New Vasteras Logo

boubabi

• Commissioner

Where I take issue with it isn't the specific city or the logo or the amount of cups. It's that the team has already been there and moved out twice. If any other team was trying to do that I would say the same thing. The city and logo could be perfect and I would still say that it makes no sense to move a team back to somewhere it has already been twice. Moving back the first time was one thing but giving Vasteras a third chance? Really?

I have good memories with Vasteras, I'm not saying this out of spite. My first personal success with Beketov came on Vasteras, but when you look at it from the leagu's perspective it just seems silly.

Take for example Winnipeg in the NHL. They moved the team out to Arizona and then back to Winnipeg from Atlanta. Already this is better because it isn't the same team moving. Now imagine they sent them somewhere else again and then ONCE AGAIN came back as the Jets. How ridiculous does that sound because it's exactly what's being proposed here.

I'm not saying no move should ever be considered. I'm saying I do t see a reason to keep moving a team back and forth from the same city. It's a tedious (and at this point ridiculous) process just so the league can have a universal punching bag which is all Vasteras has ever been.

1 hour ago, Beketov said:

Where I take issue with it isn't the specific city or the logo or the amount of cups. It's that the team has already been there and moved out twice. If any other team was trying to do that I would say the same thing. The city and logo could be perfect and I would still say that it makes no sense to move a team back to somewhere it has already been twice. Moving back the first time was one thing but giving Vasteras a third chance? Really?

I have good memories with Vasteras, I'm not saying this out of spite. My first personal success with Beketov came on Vasteras, but when you look at it from the leagu's perspective it just seems silly.

Take for example Winnipeg in the NHL. They moved the team out to Arizona and then back to Winnipeg from Atlanta. Already this is better because it isn't the same team moving. Now imagine they sent them somewhere else again and then ONCE AGAIN came back as the Jets. How ridiculous does that sound because it's exactly what's being proposed here.

I'm not saying no move should ever be considered. I'm saying I do t see a reason to keep moving a team back and forth from the same city. It's a tedious (and at this point ridiculous) process just so the league can have a universal punching bag which is all Vasteras has ever been.

Some people see this as a sim league, for others it's real life.

12 hours ago, BOOM said:

We are ready to host down here.

eea6d9ab666ace912880352d24027ee1--kangar

If Australia can join the Eurovision song contest, I think we should move Stockholm to some Australian franchise. This would definitely win the vote

#GoMelbourneIce

• Commissioner
40 minutes ago, Bushito said:

Some people see this as a sim league, for others it's real life.

I'm not saying it's real; I'm simply pointing out an example of how ridiculous this can sound. Regardless of if the league takes place on the internet or not there are reasons that the team was moved not once but twice.

You want to move it back now and then whomever takes over after you will want to move the team away and it will just go on and on and on. It's a running joke and makes no sense. The team has been moved twice, let it die. If you want to move or rebrand or what-have you then I'll consider it but as it stands I will be hard pressed to find an argument for moving back to Vasteras that makes sense. The team was there for 35 seasons and while I agreed with moving it back after the short tenure in Madrid (because it was dumb to have a team in Spain) I see no reason to move the team from Stockholm back to Vasteras again. The argument for it simply isn't as strong as it was last time and "because I want to" isn't a valid reason.

2 hours ago, Beketov said:

Where I take issue with it isn't the specific city or the logo or the amount of cups. It's that the team has already been there and moved out twice.

That's why I would be opposed to the move as well even though I didn't support the move to Stockholm.

• Commissioner
6 minutes ago, Strtlght said:

That's why I would be opposed to the move as well even though I didn't support the move to Stockholm.

Thank You.

This thread seemed to become a giant shit storm of people arguing for or against the actual city / logo when really my personal vote on the matter has nothing to do with either. If any team in the league had moved away and then back and then away again I would be just as opposed to them returning. Vasteras had their chance and then they had their second chance. In both cases they were moved.

If people don't like Stockholm and want to move the team somewhere I see more merit behind that choice. Not necessarily saying I would vote in favour of it but I see more merit to it. Moving backwards to Vasteras yet again doesn't make any sense though. They had 35 seasons in the league and proved to be nothing but a meme. I'm not interested in creating teams just for the sake of memes. This is coming from someone who has been in the league through both iterations of the team and has good memories on the team. It's time to let Vasteras die.

I do have a proposition I brought up in the BOG this morning that could be fun involving the team but it doesn't involve bringing them back, that's for sure.

3 hours ago, Beketov said:

I'm not saying it's real; I'm simply pointing out an example of how ridiculous this can sound. Regardless of if the league takes place on the internet or not there are reasons that the team was moved not once but twice.

