HC Davos Dynamo Press Conference

ShawnGlade

1. Hi Gorlab. Get out.

2. It'll probably come down to luck.

3. I saw it as a cool idea to take part in, and that hasn't changed.

4. We shouldn't expand so soon after the last one.

5. I consider Davos to be the dream team in my mind.

6. I don't really need style with clothing.

1 hour ago, GustavMattias said:

For the week ending 10/18:

1. Gorlab keeps reading our press conferences for some reason. Give him a shout-out or a personal message here.

2. Things are looking a little bit more stable sims-wise, as we've managed to win a few here and there after a bit of a change in the lines. Is this something we should be excited about now, or are we at the point where we should just hope for some good playoff luck?

3. What did you think about the VHL when you first joined? Is your outlook on the league any different now?

4. This past week saw a huge wave of new recruits. Is the league now full enough that we'll have to think about expanding again, or is it best to wait a while and see how these players affect the VHL when they move up?

5. Last week was theme week, where we talked about dream teams! If you could play with any one other player in the league, current or former, who would it be?

6. Do you have any particular style? What sort of clothes do you usually wear?

@BlueMaple @Jer_Lefebvre @Sonnet @McWolf @Velevra @turkey2349 @David O'Quinn @Ahma @Josh @PadStack @Rayzor_7@studentized

1) you mind or?

2) Seems like the change helped a hit hopefully we can get on the right track 

3) I thought it was aweomse nothing like I’ve experienced before still feel that way 

4) should wait and see if these players stick with it 

5) Would be Spence Elsby he showed me the VHL

6) just a casual guy however Jer Lefebvre got some drip going lol 

1. Gorlab keeps reading our press conferences for some reason. Give him a shout-out or a personal message here.

Keep it real dawg

2. Things are looking a little bit more stable sims-wise, as we've managed to win a few here and there after a bit of a change in the lines. Is this something we should be excited about now, or are we at the point where we should just hope for some good playoff luck?

Personally, at this point, I think we should just hope for the best.

3. What did you think about the VHL when you first joined? Is your outlook on the league any different now?

The VHL was a whole different ball game back when I joined. I don't quite remember what I thought when I first joined, it was all very new. I wrote media spots and earned TPE via jobs and stuff. No welfare. Nowadays I'm more relaxed, claiming welfare. The league as a whole has grown, massively.

4. This past week saw a huge wave of new recruits. Is the league now full enough that we'll have to think about expanding again, or is it best to wait a while and see how these players affect the VHL when they move up?

best to wait how the newbies pan out. how many are active after some time.

5. Last week was theme week, where we talked about dream teams! If you could play with any one other player in the league, current or former, who would it be?

The Scotty Campbell. Needs no explanation.

Wait what, this game came out nowhere. I wear Davos merch, duh!

Hi gorlab, always nice to interact with fans. What are you wearing?

No. If we get excited over anything we're just setting ourselves up for disappointment.

I thought it was neat. I like it a lot less now.

4. This past week saw a huge wave of new recruits. Is the league now full enough that we'll have to think about expanding again, or is it best to wait a while and see how these players affect the VHL when they move up?

Let's hold off. Might end up with a bunch of inactive folks.

Richard penisson

Butterfly. And same answer. Silk shirts with lots of butterfly's 

1. Gorlab is a smelly man

2. I think we can be happy but we need to focus on making the playoffs first

3. I think the VHL is better and worse in some ways since I joined

4. We should probably wait and see if it's repeatable

5. I'd love to play with DoktorFunk again, dudes a boss

6. Definitely athletic clothes, Under Armour is probably my #1 brand

For the week ending 10/25:

1. Now that the regular season is winding down, how do you feel about your individual performance this season as a whole?

2. We're right on the edge of making the playoffs as I'm writing this. If you're answering this before the regular season ends, will we make it? Does Davos, Prague, or Helsinki get knocked out? If you're answering this after it ends, are you surprised by how the last couple sims went?

