HC Davos Dynamo Press Conference

ShawnGlade

1. Joakim Bruden goes missing before a game. Where do you find him?

In the local bar, if not there, look out for any parties nearby.

2. Davos can't stop winning lately--we're #1 in the EU and #2 in the league! Does this mean anything for the long run, or is it just a good phase?

This means we are awesome. And people can finally see it in the standings. Now, we just need save some of this momentum in for playoffs...

3. The coach puts you in charge of practice for a day. What unique hockey drill do you drag out?

Nothing unique or exiting, only good old hard work. We skate end to end until I feel like stopping. Then

4. How do you feel about your player's production so far this season?

Over my expectations. Which is great. I had an amazing start, but it will slow down from now on... and slow down fast.

5. You can bring any NHL player into the league as a VHL member. Who do you pick?

Can I choose a former NHLer? Olli Jokinen or Saku Koivu. If not, Patrik Laine because he would bring some personality with him.

6. The blue team offers you a 100-TPE bonus on your next player if you go completely inactive for a full calendar year. Do you take it?

Not worth it. Don't buy into their crazy ideas, people!

Hopefully in a quiet place getting mentally prepared for the game!

2. Davos can't stop winning lately--we're #1 in the EU and #2 in the league! Does this mean anything for the long run, or is it just a good phase?
I think it definitely is a good sign and that we have a legitimate shot at the cup. Also always nice to have a higher seed in the playoffs!

3. The coach puts you in charge of practice for a day. What unique hockey drill do you drag out?

Can always practice some more breakouts!

I found him face down in a puddle of his own making.

This question jinxed our good run of wins. SHAKING MY SMMFH.

3. The coach puts you in charge of practice for a day. What unique hockey drill do you drag out?

3 on 3 half ice games. Jaguar line vs Jerry line for 185 minutes until Robin Winter pukes.

4. How do you feel about your player's production so far this season?

It was going good but I might have just broke the build by trying to pump the tires even more. Shaking my SMMFH.

5. You can bring any NHL player into the league as a VHL member. Who do you pick?

Patrik Laine because he's already here and already knows how to do the PTs and all that.

6. The blue team offers you a 100-TPE bonus on your next player if you go completely inactive for a full calendar year. Do you take it?

Fuck no, I'd tell the blues to suckle on an egg and moonwalk past HHH for the GOAT C of S66.

Disclaimer: I'm an idiot. I have edited the tag list a few times thinking I've gotten it correct and...let's just say that hasn't happened. I finally went through and made sure I had it accurate, so here it is with apologies to anyone who I've been missing or who I've been tagging without reason.

Anyway, for the week ending 8/16:

1. Towards the beginning of this madness, I checked in a few times on your life with respect to all things COVID and quarantine. I'm checking in again--any updates? Has anything changed for you recently? How are the numbers looking in your area?

2. This week is theme week, where we talk about future players! I assume most people will talk about a future player of their own--but if you had naming rights to any other member's next player, who would it be and what would you name them?

3. You can bring anyone you know from elsewhere, be it online or in real life, into the VHL. Who is it?

4. The team hits the gym--what exercise can you do better than everyone else?

5. You see the same "pregame ritual" question all the time. What do you do after games?

6. What were you doing an hour before you answered this question?

@Sonnet @McWolf @Ferda @David O'Quinn @Ahma @Josh @PadStack @gorlab @Velevra @DMaximus

1. Towards the beginning of this madness, I checked in a few times on your life with respect to all things COVID and quarantine. I'm checking in again--any updates? Has anything changed for you recently? How are the numbers looking in your area?

Things seem ok for us. Lots of work - that might be a blessing with the current state of the world now.

2. This week is theme week, where we talk about future players! I assume most people will talk about a future player of their own--but if you had naming rights to any other member's next player, who would it be and what would you name them?

Acyd will join me in the Bruden line with their next player!

3. You can bring anyone you know from elsewhere, be it online or in real life, into the VHL. Who is it?

Brent Burns. He seems like he'd be fun to hang out with.

Squats. My thighs are massive!

5. You see the same "pregame ritual" question all the time. What do you do after games?

Mostly hookers and hard drugs.

Watching some TV, getting ready for bed.

1. Towards the beginning of this madness, I checked in a few times on your life with respect to all things COVID and quarantine. I'm checking in again--any updates? Has anything changed for you recently? How are the numbers looking in your area?
Seems like my province of ~1 million people are getting under 20 cases per day pretty consistently. A lot of the population is raging because the schools are opening as normal, no mask or social distancing mandates or anything like that. I'm chillin. 

Wow what a great question. GMotY award awaits you. If I had naming rights of any member, I'd....... fuck I don't know, I'd choose a_Ferk and change his players name from Timothy Brown to something not as awful as that name.

