Helsinki Titans GM Change

Will

• Senior Admin

This a very bittersweet post to write. I've very much enjoyed my time as a GM and I'm still grateful for the opportunity STZ gave me when he decided to step down way back when. Admittedly, had I been a commissioner before that I probably would have thought twice about accepting it but, alas, I decided to stick with it and see what happened. I'm very proud of what we accomplished. 

Being the first team to win back-to-back cups since S24/25 Davos was probably my favorite moment during my run. That's one of those things where the chances of being part of it once are small enough, let alone the chances of ever experiencing it again. A close second to that favorite moment is the insane luck that saw Helsinki get the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd overall picks in the S45 draft. 

2 Continental Cups, 2 Victory Cups, 3 Fong Trophies in the past 4 seasons, and 2 David Knight Trophies - my run has been pretty much as successful as I could have asked for. That being said, I definitely didn't do it alone and there is a bunch of thank-you's that I owe people:

My fellow S45 players @Phil and @Victor were always the cornerstones and I don't remember ever making a significant move without consulting them. Phil's an outstanding captain and while the Grimm Jonsson vote could be called a popularity contest in some seasons, I can say with pretty near certainty that it's 100% justified when Phil gets votes. 

@Wasty, @Tylar, @Mr. Escabar, @Kylrad and @Individual have all been amazing. Some of these guys are quiet around the boards but they've always made an effort to post in the LR and they've been loyal as fuck over past however many seasons, so I really thank them for that. Especially Wasty - picking him up basically for free was one of the best decisions I made as GM and he's one guy that I really hope I get to play with again. 

Can't forget @der meister@Green, and @Duddy for coming to Helsinki and allowing us to have that early success. Playing with you three was awesome and I'm still eternally sad that Klose never got that Boulet. Also heart is still broken that we had to move Duddy so early.

With all that being said, I've been a Titan for more or less my entire VHL experience and it's time for me to see if the grass is green elsewhere. I'm happy to announce @Daniel as the new GM of the Helsinki Titans. I trust I'm leaving the ship in good hands! 

giphy.gif

Thank you for the opportunity again man. You did an amazing job as a GM, it's going to be a tough act to follow but I'll do my best to at least replicate some of your success :cheers: 

• Senior Admin
Just now, hedgehog337 said:

So Dadonov goes to the Titans as well? Wow, Quebec gets rekt, if this is not the joke.

i recommend you visit the trade forum m8 

Just now, Draper said:

I knew I was forgetting someone! Edited =) 

<3 

Wish I would have been more active but it worked out just fine for you guys.

• Senior Admin
Just now, Duddy said:

<3 

Wish I would have been more active but it worked out just fine for you guys.

Luckily it worked out pretty well for you as well with that New York cup :cheers: 

• Senior Admin
4 minutes ago, Victor said:

As Draper couldn't possibly remember everyone, a shoutout to @Beketov and @Paramorise for being awesome rental players.

There is simply too many lovely people for my brain to handle! 

• Senior Admin
28 minutes ago, boom said:

It was a pleasure.......regardless.

Dr.-Who.gif

God dammit, I knew I was still forgetting someone. It was a pleasure having you Boom and your continued moral support even after Koenig's retirement has been fantastic <3

p.s. you must keep that GIF on file at all times