2017-2018 NHL Discussion

boubabi

7 hours ago, Tyler said:

Vegas X Tampa should be a good series. Won't feel like a final though.

I wouldnt count my caps out yet. Quite honestly the only reason Washington hasnt won this series in 5(game 3 was our only bad game). Is Vasy has stood on his head. Otherwise it have been a washington Vegas final alreay going on

3 hours ago, Gooningitup said:

I wouldnt count my caps out yet. Quite honestly the only reason Washington hasnt won this series in 5(game 3 was our only bad game). Is Vasy has stood on his head. Otherwise it have been a washington Vegas final alreay going on

Game 7 should be a doozy. :)

2 hours ago, Gooningitup said:

Oh i hope so this team seems to finally be playing with some passion. Probably realizing their window is like a year maybe 2 left

It's so weird knowing that Ovie's been in the league for like 13 seasons. Makes me feel old as fuck.

5 hours ago, Gooningitup said:

40minutes just gotta keep playing with heart. Probably be drunk if we win, or lose if i dont have a heart attack first 

Im rooting for the caps lets just hope that all the pressure doesn’t make them fold.

Las Vegas is cool as a cucumber.

• Commissioner

Between Vegas and Washington doing things barely anyone predicted it should be a good year for my NHL predictions on here haha.

I think if Washington gets into their own head too much (or if Fleury keeps being unstoppable) Vegas could take this; especially since they are FAR more rested. However if Washington can play like these last two games they should be dominant.

1 hour ago, Beketov said:

Between Vegas and Washington doing things barely anyone predicted it should be a good year for my NHL predictions on here haha.

I think if Washington gets into their own head too much (or if Fleury keeps being unstoppable) Vegas could take this; especially since they are FAR more rested. However if Washington can play like these last two games they should be dominant.

I dont think we will get an ego now. I think beating Pens unlocked our ability to just relax. This series against tampa is some of the best hockey ive watched us play in the Ovi era.

Fluery has been amazing but hes also been a train wreck when against Ovi in his career. 

Either way certianly not a series i predicted i even had us going out second round again. But one ive been waiting 25 years for as a caps fan lol

This is awesome, I bought a Las Vegas hat at the beginning of the season and decided to be a Vegas fan from the start. So seeing a cup in a teams first year would be AWESOME.

On the other hand, I LOVE Alex Ovechkin.  He is the best goal scorer I may ever get to see in my life and I would be stoked to see him have his name on the cup.

Either way this series turns out I'm gonna be thrilled.

It's kind of complicated for me. On one hand, and this is the primary of course, Fleury was a Pen for so long and he's basically been plan B for most Pens fans ever since we've gone out. Obviously it would be a good story for him to win. That paired with the fact that I hate the Caps makes the actual preference rather obvious.

However, at the same time I kind of almost feel bad for Ovechkin. A player of that level who had the misfortune of being in the same division at the same time as a guy who will probably end up at or near top 10 all time (Crosby) deserves something to show for his efforts, and unlike the last time a player like that came along on a team I hate (Lindros as a contemporary of late Lemieux/early Jagr) Ovechkin hasn't been outwardly a dick so for the sake of his legacy I kind of want to separate the player from team interests.

I don't care who wins, I'm happy either way. Of course I'd be happy if Vegas won because of Fleury and Engelland.

Ovi deserves a cup and so does Backstrom. At the end of his career people will look at Backstrom and come to terms with the fact the guy is a HOF'er. Niklas is on pace for 1000 points and one of the best pure passers in the game

5 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

I don't care who wins, I'm happy either way. Of course I'd be happy if Vegas won because of Fleury and Engelland.

Ovi deserves a cup and so does Backstrom. At the end of his career people will look at Backstrom and come to terms with the fact the guy is a HOF'er. Niklas is on pace for 1000 points and one of the best pure passers in the game

Agreed re: Backstrom. He's the 90s Pens Ron Francis of the current Caps era. Reliable assists guy on a good team, but the attention goes to the scorer. Backstrom will get into the HOF

14 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

Agreed re: Backstrom. He's the 90s Pens Ron Francis of the current Caps era. Reliable assists guy on a good team, but the attention goes to the scorer. Backstrom will get into the HOF

Backstrom reminds me more of good old Adam Oates than Francis but still similar player. 

13 minutes ago, Gooningitup said:

Backstrom reminds me more of good old Adam Oates than Francis but still similar player. 

Primarily I was going for the fact that Francis, like Backstrom, played a good chunk of his career alongside a bigger star and so never got the accolades. Oates went from team to team more often (although had he stayed in St Louis with Hull for more than 5 minutes it would have worked). Similar player, but not really similar circumstance.

• 2 weeks later...

I can genuinely say i did not expect us to be just running this series after game 1. Whole teams bought in to the system, they want to win its been so much fun to watch.

Between this and having my player and my team in the VHLM both in the finals game 7 i think my hearts taking on too much pressure/excitement 

12 hours ago, Gooningitup said:

I can genuinely say i did not expect us to be just running this series after game 1. Whole teams bought in to the system, they want to win its been so much fun to watch.

Between this and having my player and my team in the VHLM both in the finals game 7 i think my hearts taking on too much pressure/excitement 

If I had the power to control these things, and I offered you Caps and Komarov both winning in exchange for Ottawa, would you take it?

• 4 months later...
  • Head Moderator
On 10/27/2017 at 12:57 AM, boubabi said:

No, that info just confirms (and destroy) your only valid argument at the time that had weight in an argument.

That said, even if drouin had lower production here as a center, its not fair to judge him after 6 games and also that you saw little to none from him in MTL. What you had to work with is, 5 points in 7 games. If you think that was meh, well drouin was Meh in TB as well

On 10/27/2017 at 12:52 AM, tfong said:

As pointed out above, I had specific points I was looking at because all other things were significantly different.

Context in this case is off sure. But because of your attitude is where the rest of the stuff happened. So if you're mad at that, its not on me for you to control your own anger.

I just want to point out that sans a year later. I'm on track to being the correct person in this arguement.

Drouin is better off as a winger for the Habs.

• 2 weeks later...