Petition to increase VHL Financier pay from 1 tpe to 2 tpe

gorlab

Hello fellow VHLers and esteemed BoG members,

I am here to ask for your support in my effort to get the job pay of VHL Financier increased from 1tpe per week to the more universal 2tpe per week. Financier is an important job, ensuring teams adhere to the VHL salary cap to promote fair play and competitiveness in the league.

A majority of other league jobs are paid at 2tpe per week. VHL Financier is only allotted 1 tpe per week through the majority of the season and 2tpe for 1 off-season week because it's assumed that the only work is done in the off-season. Despite a large amount of work being done in the off-season, a good Financier must also keep up-to-date with league transactions during the regular season in order to keep the VHL financial structure and salaries accurate.

League employees allow the VHL machine to bravely march on. I respect other employees and the work they do, but feel that there are several 2tpe per week jobs which require the same, or less, effort than Financier.

With that being said, I am here to humbly ask that you sign my petition to increase VHL Financier pay to 2tpe per week full-time. Please post in this thread to show your support!

Thank you for taking the time to read my petition.

I think it's fair at 2 in the off-season and 1 throughout the season.

The work required is really minimal in the season and many weeks there will be nothing to do and you still get a guaranteed 1 point, which balances out with the amount there is to do in the off-season.

I think it's fair at 2 in the off-season and 1 throughout the season.

The work required is really minimal in the season and many weeks there will be nothing to do and you still get a guaranteed 1 point, which balances out with the amount there is to do in the off-season.

I disagree. I think the total work done in the off-season is very comparable to the total season work done by a job like graphics grader or VHL/VHLM This Week or VHL/VHLM Fantasy Zone.

Financier doesn't require A LOT of effort during the season, but it's fairly involved during the off-season, having to check every single player to confirm contract brackets. Tracking mid-season moves isn't that easy either, what with contract percentage splits.

I do appreciate your post in this thread Higgins. Even though you disagree with the petition, the act of posting in this thread has confirmed your support, as per OP.

Edited by gorlab

I disagree. I think the total work done in the off-season is very comparable to the total season work done by a job like graphics grader or VHL/VHLM This Week or VHL/VHLM Fantasy Zone.

Financier doesn't require A LOT of effort during the season, but it's fairly involved during the off-season, having to check every single player to confirm contract brackets. Tracking mid-season moves isn't that easy either, what with contract percentage splits.

I do appreciate your post in this thread Higgins. Even though you disagree with the petition, the act of posting in this thread has confirmed your support, as per OP.

Actually, per rules and regulations of the VHL petition act in section 2.1 it clearly states that once a petition is cancelled, as done so by Victor, then future posters will be deemed invalid.

Actually, as per the commissioners handbook, any act that could be deemed favoritism, (ie. giving a job to a teammate), will be decided by the remaining two commissioners and a vote of greater than 51% will be needed to pass the motion.

babadi you must go and post your Edwin Encarnacion contract in Stockholm S41 Salary thread PLEASE AND THANK YOU.

^ See how much work I do around here? Chasing after these jet-setting GM's and trying to make them do their work. This should be a 3 tpe per week job, but I am not greedy!

• Senior Admin

Thanks for posting in this thread to show your support for my petition Draper and streetlight.

Oh, I'm pretty indifferent when it comes to your pay. I just think HG should be 2 as well when other things like recruitment team lead is 2, updating is 2, etc.  B)