I'd go to a popular camgirl website and find the nastiest, most veteran camgirl with the absolute most reviews/views/etc. and make her a dedicated VHLer.

VHL-universe wise, probably some type of forearm excercise or some dumb shit. In real life, benchpress cuz I can't see anybody else on Davos being anything but cuties. 

5. You see the same "pregame ritual" question all the time. What do you do after games?

Smoke loud pack after mid pack performances. Shoutout hedgehog.

Eating mCdonalds and watching a tf2 twitch streamer.

There's no more quarantine where I live in Finland. Not that many cases in my area either.

Ruutu and make him name his player's last name Jokinen again.

I would bring in a friend of mine.

Stretches, that's about it. And goalies don't count here

I go to VHL chat... Oh wait. I stretch and relax, recover for the next game starts right after the last game ends, that's how I roll. Sometime later I go eat.

Drinking coffee and wondering just how annoying construction sites and constructions can get. Especially when they're right next door working or on the way on the road. Annoying.

On 8/10/2020 at 9:29 PM, GustavMattias said:

Disclaimer: I'm an idiot. I have edited the tag list a few times thinking I've gotten it correct and...let's just say that hasn't happened. I finally went through and made sure I had it accurate, so here it is with apologies to anyone who I've been missing or who I've been tagging without reason.

Anyway, for the week ending 8/16:

@Sonnet @McWolf @Ferda @David O'Quinn @Ahma @Josh @PadStack @gorlab @Velevra @DMaximus

1) Honestly my life has not been affected to greatly there have been a total of 20 cases in my entire region, since this started and there are 0 right now.

2) If I got to name another members player it would be @Spence King and I would name him Happy Gilmore haha

3) I would love to bring Paul Bissonette aka BizNasty into the VHL world he would be hilarious

4)Definetly rocking that leg press machine no doubt 

5) Crack a cold bud light and get the hot tub going at home 

6) Watching hockey lol

For the week ending 8/23:

1. I just recreated! I've made a center who I plan to claim in the S75 draft. Do you think this was the right move for the team, or would a different position have served us better?

2. Line chemistry is off for some reason lately. Why do you think that is? Is there anything you'd like to see tried that you haven't seen yet?

3. Which EU team do you think we'll eventually meet in the playoffs?

4. We've got three S66 players retiring this season in Jaguar, Garcia, and Paddywagon. Do we have what it takes to keep moving forward or is there a step back coming? How do you think this affects our long-term future?

5. The trade deadline has come and gone! Are you surprised it was uneventful? Do you think there are any moves we could have made?

6. There's a party at Robin Winter's house tonight. What are you bringing?

1. I just recreated! I've made a center who I plan to claim in the S75 draft. Do you think this was the right move for the team, or would a different position have served us better?

No, I think that's a great idea. Since I won't be making another center, you won't have me to contend with in terms of top C's of your draft class.  Goalie would have prob been better though.

2. Line chemistry is off for some reason lately. Why do you think that is? Is there anything you'd like to see tried that you haven't seen yet?

I think line 2 was playing well, and I think line 1 could have been fixed by trading Big Chungus for a more developed inactive, or maybe defence-first winger. I wouldn't mind seeing Garcia - Jaguar - Jensen though.

I have a bad feeling we'll meet Moscow and get dummied because Jaguar's career is a comedy of errors.

4. We've got three S66 players retiring this season in Jaguar, Garcia, and Paddywagon. Do we have what it takes to keep moving forward or is there a step back coming? How do you think this affects our long-term future?

I think it's good because it gives room for SS Hornet / Robin Winter to take over the team as the main forward pieces. Losing Paddywagon will hurt the back-end no doubt, but it can easily be remedied via drafting / UFA.

5. The trade deadline has come and gone! Are you surprised it was uneventful? Do you think there are any moves we could have made?

I was shocked at how uneventful it was. Yes, we should have traded chungus + picks for a better winger to try and fix line 1 chemistry.

My anime bodypillow. I don't want to be the only person there without one.

A good center is always welcome. Solid move. But only future will tell if it was the right one.

Switch our 1st and 2nd line right wingers.

Riga

More players for the future would be nice in general. Those 3 who retiring leave 3 big shoes to fill.

I would not have even realised it was trade deadline, without the threeway trade and Gustav's announcement.

Lots of booze, because there won't be enough at the house. Some of my teammates are real cheapskates.

I suppose if you think it'll have lp us.

Have we considered running more enforcers?

Malmo 

4. We've got three S66 players retiring this season in Jaguar, Garcia, and Paddywagon. Do we have what it takes to keep moving forward or is there a step back coming? How do you think this affects our long-term future?

