HC Davos Dynamo Press Conference

ShawnGlade

For the week ending 2/7:

1. Today I announced that I'm planning on selling off some of our high-end players, with the intent of falling back on paper for a season or two and hopefully being more set up for success in the future. Do you agree with this decision? Why or why not?

2. With that being said, who off our current roster do you see being traded?

3. How long do you think it will realistically take for us to have a competitive roster after this season?

4. What's something you value highly in a GM? What about a teammate?

5. What's your dream car?

6. What's been your contribution to the VHL community up to this point? What do you hope to accomplish here in the future?

@Jer_Lefebvre @Sonnet @Velevra @McWolf @Big Dee @Lefty_S @Ahma @Advantage @Grape @PadStack @Berocka @Kendrick

1. Today I announced that I'm planning on selling off some of our high-end players, with the intent of falling back on paper for a season or two and hopefully being more set up for success in the future. Do you agree with this decision? Why or why not?

I think it is within reason, because of how we've played recently. We haven't been playing winning hockey at all.

Winter, Jensen, maybe Bruden and Hornet.

3. How long do you think it will realistically take for us to have a competitive roster after this season?

About two or three seasons, but it all depends on how our drafts go and FA interest.

In a GM I value honesty, friendliness and not being afraid of possible mistakes, setbacks or losing. In a teammate I value trust and loyalty.

I don't really have to be honest. Maybe an Aston Martin or a Koenigsegg.

6. What's been your contribution to the VHL community up to this point? What do you hope to accomplish here in the future?

I mostly contribute to Davos with loyalty and stability. I suppose I'm here to enjoy the experience, continue being a part of the best franchise and eventually win a championship with the Dynamo.

5 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

For the week ending 2/7:

@Jer_Lefebvre @Sonnet @Velevra @McWolf @Big Dee @Lefty_S @Ahma @Advantage @Grape @PadStack @Berocka @Kendrick

1. Yea I'd agree that that's the right call to make. The team has been struggling and it's not likely that we really make anything out of this season. It sucks but it is what it is.

2. I could see Jensen and Jokinen being dealt, maybe even Dawson or possibly even Hornet. A lot of guys who could be on the move, but I doubt we really want to sell off everyone.

3. 2-4 seasons. Depends on how well we draft and also free agent signings

4. I highly value transparency in a gm. It doesn't matter what the state of the team is and what the intents of the gm are, as long as you're open and honest about it, I'm on board. I like teammates to be engaging and friendly, someone who you'd want to be with, not just someone who either fades into the background or overly rude and undesirable.

5. I've always wanted a truck, but I wouldn't call that a dream car, more of an accessory. Maybe a Tesla Model S. Very nice looking car. The only thing I hope is that I wouldn't forget to plug it in 😅

6. I don't feel like I've contributed much to be honest. I mean I've been a decently active, and added a couple podcasts to the forum but other than that, my footprint isn't much. I'm hoping to contribute more eventually, maybe work my way up to becoming a GM after a while.

7 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

I mean tbh I don't think we'll notice a difference :P

I heard that Hornet bum is on the block

uhhhhhhh

next question

Good leader and being nice to be around

One that works and I can reliably use

Jackshit 

see above ^ 

On 2/2/2021 at 2:15 AM, GustavMattias said:

For the week ending 2/7:

1) if this is the direction we need to go to find success then it’s what needs to happen 

2)Winter and Hornet possibly if we are tlaking high end 

3)minimum two years 

4)honesty and openness if you have those two things you can work through everything else

5)1967 Ford GT500 Shelby mustang 

6)I’ve only really contributed being a player maybe in the future I will get involved in other ways 

On 2/2/2021 at 2:15 AM, GustavMattias said:

For the week ending 2/7:

1. It's a tough one.  But with how we are playing I can't really fault the decision.

2. Hornet, Winter and some of our other valuable pieces.  Maybe Walker even.

3. With the way we are going, 3 seasons probably.

4. Good LR is key.

5. Hmm...old school Dodge Charger for me.

6. I feel I've helped a lot in the community but my main focus will be around the VHL Health Club stuff.

For the week ending 2/14:

1. The trades are done! Winter to Chicago for a 1st, Jensen to Seattle for a 2nd and 4th, Dawson to DC for a 3rd and 4th, and Hornet to Vancouver for...well, let's just say "a lot". What do you think about these trades? Did I manage to get a decent return on them?

