47 Seasons & Counting: An Ode to the Members

Kendrick

As I lie here on a pretty shitty couch most likely ordered from Jysk (the welfare cousin of Ikea) in a Seattle hotel, I got bored of watching Netflix documentaries and sorting through paperwork. I figured as someone who has been here every week since this damn thing opened I would give a shout out to the members who are currently with us and maybe tag some that aren't just for the laws of the story. When I first started here I was a graduated high school student heading down south for some schooling. After completing a couple degrees as well as a few pranks on Mr. Bellotti, I am here now in all my glory hole. These are the people that make up our community:

@Draper Although he has I'm a pussy. for many seasons and this sentence will have a blocked word in, he is a good guy. Just a nice Canadian guy with good values and a great head on his shoulders. I may or may not have lied in that last statement, depending on who you ask.

@Phil I like to think Phil is the glue that keeps this place together. He has a smile that reminds me of a used car salesmen (similar to another Phil formerly living in Toronto). He is a voice of reason, but a voice that has humour behind it and a little naughtiness to him as well.

@JardyB10 We hardly know Jardy, but we know too much. That's the best way of describing the sites relationship with him. He has gone on complete benders throughout his time here (who hasn't) and still finds a way to get back for simming for the most part. Ever notice that Friday sims are earlier than other sims?

@Higgins Some think he does little to help because of Drapers heavy involvement. But as @CowboyinAmerica can vouch for me, he does a large part in ensuring that the future (however bleak or great it seems) stays on course. His VHLM assistance gets most prospects in the right direction.

@Frank The thing about Frank is that he doesn't take things too seriously, and in a way we can all be jealous of that. If you've ever been to the SHL and seen Frank in action you'd know what I mean. Over here he does his own thing, gets the job done and chills out with the boys. Did you know he bailed on me as player once? Look up Adam Schultz.

@sterling Some think Sterling is an old grouchy poo poo pants. Those people are probably right, but he also cares a lot about this place and he did put in an enormous amount of work to keep it going as well. He has a brash opinion on things at times but it also keeps us in a straight line.

@Mr. Power The man that I dubbed Denise. It came from the fact my MacBook seems to have autocorrect turned on (i'm too lazy to change it) and @Beketov knows what I mean. This man doesn't deal with sentences so you will notice his write up is extra long, but thats on purpose. He cares a lot about this league and at times a little too much. I used to rag on him from the start that he talked too much about New York and now he is back there with his boyfriend @Advantage. He traded me away once and now gets lumped into a category that includes @gregreg and @Knight. Keep being you and afraid of malls, girls and bad scotch.

@Beketov If there is one guy I could say that's been a tag team partner with me since day one it might be Mr. Sharpe. We've always seen eye to eye, he is my top tech analyst when I need help with my computer (he even inspired me to by the exact External hard drive I have). We've probably created more players than half the member base already.

@Advantage I used to rag on Chris a lot too (see @Mr. Power's writeup) but they know it was all in good fun. Chris was the heart and soul of New York for the last two weeks years. We've had some fucked up conversations, some good ones and probably a balance of horrible ones too.

@gregreg Mr. H is a Maple Leafs fan first, and a VHL'er second. Greg goes way back to the days when I only had created twice. He has served many positions here and now is back in that GM position he covets a lot. Good GM to work under, but make sure you have a No Trade clause on your deal.

@SmarchThis old timer is a prairie pixie rolled up into a hard shell of a Turtle. What I mean by that is he says whats on his mind but can be a softy from time to time. He is a good guy and someone I am very glad I brought back to this site because he's been a stand up member/person ever since.

@boubabi Helps out the graphics community and gives us some resources to try our luck at improving. I get in debates/arguments with him all the time (sometimes I don't even know I'm in one) but he means well. Kid donates his head lettuce to charity, can't be that bad.

@STZ I've never played with STZ but I'd love to play alongside him in the VHL. As I type this I remembered I just got drafted to the same VHLM team as him which means I call the shower first. He was a solid General Manager and a solid person as well (still is). #SethKnew

@Molholt Molholt's been in this league longer than some might think. I once didn't want to play under him because I found him too negative and I was too busy watching Barney's positive message son TV. I just realized he isn't, he just doesn't paint everything with a rainbow brush if it isn't unicorn related (metaphors4thewin).

@Toast I don't often mention food in my articles or anything but I'll mention Toast. I've seen Toast in a lot of places recently but now I get the chance to work as a player under his management in Riga. I've played alongside him a couple times if I recall. Good guy, really cares about everyones opinions.

@Sandro Sandro once had a Skype call where he was about to press the enter button. That enter button would've retired his player. It as one of the funniest things I've seen on here. We've shared a lot of conversations on here Canuckian, all in good nature of course. Even though some times you thought I was serious.

@boom if there is one guy I'd break my sobriety for, it's Boom. Boom is a class act, provides very good threads in LR's and put a lot of effort into the site. He may not admit it, or even claim things he's done, but Boom is a great guy. Stay humble Boom, there's a reason I selected you as an inaugural Expresso.

@tfong You want to know what's going on in the VHL? Do not ask Fong. He rarely keeps track of things and sometimes I wonder if he knows his left hand from his right. That being said they aren't faults of his, he still provides some great dialogue and works hard in the league.

@Green I played with Green in Cologne and he puts a lot of efforts into his players. He is a family man and often will update us on things going on in his family, which is nice. Good to see guys happy even if they live in a country where their National team fails them year after year.