You want to move it back now and then whomever takes over after you will want to move the team away and it will just go on and on and on. It's a running joke and makes no sense. The team has been moved twice, let it die. If you want to move or rebrand or what-have you then I'll consider it but as it stands I will be hard pressed to find an argument for moving back to Vasteras that makes sense. The team was there for 35 seasons and while I agreed with moving it back after the short tenure in Madrid (because it was dumb to have a team in Spain) I see no reason to move the team from Stockholm back to Vasteras again. The argument for it simply isn't as strong as it was last time and "because I want to" isn't a valid reason.

I think my proposal had way more merit than because I want to but I fear it was a waste of my time writing it when I could have done something more productive like bang my head against a brick wall.  It's obvious that the blue team is so against it that anything I say won't be heard. Bring back a storied franchise tons of people would love to play for and the GM would take pride in or keep a franchise that very few people care about. Stockholm right now is further behind than the expansion teams when they started from the talks I've had.

12 hours ago, Jonessee27 said:

I remember the first time I watched that and I was like "holy shit is that Matt Damon?!" 

such a great movie lol

you made out with your sister man

Miami vice number one new show

• Commissioner
36 minutes ago, Bushito said:

I think my proposal had way more merit than because I want to but I fear it was a waste of my time writing it when I could have done something more productive like bang my head against a brick wall.  It's obvious that the blue team is so against it that anything I say won't be heard. Bring back a storied franchise tons of people would love to play for and the GM would take pride in or keep a franchise that very few people care about. Stockholm right now is further behind than the expansion teams when they started from the talks I've had.

I brought your proposal to the BOG. If there is enough support for it in there the blue team will decide. Whether or not we like the idea isn't the final nail. If enough of the BOG supports the move the we can put our opinions aside.

You were never just going to be allowed to do it all yourself, that wasn't going to fly and you should have known it. You can't just change the team without approval because you want to.

As I said in the BOG earlier I think if we do allow the team to move we should do it with a few restrictions. First, this is THE LAST time Vasteras will ever have a team. If they move again they do so knowing the team doesn't come back. Second, a full rebrand (logo at least, potentially team name as well) is required.

I don't know if that will be the case or if it will even go anywhere but that's my opinion on the matter. I feel like Vasteras has had plenty of chances and as a GM you should take pride in a team without feeling the need to change it. Team pride starts at the top. If you believe in your team others will as well. I don't believe you have ever tried to do that with Stockholm though and moving the team won't change its roster any. If you truly believe the team has a problem now that problem will persist in Vasteras as well. It won't simply disappear because you move.

1 hour ago, Bushito said:

Storied franchise? It was the running laughing stock of the league.

9 minutes ago, ADV said:

Storied franchise? It was the running laughing stock of the league.

Vasteras remains the VHL team with the most personality and people don't want it back because of dumb internet memes lol

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, Tyler said:

Vasteras remains the VHL team with the most personality and people don't want it back because of dumb internet memes lol

Or we don't want it back because it's already been removed from the league twice. What's the old adage? Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. Vasteras had its chances. I fail to see how giving it a third chance is going to do anything.

4 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Or we don't want it back because it's already been removed from the league twice. What's the old adage? Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. Vasteras had its chances. I fail to see how giving it a third chance is going to do anything.

but this fundamentally misunderstands why the team was moved. It was moved because a small cabal of people never liked it in the first place. It's not like it was removed due to lack of funding or lack of fan support like a real team.

• Commissioner
Just now, Tyler said:

but this fundamentally misunderstands why the team was moved. It was moved because a small cabal of people never liked it in the first place. It's not like it was removed due to lack of funding or lack of fan support like a real team.

I wouldn't call it a small cabal of people. I would call it the majority of the league.

Go back and look at the announcement for Stockholm. I looked this morning. The vast majority of people favoured the move because Vasteras had become a joke.

Its great to say Bushito would have such enthusiasm and support for Vasteras but so did all their other GM's. If / when he leaves the team would just be left in a lurch as they always have been which will result in a new GM coming in and thinking that relocation will revitalize things and we'll just have to move them all over again. The precedent for this action is definitely there because it's what always happens with this franchise.

If people want to prove how great a franchise Vasteras is why not go help Bushito in Stockholm? It's just a team name. The franchise is still the same, just as NY is ultimately still Hamilton and Davis is still Amstel. The team simply relocated. If you loved Vasteras there's no reason not to try and win with Stockholm. It will still be deemed the Franchise's third cup, not their first. IMO it's petty to think that Stockholm doesn't deserve support but Vasteras does.