Some changes that affect both the VHL and VHLE

Acydburn

• Commissioner

So this change which is going to take affect starting season 85 is as follows. 

The new soft cap to move up to the VHL is now 300 (lowered from 350) the hard cap stays at 400.

This does not mean that at 300 you automatically move up to the VHL, it means that your VHL GM and you (hopefully) can agree to be called up and play in the VHL at 300 TPE if the GM chooses to call you up. 

This change provides VHL GMs with the ability to use players they've drafted sooner on their roster if they so choose. This change does not affect the timing of calls up or send downs. Those dates/rules remain the same. 

@VHLE Commissioner@VHLE GM@Commissioner @VHL GM

I believe this is a great change - it allows VHL GM more possibilities on how to work with the cap space.

For VHLE, it won't be too much of a change to be honest, sure, few extra players will get called up and drafting is going to be far more interesting but other than that - business as usual.

I like the 200/300/400 for caps, it makes sense as we reward people who earn more to get a chance to move out of VHLE if they want at 300 while we also make sure that we don't prolong someone's time in M.

• Commissioner
On 7/29/2022 at 10:43 PM, youloser1337 said:

Honestly, this hurts VHLE more than helps VHL. But hey /shrug. Can I suggest moving VHLM cap back to 250. I mean if you want people out of the VHLE, might as well make it easier on the players.

It has nothing to do with moving players out of the VHLE. Has everything to do with not enough players being in the VHL and giving the VHL GMs the opportunity to call up players earlier if they so choose. 

• Commissioner
On 7/30/2022 at 12:04 AM, v.2 said:

Proof that the E has become a failed concept. #AbolishTheE

If anything it's proof that the VHL needs more members to sustain the VHL vs having more than enough in the VHLE. It's not the E's fault that recruitment has been down. This change only affects a few members each season but gives the VHL GMs more power when we have dry recruitment runs, to be able to fill a roster.