The Official Welcome Thread

Phil

Welcome one, welcome all, to the Season 44 VHL Super Cup. This is the fourth installment of the tournament and I am proud to present to you your Commissioners for this year's event:

Phil

&

Molholt

Together, we hope to bring you a memorable experience and it all starts with you as the brilliant members of this site. I will need your enthusiasm and activity to really amp up the discussion and bring a sense of excitement to this season's off-season tournament. 

---------------------------------------

Player Eligibility

As Season 44 draws to an end, the Super Cup draws nearer. The Player Eligibility List has already been posted. Who will be pick when? 

The General Managers

Currently, we are in the process of hiring 6 (six) General Managers to lead their teams to glory. If you are interested and haven't already done so, head on over here to apply! The Deadline to apply will be Game 4 of the VHL Finals. Molholt and I will have selected the GMs the day after that Game 4. 

The Draft Lottery

Once the General Managers have been selected, There will be a Draft Lottery to determine the order of the draft. I hope to do a video-cast of the draft lottery but we'll see if I can get it to work. 

The Live Draft

The Draft Date has yet to be determined, as the date and time will be based on the General Managers' availability and when Season 44 finishes. We will do our best to accommodate all of the General Managers with time constraints such as work schedules, time-zone differences, and unavoidable circumstances. . 

The Tournament

The Tournament schedule will be released shortly after Season 44 ends. It will be played in a Round Robin style, with all the teams playing each other twice - once at home and once away. All teams will enter the elimination round and the match-ups will be determined by where teams placed in the Robin Round - i.e. (1) vs (6), (2) vs (5), (3) vs (4).

The Rewards

Rewards will not be based on performance, as it was in the S41 Super Cup. We will be doing a Super Cup Prediction where members can predict a few categories, just like the Yearly Prediction Awards (more details to follow). GMs will be compensated for their efforts and those rewards are TBD. 

If you do a Super Cup themed Point Task for the week during the tournament (Graphic, Media Spot, or Podcast) you will be able to claim 1 uncapped TPE on top of your Final Grade in order to promote Super Cup Activity. This should hopefully liven up your off-season a little bit!

-----------------------

That's all for now, ladies and gents. Use this thread to start initial Super Cup discussions and pose any questions you have. As the tournament draws nearer, we will have finalized more details and Molholt & I will be sure to keep open lines of communication with you. 

Should push Parechkin ahead to let him play in the Super Cup. Give him that Nugent-Hopkins/Crosby outstanding player exemption thing where they get pushed ahead in junior. B)

Nvm, you would've already had too. He should already be in it.

Edited by Kendrick

Should push Parechkin ahead to let him play in the Super Cup. Give him that Nugent-Hopkins/Crosby outstanding player exemption thing where they get pushed ahead in junior. B)

Nugent hopkins never had the exemption did he?I thought he played his five allowed games and was sent back

I made the cut-off for Eligibilty S46 and those under 50TPE.

Looking at the S46 Draft class there are a handful who have over 50. I don't see a reason why they shouldn't be eligible. Give me 10 minutes and the Doc will be updated. 

o god my most recent update gave me 61 TPE

I don't wanna get beaten up. :c

edit: Phew!

you're not safe yet - i'll be adding those from this weeks updates, and since the season may not be over before sunday.... watch out muahahhaha

So since Slaughter hasn't retired his player yet, is he able to enter the Super Cup through the same means Szatkowski Jr. got into the World Cup last season (played his last season in Season 43, then played World Cup, then went into forced retirement after the tourny) or are there different rules for the Super Cup? Didn't see his name on the eligibility list so was just wondering. 

Edited by YEAH!

So since Slaughter hasn't retired his player yet, is he able to enter the Super Cup through the same means Szatkowski Jr. got into the World Cup last season (played his last season in Season 43, then played World Cup, then went into forced retirement after the tourny) or are there different rules for the Super Cup? Didn't see his name on the eligibility list so was just wondering. 

None of the S37 Draft Class Players are eligible.

S46 Players are eligible if they have amassed 50TPE or more. So if Sterling recreates before the draft, then his new player would be eligible. :)