Are You Afraid Of The VHL?

Devise

After discussion with Romanes, we debated on a system that encourages new members to not be so introverted and not be afraid to post on the VHL. Apparently, this is something a lot of people struggle with and it costs us tons of members. So here we go!

Are you introverted? Are you scared of the VHL? Well CHECK this thread out! We aren't scary. We want to hear your opinions even if we disagree with them. We aren't elitist, the structure of the VHL can come across that way sometimes...but we love new people. Do you like Pokemon? Good for you! I'm sure somewhere here someone else likes it. Muffins likes it, hell he even did a Let's Play for it where the audience could contribute.

Do you like League of Legends? Great! Your crazy but Jericho, Mike, Streetlight and bunch of other people play that game. Go talk with them. Go to the League of Legends thread, you'll find some fun stuff.

Like real video games? Sandro is a baller, METIS only plays Call of Duty but hey if your one of "those" types go for it. Go to the video game thread and rant and stuff. Have some fun.

Like movies? There is a movie discussion, and eat it all up!

WHATEVER YOU LIKE WE GOT THE THREAD FOR YOU! If we don't? Then create it, be the spark in the discussion.

Discussion isn't just off topic either. You can easily join in the discussion bashing inactive GM's, calling Vasteras garbage, ragging on Diamond_Ace for overpaying or one of the many other millions of topics that go on. Chat Victor  or Sterling for amazing league history. Chat up Jardy to learn how to farm while drunk while driving while somehow still being able to fail at rigging at sim. Chat with Higgins about the east coast. THEIR SO MUCH GOING ON!

In the end you can tell that the VHL is a happening place. There is no reason to be afraid of us. Don't speak good english? Boubabi is French, RomanesEuntDomus is German and we have countless other foreign members. Learn how to speak the language better with one of them. 

Ultimately, there are tons of memes and other things going on in the VHL to be apart of. So get involved, and pretty soon you will be insulted, loved, your posts will be liked, you'll experience the drama, and you'll have a laugh as you become a member of the esteemed VHL community! TADA!

Reputation spreads very quick and those judgmental members have a lot of influence here. You DON'T want them to create you a bad reputation.

If your just asking questions and not crossing any actual lines, no real members here end up being that judgmental. I'd like to see you actually bring up some evidence on this if possible.

Like the only times I've seen a lot of drama involved actual members who have been here for a decent amount of time complaining about something or starting something. If a new member posted something in a discussion thread, I can't recall any time that has happened where someone would jump down someones throat over posting opinions in those type of places. 

well, in my opinions, veterans here form a solid group of people and without noticing it, sometime, some of them might sound like a jerk. I don't have any examples that came up in my mind and I wouldn't point anyone but I'm glad I had that "Graphic guy" reputation when I first started and I was a little bit "appreciated" at first because if not, I wouldn't probably stick up.

Edited by boubabi

PS : I'm not encouraging flooding but on other leagues, we have a system that reward members after each X messages they made. Like 500. I know it won't be the same here and non-vocal members like lightning won't be rewarded with that system but maybe it will help to improve the Off-topic section.

PS : I'm not encouraging flooding but on other leagues, we have a system that reward members after each X messages they made. Like 500. I know it won't be the same here and non-vocal members like lightning won't be rewarded with that system but maybe it will help to improve the Off-topic section.

I agreed with you on everything until here.