S42: Contracting the VHLM

Will

Remember when Seattle was in first and was the 'best team' earlier this season? Good times.

Also, you guys seem to be missing the fact that everyone has to operate at 32 million and likely if there was a higher cap, more people would chose to not play for Seattle for various reasons.

Remember when Seattle was in first and was the 'best team' earlier this season? Good times.

Also, you guys seem to be missing the fact that everyone has to operate at 32 million and likely if there was a higher cap, more people would chose to not play for Seattle for various reasons.

This isn't Cologne you are talking about here. We get FA's.

And Cologne hasn't signed a prominent free agent in their existence. What exactly is your point?

You still bitter? Cologne has moved past that considering we've signed guys to complete our roster since. You aren't helping your argument about raising the cap by trying to tustle with every thing that moves in this thread.

You still bitter? Cologne has moved past that considering we've signed guys to complete our roster since. You aren't helping your argument about raising the cap by trying to tustle with every thing that moves in this thread.

I don't care what you think about what I say or don't say to be honest. I stopped giving a shit when you decided to give your ignorant thoughts on my life by calling me a "24 year old fat stoner". Maybe you were the one hiding in denial of who he is. If that's who I was at that point in time, I would have been proud of who I was. Thankfully you weren't even close. It's not the fact that I haven't moved on, just think it's funny when people say that no one wants to play for Seattle when that is far from the truth. I didn't see anyone lining up to play for you either, so don't hold yourself in such high regards. You have quite a few enemies as well.

Edited by Mr. Jones

I don't care what you think about what I say or don't say to be honest. I stopped giving a shit when you decided to give your ignorant thoughts on my life by calling me a "24 year old fat stoner". Maybe you were the one hiding in denial of who he is. If that's who I was at that point in time, I would have been proud of who I was. Thankfully you weren't even close. It's not the fact that I haven't moved on, just think it's funny when people say that no one wants to play for Seattle when that is far from the truth. I didn't see anyone lining up to play for you either, so don't hold yourself in such high regards. You have quite a few enemies as well.

Wait so you calling me out and bashing me automatically means I should hold my breathe? Seems a little silly that only one can speak, the other has to simply take it.

Who said I hold myself in high regard? All I said was that Cologne has gotten over that fiasco with FA and actually gone out and signed guys. Isn't that what this was about? You are making this cap raising thing personal with everyone. I'm just explaining that if you want to see your point get across there is no point in bashing the people you're debating it with; whether thats Flyers, Smarch, Munk or anyone else in here. It's like telling your boss you want an increase and pay and when he says "Why do you deserve it?" you tell him all the things you hate about him instead of answering his question.

Wait so you calling me out and bashing me automatically means I should hold my breathe? Seems a little silly that only one can speak, the other has to simply take it.

Who said I hold myself in high regard? All I said was that Cologne has gotten over that fiasco with FA and actually gone out and signed guys. Isn't that what this was about? You are making this cap raising thing personal with everyone. I'm just explaining that if you want to see your point get across there is no point in bashing the people you're debating it with; whether thats Flyers, Smarch, Munk or anyone else in here. It's like telling your boss you want an increase and pay and when he says "Why do you deserve it?" you tell him all the things you hate about him instead of answering his question.

So your response by saying I haven't answered the question, then you clearly have not read anything I have said in this thread. It's alright that you can come in here and start antagonizing things by not knowing what is being said. But honestly man, for your own sake, read what people right before actually posting things. I clearly gave my side as to why I think it should be raised and that is the only reason that I need to say. Other people are on this side and instead of pressing them about their reasoning, because I decided to reply to things directed at me, you lash out towards me. That seems a little one sided there. I am not going to sit around and let someone say something about one thing and then walk away. Last I checked, I was allowed to state my own opinion. Whether you think it's the right one or not, I am entitled to it and decided to give it. Now you can say your own, but coming in here and stating that I haven't answered the question or resort to the last parts you said, honestly, either say something legitimate or just move on.

I know you are entitled to it, never have and never will say otherwise. I never lashed out haha, go read it man. This physically hurts my brain to actually have to explain, because all anyone ever did (myself included) was point out the flaws in the "Raise the Cap" side of things. If I recall you were the one who came after me when I wrote it.

All I see is people wanting the cap raised because they need to fit some people under their cap for the next few seasons even though they mismanaged their cap the last couple seasons. That isn't the league, nor the blue teams responsibility to bail them out. That is their GM's responsibility to alter and fix whatever that issue is in regards to the salary cap. If the other argument is that it will make the league more active and more players will be happy, I have yet to see where the grand idea of getting these dozens of players is coming from. As I see it now, you want a cap increase so there is more players in the VHL and the league benefits, but won't go out to recruit for those players to begin with. So thus we are right back at square one (a place where 80% of the GM's seem to be doing well at). It's an argument by some and then a horrible thought out scheme by the others.

honestly, either say something legitimate or just move on.

I should point you that you did say "Raise the Cap" but never came up with legitimate points on why it should be raised. It just looked like a bunch of "bail us out of jail free card".

I know you are entitled to it, never have and never will say otherwise. I never lashed out haha, go read it man. This physically hurts my brain to actually have to explain, because all anyone ever did (myself included) was point out the flaws in the "Raise the Cap" side of things. If I recall you were the one who came after me when I wrote it.

All I see is people wanting the cap raised because they need to fit some people under their cap for the next few seasons even though they mismanaged their cap the last couple seasons. That isn't the league, nor the blue teams responsibility to bail them out. That is their GM's responsibility to alter and fix whatever that issue is in regards to the salary cap. If the other argument is that it will make the league more active and more players will be happy, I have yet to see where the grand idea of getting these dozens of players is coming from. As I see it now, you want a cap increase so there is more players in the VHL and the league benefits, but won't go out to recruit for those players to begin with. So thus we are right back at square one (a place where 80% of the GM's seem to be doing well at). It's an argument by some and then a horrible thought out scheme by the others.

Well it's rather difficult to get people interested in joining. I have discussed it plenty wit quite a few people. Just because they don't sign up, doesn't mean I haven't put forth the effort to try and bring in members.

...right.

Seattle hasn't signed a prominent free agent since we moved to this site.

I was going to cry again and then realized you traded me. So I still cried. Then I laughed. Then I realized Smarch had drugged me again,

anyway, this thread is slowing turning from a discussion to disturbed feelings of angst that are all like

anigif_enhanced-buzz-5059-1395948990-28. 

The issue I have with the cap is that we have never adjusted it despite all the inflation that has undoubtedly been happening. Just compare it to the real NHL which frequently raises the cap as long as there is no big recession or other financial problems. And they don't do it because they say "Hey, let's give the Penguins/Blackhawks/another superstar team with cap issues more capspace so they can sign even more stars". They do it just to account for inflation, a few years ago the superstars in the league made $7 or $8 million, now they make $10 million or more. It's the same for other types of players as well, be it second liners or decent #3/#4 defensemen, salaries are getting higher all over the board. And it's no different in the VHL, players have more TPE now than they did a decade or two ago so they make more money yet we have neither touched salary brackets nor the cap in the recent past. And I think we should at least adjust one of these two factors, if we don't raise the cap then let's look into updating the salary brackets.