I sure hope so, but we're probably taking a hit in the offseason.

Maybe bringing in a better goalie

Lots of rhum 

WE GO HARD ON THE EARLY UPDATING THIS WEEK FOLKS

1. Apparently we decided to suck, for no readily explainable reason. Sims as of late have gone horribly, we're currently out of a playoff spot, and even returning to the lines which put us on top of the EU has done nothing to help that. Do you have any idea what happened? What's your best guess?

2. Someone has placed a curse on Davos, of course! Who's the first person we investigate?

3. All roads point to nowhere and nobody finds out who cast the magic spell. What's your favorite supernatural remedy?

4. The VHL Players' Association starts up again, after having failed the last few times it was attempted. You've been elected the representative for Davos--what's the first issue you bring up?

5. Who's the best VHL player from your home country (either yours or your player's)? Go here and sort by birthplace; feel free to include retired players if you'd like to.

6. While you're on the portal, what was the last VHLM team you played for, and what are their chances at a cup right now?

1. Apparently we decided to suck, for no readily explainable reason. Sims as of late have gone horribly, we're currently out of a playoff spot, and even returning to the lines which put us on top of the EU has done nothing to help that. Do you have any idea what happened? What's your best guess?

The sim Gods have turned against us. That's all I got.

2. Someone has placed a curse on Davos, of course! Who's the first person we investigate?

"This isn't true, I deny any curse accusations. But I do volunteer to investigate... juuuust in case." said anonymous VHL member strongly resembling a member known as Ahma.

3. All roads point to nowhere and nobody finds out who cast the magic spell. What's your favorite supernatural remedy?

I believe rocks and stones have healing capabilities when certain prerequisites are met: they are all under 200g, but over 20g, they have density under 3.2 g/cm3 and are X amount of years old (trade secret). When those prerequisites are met they have to boiled for 5 minutes minimum. Their healing capabilities depend on the quality and how long it has been boiled for. 15 min is the maximum boiling time, after that they are useless. They can anything from small cuts to a serious fever, broken limbs however, do not grow back despite popular belief.

4. The VHL Players' Association starts up again, after having failed the last few times it was attempted. You've been elected the representative for Davos--what's the first issue you bring up? I would have to think about it.

5. Who's the best VHL player from your home country (either yours or your player's)? Go here and sort by birthplace; feel free to include retired players if you'd like to.

The portal doesn't show old enough players to have all contestants here. Drape- I mean Will's player Aleksi Koponen was pretty damn good. Ruutu's Rauno Palo is pretty good too. There some really old Finnish players who are good too.

6. While you're on the portal, what was the last VHLM team you played for, and what are their chances at a cup right now?

Houston. One of the favorites to win. First in their conference and second in the league.

10 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

4. The VHL Players' Association starts up again, after having failed the last few times it was attempted. You've been elected the representative for Davos--what's the first issue you bring up?

1. Too many cooks in the kitchen trying to run things and no one willing to step back into a supporting role.

2. Gustav. He sabotaged us and pretends we're cursed to hide the fact he actually is a terrible GM.

3. I take Flintstones multivitamin supplement every day to keep doctors and extraterrestrial beings away.

4. Gustav's sabotage. It goes against the Frostbeard Rule.

5. It's Canada on both counts, and I'd say that the best Canadian player in the league at the moment is possibly Lincoln Tate.

6. Hornet played his last M season with the Aces. They are not the Bulls or the Marauders so their chances are as close to zero as imagineable. 

Probably the fact that HC Davos is a cursed franchise. Also, I may or may not have intentionally sabotaged Davos due to a long-standing fued/hatred of the team.

gorlab. In S50 I believe he was drafted to Davos 4th or 5th overall and immediately asked out. Other suspects include beaviss, device, and beketov.

Drinking a jar of pickle juice. It helps for heartburn so it may help out Davos' sim luck.

The fact that +12 tpe jobs exist and shouldn't. Most people who are claiming +12 job pay are leeches.

5. Who's the best VHL player from your home country (either yours or your player's)? Go here and sort by birthplace; feel free to include retired players if you'd like to.

Pretty sure it's Jet Jaguar tbh. I can't remember who else is from Ukraine, but all my players were and Jaguar was probably the best. No i didn't actually look at the link.

The last VHLM team I played for was Halifax 21st. Again, I didn't open the portal, but I think Houston will win the cup this season.

1. Apparently we decided to suck, for no readily explainable reason. Sims as of late have gone horribly, we're currently out of a playoff spot, and even returning to the lines which put us on top of the EU has done nothing to help that. Do you have any idea what happened? What's your best guess

Honestly? Just the sim. It's apparently moody.

