjha_59 @Rhynex Entertainment @leandrofg @jacobcarson877 @BrutalBoost @Ty Heisler

There was a lot of factors that went into me going 4th overall. One of the biggest ones was that I've played under Alex before, and I'm super active in the LR. He wanted someone to help bring up activity in the LR and be there with the franchise long term, which I don't know if this is true or not, but apparently some of the other players that were available at the time weren't 100% committing staying long term. We've also had a great relationship with each other, as he was my GM when I was on the Reapers, so there's that too. LOL.

Just now, badcolethetitan said:

There was a lot of factors that went into me going 4th overall. One of the biggest ones was that I've played under Alex before, and I'm super active in the LR. He wanted someone to help bring up activity in the LR and be there with the franchise long term, which I don't know if this is true or not, but apparently some of the other players that were available at the time weren't 100% committing staying long term. We've also had a great relationship with each other, as he was my GM when I was on the Reapers, so there's that too. LOL.

Actually franchise commitment is not even something I considered at all! So that actually makes a lot of sense, that's crazy valuable for a VHL nerd like yourself 😜