HC Davos Dynamo Press Conference

ShawnGlade

1. If there were vhlm affiliates for each vhl team who would you want and why?

2. The draft is now over what do you think of our draftees?

3. We acquired Funk and Davis in FA, are you happy with this?

4. With prediction points just coming out how did you do?

5. What award do you think you have the best chance at winning this season?

6. What will you spend training camp focusing on?

@GustavMattias can you tag everyone

@Ferda @BlueMaple @Jer_Lefebvre @Sonnet @McWolf @Velevra @turkey2349 @David O'Quinn @Ahma @Josh @PadStack @Rayzor_7

See above for questions!

As always, if you're a player who would not like to be tagged in our press conference thread, or a prospect who would, please let me know.

1. I would probably prefer either Mississauga or Yukon.

2. I'm excited to see them in the big league at some point.

3. I'm happy with that.

4. I didn't get my hands dirty with those.

5. I'm not focused on awards right now.

6. I'll probably spend Camp working on physicality.

Bring back Turku!

Neutral, not enough knowledge to base an opinion of

I'm excited. A great goalie who has proven to be a winning goalie. I'm surprised Davis went to FA and didn't sign an extension. But glad he decided to say in Davos, he is a big part of our blueline.

I didn't do predictions last time.

Championship.

Working on my puck handling and passing.

1. If there were vhlm affiliates for each vhl team who would you want and why?

ottawa. Because they the best. 

I need some time to haze them.

Yes. Funk is a great name.

I assume very badly.

Probably worst goalie.

My reaction time.

On 9/13/2020 at 8:46 PM, Berocka said:

@GustavMattias can you tag everyone

1) Would either by Philly or Minny for me both hold a special place in my heart 

2) I haven’t had a chance to check out the draftees yet as I have been quite busy working on my game for the upcoming season 

3)Anything that can better our team is positive in my books 

4) Not good lol

5) Hopefully I give myself a shot at rookie of the year been working hard to put myself in the running

6) Always important to focus on my skating especially for the next level 

For the week ending 9/27!

1. We're off to a solid start! What are your first impressions of the season so far?

2. Are you happy with your role on the team?

3. Where do you see yourself as a league member in five seasons?

4. Who's your all-time favorite sports figure, in any sport?

5. What styles of music are you into?

6. Have you ever been in any online communities outside of the sim league world? What were they?

@Ferda @BlueMaple @Jer_Lefebvre @Sonnet @McWolf @Velevra @turkey2349 @David O'Quinn @Ahma @Josh @PadStack @Rayzor_7

1. I'm happy with how we started, and I hope that continues.

2. Meh. I know I won't score much but I'm too aggressive for some reason.

3. Not sure if I'll stay around for that long.

4. Probably Crosby or Ovi.

5. My music taste is all over the place.

6. Not really.

1. We're off to a solid start! What are your first impressions of the season so far?

Awesome. But there's always room for improvement.

Absolutely. I'm happy with any role. I love Davos. I'd be happy even if I'm eating popcorn during games.

Exactly the same as now. A member of HC Davos Dynamo.

Olli Jokinen and Saku Koivu.

Everything and anything from death metal and industrial metal to Finnish Iskelmä to Russian pop to Polish rap. But country music and dubstep are genres I avoid. Not a fan of them. All time favorite band is Rammstein, nothing tops them.

6. Have you ever been in any online communities outside of the sim league world? What were they?

Yes. Websimhockey is great :)@FacePuncher there are other hockey manager leagues I've been in the past, but not anymore. I assume this question was about sim leagues as in VHL, SHL and PBE types of sim leagues.

17 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

For the week ending 9/27!

1) Very excited to see what we can do, off to a good start and I’m able to keep up a bit so so far so good

2)Very happy with being a rookie, didn’t expect a ton but being given every opportunity to succeed

3) I’m hoping to be a start come a few seasons, I want to get better every year and be a leader on good team 

4) Being from Canada I’ve grown up watching the penguins as my favourite team with Crosby being someone I’ve always looked up to 

5) Honesty not picky in that department just love myself some good music, country is number 1 tho

6)No this is my first and I really enjoy it 

- Pretty good. It's nice to make the next step in my career into the VHL!

