New Forum

Higgins

Can we not post threads that are not part of a sub-forum?  For Instance I was going to post some Riga stuff like Retired jersey numbers and all time stats under Riga section but I can't unless I go to the complete sub sub forum of say players or updates.

• Commissioner

I just downloaded the backup file in record time (benefits of waking up in the NA night) though I don't know what to do with it.

By my guess we'll have to upload it onto a new SMF forum since it's likely encrypted so that only SMF can read the data. Hopefully from there we can transfer everything over.

• Commissioner

Next order of business is adding the cheers smiley.

Gotcha covered :cheers:

Doesn't look quite right for some reason, might be a slightly different one. It'll do as a temp though.

• Commissioner

I was kind of being sarcastic, but good work Rob! #Beketov4HOF

A little late on that one :P Unless you mean the builder category, I'd be cool with that haha

No one has been able to download the full 6 GB .tar.gz file from byethost.

I assume they refuse to put the site back online? I mean there's no way someone is still DDoS'ing it anymore, would be a waste of their resources.

Or could they at least allow us to connect to the FTP?

• Commissioner

I don't think the FTP would help, it would just get us server files. Then again, chances are that's all the backup is giving us. Maybe if Sterling fully explained the situation that we're switching hosts for security reasons and just want access for a short while to transfer important documents over. As you said, there's no way that anyone who attacked us is going to notice it's up for a few days and attack again.

Chances are we could even have the site listed as offline and just give a few select people the ability to see it in an offline state to move things. That way if the attacker does see it they'll think we shut down anyway.

• Commissioner

Yeah it's absolute bullshit that we are being treated like this. So much money was spent on that site, not just to get locked out by the company that made money off it.

I do understand in the sense that they are trying to protect their servers from attack which is why they won't let us re-open without paying for the protection but if they are reasonable than hopefully they'll at least allow us to open for a short time, maybe on limited bandwidth, to get our important information.

All the games files were uploaded FTP.

That's true, we could get those.