2. Over the past couple days, we saw Malmo sell off their top players for arguably considerably less than what we got for ours. Did the timing of our selling (making things happen before another team got to it) help our case at all?

3. Speaking of Malmo, their GM (Frostbeard) just announced on Monday that he is planning to step down at the end of the season. What's one member you'd like to see take his spot?

4. Out of everyone we've traded, who do you think you'll miss the most?

5. What's your favorite little-known fact?

6. Valentine's Day is coming up on Sunday! Do you have a special someone in your life? Why not?

@Jer_Lefebvre @Big Dee @Lefty_S @Ahma @Advantage @Grape @PadStack @Berocka

1. The trades are done! Winter to Chicago for a 1st, Jensen to Seattle for a 2nd and 4th, Dawson to DC for a 3rd and 4th, and Hornet to Vancouver for...well, let's just say "a lot". What do you think about these trades? Did I manage to get a decent return on them?

It's an okay return I guess. More draft picks, the better.

2. Over the past couple days, we saw Malmo sell off their top players for arguably considerably less than what we got for ours. Did the timing of our selling (making things happen before another team got to it) help our case at all?

I can't say, might have helped, might have not.

3. Speaking of Malmo, their GM (Frostbeard) just announced on Monday that he is planning to step down at the end of the season. What's one member you'd like to see take his spot?

Ehhh, someone capable and active. No idea who though.

I think I'll miss Jensen the most, he's from the same draft class as I and together we brought veteran presence for the team.

Keyboards without numpad should not exist.

6. Valentine's Day is coming up on Sunday! Do you have a special someone in your life? Why not?

I'm starting to believe Gustav is just surveying us for ever more and more personal information with more and more personal questions.

1. The trades are done! Winter to Chicago for a 1st, Jensen to Seattle for a 2nd and 4th, Dawson to DC for a 3rd and 4th, and Hornet to Vancouver for...well, let's just say "a lot". What do you think about these trades? Did I manage to get a decent return on them?

I don’t really know but I think that since we are a rebuilding it’s good that we have more draft picks.

2. Over the past couple days, we saw Malmo sell off their top players for arguably considerably less than what we got for ours. Did the timing of our selling (making things happen before another team got to it) help our case at all?

I don’t know.

3. Speaking of Malmo, their GM (Frostbeard) just announced on Monday that he is planning to step down at the end of the season. What's one member you'd like to see take his spot?

I don’t know a lot if members since I was not very active for most of my time here but I think that the person replacing him should know what they have to do and be active.

No one. I don’t really know anyone on the team since I was not really active for the past seasons.

Someone won an award for finding out that cats are both solid and liquid.

6. Valentine's Day is coming up on Sunday! Do you have a special someone in your life? Why not?

No. I don’t socialize much and I mostly just talk only to people in my friends group so I haven’t met anyone that I like yet.

On 2/10/2021 at 6:17 PM, GustavMattias said:

1. Sad to see all those guys go but it's what had to be done. I think you got a pretty decent haul for them all. Should be a good start to the rebuild.

2. Well I feel like you probably held out with some deals a little longer. It didn't feel like you were in too much of a rush to move some pieces so you were able to build up the deals a little more. With Malmo it must've happened pretty quickly, with not as much negotiating.

3. I don't necessarily know who should take that spot, but I feel like the right decision will be made. Someone with at least a little bit of a history of success I'd assume.

4. Winter. Practically the leader of the weebs. Now I'm practically alone on the team.

5. The first ever message sent through a computer was LOL because they attempted to send LOGIN but the computer crashed at LO and after it restarted it only managed to add on an L to that message before it was sent.

