Not full mock draft

hedgehog337

11914_04.jpg

*Me when I saw the results of the draft lotto*

The most recent draft lottery spawned a funny moment - a wildcard team won the first overall pick. And while other team GM's can't complain very much given the depth of this draft, this is still hilarious. Anyways, here's another mock draft. This time from me. @Tagger was doing these at times and I'm sure he will do that in a draft week, but I didn't say I'm doing a full mock. I'm doing only TOP 6 since the finals are going in full swing and we don't know where NY and Calgary will end up. 

1. :rig: RIGA REIGN :rig:

D - RYAN KASTELIC

It's weird to predict my own pick, especially if it's first. So let's try to agree with 'Cock's opinion on my activity level and choose a BPA ''because I'm not active enough to see what is what''. Kastelic is the best player in TPE wise, hence he's a first OV pick. 

2. :hel: HELSINKI TITANS :hel:

LW - JULIAN BORWINN

Helsinki is at the point when they need everyone. So there's another BPA pick. Jubo seems very active, was GM'ing a junior team in WJC and just became a Las Vegas GM. That's a strong statement and I can't see him fall from TOP 3. That's gonna be a little screw up for Toronto since they need forwards, but apparently the random doesn't like the three-peat team. 

3. :nya: NEW YORK AMERICANS :nya:

D - JOSEPH McWOLF

I'm under impression that Spade is fond of Wolf, at least as far as I've seen in discord. Also, the same Napoleon themed avatars that they had before Spade changed his are telling me that Wolf really wants to play side by side with the NY GM. And since NY is another team that needs a lot of players, the McWolf pick is going to legit for this franchise. 

4. :tor: TORONTO LEGION :tor:

C - SCOTT SHAWINGANEN

Yeah, I know Fong's player has more TPE, but Toronto really needs forwards. Scott appears to be the best centre out of all draftees and Toronto has none (Vega is inactive). Even with the possible position switch from Ironside or Malenko the Legion is still going to have problems with forwards. So Scott may be the better pick for Toronto than Tzyuu. 

5. :sea: SEATTLE BEARS :sea:

D - TZYUU

No-brainer. Seattle could use another def and Tzyuu is the BPA among defs. This player could be an important piece for the Bears even if Fong goes welfare for the rest of her career. And claiming welfare means Tzyuu could become a cap friendly player while still being useful. So that's another reason why Seattle can't miss this player if she won't be picked earlier. 

6. :nya: NEW YORK AMERICANS :nya:

RW - DAN WILINSKY

Going to be interesting to see Spade moves if Quebec wins the championship (that would put NY at #8). Also, I see a dogfight for being picked in the first round after #5. I think Wilinsky has an edge over others since Oilmandan has a VHLM Mag job and more active in discord. Another similar pick would be Jose Gonzalez and picking him won't be a mistake either. 

I'll also name the other candidates for being a first round draftee: 

G - Cole Mertz: mainly because of Wranglers' cap thing and he already said he is going to play another season in VHLM;

D - Sidney Crosby: I feel he became a bit more quiet, but the TPE ammout could be enough to stay in TOP 8;

LW - Jose Gonzalez: as I said already, he could be chosen instead of Wilinsky;

RW - Vaydar Odinsson: Boom is being more active lately and GM's could notice this and pick him in the first round. However, there is one problem with him - retiring his players too early. 

My lil mock draft is over. I may do a full one next week when the finals are over. 

That's it and I'm out. 

6 TPE to Kallis. 

@VHL GM  @Jose Gonzalez @Enorama @tfong @oilmandan @Cornflakers @Jubo07 @McWolf @BOOM™ @Jose Gonzalez @SidTheKid87 @ColeMrtz21