S49 Announcements

Will

• Senior Admin
Just now, Da Trifecta said:

You mean the people who want to ruin one of the best leagues on the net? By doing things that will make them lose members?

If giving people 4 tpe for posting in a thread instead of 5 ruins the league, it was already dead. 

1 minute ago, Frank said:

It's gonna suck to lose all those members who post claim in the welfare thread. 

tumblr_m1sfugjyMt1qzbqw1o1_400.gif

Well then say goodbye to people like Tylar and Fong and quite a few others. People who still contribute and create discussion. So yeah, it's going to suck. I bet you and all these other tards that dont give a fk will be jumping for joy when we have the same 20 people on site.

• Senior Admin
1 minute ago, Da Trifecta said:

Well considering thats the only thing good for people to spend money on, yeah it does suck. Ever since the retarded player store was amended for money to just sit around and collect dust, then money will basically be obsolete in no time.

You could always buy the magazine article, though I'm not sure you could handle seeing what other members actually think of you =) 

Just now, Draper said:

You could always buy the magazine article, though I'm not sure you could handle seeing what other members actually think of you =) 

Wow a magazine article. NO FREAKING WAY DUDE! THAT IS THE BEST WAY FOR ME TO SPEND ALL THIS MONEY. ITS BURNING A HOLE IN MY HAND WAITING FOR AN ARTICLE TO BE WRITTEN ABOUT ME. FFS.

I'm pretty sure Fong was in favour of the change. Or, at the very least, he's indifferent to it. He's not going anywhere. 

The welfare upgrade was an additional 8 TPE a season if utilized properly. 

The Fan 590 upgrade is the same, but cheaper.

Plus you can still double or triple your award predictions. 

And honestly, if this change seriously causes members to leave, then I'd have to question their value to the league in the first place.

I earn contract money just for someone to write about me. Yay. I do enough writing about myself. Do I really care to spend MY contract money for someone else to do the same thing? No. That was one of the worst additions to the player store I have ever seen.

• Senior Admin

It's kind of funny DT has quoted nearly every post in this thread except this one:

14 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

I'm not even sure what you're upset about, DT. You have a great player, and I don't think you even have to rely on welfare. But even if you do, this still hardly changes anything. 

So why is it that this is not a fair change?

:hmm:

16 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

I'm not even sure what you're upset about, DT. You have a great player, and I don't think you even have to rely on welfare. But even if you do, this still hardly changes anything. 

So why is it that this is not a fair change?

It's just a shame to see things have to change when something has been working for over 40 seasons. Usually the motto goes, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

I am an eighth-gen and I approve the message in the OP.

Also, didn't DT post a VHL Fan article recently about how he was going to change his ways? Lasted all but a week or what?

Just now, Kendrick said:

I am an eighth-gen and I approve the message in the OP.

Also, didn't DT post a VHL Fan article recently about how he was going to change his ways? Lasted all but a week or what?

Well we all know what you have to say means nothing. Also things have changed. I have opened up my eyes to all the BS that is trying to go on and I am saying something about it.

It's just a shame to see things have to change when something has been working for over 40 seasons. Usually the motto goes, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Welfare itself hasn't been a thing since the late 20s, early 30s. The player store revamp where this option was added would have been shortly after that yet. So it's a relatively new thing. And it was pretty broken, considering a full pension plus a little cash was suddenly deemed almost as much as a PT. Which it really isn't. 

5 minutes ago, Da Trifecta said:

You realize the thing you're complaining about has only been in place for 10 of those seasons right? Making that purchase an option didn't make the league what it was, so it sure as hell isn't going to break it. 

Edited by YEAH!stlemania

Well we all know what you have to say means nothing. Also things have changed. I have opened up my eyes to all the BS that is trying to go on and I am saying something about it.

Discrediting my opinion doesn't do you any good when you yourself make no impact on any league decisions. I've been here almost 50 seasons, if it means nothing then the BOG wouldn't be a thing as well as various other rules.

This isn't BS but continue to cry wolf.