6. Not now. Hopefully soon though. I mean if you don't have anyone either we could...

1) I think you got a great return those were some great players you moved 

2)It did for sure because those teams you traded with were out of the picture for them to trade with as teams looking for top end talent

3)Honestly no idea I don’t get to caught up in that aspect 

4) Hornet

5)Ummmmmmmm idk 😬

6)I do! Don’t wanna tlak about it tho 😝

1. The trades are done! Winter to Chicago for a 1st, Jensen to Seattle for a 2nd and 4th, Dawson to DC for a 3rd and 4th, and Hornet to Vancouver for...well, let's just say "a lot". What do you think about these trades? Did I manage to get a decent return on them?

honestly it all depends on who we get from the draft. 

of course, there was less of a market for them. 

3. Speaking of Malmo, their GM (Frostbeard) just announced on Monday that he is planning to step down at the end of the season. What's one member you'd like to see take his spot?

I have a tough time answering this, honestly hopefully someone dedicated and knowing what they are getting into. 

all of them

every snowflake is unique. Maybe not that little known

my wife I suppose. 

1. I think you did yes.  Tough to make those trades but you gotta do what you gotta do.

2. Usually the first team to jump for that rebuild is benefitted a lot as no team has been able to hit the market to buy off other talent and therefore more teams are involved.  So yes.

3. Lol me but I think someone like Ricer would make for an excellent GM there.

4. Definitely Hornet.  Love that guy.

5. I've been doing sim leagues for 18 years.

6. My lovely fiancee!

For the week ending 2/21:

1. The trade deadline just came around! Which members who have recreated would you like to see at some point in your career?

2. With that, all recreates will be S78 players. What are your first impressions of the S77 draft class, now that it's complete?

3. With 11 games left in the season, what's your realistic estimate of how many of those we'll win?

4. What keeps you coming back to the VHL?

5. With Davos likely finishing near the bottom of the league next season as well as this one, what are you most excited about next season?

6. What's your favorite color?

On 2/16/2021 at 5:14 PM, GustavMattias said:

For the week ending 2/21:

1. The trade deadline just came around! Which members who have recreated would you like to see at some point in your career?

2. With that, all recreates will be S78 players. What are your first impressions of the S77 draft class, now that it's complete?

3. With 11 games left in the season, what's your realistic estimate of how many of those we'll win?

4. What keeps you coming back to the VHL?

5. With Davos likely finishing near the bottom of the league next season as well as this one, what are you most excited about next season?

6. What's your favorite color?

1) Not really sure tbh

2)Been pretty solid so far !

3)I could see is getting 4 of 11 maybe 5 

4) It’s just a fun time in your own little world of sorts it’s a nice get away 

5)Just excited to see what the future holds, whether it is here with Davos or somewhere else. I’ve really enjoyed it here it’s a great team to play with

6)Blue

1. The trade deadline just came around! Which members who have recreated would you like to see at some point in your career?

honestly, don’t really know any

nothing

I hope we can pull 3

4. What keeps you coming back to the VHL?

the money

potentially seing new sights

6. What's your favorite color?

green

For the week ending 2/28:

1. We're out of the playoffs--but who's winning the cup?

2. What are your thoughts on the live sim drama that took over the league earlier this week?

3. With Davos finishing in last, we're guaranteed either the first or second overall pick. Who do we draft--Atreides, Idaho, or Reinhart? Do we go for a defender in the other Reinhart? What's our best option?

4. Should I ever say anything other than "David" on Davos Twitter?

5. You have the opportunity to fire any commissioner and replace them with whoever you want. Which one do you fire, and who's the new one?

6. The player store now allows you to take away your future player's starting TPE and use it on your current one (it doesn't; this is hypothetical). Would you ever use this system?

On 2/25/2021 at 3:42 PM, GustavMattias said:

2. What are your thoughts on the live sim drama that took over the league earlier this week?

3. With Davos finishing in last, we're guaranteed either the first or second overall pick. Who do we draft--Atreides, Idaho, or Reinhart? Do we go for a defender in the other Reinhart? What's our best option?

