VHLSC: S42 Rankings #4 - Mock Draft

Kendrick

Screen_Shot_2015_01_26_at_7_38_15_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2015_01_26_at_7_39_15_PM.png

Welcome back everyone! The Season 42 VHL Entry Draft prospects have been busy and the rankings have seen multiple changes. With the league entering the playoffs and currently moving into the second round, some of the draft order has been stapled in. The 35 prospects who are eligible for selection will make up a total of four rounds in which the VHL teams can pick their favourites. For the first time in our rankings we actually have some movement in our top ten prospects. The significance of this actually shows that the first round could surprise more people this season. Of course a couple things are listed below that I hope engage you, intrigue you and question you the reader. Directly below this you will find our Rankings pie chart that shows some more fluctuation in the numbers and percentages held by each position. Also below we get our first look at a "VHL Season 42 Mock Draft" that is comprised of the order in which we know it currently. For the record, the order may change based on trades as well as future playoff eliminations. The back end of the first round was calculated based on who holds the pick and what position they ended the VHL's 41st season at in the standings. This ranking will hold a first round mock draft with a full two round mock draft coming next week. At the VHLSC we personally feel it's exciting to see the movement and positions that chance each week and we hope the prospects are just as eager for the draft. Without further adieu we give you the VHL Rankings TPE chart and full First Round Mock Draft for the 42nd VHL Entry Draft.

Screen_Shot_2015_01_26_at_7_39_36_PM.png

Mock Draft (1st Round)

FrRpAcc.png

1st Overall - Bismarck Koenig [C]

The HC Davos Dynamo had the pleasure of winning the S42 VHL Entry Draft Lottery; much to the dismay over the other teams. It's a clear that the Dynamo have two directions they can go. They entire draft the goaltender of the future, or a future 1st line stud with no downfalls. We have a feeling they don't pass on the BPA and acquire the most hyped player in this draft in Bismarck Koenig. Koenig is a great centerman with the ability to succeed at both ends of the ice. His pedigree is great and his work ethic is second to none.

HPp8LLs.png

2nd Overall - Callum Sinclair [G]

​Stockholm gets to select second because of the Lottery Draw but they luck out anyways. If the Dynamo do take the BPA in Bismarck Koenig, the Vikings are in line to select their goaltender of the future. Callum Sinclair has the tools to be one of the best out of this draft and has actually increased his value the most out of any prospect. Overtaking Jax Barnstormer in the rankings isn't a surprise, but it is a challenge to Barnstormer to step his game up. Stockholm gets their goaltender and Callum gets a starting gig right away.

qA3LVOO.png

3rd Overall - Joseph Roy III [C]

Joseph Roy III's stock has been rising and his play has been peaking at the right time to boost his value. Seattle already has their goaltender of the future so it doesn't make sense to select one at the number three spot. However, selecting Roy III gives them another piece up front who can step in and compete for a roster spot. Seattle passes on A.C. Savage as his stock drops in regards to the selection of picks, more on that later. JRIII is a safe pick for the Bears and one that doesn't require a ton of scouting as a two-way centre with the ability to boost a LR atmosphere.

qLXReQs.png

(via Toronto)

4th Overall - Jax Barnstormer [G]

Helsinki slips into the 4th spot even as a playoff team because of their acquisition of the Toronto Legion 1st round pick. Luckily for them there is a goaltender on the clock and they get the chance to select him. Although not always the constant stock increaser like Callum Sinclair, Jax Barnstormer will be a number one goaltender in the VHL. Helsinki is looking for a stop gap for Kimmo Salo or a possible permanent solution like Barnstormer. What they do in the off-season prior to the draft will influence this pick heavily.

FrRpAcc.png

(via Calgary)

5th Overall - A.C. Savage [C]

Dynamo get to select for their second time in the first five picks, which is a common luxury in this league. They bite at the chance to select A.C. Savage who drops because of concern over his overall drive. Savage was passed and for the reason of he himself saying he won't amount to much at the pro level. Dynamo don't mind grabbing the "glass half empty" prospect and turn him into a solid depth player for the franchise. The pick was acquired from the Wranglers who continue to deal away picks Mike Milbury is running their front office.

HPp8LLs.png

(via Cologne)

6th Overall - Sam Teibert [C]

Stockholm gets to select again after picking up one of their many first round selections (this one from Cologne). After getting their goaltender earlier in the round they decide to get a man that can carry the load down the centre. Sam Teibert is a quality player that may or may not require an extra year in the VHLM. However, he is the best player available and at this stage Stockholm is looking to build their prospect pool with blue chip prospects for the future Continental Cup runs. Sam Teibert fits nicely in their plans even two years down the road and will allow a solid top six forward for the future.

qLXReQs.png

7th Overall - Wolfgang Strauss [LW]

Helsinki gets to select again in the first round, this time using their very own first round selection. This time they decide to select a winger who helps out their forward core either now as a depth piece, or in the future as a legit first line winger. We do suspect this pick to possibly be dealt though as the franchise is in the midst of a very solid core. If it isn't flipped, Wolfgang Strauss fits into their plans nicely regardless of their situation. With no relation to Markus Strauss the Hall-of-Famer, this young player has a lot of upside and can score at will.

