Is the VHL SOFT like the SHL Now with its Perma Bans

eaglesfan036

First of all, why does no one use the Thunderdome anymore?

Anyways, this is in regards to what @FamishedBlanket said in the VHL Discord, as he dropped the hard r multiple times. I am definitely not condoning the use of this word, but if you search for the hard r on the VHL discord, you'll see many people who have used it before. Should we ban every single one of them as well? Also, can't the blue team just ban the word from being used on VHL and star it out or change it, like how I believe typing S.nubbed turns into FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY? 

Going on SHL while taking a poop and checking their weekly ban thread used to be one of my favorite activities. Now maybe I'll get to do it on VHL too. 

Also, #FreeBoubabi

Edited by eaglesfan036

The whole generation is soft as fuck because you've been brought up in liberal school systems that have melted your brains, made you privileged, whiny little fucks who throw hissy fits when you don't get your way. #oldmanrant

2 minutes ago, Bushito said:

The whole generation is soft as fuck because you've been brought up in liberal school systems that have melted your brains, made you privileged, whiny little fucks who throw hissy fits when you don't get your way. #oldmanrant

Key word - who "brought them up"? Only the same people doing the bitching.

1 minute ago, Fire Hakstol said:

Key word - who "brought them up"? Only the same people doing the bitching.

Liberal teachers who were brainwashed by their liberal funded unions. 

Man-made or natural climate change? Because I know what you are going to say, I do not believe man to this point has influenced climate with his CO2 emissions. Before you go off with your scientific data bullshit I will explain myself. There have been numerous volcanic eruptions on this planet since man showed up that have produced more CO2 in a single burp than the entire history of mankind combined. THE SCIENTISTS, OMG, LOOK AT THE DATA! Yes, I have and I have found just as many that have refuted it than have said it's a sure thing. Scientists get paid and science is just as fluid as anything else, it runs on models, at least this science does and it can be skewed whichever way the person paying for the research wants it. I have been through the Man-made climate change bullshit in the 80's when teachers told us that if we continued on our path snow would not fall in Canada by the year 2000, SCIENTISTS actually predicted this shit. Then I lived through the mass scientific proving that an ice age would be upon us in the early 2000's when I was in high school in the 90's, so many Scientific papers proving these facts and what has changed? Nothing, besides the fact that the earth' population and thus polluters have doubled. Climate change is a multi-billion dollar industry and people are getting rich off of it and using it to push global politics and that my friend scares me so fucking much more than the weather.

12 minutes ago, Tyler said:

http%253A%252F%252Fi.huffpost.com%252Fge

Found Bushito's FB

I would never worry about over-throwing Notley's NDP, she's overthrown herself. The election in Alberta in October will be the biggest landslide in Canadian political history and everything she's done to damage this great province will be reversed. It needs to be before Canada dies.

1 hour ago, Bushito said:

Man-made or natural climate change? Because I know what you are going to say, I do not believe man to this point has influenced climate with his CO2 emissions. Before you go off with your scientific data bullshit I will explain myself. There have been numerous volcanic eruptions on this planet since man showed up that have produced more CO2 in a single burp than the entire history of mankind combined. THE SCIENTISTS, OMG, LOOK AT THE DATA! Yes, I have and I have found just as many that have refuted it than have said it's a sure thing. Scientists get paid and science is just as fluid as anything else, it runs on models, at least this science does and it can be skewed whichever way the person paying for the research wants it. I have been through the Man-made climate change bullshit in the 80's when teachers told us that if we continued on our path snow would not fall in Canada by the year 2000, SCIENTISTS actually predicted this shit. Then I lived through the mass scientific proving that an ice age would be upon us in the early 2000's when I was in high school in the 90's, so many Scientific papers proving these facts and what has changed? Nothing, besides the fact that the earth' population and thus polluters have doubled. Climate change is a multi-billion dollar industry and people are getting rich off of it and using it to push global politics and that my friend scares me so fucking much more than the weather.

Well it's 1 AM and I'm bored soooooooooo.........human CO2 emissions are 60x more annually than volcanic eruptions. You're right that volcanic eruptions may match the rate of human CO2 emissions, but that only lasts for a few hours, not a year. Also keep in mind that CO2 is not the only greenhouse gas; one of the major ones that I'm thinking of is methane, which derives from animal agriculture (mainly cows). While I'll agree that fear-mongering can go a bit too far, it's because the public isn't doing anything lol, they don't care unless it affects them right now.

What has changed you ask? Glaciers are melting at an unprecedented rate; for the past 400,000 years, CO2 in the atmosphere has never been above 300 parts per million, and now it's around 410 parts per million. Unfortunately, I fear it's too late to do much; it's what we call a positive feedback loop. Glaciers have a much higher albedo (reflectivity) than water, so as glaciers melt, the water will absorb more heat from the sun and in turn, cause the oceans to become hotter and more glaciers to melt. Rising sea levels, melting glaciers, rising global temperature, warming oceans; the evidence for climate change is overwhelming, but of course, it's your prerogative to believe conspiracy theories.

