Calgary Wranglers press conference

diamond_ace

1) Vincent Laroche Gagnier is having a breakout season! What’s the reason for his success?!

I'd suggest that perhaps he is on some kind of Performance Enhancing Drug. I hope he gets busted!

2) Rumor has it, a number of Calgary Prospects will be spending another season down in the VHLE. Do you think it benefits them to spend an extra season training to make a bigger impact when they make the jump up or do you think getting up to the VHL as soon as possible is better?

I think elevation to the VHL as quickly as possible is the best way. Get them into the true VHL environment.

3) Im going to turn the attention away from Calgary and talk about the surprises of the league. Helsinki has to be the biggest surprise! They should have been a shoe in for a wild card spot but look to have the 1st OA pick in their sight. What went wrong?

It's Helsinki. Is anyone truly surprised that they suck?

4) Which team has surprised you most? DC’s success or LA’s failures?

I'll be perfectly honest. I haven't checked the NA standings at all this season. If LA sucks, then that's probably the pick of those two options.

5) Favourite candy?! 

Charleston Chew. I could eat that shit for dinner.

6) What TV series is your guilty pleasure?!

I'm very late, but I've only just found "Barry" and binged the first 3 seasons this week. About to watch S4 tomorrow probably.

5 hours ago, Ricer13 said:

image.png

Press Conference for week ending July 16 2023

1) Vincent Laroche Gagnier is having a breakout season! What’s the reason for his success?!

2) Rumor has it, a number of Calgary Prospects will be spending another season down in the VHLE. Do you think it benefits them to spend an extra season training to make a bigger impact when they make the jump up or do you think getting up to the VHL as soon as possible is better?

3) Im going to turn the attention away from Calgary and talk about the surprises of the league. Helsinki has to be the biggest surprise! They should have been a shoe in for a wild card spot but look to have the 1st OA pick in their sight. What went wrong?

5) Favourite candy?! 

1. He wants to take over from Janser as the LR leader, so he emulates the work ethic of the Captain.

2. It is situational. If we need the people in the roster, take them up, if not let them mature in the E.

3. They are tanking for the S91 first round pick to get CGY Janser

4. I did not really pay attention. But I guess LA flaking seems more of a surprise to me.

5. So many... Coca Cola Frogs gives me fond memories of my childhood, so I go with these.

6. Witcher, and the Rookie as of recent.

On 7/9/2023 at 9:11 PM, Ricer13 said:

image.png

5) Favourite candy?! 

1) Solid coaching, lots of hard work and dedication…and being surrounded by total offensive studs are all contributing factors. 
2) I think getting TPE in the E definitely has a lot of benefits. I think whatever Ricer13 decides as far as who gets called up, will be the right move…he’s been an awesome GM!

3) I think some unlucky sims play a factor. Maybe not playing around with line combos? I’m still so new that wrapping my head around why sims go well or don’t is tough. 
4) I would say LAs struggles…they seem to have some really solid players, so it’s surprising to not see them higher up in the standings. 
5) Peanut Butter Twix! 
6) Jersey Shore, the original season! Lol such trash, but definitely entertaining! 

On 7/10/2023 at 12:11 AM, Ricer13 said:

5) Favourite candy?! 

1. The reason for his success is simple: he's a very talented player with a strong work ethic, and that is a recipe for success in the VHL. The flashes were there the past two seasons, and now the rest of the league is seeing how good he truly is.

2. It's not just whether a player is ready to come up, it's whether or not the VHL team itself is ready for them. If they aren't auto-promoting, then they can afford to get that extra time to grow, and then they'll be primed to be an awesome rookie.

3. Is anyone really surprised Helsinki is struggling? They're the most poorly managed franchise in the league. They didn't even sign their own draft picks this season for crying out loud. I wouldn’t be surprised if the VHL commissioners intervene and there's a new regime next season. 

4. Honestly, I did not expect DC to bounce back like this as quickly as they did, and that goes to show you what great management like John Frostbeard and strong goaltending from Bubbles Utonium can get you. 

5. I love Sour Patch Kids!! I can eat an entire bag if my discipline is weak enough, but my mouth hates me for it. 

6. I love Bluey, and have watched it without my child present. It's not just for kids, it's just as much for the parents!

image.png

PRESS CONFERENCE WEEK ENDING JULY 23 2023

1. Looks like Calgary will lock up a playoff spot! Would you call this regular season a success?!

2. Three points behind Vancouver for 2nd place. Can we catch them?! 
3. Looking back on your players season, would you call it a success?!  Highlight you success or failures.

4. If Calgary were to be relocated, which NA city and EU city would be your top choices for relocation?

5. Tell me a riddle!

6. What is your favourite genre of video game and your favourite game from that genre?

On 7/10/2023 at 12:11 AM, Ricer13 said:

image.png

5) Favourite candy?! 

1. Clearly it's because he has been eating his vitamins and saying his prayers at night. What a season!

2. Getting to experience another culture and learn from the experience can't hurt. They'll have skills they can then adapt to the Calgary system once they're here.

