Random Members from the past 15 years

Quik

Random Members from the past 15 years

VHL HQ, Somewhere in Canada

So, I guess it's theme week this week? I think it's pretty cool that this is still a thing, scheduled every season. It replaced the old way of having random doubles weeks every few months, whenever the Blue Team felt like one was needed. Originally, that was supposed to be once a season, typically in the off-season, but then they became more sporadic, probably due to TPE inflation (Queue a back in my day segment from some of the old farts around here). There's probably a ton of different ways I could look back at the last decade and a half, and how the VHL has impacted my life and many others. There's probably some really fun, crazy stories that I've forgotten. But that's not what I'm here for. I'm kinda feeling like just going through the memory bank on members I've known throughout the years, so I'm going to list a bunch of random people, some may still be here, many won't be, and talk a little bit about them from what I can remember.

• Beketov @Beketov
    • The man is basically part of the furniture at this point. Been here since Day 1, and hasn't taken a day off, since, which - if you know, you know how incredible that is. He's given his heart and soul to this league and is, for my money, the greatest member it's ever had
  • Scotty @scotty
    • Basically Neo from The Matrix, he brought us to this whole new world, run by the truly tyrannical Simon T. Made the greatest builds ever in a time where only a few members were able to actually max earn. Without Scotty, who knows how long before we move on from simming games on the NHL series, or if it ever happens?
  • Brooks @brooks.
    • Was basically my best internet buddy for the longest time. I remember skyping with him all the time back in the day. He was the OG graphics god on this site that everyone tried to catch up to, which I think led to all the great GFX people we've had throughout the years.
  • Catch22
    • Kind of a random member to remember, I think his name was Cory? I do remember talking to him on MSN a lot, he was a pretty chill guy.
  • marshall @marshall_222 (idk if that's actually him or not)
    • I actually didn't interact with marshall too much, but IIRC, he was like best friends IRL with Catch22, and he made some really good players, too.
  • tfong @Baozi
    • He likes food and is probably a little too thirsty, but he's a good dude and gamed the welfare system perfectly
  • Phil @Phil
    • He joined after the initial member boom. Pretty sure he just thought it was some lame thing that his brother did, but ended up becoming such a great member. He's also from Toronto and a huge Leafs fan, so for that alone will always be one of my top members.
  • JeffD @JeffD
    • Another member that was a Day 1, left for a long time, then came back and became a prominent member. I actually didn't know him too well during his first go around, but when he came back it was easy to see what a great sense of humour he's got and what a good person and friend he is. Built the greatest dynasty that never dynastied in Chicago, and I will stand by that til this place shuts down, maybe in another 15 years?
  • fishy @fishy
    • Honestly, I wasn't sure what to make of fishy at first. But then we started to talk a lot more and interact. Definitely one of the bravest, smartest, caring people I know, and I'm proud to call them a friend. I honestly can't say enough about them and the impact they've had on the VHL.
  • Solas @solas
    • Another older member, I didn't really know much about him until we were on Chicago together. He's got a lowkey sense of humour, like the quiet kid in class who will throw out a line randomly and have everyone in stitches. Great dude with an impeccable taste in music.
  • Muff @.sniffuM
    • Another member with a huge heart, the lovable muffin man known for having a discord profile picture of Klay Thompson as Patrick Star from spongebob - if that doesn't encapsulate who Muff is, then I don't really have any better words to do it. Always had great stories, and always cared about everyone he talked to.
  • frescoelmo @frescoelmo
    • One of the funniest dudes I know, and also super chill. Sometimes I wonder if he's actually just The Dude IRL, drinking creamy White Russians all day, worrying about how a rug ties his place together.
  • Victor @Victor
    • The original eager beaver, he was so young when he first joined, I'm pretty sure he's still a teenager. He's another member who has put a lot of time into the foundations of the league, as it is today, and even though he deserves to take a back seat and just chill, still works pretty hard as VHLE Commish.
  • Jardy @JardyB10
    • If Vic is the OG eager beaver, Jardy is 2.0 - he came in and just soaked everything about the VHL up like a sponge, created one of the best first gens of all time, and shot to the top of the league. He's another guy I used to talk to on MSN a lot, which probably says more about how old we are than it does about the league. Also, his profile pic here is one that I made him like 10-12 years ago, which is pretty wild lol
  • PensFan101 @PensFan101
    • As his username probably gives away, he was a big Pittsburgh Penguins fan. He also had a league that predated the VHL, called the DHL. TBH, I'm not sure what happened with him, I think he left around the mid teens in VHL seasons?
  • nibbz @nibbz
    • The original shark of a GM, he's probably the reason for a lot of the obscure rules you'll find in the rule book, as he was always looking for loopholes to exploit.
  • Beaviss @Beaviss
    • Was one of my best friends here for a long time. He was always looking for ways to improve the league, and without him, we don't have 16 teams, or a third league, or a lot of stuff that makes it tick, nowadays.
  • Noiles
    • He always felt like the little brother of the league? I remember him being kinda dorky and a little intense, but not in a douchey way.
  • Dil @Dil
    • I owe him a podcast still, which I will get to one day. Other than the fact that he thinks we have this Indian bond, he's a smart and funny guy who's grown up a lot since he first joined the league and pissed everyone off.
  • Josh @Josh
    • IDK, he's the nerd that got duped into taking over working on the portal for no money. For really, though, great dude even if he's a Jets fan.
  • Zach Warren
    • I honestly have no clue who this is, I was just going through the HOF Builders and saw they were inducted. No article either, so...

At this point, this is well over 1100 words, so I'll be using it to claim doubles from theme week and triples for the league's anniversary. Dope.

46 minutes ago, Quik said:
  • frescoelmo @frescoelmo
    • One of the funniest dudes I know, and also super chill. Sometimes I wonder if he's actually just The Dude IRL, drinking creamy White Russians all day, worrying about how a rug ties his place together.

Doxxed

1 hour ago, Quik said:

He's got a lowkey sense of humour, like the quiet kid in class who will throw out a line randomly and have everyone in stitches. Great dude with an impeccable taste in music.

honestly couldn't write a better description of @solas if i tried

• Commissioner
1 hour ago, Quik said:

Beketov @Beketov

• The man is basically part of the furniture at this point. Been here since Day 1, and hasn't taken a day off, since, which - if you know, you know how incredible that is. He's given his heart and soul to this league and is, for my money, the greatest member it's ever had

This is the nicest thing anyone has ever said about me while also comparing me to a couch; well done.

Frankly I’m just too stubborn to leave at this point.

13 hours ago, Quik said:

Noiles

• He always felt like the little brother of the league? I remember him being kinda dorky and a little intense, but not in a douchey way.

I just remember the titties in his profile picture.