Pokemon GO

scoop

49 minutes ago, Streetlight said:

Oh, and just to be clear, I didn't actually find a Mewtwo. As authentic as that looks, it's merely a drawing I did over a picture.

I actually can't get Pokemon GO on my phone.

Glad you clarified. I was super jelly. 

51 minutes ago, Streetlight said:

Oh, and just to be clear, I didn't actually find a Mewtwo. As authentic as that looks, it's merely a drawing I did over a picture.

I actually can't get Pokemon GO on my phone.

Oh, it's a Mewtwo I see, I was looking at it thinking "what the fuck is that Ekans doing up that Pokemon's butt?"

2 hours ago, Green said:

Not released here yet, so downloaded my copy from Australia. Love the game so far :)

Reported to the relevant authorities!

Just don't be the guy who doesn't give a fuck who else is walking on the street because he's staring at his phone. There was some fucking big "hunt" here in Sydney and I almost lost my shit with the fuckwits looking everywhere but where they were going.

I don't believe it's out in Canada either, but I downloaded the APK file on Android like everyone else I know.

Man, it's crazy how massively popular this game is.

There's a bunch of PokeStops in my area, and there's this one where you have to walk down a trail to get to it. Somebody used a Lure on it to attract Pokemon there for awhile. So, I see on my map there's a lured Pokestop in there, and what happens? I walk in there and there's like 20 people all playing Pokemon at that PokeStop. Craziness. Most of them over 20. A couple of 40 year olds.

I'm loving this shit.

I'm definitely not good enough to be killing it at the gyms yet. My best Pokemon is a 300CP Pidgeot that I caught at a Wal Mart Supercenter. There were 2 other dudes trying to catch it as well. 

My major problem is that I drive everywhere, so I don't get to reap all the benefits of walking places. I'm going to need to borrow my mom's dog to walk it places from now on.

how this game so fuckin ugly tho??

they really couldn't use like an 8bit sprite/map layout to throw back to pokemon roots??? the character looks like a beta version of a second life sprite or some shit. Shit is UGLY AF.

• Commissioner
36 minutes ago, Higgins said:

By the time it releases in Canada the hype will probably be dead 

Most likely haha.

I'm considering going and making an American iTunes account to be able to download it but will likely just wait it out.

6 hours ago, Higgins said:

By the time it releases in Canada the hype will probably be dead 

I don't know timetable for release in Canada but I'm guessing they have several additions they plan on rolling out to keep interest high. 

5 hours ago, Smarch said:

http://mobilesyrup.com/2016/07/06/heres-how-get-pokemon-go-for-ios-canada/

First thing that pooped up on Google.  I looked and the android link is on there

hehehehehehehehe

I don't know if it's legitimately out in the States yet (it doesn't show up in my Play Store, but maybe my Play Store is Canadian?), but I downloaded it, and play it only a little because I have minimal data.

However, I was walking around the block, and some Mexicans cutting grass in the distance called me out for playing it. It may have been the worst moment in my life.

• Commissioner
10 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

hehehehehehehehe

I don't know if it's legitimately out in the States yet (it doesn't show up in my Play Store, but maybe my Play Store is Canadian?), but I downloaded it, and play it only a little because I have minimal data.

However, I was walking around the block, and some Mexicans cutting grass in the distance called me out for playing it. It may have been the worst moment in my life.

You would have the Canadian Store. It's out in Australia, New Zealand and the US officially. Anyone who has it elsewhere has an unofficial version or changed their store location.

12 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

hehehehehehehehe

I only have 2 gigs of data on my plan. I've played this game for like 3 days straight or whenever it came out. I've gotten like 70mb. This game takes barely any data at all.