HPp8LLs.png

(via Quebec City)

8th Overall - Patrick Demko [D]

Patrick Demko is another young defensemen that the Stockholm Vikings can use. If he was select here he would be the first defensemen drafted in this draft. Demko has quietly been making noise with his astounding play in the VHLM. Stockholm would fill a need in all three areas of their building going forward. Getting Demko allows Callum Sinclair (see: Pick #2) another stalwart to find chemistry with and build a relationship alongside each other.

HPp8LLs.png

(via Riga)

9th Overall - George Patton [C]

Stockholm could select anyone here as they have the security of selecting in three straight selections. They decide on George Patton who has been progressing all year long to the point of being a first round talent. Patton has a good two-way game and is another forward that the Stockholm Vikings can use for their rebuild of their core.

HPp8LLs.png

(via New York)

10th Overall - Prince Gigga-Bijou [RW]

Stockholm once again steps up to the podium and this time select a pretty unsurprising selection. Prince Gigga-Bijou is a right winger and the highest rated among S42 draftees. Prince also is friends with the Stockholm management so it should surprise no one that he gets taken here after flying under the radar until this point. With wingers being a rarity in this draft, taking the quality ones when you can is imperative. 

Now it is your turn! We want your opinion on who you think will end up where. Try to be serious as we will try to have a fun survey type graphic for the next rankings to get user feedback and other cool information.

Your Predictions:
Edited by Kendrick

Now it is your turn! We want your opinion on who you think will end up where.

The only idea I have of where anyone will go is of myself, and I highly doubt Davos selects me. I don't really care if that brings you down. If anything, it should make your job more interesting ha.

The only idea I have of where anyone will go is of myself, and I highly doubt Davos selects me. I don't really care if that brings you down. If anything, it should make your job more interesting ha.

It's just rather depressing and slightly degrading to see someone so negative on every ranking I make.

I should mention, I respect your views on your player and future but I ask that if you don't want to be included or don't think your player should go high that you either don't look at the rankings or simply don't comment on them. I only say this because its getting redundant and it does ruin my will to do these.

Edited by Kendrick

I haven't been negative about your articles, only my player. If I want to be negative about my own damn player then I'd say I'm well within my right. In fact, this has been the only thing that has made me at all interested in even talking about my player while in the VHLM. 

So I really just don't care if that hurts your feelings. I'll be a dick to Savage if I want to be. Not every draft prospect is a glorious, super happy, positive Patty. Some of them can suck. That's something GMs have to take into consideration, makes this draft more than just who has the most TPE.  

In fact, you can take your own advice. If you don't like my posts you can ignore them.

Edited by Molholt

10th isn't bad considering I joined a bit later than most! My goal is to be the best to whoever drafts me and never miss a single Point Tasks/opportunity to improve my player (the best I can - haven't missed one yet). 

#TPEWhore :cheers:

Edited by Banackock

I haven't been negative about your articles, only my player. If I want to be negative about my own damn player then I'd say I'm well within my right. In fact, this has been the only thing that has made me at all interested in even talking about my player while in the VHLM. 

So I really just don't care if that hurts your feelings. I'll be a dick to Savage if I want to be. Not every draft prospect is a glorious, super happy, positive Patty. Some of them can suck. That's something GMs have to take into consideration, makes this draft more than just who has the most TPE.  

In fact, you can take your own advice. If you don't like my posts you can ignore them.

I wrote the article, you are the one in disagreement every time. I'm not trying to pick a fight here just don't really want a rankings to turn into one guy bringing down the attitude of this draft, but if that's you wish then you have it.

I apologize to anyone in the S42 draft but there will be no further rankings from here on out.

Kendrick you can't just quit because one person says his player's going to suck and he thinks he doesn't deserve to go top 10 or whatever. Your draft board has been pretty damn good.  A couple misses IMO, but that shit happens.

Keep writing these or die

Its not really that though. Its that I put a lot of work into these and the comments he has are basically "you're wrong, id be surprised if someone did what you say". Almost like the article doesn't carry much weight because of his pessimistic attitude. All I ask is that if he has an issue with it, just don't post in the rankings or just keep that stuff elsewhere. But it is degrading writing an article like this and have one drafting put his negative attitude at the bottom every time.

you asked for people's thoughts and he gave his. just my opinion. not trying to throw you under the bus, but he's giving his thoughts and you're doing a solid job, so please keep it up

I understand that. I just hoped people would respond with at least an ounce of enthusiasm. I guess once a gloomer, always a gloomer. I guess I'll continue, someone has to do D_A's homework for him right? #DAjoke #JasonsAndMeAreCoolThough