How do we know that climate change is caused by these human greenhouse gas emissions? They have records from ice cores that correlate CO2 levels to temperature. 97% of scientists believe in man-made global warming, it’s not a 50-50 split in the scientific community like the main stream media would have you believe. 

Edited by StamkosFan

• Commissioner

Back to the topic that was actually asked: I’ll let @Quik answer. I didn’t see the offensive messages so when he said he wanted to lay down a van I just let him decide what was best. Generally we don’t go straight to permanent so I figured it just have been something pretty awful.

• Commissioner
22 minutes ago, Eudaldkp said:

Lmao how is global warming even up for discussion wtf

Alberta’s entire economy is pretty much based on oil. Global warming puts a huge damper on the oil industry for obvious reasons. There’s definitely reason to doubt global warming when it would crash the economy of your province.

I don’t agree with the thought of course but I can see where it would come from.

So this is an open discussion thread ?

Ok, I'll throw my two cents in: I agree with what Bushito said about everyone whining. It's this PC liberal sjw generation who have been brain washed and molded by the system. Entitled crybaby beta cucks whom are triggered and offended at any and every little thing that they don't agree with. So when they don't get their spoiled little way the tantrum begins and they vent through social media and protest to push their agenda's.

I believe the earth goes through cyclical changes ie. warming/cooling and we may be on a warming cycle. I also believe though that carbon emissions are speeding up the natural warming cycle that the planet is going through.

I believe Bettman is tapping into the American  market because he wants revenue for the league and he probably lines his pockets as well.

He's the idiot that had introduced the glowing puck for a period and it was a disaster. I also think he had a hand in removing the two line pass and brought in the OT shoot out which detracts from the original game. 

Vaccinations, are controversial and I think for example a pneuomoccial shot for sufferer's of COPD may be beneficial like myself, but I don't think you really need flu shots or bird flu shots etc. My former physician told me outright that the flu shot/pneuomoccial shot is pretty safe but those other shots they push the public to take on tv are bs. Remember the H1N1 and the Aisan Bird Flu empidemic? He told me both drugs were passed by the FDA and Canada's own version of the FDA. He told me not to take either ( he wouldn't take em ) because the pharmaceutical companies that made the vaccines only tested them on pigs for six months. He said you don't know wtf was in them and what long term effects they would have. And all the free inclusive conferences he gets are paid for by the drug companies. It's all about them making $$ and a lot of the drugs are worse than their benefits.

2 hours ago, Beketov said:

Alberta’s entire economy is pretty much based on oil. Global warming puts a huge damper on the oil industry for obvious reasons. There’s definitely reason to doubt global warming when it would crash the economy of your province. 

I don’t agree with the thought of course but I can see where it would come from.

I mean I wouldn't say it's a reason to "doubt" global warming on its own. But the oil companies have put millions and millions of dollars in to essentially lie machine echo chambers on the internet and TV in order to convince people that it's a lie. Which is where you get the "50/50 split" lie that Bushito told above that was debunked.

9 hours ago, Bushito said:

Climate change is a multi-billion dollar industry and people are getting rich off of it and using it to push global politics and that my friend scares me so fucking much more than the weather.

And then we have the classic projection move. Amazing. Bravo sir.

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, Tyler said:

I mean I wouldn't say it's a reason to "doubt" global warming on its own. But the oil companies have put millions and millions of dollars in to essentially lie machine echo chambers on the internet and TV in order to convince people that it's a lie. Which is where you get the "50/50 split" lie that Bushito told above that was debunked.

That’s a more eloquent way of putting it yeah. I’m not saying there’s a scientific basis for the lie but if you get fed only a lie you believe it to be true. It’s why the American South where they can only get fox gets so fucked up. 

On the topic of the ban:

Filtered or not, his use of the word, simply put, constitutes hate speech. This also wasn't an instance of just using the word. The context it was used in, as well as other actions/statements all lead to the ban.

Like I said in the discord, I'm fine with people making lewd jokes and crossing into gray territory, when the context of the conversation shows it wasn't done in a malicious way. What I don't tolerate is hate speech, or threats to other members, that are clearly not framed in a joking manner. Famished's statements were unnecessary, and, frankly, he used up 3 strikes in short order with them.

2 minutes ago, Beketov said:

That’s a more eloquent way of putting it yeah. I’m not saying there’s a scientific basis for the lie but if you get fed only a lie you believe it to be true. It’s why the American South where they can only get fox gets so fucked up. 

Lol yea I wasn't really commenting on your post, just adding to it. It isn't the only thing they get access to, but it's what they like because it tells them what they want to hear. "The problem today is young people not you you did nothing wrong your kids just don't respect you because of liberals and communists." Not that it's difficult to trick these people (look at how many grifters on the right have thousand dollar patreons), but it's really an amazing example of propaganda in action. Should be studied in the future, assuming we have a future.

I always loved the disconnect the fox news/the rebel audience has where they say people get so offended these days but live on outrage culture. Remember the War on Christmas? How many old fucks shit their pants, and continue to shit their pants, over a black santa or Colin Kapernick lol. And let's not even dive in to the political correctness that surrounded the Iraq War. Most see through projection of all time.