Edition 287

STZ

RE: @sterling - I agree with your main premise, but I think the argument for increasing recruitment/retention rates with the ability to have two players will be that members will have more to do/will be more involved with the league, and therefore are more likely to stick around. 

But yes, I will admit that I wondered if this was our "jump the shark"  moment as well when it started to gain more traction within the community. 

Pretty sure I specifically said that the problem is recruitment, but I'll keep waiting on that problem to be resolved, because I haven't seen anything changing that in the last 10-15 seasons. 

So while the VHL keeps failing at changing that, I'm going to keep looking for other changes that might extend the life of the league by utilizing the dedicated member base that we already have, because they obviously don't want to recruit or people don't want to join. 

1 hour ago, sterling said:

I'm not that against it, just not that for it overall either. Another thing that was similar was expansion of which i felt the same way about and still do to a large extent.

My thoughts exactly. I don't hate the idea but I can't say I'd be upset of it wasn't put in place. Recruitment is the issue here but only a handful of people take pride in being here.

• Admin

It's not like anyone's saying OK, we'll get two players, now we don't have to change anything ever again. It's a cool bonus for many dedicated members and I don't think it'd hurt anyone. Retention may benefit but I don't think that's a major selling point so saying it won't address it is like accusing a frying pan of not boiling water as effectively as a kettle.

(I had to think of a metaphor for a while and it's still shit)

28 minutes ago, Victor said:

It's not like anyone's saying OK, we'll get two players, now we don't have to change anything ever again. It's a cool bonus for many dedicated members and I don't think it'd hurt anyone. Retention may benefit but I don't think that's a major selling point so saying it won't address it is like accusing a frying pan of not boiling water as effectively as a kettle.

There's another saying about pots calling kettles black. So I don't know how, but somehow this is racist, and I am offended. #KettleLivesMatter

we did have some pretty good dedicated members out there recruiting their asses off @Kendrick and @Green now though, not as much just because people were making a stink about the tpe they were getting. It's funny too because i'm sure those people never tried to recruit anyone. its quite hard, you have to spam the shit out of a site, you have to get them to sign up you have to get them to get to what 50 tpe and 100 tpe then like 200? to get any amount of good tpe to make it worth it (i think?) 

anywho, i'm for the 2 player rule. I'd love to disappoint 2 GM's at once. 

45 minutes ago, Victor said:

For the record frying pans don't boil water as quickly, the retention of heat in a kettle allows the water to boil at quicker rate.

5 minutes ago, StevenStamkos91 said:

we did have some pretty good dedicated members out there recruiting their asses off @Kendrick and @Green now though, not as much just because people were making a stink about the tpe they were getting. It's funny too because i'm sure those people never tried to recruit anyone. its quite hard, you have to spam the shit out of a site, you have to get them to sign up you have to get them to get to what 50 tpe and 100 tpe then like 200? to get any amount of good tpe to make it worth it (i think?) 

anywho, i'm for the 2 player rule. I'd love to disappoint 2 GM's at once. 

Well that was one of the biggest daggers thrown towards us at the time. Some of the people complaining were simply complaining because we were on a rival team and also complaining because of the value we were getting for the #1 job in the league.

Great edition as always gentlemen.

The VHLM article talking about each team ranked by their record was great... I think @ADwyer87 wrote that? Those are a nice overview of what players to watch out for on each team. 

Also, I agree with many of @sterling's points. I am not thrilled with the new 2 player ideas. 

• Admin
34 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

For the record frying pans don't boil water as quickly, the retention of heat in a kettle allows the water to boil at quicker rate.

yeah that's what I said

Great articles in this edition.

Somebody named jalaolar won. That member doesn't exist, so I suggest a re-roll?

Also, this is probably plenty of seasons late to mention, but you could probably change travhave to DollarAndADream in that lotto list now. Not that I'd ever win anyways, so nobody would ever have to wonder who travhave is.

There's a dick joke in me winning the 10 TPE, I just can't think of it.

Something something lul D something something.

16 hours ago, Kendrick said:

Whoever wrote the part about the VHLSC account, it's been in existence for 6 seasons now just too many people were over-sensitive about it with the poll last time.

My bad, quick glance and thought it was new. People shouldn't be so over-sensitive. Seems like something that could be cool if used more.

8 hours ago, Kendrick said:

Just a question, is there a reason some writers don't have their names above the articles?

I could add, but I thought it was obvious..

Toast has always done Victory 3

Adwyer is VHLM

and I did the Headlines for my 590