S59 Brett Slobodzian Trophy Voting

Beketov

S59 Most Outstanding Player  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for 1

• F - Franchise Cornerstone (HSK) - 67G, 66A, 133P, +65, 202PIM, 341HIT, 25SB, 14GWG
    • F - Bo Boeser (TOR) - 57G, 71A, 128P, +55, 39PIM, 121HIT, 49SB, 11GWG
    • F - Rudolph Schmeckeldorf (HSK) - 36G, 73A, 109P, +65, 26PIM, 3HIT, 29SB, 4GWG
    • F - Fredinamijs Krigars (RIG) - 43G, 57A, 100P, +38, 35PIM, 74HIT, 49SB, 9GWG
    • D - Ay Ay Ron (HSK) - 19G, 81A, 100P, +53, 145PIM, 255HIT, 114SB, 3GWG
    • D - Fabio Jokinen (TOR) - 18G, 72A, 90P, +53, 122PIM, 217HIT, 156SB, 5GWG
    • D - Keaton Louth (QUE) - 19G, 35A, 54P, -74, 154PIM, 223HIT, 177SB, 1GWG
    • G - Rhett DeGrath (NYA) - 63GP, 45-15-3, 0.930SV%, 1.89GAA, 12SO, 1670SA
    • G - Torstein Ironside (TOR) - 64GP, 46-14-4, 0.927SV%, 2.04GAA, 9SO, 1787SA

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

You just described the MVP award, not outstading.

Leading the goalie catergory in every major category is outstanding, carrying a team on his back is outstanding lol. MVP litterly means outstanding you cant be the most valueable player to a team if you arent outstanding lol

Edited by Gooningitup

oh, and no goaltender in the .930 save pct area won in the last 10 seasons I think

Wingate won with a .935 in S50, but the best forward was ·         UNASSISTED (QUE) - 72GP, 54G, 55A, 109P, +70, 14PIM, 40HIT, 32SB, 15GWG, who had wayyy weaker stats than cornerstone 

The only goaltender who won it had .941, which is understandable 

2 minutes ago, boubabi said:

see, those are the voters I need to deal with. Its pathetic. Hey ,the guy is also from ny, what a coincidence  

You don't have to "deal with" any voters, you need to deal with your own need to fit everyone into a box. Different people vote differently, just as different people do a lot of things differently. That's how society works. If you want an army of clones of yourself, that's your problem, not everyone else's.

7 minutes ago, boubabi said:

Anyway fucking way, when I'll lose the award, you'll have that on your shoulder, which is even better, because nothing can erase my numbers that I had this season. So @Beketov, you'll have to live with the fact that a 67 goals, 341 hits and 133 pts player lost the award to a .930 goaltender (when 6 of 8 goaltenders played above .921) and you couldn't see the immense flaws in the public voting system.

I'm also fine with that 

Clearly you're not fine with that, or this wouldn't be an issue.

• Commissioner

For the sake of being transparent to both sides of the argument as well, this is most outstanding, not most valuable. I'm not telling anyone how to vote but I will say that this award is based on stats, not team. So saying that DeGrath got NY into the playoffs, for example, isn't entirely relevant based on the stats.

With that said, more than just stats can be considered if you think that's what makes a player the best but this award, strictly speaking, is for the best player.

5 minutes ago, Gooningitup said:

Leading the goalie catergory in every major category is outstanding, carrying a team on his back is outstanding lol. MVP litterly means outstanding you cant be the most valueable player to a team if you arent outstanding lol

Are you comparing someone wh ohas 8 goaltenders to compare with with a forward who has the rest of the league ? I led in goals, points, shots, centermen, points per 20 minutes, penalty minutes, hits, powerplay goals, game winning goals, 2nd i ngame tying goals, in hat tricks. Degrath lead the league in save pct by a small margin and shutouts and GAA (that is a team stats)

do I need more to showoff your incompetence or your NY bias ? Choose one  

Edited by boubabi

1 minute ago, Beketov said:

For the sake of being transparent to both sides of the argument as well, this is most outstanding, not most valuable. I'm not telling anyone how to vote but I will say that this award is based on stats, not team. So saying that DeGrath got NY into the playoffs, for example, isn't entirely relevant based on the stats.