- I'm just happy to be on the team. I'll gladly play the role they need me to play

- I'm hoping to be still playing and finishing out my career strong!

- Rick Nash is a great guy. Started out in my hometown in Columbus, so he gets my vote

- Really any and all. I tend not to get into the extreme's of each type though.

- I'm a big mod developer / programmer of lots of various things, so I'm in a few communities that surround that.

I think we have a pretty decent celieng as long as our goal tending stays solid.

It's alright. I wish I was a bit better, but I also est a lot of hot dogs.

5 seasons I think I'll be close to retirement?

Patrick Roy. He was cocky as hell and the best in the world.

Swedish metal and rock

Uhh. Not that I can really think of. Ever is a long time though.

Not a bad start thus far! Hopefully we can keep on improving and keep the wins coming. 

No complaints from me, happy to be one of the top forwards on the team. 

Hard to say really. I find myself getting busier as I grow older so I'm not sure what my plans are after Jensen is done.

Was a big fan of Markus Naslund growing up. 

I listen to a mix of everything really. Been listening to some deep house while working as of late. 

None that really come to mind off the top of my head. 

For the week ending 10/4!

1. You've probably been asked a million times in these press conference threads what your "pregame ritual" is. What do you do after games?

2. Who's your favorite NHL team and what's the worst thing about them?

3. Last week, I asked who your favorite sports figure of all time was. Who's your least favorite, in any sport?

4. We've been...inconsistent lately, beating first-place Riga one day and losing to expansion Warsaw the next. What's your general outlook on our chances this season?

5. Which GM, apart from myself, do you know the best? Are there any GMs who you haven't talked to much or at all?

6. Is there anything you wish the league did or offered that it currently doesn't?

1. You've probably been asked a million times in these press conference threads what your "pregame ritual" is. What do you do after games?

You've already asked this...? I don't remember what I answered last time, but I guess it's still the same.

Montreal Canadiens. Our GM is the worst thing, Bergevin makes horrible trades and gives unnecessary high amount of money to players who don't deserve it.

3. Last week, I asked who your favorite sports figure of all time was. Who's your least favorite, in any sport?

Boston Bruins as a whole.

4. We've been...inconsistent lately, beating first-place Riga one day and losing to expansion Warsaw the next. What's your general outlook on our chances this season?

I'm always positive with out chances, so I'd say great.

5. Which GM, apart from myself, do you know the best? Are there any GMs who you haven't talked to much or at all?

Interesting question. I don't know any of them that well, Victor and hedgehog would be ones I know a little of. 6 GM's I haven't talked to at all.

6. Is there anything you wish the league did or offered that it currently doesn't?

Better treatment of welfare/pension players :)

Smell my jock.

Edmonton. They suck and can't win.

Claude lemieux. He's a douche.

Fell like we just need better goaltending.

Hmm the gm in Ottawa..forget his name.

Free tacos.

13 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

1) kick back relax and crush some Beers 

2) The penguins and at this moment our GM lol

3) It’s gotta be Travis Konecny right now I cannot stand him 

4) I think that if we can find a little consistency we will be just fine and have a decent playoffs 

5) Honestly I don’t think I really know any of the other gms in the big leagues 

6) Nah not really I’m pretty satisfied with how things work 

nasty gustav not tagging me cuz im not on the team anymore....

1. You've probably been asked a million times in these press conference threads what your "pregame ritual" is. What do you do after games?

I partake in some marijuana and relax in a ice-water bath to regenerate my muscles.

Toronto Maple Leafs and the worst thing about them is their fan base imo. Knew a real prick job who was a diehard Leafs fan and hated em ever since.

3. Last week, I asked who your favorite sports figure of all time was. Who's your least favorite, in any sport?

Wow good question, least favourite sports figure all time prob Steve Yzerman? Hated him as an Avs fan and hate how people have the nerve to say Yzerman is better than Sakic.

I think this ssn is the start of Davos' contentending window with the current core, and I expect playoffs but 1st or 2nd round elim.

