S56 VHL Awards

Devise

1 minute ago, jRuutu said:

Faceoffs play part in that, or has to play. More than likely ´easier´ to rack more hits than to win a lot of faceoffs.  Both are valuable to your team, but I´d say faceoff winner takes the win when comparing faceoffs and hits.

Thats never really been the nature of the award though.  Should be considered but it just isnt everything.  Hits..hits taken..faceoffs..offense..etc..

1 minute ago, ADV said:

Thats never really been the nature of the award though.  Should be considered but it just isnt everything.  Hits..hits taken..faceoffs..offense..etc..

I´d put faceoffs on at least same level as hits.

33 minutes ago, ADV said:

I wouldnt say it wasnt close.  I believe you were mentioned.  I think the majority of voters leaned the other way is all whether right or wrong.

Fair enough, cuz we only have a vote 1 and not a 1st 2nd and 3rd place vote i think?

• Commissioner
2 hours ago, tfong said:

Fair enough, cuz we only have a vote 1 and not a 1st 2nd and 3rd place vote i think?

Correct. Multiple people are suggested for discussion and about half of those go into the official ballot. Once there everyone is allowed 1 vote per category, no ranking. So it does happen that a player could be everyone's 2nd choice but get 0 votes.

4 hours ago, hedgehog337 said:

The most funny thing is @Frank doesn't gives a shit about the top GM award. He got his cup that is highest point for a GM and he's happy about that.

:th_kermitsip:

This it's also a crap shoot. I thought you deserved it for turning Riga around and still giving yourself a competitive window past Season 56. 

2 hours ago, Frank said:

This it's also a crap shoot. I thought you deserved it for turning Riga around and still giving yourself a competitive window past Season 56. 

See, that's a classy response from someone who was also worthy. Maybe Frank can have the Grimm Jonsson instead!

5 hours ago, boubabi said:

Ruined by only you, yes

2 hours ago, Kendrick said:

No one else ruined it though.

1 hour ago, Beketov said:

Having the little voting fiasco did not play any part in that?  Little bit like in Grammys or whatever, your rival in the category is called to the stage by accident even though you are the winner, but instead of getting the change to celebrate right away on the spot, some guy delivers the trophy to your house on the next day.  You still won, but someone else got the change to celebrate at the right/correct moment, which in VHLs case is: when Devise or whoever posts the awards thread.

Just now, jRuutu said:

Having the little voting fiasco did not play any part in that?  Little bit like in Grammys or whatever, your rival in the category is called to the stage by accident even though you are the winner, but instead of getting the change to celebrate right away on the spot, some guy delivers the trophy to your house on the next day.  You still won, but someone else got the change to celebrate at the right/correct moment, which in VHLs case is: when Devise or whoever posts the awards thread.

You call it fiasco, we call it whining.