@Mike Mike and i have had our run-ins from time to time as we butted heads around certain VHL issues, but outside of that I like Mike. He tells it like it is and leaves nothing for the imagination. His legacy will go down as the guy who claimed "Goaltenders at 400 TPE will work for me".

@diamond_ace Less active as he used to be, but still here. Keep running man, never stop. Heard you have a lucky lady as well and she likes to run, I know a large majority who would trade a lot to be in that position.

@StevenStamko91 You little Justin Bieber haircut-Kelowna Rocket dick riding son of a tit. I won't stop being a thorn in your side, much like you won't stop being one in mine. Carefree, unselfish and just a great person to talk about sports with. Don't change, especially when you're in Thailand and "she" tells you too.

@CoachReilly If you get this message, make sure to save some room for a blowup mattress next time I'm in Chicago. We could catch a Blackhawks game you could show me around the beautiful Windy City. All this of course while I wear my Randall Cobb jersey.

@Wasty Thanks for pleasing my sig needs by making and helping me. You've come through for me time and time again and I had a blast playing under your management in the other league.

@jack The time in which you see this doesn't really matter. Thanks for helping me along the way, I learned a lot about sigs by your instructions and various pointers along the way. I graduated university being able to write fairly well, but you helped me gain a visual appreciation and understanding through Photoshop.

@CowboyinAmerica Thanks for side kicking the Updates with me. We're a pretty solid team and one that holds the VHLM updates together.

@Jamie Remember when you created a goalie and retired a season later? Still the best created name I've seen created. Thanks for your constant banter about things. You may not post much around the site but your posts are appreciated.

@Gooningitup I sincerely hope your personal life sees more bright spots in the future. I know what it's like to lose the closest people you love in your life and I wish it on no individual out there. Your in my thoughts constantly as I have taken it to heart when people lose. You created a very underrated player already and look to be ready to strike us again!

@Ahma Keep the porridge eating habits a float. Don't stop being Finnish and make sure to give us the scouting reports on young Finns making strides in the years to come.

@solas You quiet little bugger. Just make sure we hear from you from time and time again, thanks.

@Zero I miss your various pieces around the board. Come and chill with us.

@DollarAndADream Head Grader now, don't let it get to your head. Make sure to drop the Quebec love though because that shits weird. Glad I recruited you, you are a hard worker for this site.

@DewieYou're a little turd most of the time but mean well. Demanding a trade and then seeking your own destination? WTF were you thinking. I should mention to you here that I saw you update on a Tuesday, good work one less day than normal ;) .

@stevo Carmelo Anthony Fan #1, keep insighting LR's for years to come. Make sure everyone knows that Germans rule.

@gorlab Thanks for the humour. If you want me to catch that fade you always promised, I'd be alright that that. As long as you fight bar style and I fight Brown belt BJJ style.

@The Trifecta You changed your name again and thus I never tagged you before. Thanks for always making me laugh with the "49ers are the best comments", I had a blast discussion among other things, mostly Football.

@Ragequit Your name isn't an embodiment of who you are, so change it before I change my mind. Stop being bias and go back to the #Yukon2gud Austin that we all feel in love with.

@flyersfan1493 Worst commish we've had, I mean that too. But glad i brought you back to recreate and all that jazz.

To everyone else that I haven't mentioned. I know I may have forgotten some but my eyes may fall asleep. Yes @STZ I guess I do put a lot of effort into my VHL Fan Articles (especially when I don't need to write one). To everyone that makes this place great, I salute you. To everyone that makes this place a shithole, I salute you even more. Keep up the good fight and don't stop being thoughtful, life hates the people with stagnant minds.

giphy.gif

Edited by Kendrick

this is great. especially the Dean Winchester wink. of course you forgot one of the best vhl members. 

@Kendrick everyone may not get along with you, but they cannot deny how you've been there and done that with literally everything on this site. every job there was to be had you did it for some time. You;ve made countless players and hell one of them has more tpe in his 8 seasons than i've had in 8 players. (except Muller will be different, ask @boubabi hes going to the HoF). You've been a friend to me since day 1, way back in 2007. Also this will be he only nice thing i say to/about you. because i hate you. you are not my owner. <3 (also guys he will never leave, he tried pulling the might be my last player back in like S31. :P )

Your comment "Head Grader now" about me made me curious, because my first thought was that I've been in that position for awhile. So, I went back and checked for the Job Interview thread, and it turns out I've been Head Grader since May 30th. It's been a long time, damn time flies. Don't worry, at this point it definitely won't get into my head if it hasn't already. Thanks for the kind words. :)

I always enjoy reading the discussions (others might call them arguments) that you have all over this place. People get pretty heated with you sometimes, and I think it's hilarious. You're a veteran and you know what's what. You've got a good head on your shoulders and are one of the backbones of the league. Thanks for bringing me here. I honestly can't believe it took so long for me to find out about this place.

If someone showed me the VHL in Season 20 or earlier I probably would have been here then as well.

9 hours ago, Kendrick said:

Sandro once had a Skype call where he was about to press the enter button. That enter button would've retired his player. It as one of the funniest things I've seen on here. We've shared a lot of conversations on here Canuckian, all in good nature of course. Even though some times you thought I was serious.

Hahahaha, I forgot about this! That was too good. He just had to fucking press enter! I forget the exact details (something about trading Terragni I think), but I feel like Barr was involved somehow.

Thanks for the words Kendrick. I'll have you know I just masturbated. <3

22 hours ago, flyersfan1493 said:

How I feel being the "worst commish ever" (although in my heart, I do wish it could have worked out better, but I underestimated how much my free time would drop once I started my job.)

Hidden Content

You were good, Kendrick's just a bitch.