New Vasteras Logo

boubabi

12 minutes ago, Beketov said:

I wouldn't call it a small cabal of people. I would call it the majority of the league.

Go back and look at the announcement for Stockholm. I looked this morning. The vast majority of people favoured the move because Vasteras had become a joke.

Its great to say Bushito would have such enthusiasm and support for Vasteras but so did all their other GM's. If / when he leaves the team would just be left in a lurch as they always have been which will result in a new GM coming in and thinking that relocation will revitalize things and we'll just have to move them all over again. The precedent for this action is definitely there because it's what always happens with this franchise.

If people want to prove how great a franchise Vasteras is why not go help Bushito in Stockholm? It's just a team name. The franchise is still the same, just as NY is ultimately still Hamilton and Davis is still Amstel. The team simply relocated. If you loved Vasteras there's no reason not to try and win with Stockholm. It will still be deemed the Franchise's third cup, not their first. IMO it's petty to think that Stockholm doesn't deserve support but Vasteras does.

maybe analyze why Vasteras had become "such a joke". Bad management? Bad luck? The membership being immature? Having prominent users bashing the team 24/7? A combo of all four? It wasn't a joke when I was GMing it which proves that it isn't inherent in Vasteras it's the people surrounding it. I trust Bushito could easily make Vasteras in to a prominent team and not a joke.

lol so if it's "just a team name" than Stockholm, should, by your own logic, have the exact same stigma Vasteras had.... but it doesn't. Why is that?

Either way it's apparent regardless of what people think when the blu team is so rabidly against this it will never happen so there's really no point in a "formal" ask from Bushito. The best course of action is for people to just constantly refer to Stockholm as Vasteras lol.

• Commissioner
3 minutes ago, Tyler said:

maybe analyze why Vasteras had become "such a joke". Bad management? Bad luck? The membership being immature? Having prominent users bashing the team 24/7? A combo of all four? It wasn't a joke when I was GMing it which proves that it isn't inherent in Vasteras it's the people surrounding it. I trust Bushito could easily make Vasteras in to a prominent team and not a joke.

lol so if it's "just a team name" than Stockholm, should, by your own logic, have the exact same stigma Vasteras had.... but it doesn't. Why is that?

Either way it's apparent regardless of what people think when the blu team is so rabidly against this it will never happen so there's really no point in a "formal" ask from Bushito. The best course of action is for people to just constantly refer to Stockholm as Vasteras lol.

The blue team doesn't fully make this decision, that's why I brought it up in the BOG as I said I would do. @Kendrick, @Phil, @ADV, or anyone else can confirm that. Discussion is happening regardless of my opinion on the matter.

As for your comments, personally I don't think there is any stigma with Stockholm. They were one of my two top destinations with Holik in FA actually. It's why I'm so confused that people feel the team needs to move. I think they have a good name and a good logo in a good city so why change it?

3 minutes ago, Beketov said:

The blue team doesn't fully make this decision, that's why I brought it up in the BOG as I said I would do. @Kendrick, @Phil, @ADV, or anyone else can confirm that. Discussion is happening regardless of my opinion on the matter.

As for your comments, personally I don't think there is any stigma with Stockholm. They were one of my two two destinations with Holik in FA actually. It's why I'm so confused that people feel the team needs to move. I think they have a good name and a good logo in a good city so why change it?

But the blue team speaking so strongly against it is always going to influence people if only sub consciously.

Again you're just proving my point. If the team name doesn't matter then the stigma around Vasteras should still be there with the new team too. But it isn't. Which tells us there's an issue somewhere with your reasoning. Either the issue with Vasteras was the people running the team or it was the way prominent members spoke about the team. I'm inclined to think it was a bit of both but mostly the second one since the issue seems to have stopped once the team moved.

• Commissioner
3 minutes ago, Tyler said:

But the blue team speaking so strongly against it is always going to influence people if only sub consciously.

Again you're just proving my point. If the team name doesn't matter then the stigma around Vasteras should still be there with the new team too. But it isn't. Which tells us there's an issue somewhere with your reasoning. Either the issue with Vasteras was the people running the team or it was the way prominent members spoke about the team. I'm inclined to think it was a bit of both but mostly the second one since the issue seems to have stopped once the team moved.

Alternatively the stigma did in fact die with Vasteras because people thought the location and team was dumb? You're admitting the stigma surrounding Vasteras is gone so why should we move the team back there? To create it again? I'm not necessarily saying I understand why it disappeared but I'm saying it did, that's what matters. Tons of people have gone to stockholm in free agency and such that wouldn't have gone to Vasteras. Ultimately that's what matters isn't it?