With that said, more than just stats can be considered if you think that's what makes a player the best but this award, strictly speaking, is for the best player.

too late to tell that, fucking christ

welcome to public voting 

• Commissioner
5 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

The real question here is why am I in this vote...

Honest answer? Wanted someone that wasn't Toronto or Helsinki haha

3 minutes ago, Gooningitup said:

Leading the goalie catergory in every major category is outstanding

That's good, yes.

3 minutes ago, Gooningitup said:

carrying a team on his back is outstanding lol.

Carrying a team means a player was very valuable to his team. So that's the most valuable player award. Most outstanding player is a player who stands out of other players even if he wasn't more valuable to his team than MVP to other team. (because he had a better teammate(s) than MVP.)

also, can we get the dude who voted krigars or boeser ? Can they really defend their vote or every opinion is valuable ? I mean, cornerstone had better stats in EVERY category for those players

can yo udefend that diamond_ace ? 

1 minute ago, Beketov said:

Except thats not true lol for example Carey Price is the most outstanding goalie in the NHL(or was hes fallen off abit). He was widely regarded as the best goalie in the world and at one could have argued that he was the best player in the world because he took one of the worst rosters on paper to mulitple playoff runs, and even divison titles. MVP and best player generally run hand in hand. Degrath is the best player because he took on paper a team tjat struggled and made them great, Cornerstone has himself, and Ay Ay Ron who likely runs away with defender of the year.

Degrath is outstanding by not only leading the league in alot of catergories, but doing so with little support

• Commissioner
2 minutes ago, boubabi said:

too late to tell that, fucking christ

welcome to public voting 

This is your response to me being transparent and on your side? You wonder why most posts seem to be against you. Maybe it's because you come back at people agreeing with you like this.

It's generally common knowledge of the difference between the awards so we haven't posted the difference in ages, if ever. Given the argument I figured it was worth posting it now. Sorry if it being "late" offends you.

Just now, Beketov said:

This is your response to me being transparent and on your side? You wonder why most posts seem to be against you. Maybe it's because you come back at people agreeing with you like this.

It's generally common knowledge of the difference between the awards so we haven't posted the difference in ages, if ever. Given the argument I figured it was worth posting it now. Sorry if it being "late" offends you.

transparent on your side ? The problem is, your always too late on every thing. You can' t see past your nose. People are incompetent, and you need someone to explain their incompetency for you to understand ? Jesus christ. People doesn't know how to vote properly, that's nothing new 

• Commissioner
Just now, Gooningitup said:

Except thats not true lol for example Carey Price is the most outstanding goalie in the NHL(or was hes fallen off abit). He was widely regarded as the best goalie in the world and at one could have argued that he was the best player in the world because he took one of the worst rosters on paper to mulitple playoff runs, and even divison titles. MVP and best player generally run hand in hand. Degrath is the best player because he took on paper a team tjat struggled and made them great, Cornerstone has himself, and Ay Ay Ron who likely runs away with defender of the year.

Degrath is outstanding by not only leading the league in alot of catergories, but doing so with little support

Which is why I said you can bring other criteria into it if you so choose; it's a public vote, we don't expect it to be ridiculously strict or else the top scorer would likely just win every year that a goalie doesn't have record setting numbers.

All I was saying was that by definition of the award most outstanding means compared to everyone, not most valuable to their team. They can be one in the same, obviously DeGrath and Cornerstone both had MVP worthy numbers as well, but they aren't necessarily. Louth was valuable to Quebec but not necessarily Most Outstanding (despite being in the vote here).