3. Not including yourself, which member of the league who is not currently a VHL GM would you like to see as one?

4. What's the best place you've ever traveled to?

5. Do you have a favorite time of the year? How does October stack up to it?

6. Have you played, or do you currently play, any sports in real life? Which ones?

@BlueMaple @Jer_Lefebvre @Sonnet @McWolf @Velevra @turkey2349 @David O'Quinn @Ahma @Josh @PadStack @Rayzor_7@studentized

1. Now that the regular season is winding down, how do you feel about your individual performance this season as a whole?

I feel like I put forward a solid backup effort.

2. We're right on the edge of making the playoffs as I'm writing this. If you're answering this before the regular season ends, will we make it? Does Davos, Prague, or Helsinki get knocked out? If you're answering this after it ends, are you surprised by how the last couple sims went?

Yes, we pull it together and make it in.

3. Not including yourself, which member of the league who is not currently a VHL GM would you like to see as one?

I'd like to see acyd again. They were great in Ottawa.

Central Europe. So much history.

Spring. It's warming up and the snow is gone.

6. Have you played, or do you currently play, any sports in real life? Which ones?

Yes, hockey.

Irrelevant. I take great team success over personal success, but I think I've played well overall.

We'll make it easy. Confidence is key.

Ruutu would be cool to see GM a team.

Spain.

Autumn sucks in general. Spring is the best.

I played ice hockey. I played other sports too. Ice hockey mainly though.

1. Was killing it in NY on a bad team. Then doing meh on a bad Davos team. Now doing good on a good Davos team. I'll take it. Especially if we make it in

2. I feel like I'll jinx our chances so I'm gonna just say no comment.

3. Hugh Jass is a cool dude. CowboyInAmerica too, though he might have already been one

4. Tel Aviv :)

5. September is better. October is just a precursor to shit.

6. Nope. Keep me in the stands as a fan.

1. I should have spent less time in the box.

2. As long as we make the playoffs, I'll be happy.

3. Rust would probably do well as GM

4. Chicago

5. Summer is the best. Autumn is cold and gross.

6. I did do soccer for a few years, but I'm only doing Cross Country atm.

On 10/19/2020 at 2:03 PM, GustavMattias said:

1) I feel like my first season in the big leagues was a success overall it was a great learning curve as well as pretty up and ok amount of points 

2) We fought until the end tied things up but the tiebreaker just didn’t go our way 

3) I think Spence king would make a great gm

4) Sweden 

5) Summer no doubt can’t beat camp SZN

6) Played all sports really and still play hockey now 

Hey all, apologies for the late presser, life gets in the way you know how it is!

1) What is the punishment for a late press conference?

2) What players should we look at drafting in the upcoming draft?

3) Are there any free agents that Gustav should look at?

4) Gustav has announced he is stepping down as GM after next season. If this was real how would you react?

5) What are your goals as next season approaches?

6) Berocka has made a cricket sim, what would he need to do to bring you over

1. Nothing, as long as laziness didn't get in the way.

2. Not sure. Haven't seen much from the minors

3. Not sure about that either.

4. I'd definitely wish him good luck moving forward.

5. Stop taking penalties.

6. I don't like Cricket.

Drink 4L of milk in 1 sitting

good ones, hopefully ones better than what we have.

I don't know the answer to this.. probably?

4) Gustav has announced he is stepping down as GM after next season. If this was real how would you react?

Well shit. I was real excited for a while there. I don't like you any more.

Win more games than lose

Nothing, I'm not there

10 whips in the back.

Anyone who is known for good players, would enjoy Davos and make a difference.

Any player that can help us win.

I'd be shocked, quite frankly. Gustav gives the feels of a long-term GM. Suddenly leaving would be a big surprise.

Winning the championship.

Has he now? Great. I do not know the answer to that. I have close zero interest in cricket and two sim leagues is enough for me now.

You have to pat your head and rub circles on your stomach for 8 minutes.