Personally I would rather not move a team back just to get everyone shitting on them again and then go through through the whole relocation process for a 4th time. Some people even within the BOG heavily disagree with me. Trust me, the colour of my name isn't swaying anyone's opinion in there.

1 hour ago, Kendrick said:

I only signed in Stockholm because it was Stockholm. I wouldn't have signed there if it was Vasteras because a bunch of reasons really. Wasn't appealing to me. The current logo is miles ahead as well

And with your newest player you refused to sign with Stockholm and would never play under me regardless. You don't get drafted you pick your team. 

1 hour ago, STZ said:

Am I the only one who doesn't want Stockholm to move because it legit has the best logo (by far)?

Yeah not at all. I really like the colors, the logo, and the name tbh. I've made it clear in this thread that my issue with Vasteras more has to do with my own silly fantasy rules as it relates to good hockey cities/teams. That is just something I stand behind. I think @Tyler regardless of you thinking it has something to do with legit hate, that more of us on this site favor the idea that the teams we have should be more meaningful than cities like Vasteras. Yes, it is just a fantasy league, and yes if the support is there obviously something will be taken more seriously. But that doesn't mean that there aren't people who have opinions similar to ours. That is to say, either enjoy seeing the logo's we currently have, or prefer to see our team names be represented by cities that are the more logical decisions in terms of both market, but also to be a good representative of the game. 

Think of it like this, just to use an analogy. Have you ever played DnD or any other form of shared group RP experience? If someone wants to come into one of those games with a group, and create "Ric Flair" and have him do figure four leglocks and a bunch of other stupid wrestling shit. There  is nothing wrong with it. There is no rules against it. But that doesn't mean that if the rest of the group was trying to RP seriously that they have to like it. That is Vasteras to me. Is it silly and stupid that I think that much into the cities and destinations on a sim league? Absolutely, but so is trying to advocate and throw a fit because the team isn't in the location you want it to be as well. It plays both ways. Mine also doesn't come from any real personal biases, if it moved from Stockholm to Malmo or Gothenburg or Moscow, I wouldn't care. If it moved to Vasteras, or Red Deer or Bum Fuck Middle of Nowhere Georgia, or Dry Bones Saskatecwhan, I'd care. It's not just about Vasteras. It's that those cities suck, and I don't want to see them on our site. You do. *claps* But you need the numbers to move them, they don't just move because a few members want them to. 

7 minutes ago, Devise said:

Yeah not at all. I really like the colors, the logo, and the name tbh. I've made it clear in this thread that my issue with Vasteras more has to do with my own silly fantasy rules as it relates to good hockey cities/teams. That is just something I stand behind. I think @Tyler regardless of you thinking it has something to do with legit hate, that more of us on this site favor the idea that the teams we have should be more meaningful than cities like Vasteras. Yes, it is just a fantasy league, and yes if the support is there obviously something will be taken more seriously. But that doesn't mean that there aren't people who have opinions similar to ours. That is to say, either enjoy seeing the logo's we currently have, or prefer to see our team names be represented by cities that are the more logical decisions in terms of both market, but also to be a good representative of the game. 

Think of it like this, just to use an analogy. Have you ever played DnD or any other form of shared group RP experience? If someone wants to come into one of those games with a group, and create "Ric Flair" and have him do figure four leglocks and a bunch of other stupid wrestling shit. There  is nothing wrong with it. There is no rules against it. But that doesn't mean that if the rest of the group was trying to RP seriously that they have to like it. That is Vasteras to me. Is it silly and stupid that I think that much into the cities and destinations on a sim league? Absolutely, but so is trying to advocate and throw a fit because the team isn't in the location you want it to be as well. It plays both ways. Mine also doesn't come from any real personal biases, if it moved from Stockholm to Malmo or Gothenburg or Moscow, I wouldn't care. If it moved to Vasteras, or Red Deer or Bum Fuck Middle of Nowhere Georgia, or Dry Bones Saskatecwhan, I'd care. It's not just about Vasteras. It's that those cities suck, and I don't want to see them on our site. You do. *claps* But you need the numbers to move them, they don't just move because a few members want them to. 

Meh I've been around the league long enough to believe the reason Vasteras is not around is an irrational hatred of it. You can try and pretty it up however you want but in the end it's just pettiness.

Just now, Tyler said:

Meh I've been around the league long enough to believe the reason Vasteras is not around is an irrational hatred of it. You can try and pretty it up however you want but in the end it's just pettiness.