Beroka 

Ummm what? Like the show? Let's go with cocaine.

Paying goalies more.

5. Who's the best VHL player from your home country (either yours or your player's)? Go here and sort by birthplace; feel free to include retired players if you'd like to.

Why I am of course

6. While you're on the portal, what was the last VHLM team you played for, and what are their chances at a cup right now?

Ottawa. And I think pretty good

On 8/23/2020 at 12:00 AM, GustavMattias said:

1) Sometimes teams just go through spans where bounces just don’t go their way

2) I heard through the grape vine that a couple guys on Davos were hanging out with someone into voodoo??

3) You gotta burn stuff! Anything and everything lol

4) These dam VOODOO dolls being left around to use on Davos ?

5) In my opinion. SS Hornet is that player rising star

6) Currently playing there in Minnesota we have a good shot just won round 1

1. Why did we lose to Malmo?

2. Who do you want to win the NA conference and why

3. Who do you want to win EU conference and why

4. What are your goals for next season

5. Davos players start playing D&D in the off season which person creates the weirdest character, what is it?

6. Who is the best golfer on Davos?

7. Which player would you like to see Davos draft?

8. If you could take any player from any other team to play for Davos who would it be and why?

9. There are a lot of potential UFAs next season who do you think we should make a bid on?

10. Send me your favourite sporting highlight, I want to see cool plays from other sports!

Unlucky sims. Line chemistry wasn't on point.Things to improve next season.

HC Davos Dynamo, because Davos is the best and will win the cup next season.

Win the cup, play good and win some games.

5. Davos players start playing D&D in the off season which person creates the weirdest character, what is it?

Me, but Jerry Garcia is close, we have both spent a lot of time on the golf fields. I've spent more time. More than I'd like to admit.

7. Which player would you like to see Davos draft?

8. If you could take any player from any other team to play for Davos who would it be and why?

This is a tough one. Eaglesfan, Will or Phil would all be great guys to have on a team. Victor would be my top choice but he's a GM.

9. There are a lot of potential UFAs next season who do you think we should make a bid on?

10. Send me your favourite sporting highlight, I want to see cool plays from other sports!

Not necessarily my favourite play, but any highlight of Marchand getting destroyed is an automatic fav.

Edited by Ahma

What can I say, Sweden players and Sweden teams are top notch

Mmmmm let's say Calgary. I assume they are in.

Malmo. Want to be beaten by the best.

General overall improvement. Let's work on those numbers.

Gustav for sure. Probably runs some weird field medic barbarian.

Beroka. He is from a sunny place.

Jaguar not contributing offensively because of 2 points in puck handling.

I want DCD to win the NA conference. They are the most underdog and I am great friends with @Enorama.

Riga so Codrick Past can go and get another cup and cement his HoF status w/ Jaguar.

Get my DEF to 99 and have some conversations with GMs to ensure my career path stays on trajectory.

Sonnet. It's a south african vocaloid who can harness the energy of the sun and perform photosynthesis. 

6. Which player would you like to see Davos draft?

Anyone but L and R. It's back to hating Davos for this old dog.

• 2 weeks later...

1. What do you think of the new forum.

2. What do you do in the offseason

3. Who do you think will go first in the draft

4. Give a criticism of Gustavs management

5. I was going to put, give a complement to Gustav but who wants that... So if you were to trade yourself where would you go and what would you want in return.

6. Why does Gustav not do press conferences

it is awful. please revert back asap. i get a headache for doing stuff at the forum for too long.

Golf. Chill. Train.

Khrm, I don't even know who's in the draft. So I guess the guy who's 1# in everyone's mock draft.

He is slow with Press Conferences. He sometimes does trades too aggresively.

5. I was going to put, give a complement to Gustav but who wants that... So if you were to trade yourself where would you go and what would you want in return.

Not going to happen. I will never imagine being traded from Davos or even imagine being on another team.

He is lazy and running out of questions to ask.

Already seeing a lot of broken things. Sharing a post URL in particular pissed me off. The text box does seem more responsive and not as glitchy though, so if that's actually the case, it's a fair trade-off for me.

Usually compete for a cup, but with Davos I problem drink and abuse drugs.... Oh, the question is off-ssn not playoff time. I usually do a touch of research for my seasonal BUST OR LICK article.

Aloe Dear aka Renomitsu. Seems like a lock to me. Good luck to him, swell guy.

Doesn't consult his players, and in particular, senior-sim-league players, on potential moves or plans

I'd trade Jaguar to Vancouver because he can't actually play for them and Beaviss would probably give up the most in return for a retired player.

I think he's busy with work or school or some other bullshit. IDK probably actually just lazy.