I think we should be taking a hard look at accquiring L and R, the defensive brothers from Ukraine.

Yes, he should be looking at all of them and deciding which ones could benefit Davos.

Holy shit, as I read the question I thought it was actually real and had a pit in my stomach. If it was real, I would wish him luck with his irl life and tell  him sim leagues are a waste of time anyways.

Rookie of the Year and nothing less. I plan to break the trend and ensure a d-man wins roty in the VHL.

I am already there, my player is named VB Longneck and I'm a power batter.

On 10/29/2020 at 6:29 PM, Berocka said:

Hey all, apologies for the late presser, life gets in the way you know how it is!

1. A weak slap on the wrist.

2. Bring back gorlab. But don't pick up his brother. We only want gorlab fam.

3. Who even is testing free agency? Everyone is extending with their current team ffs

4. Parks And Recreation Reaction GIF

5. Get a good season. I have been absolutely shit for a 1oa player. I need a good season now.

6. Explain cricket to me one more time.

For the week ending 11/8:

1. I've been saying for a while now that this offseason is going to be interesting. What are your speculations on what's about to happen?

2. Who wins the finals, Vancouver or Helsinki?

3. Who wins the VHLM finals, Miami or Mississauga?

4. What's one thing you hope to accomplish next season?

5. You get 30 TPE for free, but the catch is that you have to put it all into one attribute, and that attribute has to be below 70. What do you upgrade?

6. How are you in general? Is there anything new in your life?

1. I've been saying for a while now that this offseason is going to be interesting. What are your speculations on what's about to happen?

Some crazy trades in usual Gustav fashion and FA signings.

It doesn't matter which team wins, because in either case the whole league loses.

I have no idea. Maybe Mississauga?

Win games and win the championship.

5. You get 30 TPE for free, but the catch is that you have to put it all into one attribute, and that attribute has to be below 70. What do you upgrade?

I would let regression do some magic and put it in strength. As of right now, it'd be scoring.

I'm fine but tired.

1. I've been saying for a while now that this offseason is going to be interesting. What are your speculations on what's about to happen?

big trades I think. 

Vancouver

mississauga

I want to make playoffs

5. You get 30 TPE for free, but the catch is that you have to put it all into one attribute, and that attribute has to be below 70. What do you upgrade?

hmm any one of my secondaries I guess

6. How are you in general? Is there anything new in your life?

same old COVID life

Umm.... don't tell me it's another VHL expansion.... I predict a good draft with L going 1st overall.

I would have said Helsinki, but Vancouver won it so good for them.

I would have said Mississauga, but Miami won it so good for them. Tough loss for us in the finals, but it is what it is.

Be in the conversation for VHL rookie of the year.

Leadership of course. The most underrated stat in STHS. 

My ear was plugged up with wax today. I bought an ear was removal kit. It didn't immediately work but I'm gonna run through the process a few times and hope for the best. 

On 11/2/2020 at 12:33 PM, GustavMattias said:

For the week ending 11/8:

1. I think we are shooting to get younger and change up the core a little.

2.  Wild guess...Vancouver!

3. Miami duh......

4. I really would like to step up and solidly put my name in the top defender talk.

5. Strength probably.  I dont plan on being physical so checking wouldn't make sense for Walker.

6.  New team! Things are okay just working lots in this covid world.

For the week ending 11/15:

1. How do you feel about our chances this season? Will we break out of the run of awful luck the sims have been handing us for a while?

2. What, in your opinion, was the best new addition to our roster--Walker, Tsujimoto, UnGuri, or someone else?

3. Which player do you think is going to win MVP this season?

4. Predict your statline this season!

5. The commissioners approach you saying that they're ready to hand you a position as GM of any team in the league. Do you take it, and which team is it?

6. Where does our roster need help the most? What should we be looking to upgrade?

@Jer_Lefebvre @studentized @Sonnet @Velevra  @McWolf @Big Dee @Lefty_S @Ahma @Advantage @Grape @PadStack @Berocka