I'm not prettying anything up, I'm speaking my opinions for myself. You can take that however you want, and see the Blue in my name that is only recent and somehow assume that has something to do with a situation that it doesn't. Vasteras got it's opportunities, it was voted on when it was moved and agreed upon by a large enough community that wasn't just Blue at the time, or just BoG. A lot of people like Stockholm too. 

3 minutes ago, Devise said:

I'm not prettying anything up, I'm speaking my opinions for myself. You can take that however you want, and see the Blue in my name that is only recent and somehow assume that has something to do with a situation that it doesn't. Vasteras got it's opportunities, it was voted on when it was moved and agreed upon by a large enough community that wasn't just Blue at the time, or just BoG. A lot of people like Stockholm too. 

Fine. It's clear I won't convince you and you won't convince me but I better not see any complaining about teams lacking personality lol.

17 minutes ago, Bushito said:

And with your newest player you refused to sign with Stockholm and would never play under me regardless. You don't get drafted you pick your team. 

That's 100% false. I said it (and you even noted) that I would play in Stockholm. I think you just made that up to try and enforce your point. But it's 100% false.

Just now, Kendrick said:

That's 100% false. I said it (and you even noted) that I would play in Stockholm. I think you just made that up to try and enforce your point. But it's 100% false.

Kinda like that falsehood that goes around stating @ADV and I always play together and that due to that also "choose" our teams. :lol: 

Just now, Devise said:

Kinda like that falsehood that goes around stating @ADV and I always play together and that due to that also "choose" our teams. :lol: 

Yeah. I mean @Frank and @Kesler have played together more and that whole argument hasn't been thrown at them.

I think when someone dislikes something they just seem to attack to enforce their point, not actually debate the topic. Its a backwards way of making a point

Just now, TheLastOlympian07 said:

i believe it is you @ADV and @Jericho (RIP) that will only play together :P 

Nah I've played on and off with both. But since Project Two all bets of who plays with who are off. ADV and I normally never played together for a long while though due to the fact that we were two of the better competing GM's in the league off and on for many seasons. We first played together all three of us recently in the VHLM, and that carried with these players into the VHL and Toronto. But that wasn't even planned from the get go, we happened to wind up on the same team in the VHLM when Verner broke into his career, and I was in Toronto first before Lane and Finn were added. 

Otherwise both Chris and I have traded for Jericho's players in a couple of occasions, and I also played with Kyle in my early days after joining Strt and New York. But with Kyle lately, going semi inactive with most of his players, it's a lot easier to play with him or get him on a team and just keep him there as pseudo inactive depth since nobody actually cares about his player. 

41 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

You said and I quote "I will play my rookie contract and then leave."

• Commissioner
5 minutes ago, Bushito said:

You said and I quote "I will play my rookie contract and then leave."

To be fair isn't that what @Kendrick has done with his last few players regardless of team? Wanting to move around doesn't prove he hates the team. Just proves he was being honest.

1 hour ago, Devise said:

I don't remember this public vote?  Unless I'm misinterpreting what you said.

All I remember is a vote asking members if they would play in Vasteras (before the team was moved), and the majority said they would.

Edited by solas

1 hour ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

i believe it is you @ADV and @Jericho (RIP) that will only play together :P 

Fun fact the three of us have never played together while we are all active.  We are now but Jericho was gone before Bash traded him there.

I know you were kidding tho :P

Edited by ADV

TL;DR but I'd rather play for :sto: due to the re-brand. I mean @boubabi took a lot of time out of his life to remodel that team to something the league and people would ACTUALLY like. We don't have meme's or anything saying Fuck :sto: but we have :fuckvas: along with so many other things. I know that's not the deciding factor but as stated, why are you trying to poke a dead animal here? Hell just change the team name from the "Iron Eagles" or whatever to Vasteras "Insert Name Here" and maybe run with that. You still get the Vasteras feel all while keeping away the hard on pensfan had with that team name and location.

12 minutes ago, KGR said:

TL;DR but I'd rather play for :sto: due to the re-brand. I mean @boubabi took a lot of time out of his life to remodel that team to something the league and people would ACTUALLY like. We don't have meme's or anything saying Fuck :sto: but we have :fuckvas: along with so many other things. I know that's not the deciding factor but as stated, why are you trying to poke a dead animal here? Hell just change the team name from the "Iron Eagles" or whatever to Vasteras "Insert Name Here" and maybe run with that. You still get the Vasteras feel all while keeping away the hard on pensfan had with that team name and location.

I mean even with the logo he obviously was inspired by a real life team

wguuj4.jpg