2017-2018 NHL Discussion

boubabi

26 minutes ago, Spade18 said:

Sitting row 5 at Devils Rangers tonight!!! SO EXCITEDDDD LETS GO DEVILSSSSSS

was hoping this would be the game to clinch the playoffs but Carolina was no help last night <.< <.< <.<

Look for me on TV, I'll be the guy in the backwards devils cap, with the Nico Hischier jersey where the letters are too small.

I'll also be hella drunk 

(I know, all incredible discernible things at a devils game)

LGD!!!!

Go Devils! You see that Hall winner the other night against the terribly run franchise in Montreal?

22 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Go Devils! You see that Hall winner the other night against the terribly run franchise in Montreal?

Like the devils was a better exemple lmao

You have a crush on me eh? 

Edited by boubabi

55 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

https://streamable.com/0fb5k <- me during

35 minutes ago, boubabi said:

Like the devils was a better exemple lmao

You have a crush on me eh? 

The number of franchises who have had  this amount of success in an equally short history are few and far between.  

Also, Larsson for Hall > McDounagh for Gomez 

Talking about the past to analyse team success. Good thing the habs have 24 cups. This argument is irrelevant but considering you tried to brought McDounagh vs Gomez, I guess it matchs the relevance. 

The devils has been a shit show after their stanley cup appareance in 2011 (?), so I dont think theres much to say about team management. Not that Habs are good, just not inferior to the devils

2 minutes ago, Gooningitup said:

How about Karlsson basically opting out of the rest of the season? Sounds like hes all but done in ottawa

No surprise really. The guy does seem easy to crack mentally in game. A player like that who quits isn't quite much of a leader

2 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

No surprise really. The guy does seem easy to crack mentally in game. A player like that who quits isn't quite much of a leader

I cant speak for how he is mentally as outside of their improbable cup run i barely notice the sens. But it speaks leaps an bounds about his leadership quality to abandon his team for the last 3 games. Regardless of how the season is going stick through it to the end

Just now, Gooningitup said:

I cant speak for how he is mentally as outside of their improbable cup run i barely notice the sens. But it speaks leaps an bounds about his leadership quality to abandon his team for the last 3 games. Regardless of how the season is going stick through it to the end

Regardless of contract or even their stupid owners comments, don't lose who you are because of it. Karlsson is showing his true colours as a player who will never be a true leader. Then again in the media he always seemed rather fake in that area

3 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Regardless of contract or even their stupid owners comments, don't lose who you are because of it. Karlsson is showing his true colours as a player who will never be a true leader. Then again in the media he always seemed rather fake in that area

The city controls that team almost as much as Montreal does. When Melynk makes a choice he feels is for the best(though hes a bad owner too). The media eats him alive. The whole arena thing is going to be a mess. I dont even know how they plan on having people get in an out of that area when games are going. Because transit in this city is a joke

6 minutes ago, Gooningitup said:

The city controls that team almost as much as Montreal does. When Melynk makes a choice he feels is for the best(though hes a bad owner too). The media eats him alive. The whole arena thing is going to be a mess. I dont even know how they plan on having people get in an out of that area when games are going. Because transit in this city is a joke

Yeah its a rock and a hard place. Good idea to have a team in Ottawa, but it seems like the whole foundation is somewhat rocky now. Winning changes things and having a better management team might help.

2 minutes ago, boubabi said:

His kid fucking died, give gim a break lmao

Thats fine if that was why he stepped away, but its not. He left for a month and came back. For more than abit, if thats why cool i get it. However it sounds like he wants out even in ottawa papers

1 minute ago, Kendrick said:

Yeah its a rock and a hard place. Good idea to have a team in Ottawa, but it seems like the whole foundation is somewhat rocky now. Winning changes things and having a better management team might help.

Im probably in the minority and not a sens fan, but living in the area with many sens fans. I think its better to move on from Boucher, Dorion, Karlsson. Karlsson will net a huge haul that can really put the pieces they need in place. Find a coach who doesnt hate playing young guys like Boucher does. Dorion i havent liked a move hes made since taking the helm.

1 minute ago, Gooningitup said:

Im probably in the minority and not a sens fan, but living in the area with many sens fans. I think its better to move on from Boucher, Dorion, Karlsson. Karlsson will net a huge haul that can really put the pieces they need in place. Find a coach who doesnt hate playing young guys like Boucher does. Dorion i havent liked a move hes made since taking the helm.

Yeah I agree on all fronts. Get a captain with some real passion and not a liability. People praising Karlsson last year because he became a better defensive player...you know while Method was still with him.

2 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Yeah I agree on all fronts. Get a captain with some real passion and not a liability. People praising Karlsson last year because he became a better defensive player...you know while Method was still with him.

Hes not an awful player im his own zone, but he does need a guy whose more stable in his own zone to play with 

1 minute ago, Gooningitup said:

Hes not an awful player im his own zone, but he does need a guy whose more stable in his own zone to play with 

He does need that. He is not awful but he isn't the greatest in any way. To me a Norris is given to guys like Lidstrom who aren't a liability.

1 hour ago, Gooningitup said:

Thats fine if that was why he stepped away, but its not. He left for a month and came back. For more than abit, if thats why cool i get it. However it sounds like he wants out even in ottawa papers

There was a recent interview where he said he would evaluate if he would play. But I believe it has to do with staying near home and the wife.

7 hours ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

i fucking cried like a baby. honestly. so good

The celebration after the game on the ice......

I cried like a baby.

Edited by Beaviss

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 4:11 PM, Kendrick said:

his son died man I think he's allowed to check out in this scenario yeah?

25 minutes ago, Tyler said:

his son died man I think he's allowed to check out in this scenario yeah?

Funny how I'm being told that I'm cold and then, people wonder why someone isnt playing in a meaningless game when their fucking son died

• Commissioner
1 hour ago, boubabi said:

Funny how I'm being told that I'm cold and then, people wonder why someone isnt playing in a meaningless game when their fucking son died

Was his son dying common knowledge? I hadn’t heard about it. Mind you I’m pretty disconnected.

If it was then I actually kinda agree with you (shocking I know). That’s definitely plenty of reason to miss some games.