5. You have the opportunity to fire any commissioner and replace them with whoever you want. Which one do you fire, and who's the new one?

6. The player store now allows you to take away your future player's starting TPE and use it on your current one (it doesn't; this is hypothetical). Would you ever use this system?

1) idk not focused on that focused on next season

2)What was the drama ? Didn’t notice don’t pay attention to that side of things 

3)I think we just need to take the best player available regardless of position

4)Nope 

5)Not really my decision to make I don’t wanna comment on anything like that 

6)Depending on the situation ya I think I might to give my current player a boost

On 2/26/2021 at 6:42 AM, GustavMattias said:

1. Seattle because go BEARS

2.  I think it is silly and pointless

3. I would like to go for Ricer I think as long as he can stick around he would be a quality pick up.

4. No David is all anyone needs to know

5. I wouldn't fire anyone I know that the role is a tough one and I think they are all doing a good job.

6. Nahh UnGuri is enough of a flop don't need to ruin my next player as well.

On 2/25/2021 at 3:42 PM, GustavMattias said:

1. a team

2. Gorlab gonna gorlab, but I do think that live streaming simming is justifiable 

3. We want someone good, I know nothing about those players to make any kind of judgement

4. no

5. I'm gonna be honest, I have no idea who the commissioners are right now and I'm too lazy to check

actually wait, I think DA is one, but I like DA so he can stay 

6. probably not, as Wyman is like barely 350 tpe and it'd be a waste lol

1.       What is a question that you want to see asked in a press conference?

2.       Are writing press conference questions the hardest PT in the league?

3.       What is a crazy suggestion the VHL should try for April Fools’ Day?

4.       Where would you put an affiliated minor team with Davos?

5.       There is a new sim out there for MMA run by Dil https://tfcsim.com/, would your player make a good fighter?

6.       Would you rather have dinner cooked for you by myself or Gustav?

1.       What is a question that you want to see asked in a press conference?

How do we feel about this constant slump.

2.       Are writing press conference questions the hardest PT in the league?

No, they are fairly easy, but sometimes a but annoying

3.       What is a crazy suggestion the VHL should try for April Fools’ Day?

Errrbodies relocating!

4.       Where would you put an affiliated minor team with Davos?

Geneva, the proximity would allow quick recalls 

5.       There is a new sim out there for MMA run by Dil https://tfcsim.com/, would your player make a good fighter?

Yes, he's huge!

6.       Would you rather have dinner cooked for you by myself or Gustav?

Gustav

On 3/5/2021 at 12:21 AM, Berocka said:

5.       There is a new sim out there for MMA run by Dil https://tfcsim.com/, would your player make a good fighter?

1. Why is Tyler Walker the biggest bust in league history?

2. I know I struggle with them.

3. Free Quadruples week.

4. Zurich.

5. Probably not.  He's a pushy.

6. Probably you.  Gus too young. 

On 3/5/2021 at 12:21 AM, Berocka said:

1. How do some goalies sleep at night knowing that Shawty Nananana scored on them?
2. I guess it depends on the person and the mood. If you're really flowing with creative juices, it can come pretty easily, but sometimes you just get stuck in a rut.
3. Make Leadership the most important stat in the game. Max Leadership, best player.
4. Place it right smack in Lichtenstein. Gotta get hockey to the best country in the world somehow.
5. My player's arms are like pasta noodles. I think preschoolers would beat them in a fight.
6. I'd like to see what Gustav can do. Either way I'd probably be disappointed.

For the week ending 3/14:

1. How many goals will our 40-scoring friend Shawty Nananana score this season?

2. We just recently saw Beaviss, one of the league's commissioners, step down. Should the league bring in a third commissioner? Who should it be?

3. With fans out of games, the team needs a new way to generate revenue. What's your best idea for a fundraiser?

4. You get to sponsor a concession stand in our arena, with the menu up to you. Do you go for the usual generic arena snacks, or do you get creative? What's being served?

5. What's a favorite team of yours in a sport other than hockey?

6. How do you prefer to write--pencil, pen (what color?), anything else?