S49 Announcements

Will

• Senior Admin

Pension Upgrades

After much debate on both the public forum and within the BOG, we've decided that the pension upgrades available in the player store will be removed. These upgrades were the subject of much controversy, and we've come to agree with many of you who have expressed concern about a welfare claim being able to get as high as 5 TPE, just 1 less than a point task. We also fear that the existence of these upgrades may have been encouraging people to do welfare more often.

There is really little logic for them when you can get the same effect from the VHL.com Upgrade at less or the same price, and that is what welfare users will have to buy from now on if they want that extra capped TPE.

Only one member has bought it for S49 and he will have it refunded. Apologies for the slight delay in announcing this, we were toying with some other changes to welfare/pension but have decided that this two-players business should alleviate most concerns about pension so we'll wait and see what happens with that.

Player-Goalie Position Changes

This past off-season saw some debate about the league's decision to allow AK47 a position change. There has never been any formal rules on switching from player to goalie or vise-versa, so the circumstances were all we had to work with. In hindsight, it may have been a mistake and we apologize for that. In any case, it became clear that we need some real rules on these types of position changes. 

- A first-gen player will have 1 month from the date of their initial creation to switch to or from goalie at no penalty.

- Re-creates will not be allowed to switch to or from goalie. However, if a player started off with carryover AND they decide they want to switch prior to the start of the VHL Playoffs in the year prior to their draft year (i.e. S49 Playoffs for an S50 draftee) we will allow them to retire and re-create once again while keeping that carryover.

For example, Player 1, an S50 player, started off with 50 TPE in carryover from his previous player. Just before the start of S49 Playoffs, Player 1 decides he would like to switch to goalie. He will not be allowed to switch, but Player 1 can retire, recreate as Player 2, and start again at the 50 TPE in carryover from the previous player. 

This will only be allowed once with the same amount of carryover. (i.e. if the example player above decided he wanted to switch again, he would start at the base 30 TPE). 

No TPE will carryover from the player being switched from. This includes point tasks, claimed or unclaimed. If you make the switch, you are starting over.

- A re-create with no carryover (or less than 30) will have to retire and recreate as normal should they want to switch to or from goalie. 

• Senior Admin
10 minutes ago, Tylar said:

damn, guess i'm not going to bother recreating

You still get 4/week, I don't think a couple of seasons of 5/week is going to make or break a career - especially with all the other shit going on for capped TPE

36 minutes ago, Banackock said:

@Draper So does this mean I get my carry over like I asked? :ph34r:;)  

3 hours ago, Draper said:

- Re-creates will not be allowed to switch to or from goalie. However, if a player started off with carryover AND they decide they want to switch prior to the start of the VHL Playoffs in the year prior to their draft year (i.e. S49 Playoffs for an S50 draftee) we will allow them to retire and re-create once again while keeping that carryover.

8 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

> Complains that people who wanted to remove a redundant option in the Player Store are crybabies. 

> Acts like a crybaby 

>Hasn't had to change anything in 40+ seasons

>Pretends to be a commish for a day

• Senior Admin
1 hour ago, Da Trifecta said:

Because the commy scum gave into the whiny little cry babies.

I'm pretty certain the majority of the league agrees that giving out 5 TPE for posting in a thread is absurd when you get 6 for a point task. We're not 'giving in' to anyone, we all agree on this change.

12 minutes ago, Da Trifecta said:

>Hasn't had to change anything in 40+ seasons

>Pretends to be a commish for a day

Say what you want about this change but don't talk shit about the guy who has simmed for several real life years. He's done infinitely more for this league than your shit attitude has ever done or will ever do. 

1 minute ago, Draper said:

I'm pretty certain the majority of the league agrees that giving out 5 TPE for posting in a thread is absurd when you get 6 for a point task. We're not 'giving in' to anyone, we all agree on this change.

Say what you want about this change but don't talk shit about the guy who has simmed for several real life years. He's done infinitely more for this league than your shit attitude has ever done or will ever do. 

LMFAO just stop talking hahaha

Also since when is majority like 3-4 people?

Edited by Da Trifecta

I'm not even sure what you're upset about, DT. You have a great player, and I don't think you even have to rely on welfare. But even if you do, this still hardly changes anything. 

So why is it that this is not a fair change?

• Senior Admin
6 minutes ago, Da Trifecta said:

Also since when is majority like 3-4 people?

You act like your the leader of the revolution but you're literally the only one in here bitching and moaning :S 

Just now, Draper said:

You act like your the leader of the revolution but you're literally the only one in here bitching and moaning :S 

I'm acting like a leader of a revolution? What do you think this is the 1600's? LMFAO nice joke. I ain't bitching and moaning. I seem to see the other asses around the league doing so by whining to you about this or that. If they put forth the effort to get themselves the 5 TPE based off contract and work in the player category they would be on the other side of this argument. Everyone in favor or this is whiny first gens who think they are better than others.

1 minute ago, Victor said:

DT is only raging because 701 wasn't forced to change back to goalie. His complaint has nothing to do with welfare or pension.

I didn't pay attention if he moved or not. Nor do I give a shit if he moved or not. I don't worry about people who will be inactive in a matter of a couple weeks.