LW - William Karlsson (YUK)

McWolf

@wiggothis is where VHLM GM's will offer you a contract and you'll be allowed to choose which team you want to play for. The contract amount is set league wide at $1,500,000 and you'll accept the contract by stating which teams offer you accept in this thread. There is no rush and you will be given time to look around and speak to the GM's and such if you wish! Good luck in the decision making and your career !

Halifax 21st @ShawnGlade
Las Vegas Aces @jacobaa19 @Jubo07
Oslo Storm @Laflamme
Ottawa Lynx @diamond_ace @McWolf

Saskatoon Wild @Dtayl @Gooningitup

Yukon Rush @BarzalGoat @Reives

Edited by Banackock

23 minutes ago, Enorama said:

You'd be playing out the rest of the season with Jagger, Nathan, and Zabby if you take this one.

Collusion @Beketov @Victor

I thougt all newcomers filed into teams according to reverse standing. Quite a few teams already have “all their buddies” stacking it up. A few is Iight but, just sayin.

that said, come on down to value town if you wanna win a cup, or at least have fun.

• Commissioner
21 minutes ago, Cornflakers said:

I thougt all newcomers filed into teams according to reverse standing. Quite a few teams already have “all their buddies” stacking it up. A few is Iight but, just sayin.

that said, come on down to value town if you wanna win a cup, or at least have fun.

Newcomers can sign with whatever team they’d like pre-draft. For example I signed with the team most likely to win the cup with both of my last 2 players. It’s entirely up to the user where they’d like to sign.

37 minutes ago, Cornflakers said:

It's not like having friends on one team or another never influence signings in real life too..

• Admin
3 hours ago, Cornflakers said:

I'm just a lowly member y u tag.

2 hours ago, McWolf said:

It's not like having friends on one team or another never influence signings in real life too..

yeah but its actually against VHL rules to 'stack a team with your friends, and, likely, boost tpe, making it an unfair advantage' but w/e who am i but a random person on the internet, do what you wanna do, have fun

9 minutes ago, Cornflakers said:

yeah but its actually against VHL rules to 'stack a team with your friends, and, likely, boost tpe, making it an unfair advantage' but w/e who am i but a random person on the internet, do what you wanna do, have fun

How would they use it to boost TPE? It's a free agent signing for the last quarter of the season, they'll get drafted to whatever teams next season.

4 minutes ago, Enorama said:

How would they use it to boost TPE? It's a free agent signing for the last quarter of the season, they'll get drafted to whatever teams next season.

Doesn't matter,  they can get close to 200 cap pretty easy, lot of us already are very close, and come playoffs, then boom, stack team, wins cup, makes entire year we've put effort into almost useless..

Shouldn't be aloud pickups after trade deadline just my opinion.

Also, thought there was something posted recently about signing new players, that one team can't monopolize it all, that it had to go round robin or whatnot ...

Honestly it comes down to what the expanation is for the following rule in the recruitment thread.

Account creation spamming (aka creating multiple accounts or getting your co-workers to do so will result in recruiting bans)”

The VHLM isn’t perfect of course and new recriuits should have an instant taste of league play so they have a greater likelyhood of staying active and i terested. That being said, recruiting a bunch of buddies all at once causes a problem and creates scenarios of persuasion for players to sign all with the same club. Last place or not it’s not ideal even if its just for part of a season.

4 minutes ago, Jubo07 said:

Honestly it comes down to what the expanation is for the following rule in the recruitment thread.

Account creation spamming (aka creating multiple accounts or getting your co-workers to do so will result in recruiting bans)”

The VHLM isn’t perfect of course and new recriuits should have an instant taste of league play so they have a greater likelyhood of staying active and i terested. That being said, recruiting a bunch of buddies all at once causes a problem and creates scenarios of persuasion for players to sign all with the same club. Last place or not it’s not ideal even if its just for part of a season.

It isn't spamming if they actually just wanted to make the accounts. How is me posting it in an EHM league any different from posting it on any other community, what's to stop a bunch of guys from hfboards, say, to want to join up all on the same team. 

It would be a different case entirely if we went around and said "here, everyone make an account even if you don't want to so you can help me out", but instead I just said "hey I know you like hockey and staring at numbers, so you might like this, come check it out if you want".

And besides, the team that they're signing with would have extreme difficulties competing this year, so who really benefits?

19 minutes ago, Jubo07 said:

That's basically a rule put in to prevent people claiming recruitment TPE for bringing in tons of people who only make one post and then never visit the site again. There was an instance where, for a recruitment drive, we upped the amount of TPE earned for simply recruiting a player to 5 TPE, so a member on the site got a ton of his work colleagues to make players knowing full well they'd never visit the site again, which is pretty much pointless for the league. 

It definitely doesn't have anything to do with this situation, all of these guys have an interest in being here and participating in earning TPE for their player.

4 hours ago, Cornflakers said:

Doesn't matter,  they can get close to 200 cap pretty easy, lot of us already are very close, and come playoffs, then boom, stack team, wins cup, makes entire year we've put effort into almost useless..

Shouldn't be aloud pickups after trade deadline just my opinion.

Also, thought there was something posted recently about signing new players, that one team can't monopolize it all, that it had to go round robin or whatnot ...

If you're talking about this season: they're not reaching 200 TPE for the playoffs. Don't worry, Yukon is 4th and you're still top 3 with OTT and HFX.

If you're talking about next season: they won't be in Yukon automatically, they're going through next VHLM Dispersal Draft.  But then again, Yukon will probably get a couple of them, as they got like 12 picks in the top 3 rounds.

6 hours ago, Cornflakers said:

yeah but its actually not. this is the second time now you've gone into a thread whining about what you thought was the rule and been completely wrong about it, maybe double check next time?