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, boubabi said:

transparent on your side ? The problem is, your always too late on every thing. You can' t see past your nose. People are incompetent, and you need someone to explain their incompetency for you to understand ? Jesus christ. People doesn't know how to vote properly, that's nothing new 

Perhaps telling everyone they are incompetent for not agreeing with you isn' exactly getting anyone on your side.

For someone who complains so much that everyone is against them, you aren't exactly acting in a way that would change the situation. Back in S1 I did literally have everyone on the board against me, no one wanted me to be around anymore. I changed their minds not by fighting with them but by proving I could be a valuable member. Perhaps you should take a lesson from that. If you don't want everyone against you (not that I agree they are) don't treat them like they are all beneath you.

DeGrath Rhett (STO) - 64GP, 52-11-1, 0.941SV%, 1.25GAA, 17SO, 1358SA

WINGATE, Hans (TOR) - 64GP, 49-10-4, .935SV%, 1.52GAA, 13SO, 1499SA (runner up offensively : UNASSISTED (QUE) - 72GP, 54G, 55A, 109P, +70, 14PIM, 40HIT, 32SB, 15GWG)

CLEGANE, Greg (QUE) - 64GP, 52-8-4, 0.935SV%, 1.57GAA, 1556SA, 16SO

TUKIO, Tuomas (NYA) - 50-10-4, 0.937SV%, 1.63GAA, 13SO, 1674SA

TUKIO, Tuomas (QUE) - 43-19-1, .930SV%, 1.82GAA, 13SO, 1681SA ( runner up offensively : TORDAHL, Odin (NYA) - 72GP, 51G, 64A, 115P, +40, 148PIM, 221HIT, 11GWG)

Since s23, those are the only goaltenders who won the slobo

All superior stats than degrath. The only comparable would be tukio in s37 who won, but tordahl wasn't close to my stats)

PIN THAT FUCKING POST 

Edited by boubabi

4 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Perhaps telling everyone they are incompetent for not agreeing with you isn' exactly getting anyone on your side.

For someone who complains so much that everyone is against them, you aren't exactly acting in a way that would change the situation. Back in S1 I did literally have everyone on the board against me, no one wanted me to be around anymore. I changed their minds not by fighting with them but by proving I could be a valuable member. Perhaps you should take a lesson from that. If you don't want everyone against you (not that I agree they are) don't treat them like they are all beneath you.

thats the point of being not bias. No matter how rattled, or emotionally unstable you are, it shouldn't affect your critic analysis. You are just defending bias people now, and its fucking sad 

3 minutes ago, boubabi said:

DeGrath Rhett (STO) - 64GP, 52-11-1, 0.941SV%, 1.25GAA, 17SO, 1358SA

WINGATE, Hans (TOR) - 64GP, 49-10-4, .935SV%, 1.52GAA, 13SO, 1499SA (runner up offensively : UNASSISTED (QUE) - 72GP, 54G, 55A, 109P, +70, 14PIM, 40HIT, 32SB, 15GWG)

CLEGANE, Greg (QUE) - 64GP, 52-8-4, 0.935SV%, 1.57GAA, 1556SA, 16SO

TUKIO, Tuomas (NYA) - 50-10-4, 0.937SV%, 1.63GAA, 13SO, 1674SA

TUKIO, Tuomas (QUE) - 43-19-1, .930SV%, 1.82GAA, 13SO, 1681SA ( runner up offensively : TORDAHL, Odin (NYA) - 72GP, 51G, 64A, 115P, +40, 148PIM, 221HIT, 11GWG)

Since s23, those are the only goaltenders who won the slobo

All superior stats than degrath. The only comparable would be tukio in s37 who won, but tordahl wasn't close to my stats)

PIN THAT FUCKING POST 

I repeat, pin that fucking post. Can NY argue with that ? Or inconsistency is just part of the "everyone have their opinion" bullshit argument