Are You Afraid Of The VHL?

Devise

• Senior Admin

Yeah, I can see this. Even when I first joined I was (slightly) reserved. It is kind of intimidating joining a new forum with all of these experienced guys and wanting get off on the right foot and what not. 

I'm not really sure there is much you can do about that, though. I do agree with most of what boubs said though. :o

Also have to factor is if its your first message board or not. I was at a different message board well before the VHL and it helped me feel more comfortable posting. If it's a kids first message board it can be somewhat intimidating.

Edited by Excel

Even fake battlefield wounds intimidate me.

Only the cheesy people use fake blood. Whenever I take a hit (re-enactor term for getting shot) I usually scream, grab where I'm pretending I got shot, and just drop to the ground without bracing myself. My favorite hit was reacting to enemy artillery firing at our unit while we were retreating, I jumped off the ground and practically somersaulted over a dirt road to make it look like the shell detonated near me. Hurt like a bitch, but it apparently looked awesome as shit.

First off, you didn't mention in the OP, "Do you like Game of Thrones?  Great, because EVERYONE HERE FUCKING LOVES IT."

Also have to factor is if its your first message board or not. I was at a different message board well before the VHL and it helped me feel more comfortable posting. If it's a kids first message board it can be somewhat intimidating.

The VHL was sort of my first.  It was definitely the friendliest I'd witnessed.

Can we make a topic about if Taylor Swift squirts or not  :ssst:

Yes

well, in my opinions, veterans here form a solid group of people and without noticing it, sometime, some of them might sound like a jerk. I don't have any examples that came up in my mind and I wouldn't point anyone but I'm glad I had that "Graphic guy" reputation when I first started and I was a little bit "appreciated" at first because if not, I wouldn't probably stick up.

Don't talk about me like that.

PS : I'm not encouraging flooding but on other leagues, we have a system that reward members after each X messages they made. Like 500. I know it won't be the same here and non-vocal members like lightning won't be rewarded with that system but maybe it will help to improve the Off-topic section.

Pretty sure we sound like jerks on purpose.