Alright

Kesler

Alright  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Alright so in the last little bti I have had people tell me that this league is not fun and I am getting a little frustrated that all of these guys are on my team, and they have notified me that they dont enjoy coming on and doing pts/posting and doing all the regular things on the VHL. So I am asking the whole league if you think it is a fun and enjoyable league.

Alright so in the last little bti I have had people tell me that this league is not fun and I am getting a little frustrated that all of these guys are on my team, and they have notified me that they dont enjoy coming on and doing pts/posting and doing all the regular things on the VHL. So I am asking the whole league if you think it is a fun and enjoyable league.

They gon be even more sad when New York wins again pal

I had fun, then I dropped off, then I became really involved in the league and was interested, but still not having fun, but now I'm dropping off again. The lack of activity is a big thing for me, random sim times or missed sims is a turn off, checking from Monday to Saturday, Sunday or the following Monday to see if I got a 5 on my GFX PT is boring and annoying.

Obviously I had a hand in it, but the fan league got me excited, especially with how much buzz was going on with playoff games and people talking about it.

For the couple people saying they really enjoy the VHL, what in particular gives you enjoyment?

I had fun, then I dropped off, then I became really involved in the league and was interested, but still not having fun, but now I'm dropping off again. The lack of activity is a big thing for me, random sim times or missed sims is a turn off, checking from Monday to Saturday, Sunday or the following Monday to see if I got a 5 on my GFX PT is boring and annoying.

Obviously I had a hand in it, but the fan league got me excited, especially with how much buzz was going on with playoff games and people talking about it.

For the couple people saying they really enjoy the VHL, what in particular gives you enjoyment?

I enjoy it. Because it's chill as fuck. There's no filter you can pretty much do what you want. People need to lower their standards to like the height of Jardy's shot glass.  

Edited by Frank

OutKast-Hey-Ya_All-right1_GIF_0414.gif

Partially what Frank said above me, partially because I like the idea of building a guy's story and build RPG-style. It's fun to see a player's progression, especially in relation to people who are also doing the same thing, even if he's not a superstar. And I feel like putting in work makes it both more immersive and more personally rewarding, which is why I prefer a structure of the VHL (or PT leagues in general) to that of the SHL. There's a reason my PTs are rarely half-assed - that stuff is actually part of the appeal to me.

I enjoy it. Because it's chill as fuck. There's no filter you can pretty much do what you want. People need to lower their standards to like the height of Jardy's shot glass.  

YOU can do what you want lol, not all of us have that freedom

You bring up some good points, I think the random sim times may affect quite a few members due to the sims either being late at night or in the morning. Then by the time someone checks the they are a day or two later and nothing has heppened since. 

OutKast-Hey-Ya_All-right1_GIF_0414.gif

Partially what Frank said above me, partially because I like the idea of building a guy's story and build RPG-style. It's fun to see a player's progression, especially in relation to people who are also doing the same thing, even if he's not a superstar. And I feel like putting in work makes it both more immersive and more personally rewarding, which is why I prefer a structure of the VHL (or PT leagues in general) to that of the SHL. There's a reason my PTs are rarely half-assed - that stuff is actually part of the appeal to me.

Not selling up the league, but SHL does that as well, but there's no cap on benefits from writing elaborate media spots for your player progression. I even wrote a 6000 word bio that I never finished for my player there. I just feel like the incentive to do things here is lower.

Yeah this is one of the reasons why I like the VHL, on the SHL if you tell someone to fuck off or something like that you will more than likely get a suspension and on here its like whatever, as well as I feel the quality of members on here is really good. I dont know I feel like the SHl has more quatity but doesnt really ahve the quality, thats why I like it here more.

But no this is not a comparison of the two leagues cause god I hate those, just saying why it might be more enjoyable here then their or vice versa.

You bring up some good points, I think the random sim times may affect quite a few members due to the sims either being late at night or in the morning. Then by the time someone checks the they are a day or two later and nothing has heppened since. 

Could be that JC spoils the SHL with his set times, but especially with the playoffs, I didn't know when to expect games and that was awkward for me because I didn't want to open the LR and find out we had lost like that. I wanted to see us get shutout in game 5.

To use a different example that isn't the normal sim hockey fight, I enjoyed how Shane Banks did the SBA sims on a scheduled time, sure, but I always felt like that was more of a luxury than a necessity. Especially because it's not like it's live play-by-play or anything, whether the sims happened a certain night or not isn't what I come to the league for. Life happens, and frankly, I think that's a good thing for mental health and part of the reason there isn't high simmer turnover and this league has lasted so darn long. Chill I think is a good word; people crack jokes at Jardy sometimes, sure, but I don't think I'd be here long if people were actually actively angry about a strict schedule.

I like the SBA sims, they promote at least showing up and checking the box scores and there's always chirping or people boasting about their players. That sim is different though, it gives good box scores, but something like that is always nice.