Season 50 VHL Expansion

Higgins

:vhl:  Season 50 VHL Expansion :vhl:

The VHL is coming up on a huge milestone for simulation leagues this year as Season 50 quickly approaches. Draper and I have been discussing ideas for what we could do to promote the league going into the big five-o. Some of our early ideas were to switch the league to the newest version of STHS, relocate all the teams, or even to start a new era of the VHL where new records will be set, but we still pay homage to the first 50 seasons through the Hall of Fame. These ideas all seemed drastic for a conservative league like the VHL, so we decided to try and come up with an idea that was more mild. These included creating an all-time best tournament with the best players from each ten season era, or having a league wide vote to decide what the best possible line would be in the first 50 season of the league.

After a lot of discussion among ourselves, Draper and I have decided to take the middle ground. I am excited to tell you that the VHL will be officially expanding in time for Season 50. Now you may be skeptical and be thinking back to the S31 expansion with Cologne and Quebec City, but I promise you this expansion will be much better and way more exciting. We think the league is at the perfect spot to expand to 12 teams and we have a growing member base that will support two more teams. There are still many details that need to be reviewed for expansion, but Draper and I wanted to make the announcement early and begin discussion in the BOG on the fine details.

Here is a quick synopsis of what Draper and I have decided for the Season 50 VHL Expansion

EXPANSION DRAFT

We want these two expansion teams to be competitive and be playoff teams in their inaugural season for Season 50. We will allow each of the current VHL teams to protect a total of 3 players on their roster, as well as all their prospects. The players left unprotected will be eligible for the S50 Expansion Draft, and each of the expansion teams will select 10 players, one from each team. Therefore the current teams will each lose only two unprotected players.

GENERAL MANAGERS

Draper has opened up a VHL GM Job Application thread for anyone to apply. We will then have a live stream and be pulling names from a hat to decide who gets to GM the two new expansion teams for Season 50!

THE TEAMS

In the North American Conference we are looking to create a team based around the Gulf of Mexico or the Caribbean. The team has already been given the name of the Pirates, but the location is to be determined by the selected GM. Some initial ideas were, Mexico City, New Orleans, or the Bahamas.

In the European Conference we have decided that our market in Stockholm has been so successful we want to expand further into Sweden. Thus far there is only one contender in a small and obsolete town by the name of Vasteras that has expressed any interest.

striat_pirates.jpg4IXJjn7.png

This is going to be an exciting time as the Victory Hockey League reaches the fifty season pinnacle and prepares for a two team Expansion!! I hope you are all as hyped up as Draper and I were when we came up with the plan.

3 minutes ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

I would like to publicly campaign for the Vasteras position. As a show of my dedication, my next post-Wingate player will be named Lucas Tannahill.

I would totally support rigging the live name out of hat draw for such a strong commitment.

10 minutes ago, Higgins said:

Also I have inside information that @JardyB10 is lobbying for the new expansion teams to have short city names to save himself time when posting the game threads.

In that case I lobby for Örnsköldsvik to be the new Swedish team

2 minutes ago, Victor said:

I'm kind of depressed by the fact that it's so obvious that this isn't feasible. :(

lol, yeah expansion isn't remotely viable and makes this april fools too transparent

1 minute ago, Molholt said:

would be if members could have two players :o

:ph34r:

make it like SBA where you can only have one in either league and then have the capped player become an inactive filler player after the times up. would help flesh out some rosters instead of having teams with literally 1-2 players

1 minute ago, brovy said:

No no no no....

I guess iam gonna have to restart my rebuild again because I am not losing a fucking lottery picked player.

Oh wait its april fools and iam sure higgins is using this as a pt.