So I went over to SHL?

Mr. Hickey

Oh quiet. I've yet to see a thread on SHL calling VHL stupid, if anything the members take more potshots at VHL members in threads but at least there's not dumb ass threads like this dedicated to shitting on VHL over there. If there are find it for me and I'll eat my words.

Pot shots do the same thing, create hate. The SHL is no white dove by any stretch. 

Pot shots do the same thing, create hate. The SHL is no white dove by any stretch. 

I never said it was. And yet pot shots are jokes, that don't require someone to make some dumb thread just to make them. I've made it known since I started on SHL that I had preferred VHL, and yet I've never had someone (even recently now that im more active) give me shit for it. You bring a lot of hate on yourself, so just as I can't, you can't give an unbiased opinion on it. And there's also a huge difference between say, me calling Gorlab an idiot in a thread and me making a thread titled "Gorlab is an idiot". It's the same with the SHL/VHL hate. There's a huge difference between someone taking a shot at either league in a thread and dedicating an entire thread to it.

Edited by Caillean

I never said it was. And yet pot shots are jokes, that don't require someone to make some dumb thread just to make them. I've made it known since I started on SHL that I had preferred VHL, and yet I've never had someone (even recently now that im more active) give me shit for it. You bring a lot of hate on yourself, so just as I can't, you can't give an unbiased opinion on it. And there's also a huge difference between say, me calling Gorlab an idiot in a thread and me making a thread titled "Gorlab is an idiot". It's the same with the SHL/VHL hate. There's a huge difference between someone taking a shot at either league in a thread and dedicating an entire thread to it.

There's not a big difference though between insulting a person in a thread linking them with the other league and then creating a thread. So for every thread over here that you claim to be "against the VHL", there is an insult on a member over there linking them to the VHL as a bad thing. For example when I started there I was attacked for basically stating how some things could be improved. No one knew who I was except that I had been recruited from the VHL. So sure VHL has a lot of hate towards the SHL, but it's within good reason. Also being called a pedophile by some muppet over there is something that will cause you to never speak of the SHL positively to others.

Not really.  It depends on what is being said and while I enjoy SHL, some of the shit that was said to me after I joined was quite surprising (one comment coming from an admin at the time too).

At the end of day, both are immature.  Threads like this shouldn't exist just like shots in posts shouldn't exact (here or in SHL).

Not really.  It depends on what is being said and while I enjoy SHL, some of the shit that was said to me after I joined was quite surprising (one comment coming from an admin at the time too).

At the end of day, both are immature.  Threads like this shouldn't exist just like shots in posts shouldn't exact (here or in SHL).

Well like I said I agree that both are stupid, but I think it's FAR more immature to make an entire post to disparage something than it is to just take a shot at it in a comment. That's why when it's just comments around here about why people think SHL sucks I don't really comment on them, even though they're dumb as well.

When did you join, might I ask? I notice you both referring to what seem to be past events. I've been a member for about 7 months and only really active for about 3 now (well, reading threads anyway), but I really don't see this type of stuff there anywhere near as much as it is here. If it's all stuff that's happened in the past that's all well and good, but it seems like they're (with the exception of obvious ppl like gorlab) steering away from this type of crap except for maybe with certain members. As I said, I made it very well known that I prefered VHL over SHL, and yet not once did I *ever* get any kind of crap for anyone, and that includes the last few months that I've been more active and actually pushed some peoples' buttons.

Well like I said I agree that both are stupid, but I think it's FAR more immature to make an entire post to disparage something than it is to just take a shot at it in a comment. That's why when it's just comments around here about why people think SHL sucks I don't really comment on them, even though they're dumb as well.

When did you join, might I ask? I notice you both referring to what seem to be past events. I've been a member for about 7 months and only really active for about 3 now (well, reading threads anyway), but I really don't see this type of stuff there anywhere near as much as it is here. If it's all stuff that's happened in the past that's all well and good, but it seems like they're (with the exception of obvious ppl like gorlab) steering away from this type of crap except for maybe with certain members. As I said, I made it very well known that I prefered VHL over SHL, and yet not once did I *ever* get any kind of crap for anyone, and that includes the last few months that I've been more active and actually pushed some peoples' buttons.

If you must know I joined about six or seven months ago (S19 draftee).

It's pretty well the reason I don't post around the boards as much.  With that being said, I do enjoy the league.

The VHL vs SHL shit is so tiresome but honestly it will never stop as long as both leagues are around.  Just the other day someone was telling me how many "retards" there were in the VHL when he found out I GM here.  I could probably bring up the SHL with some of our less mature posters (feel free to include Hickey and a few others here) and I would get similar responses.

The thread is immature and it doesn't paint a nice light to say the least.  No disagreeing there.

When did you join, might I ask? 

I joined Dec of 2011. So something like season 2 or 3? The reputation system over there just sparks hate though. I find a lot of animosity between people over there because of that actually. Over here you can find a troll easily, rare but when they do its easy to tell. Over there trolls exist in almost any announcement thread.

If you must know I joined about six or seven months ago (S19 draftee).

It's pretty well the reason I don't post around the boards as much.  With that being said, I do enjoy the league.

The VHL vs SHL shit is so tiresome but honestly it will never stop as long as both leagues are around.  Just the other day someone was telling me how many "retards" there were in the VHL when he found out I GM here.  I could probably bring up the SHL with some of our less mature posters (feel free to include Hickey and a few others here) and I would get similar responses.

The thread is immature and it doesn't paint a nice light to say the least.  No disagreeing there.

By few others do you mean little Ol' me? :)

Making a big deal of this thread is immature too. Lets all let it go (Frozen much)

Seriously though, this was an obvious social experiment made in the thunderdome...

I have no clue how anyone says this thread holds any weight to anything.

That's why this thread is so terrible... It somehow happened again.

Not really terrible just pointless. Like feeding a dead goldfish, there's no point.

See when you put up a derogatory thread about the SHL, gorlab is all over that shit like Squinty on rice.

As for me when he's trying to do his thing, I gotta step in there and have fun. I'm like a dog chasing a car. I don't know what I'd do if I caught one, I just do it.

Not really terrible just pointless. Like feeding a dead goldfish, there's no point.

See when you put up a derogatory thread about the SHL, gorlab is all over that shit like Squinty on rice.

As for me when he's trying to do his thing, I gotta step in there and have fun. I'm like a dog chasing a car. I don't know what I'd do if I caught one, I just do it.

pee on the tire?

Threads like this are why I'm glad I'm becoming less active here. At least the SHL is so active (with mostly spam/garbage I couldn't give a shit less about) that I don't see the threads/posts like this that inevitably exist.

Wow big surprise you're going inactive

again

Not really since I've been pretty open about it.

You're a great representative for the VHL though. 

Still.

Thanks, at least someone else finally realizes that