Stanley Cup Final: PIT vs SJS

Digg

Please god let it be the damn sharks, but who the hell woulda predicted this final?

Maybe u say Pittsburgh makes it, but not on the back of Matt Murray. But Sharks on the back if Jones?. What a crazy thought. I really would rather SJS win it, but Pittsburgh is certianly the favorite 

San Jose wins. Pitt has had to be one of the luckiest teams ever, with that nearly horrible level defensive core. Yes the team and their depth have played good in stretches these playfoffs, but to be quite honest the Pens have "survived" a game on way more than one occasion this playoffs. They can't keep getting the bounces, the calls, the great performance by an unproven goalie in Murray at key moments, all every game. Especially with how cold Crosby/Malkin have been. 

Sharks in 5 imo. They are rolling like a wave of momentum and are going to remind the Pens that they actually haven't "earned" nearly as much this playoffs as people seem to think they have. 

I hope the Pens win, but it's going to be a toss up. People keep thinking we are having good and lucky performances, but we haven't been really. Murray had something like a .890 Sv% in that TBL series, we can't have that happen. Not to mention we outshot them by 90 and still barely snuck by. Shots arent everything but they are important, I mean you would expect the team consistently outshooting their opponents to win. I was surprised how close last night was, considering it was 40-17 shot wise. I think we had 3 games with us outshooting them by 20+

Malkin had 6 points this series, Crosby had 5 with multiple game winners....not great but not bad either. Not to mention Kessel has been on fire.

edit: also, just looked this up, Pens had 4th least PIM/G this season, so it's not anything new. Also we have 5th least PIM/G this playoffs, Sharks have 2nd least.

Edited by ADwyer87

59 minutes ago, ADwyer87 said:

I hope the Pens win, but it's going to be a toss up. People keep thinking we are having good and lucky performances, but we haven't been really. Murray had something like a .890 Sv% in that TBL series, we can't have that happen. Not to mention we outshot them by 90 and still barely snuck by. Shots arent everything but they are important, I mean you would expect the team consistently outshooting their opponents to win. I was surprised how close last night was, considering it was 40-17 shot wise. I think we had 3 games with us outshooting them by 20+

Malkin had 6 points this series, Crosby had 5 with multiple game winners....not great but not bad either. Not to mention Kessel has been on fire.

edit: also, just looked this up, Pens had 4th least PIM/G this season, so it's not anything new. Also we have 5th least PIM/G this playoffs, Sharks have 2nd least.

Him having a .890 is the definition of luck for that team though. 

Just now, Kendrick said:

Him having a .890 is the definition of luck for that team though. 

I double checked, my stats were wrong, it was .904, his first 4 games were .890. He was good in his last two games(45 for 48) And I would say that's not luck. Murray was cranking out great games and came back down to earth hard. But the pens had to fight for games that would have been easy. Look at game 2, Pittsburgh dominated in that win, shots were 41-21, pens had a lot of momentum with suddenly bring more health, and they just played better all game. But they still eked out a 3-2 win in OT because Murray went 19-21 and Vasi made some amazing saves. I don't think it's luck in that case, it's bad luck for us(though inevitable and we knew that) that he went back to human, but the opposing team couldn't capitalize on the Pens goalies combined .899 save percentage because the Pens allowed precious few chances.

Gonna be a cracker of a series, that's for sure. I'm not really sure why y'all think the Penguins are the luckiest team ever and don't really deserve to be in the finals though. I feel as if there may be some bias in those comments. You look at their team since Sullivan joined and they have been dominant. 

No idea who will win, but I will enjoy watching every minute of it. Either Kessel or Reimer gets a cup. Sweet vindication :drunk:

2 hours ago, Knight said:

Gonna be a cracker of a series, that's for sure. I'm not really sure why y'all think the Penguins are the luckiest team ever and don't really deserve to be in the finals though. I feel as if there may be some bias in those comments. You look at their team since Sullivan joined and they have been dominant. 

No idea who will win, but I will enjoy watching every minute of it. Either Kessel or Reimer gets a cup. Sweet vindication :drunk:

I think it stems from the Pens-Caps series. No doubt we had luck on our side during that series

Starting the parade in Toronto already?

this series decides if you get the 29th or 30th!

• 2 weeks later...