I'd say I know Victor the best, even though a lot of Victor's allure is through his mystique. Least known probably Jubo07 for sure.

Yeah, give graphic makers more respect.

For the week ending 10/11:

1. You catch former player Jet Jaguar burning incense and performing some sort of ritual to try to make the team better. The locker room now has an overwhelming essential-oil smell. What's your go-to scent to make things more tolerable?

2. All jokes aside, what's the root of our problems in the sims lately? Things haven't been going so hot.

3. @Beketov has a stroke one day and wakes up saying we need to bring back Project Player Two. Do you make a second player? If so, what would your plans be for them?

4. What's your favorite logo in either league, VHL or VHLM?

5. If you could have any real-life job (or field of study) in the world other than your current one, what would it be? If you're not yet at career-finding age, what job would you like to have in the future?

6. Which player on our team is most likely to win in a fight? Who's most likely to lose?

@BlueMaple @Jer_Lefebvre @Sonnet @McWolf @Velevra @turkey2349 @David O'Quinn @Ahma @Josh @PadStack @Rayzor_7@studentized

1. Something minty or something like that. 

2. Honestly, I don't know. Maybe bad defensive tactics?

3. Sure, we always could use more defense.

4. Probably the Miami logo.

5. Probably a color commentator for SNF.

6. I will definitely do well, and I'm not sure who would lose.

1. You catch former player Jet Jaguar burning incense and performing some sort of ritual to try to make the team better. The locker room now has an overwhelming essential-oil smell. What's your go-to scent to make things more tolerable?

My jock strap 

2. All jokes aside, what's the root of our problems in the sims lately? Things haven't been going so hot.

Probably just bad luck. Shit like this happens.

3. @Beketov has a stroke one day and wakes up saying we need to bring back Project Player Two. Do you make a second player? If so, what would your plans be for them?

What is project player?

I think Malmo. I like the look and colors.

5. If you could have any real-life job (or field of study) in the world other than your current one, what would it be? If you're not yet at career-finding age, what job would you like to have in the future?

This one, professional goalie.

6. Which player on our team is most likely to win in a fight? Who's most likely to lose?

I'm most likely to win or lose depending on the day.

The sweatier the better.

I have no idea. Chemistry issue? Also none of our forwards are aggressive hitters.

3. @Beketov has a stroke one day and wakes up saying we need to bring back Project Player Two. Do you make a second player? If so, what would your plans be for them?

I would never wish anyone to have a stroke. I don't know if I'd make a second player. I would have two players doing the same exact thing, collecting welfare. I guess it'd be kinda cool though.

:dav:

5. If you could have any real-life job (or field of study) in the world other than your current one, what would it be? If you're not yet at career-finding age, what job would you like to have in the future?

Something ice hockey related would be awesome.

Owen Nolan would win fights no doubt. Winter is a bit of a... he'd lose 9/10 times.

On 10/6/2020 at 5:43 PM, GustavMattias said:

For the week ending 10/11:

@BlueMaple @Jer_Lefebvre @Sonnet @McWolf @Velevra @turkey2349 @David O'Quinn @Ahma @Josh @PadStack @Rayzor_7@studentized

1 I like that smell

2 i think because i don't play, maybe?

3 no i like playing as one player

4 philadelphia reapers

5 programmer

6 david O'quinn, Gino Alkamino 

For the week ending 10/18:

1. Gorlab keeps reading our press conferences for some reason. Give him a shout-out or a personal message here.

2. Things are looking a little bit more stable sims-wise, as we've managed to win a few here and there after a bit of a change in the lines. Is this something we should be excited about now, or are we at the point where we should just hope for some good playoff luck?

3. What did you think about the VHL when you first joined? Is your outlook on the league any different now?

4. This past week saw a huge wave of new recruits. Is the league now full enough that we'll have to think about expanding again, or is it best to wait a while and see how these players affect the VHL when they move up?

5. Last week was theme week, where we talked about dream teams! If you could play with any one other player in the league, current or former, who would it be?

6. Do you have any particular style? What sort of clothes do you usually wear?