3. Rumour has it Tina is secretly running things behind the scenes with a bit of a habit for yelling at his teammates. The absolute fear Helsinki feels when Tina is around derails their games!

4. I'm always more surprised to see teams that are expected to be good and fall apart. The reasons why are much more interesting than a random hot team.

5. Rockets/Smarties depending on where you live.

6. I'm a big anime guy and Yuri on Ice absolutely moved me. What a cute story.

56 minutes ago, Ricer13 said:

image.png

1. Looks like Calgary will lock up a playoff spot! Would you call this regular season a success?!

3. Looking back on your players season, would you call it a success?!  Highlight you success or failures.

4. If Calgary were to be relocated, which NA city and EU city would be your top choices for relocation?

5. Tell me a riddle!

6. What is your favourite genre of video game and your favourite game from that genre?

1. A playoff spot is necessary for getting a shot at the Cup. Thus I would call it a success regular season.

2. All it take is the type of luck created by hard work and Vancouver can be caught.

3. It has been a rocky season. I had a bad time in Vasteras. I feel better that I am now in Geneva but it is still a stretch to call the season success right now.

4. For NA, I would say Edmonton or Portland. For EU, Amsterdam of Madrid.

5. I have a bank, yet I have no money. I have a bed, yet I always run. I have a head, yet I never cry. I both give life and take it. I am everywhere. What am I?

6. I have enjoyed JRPG recently. Fire Emblem: Three Houses and Zenoblade Chronicles 3 have been amazing games to play.

4 hours ago, Ricer13 said:

image.png

5. Tell me a riddle!

1. We were not as consistent as one would wish, but every season one makes the playoffs is a good season.

2. I think it is not overly important if we do or don't. We need to beat them 4 times to get to the next round I do not care whether we beat them at home or away.

3. DJ is not as dominant as he used to be (and that is good) but still contributed to the teams success (and still is the best player in the league on the hash marks). Failures: I would not say failure, as it is inevitable but going to retire such a successful first attempt on a player smarts a bit.

4. Maybe Sion in Switzerland who is embedded in the Rhone valley. In NA maybe Salt Lake City (for no specific reason other than Utah not having a hockey franchise I know of).

5. What do I hold in my hand? (if you know, you know)

6. Open world games appeal to me and amongst them RDR2 is probably the best of them yet.

1. Looks like Calgary will lock up a playoff spot! Would you call this regular season a success?! A success certainly but no one remembers what you do in the regular season, the only banners that matter are the ones earned in the postseason. Time to go to work.

2. Three points behind Vancouver for 2nd place. Can we catch them?!  We absolutely can. We're fucking good and peaking at the right time. Watch out.
3. Looking back on your players season, would you call it a success?!  Highlight you success or failures. Definitely. Keep growing keep building keep grinding out wins and points. All have led to success.

4. If Calgary were to be relocated, which NA city and EU city would be your top choices for relocation? Asheville, North Carolina. Cincinnati, Ohio. Madison, Wisconsin.

5. Tell me a riddle! Riddle me this riddle me that who's afraid of the big bad bat

6. What is your favourite genre of video game and your favourite game from that genre? Sports but i like some RPG, the Walking Dead storytellling game was really fucking good too.

On 7/16/2023 at 10:31 PM, Ricer13 said:

image.png

5. Tell me a riddle!

1. All the regular season is for is determining who gets to compete for the Cup, and we are one of those teams!

2. Absolutely! We should have a strange late season boom that gives us too much confidence.

3. Not in the slightest, I have simply decided to be mid. But hey we had success throughout the lineup and that's what matters!
4. I definitely think there needs to be a team in Minnesota or Boston as those are huge hockey hubs. In Europe I think Madrid or Bern should get another shot!
5. What has a bottom at the top?

6. I play mostly management/strategy games, and then RPGs. My top games are Rimworld, Eastside Hockey Manager, Factorio, Skyrim and Cities Skylines. I have also unfortunately gotten hooked on Rocket League (no I'm not good).

5. Tell me a riddle!

1. It's a good season for sure, but sending Janser out on top as a winner would be the ultimate success.

2. Definitely, keep playing your game and you'll gain that ground!

3. Statistically, it's a bust for YaBoi. However, the VHLM doesn't define a player, and learning from this season could very well lead to success at the next level. 

4. Quebec would need to get a team back if it was NA, and if it was the EU... Berlin. Bring VHL hockey back to the fatherland!

5. Milk is the fastest beverage on the planet. Wanna know how?

6. I love an immersive RPG, and I think Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic was my absolute favorite of them. 

21 minutes ago, Doomsday said:

1. It's a good season for sure, but sending Janser out on top as a winner would be the ultimate success.

2. Definitely, keep playing your game and you'll gain that ground!

3. Statistically, it's a bust for YaBoi. However, the VHLM doesn't define a player, and learning from this season could very well lead to success at the next level. 

4. Quebec would need to get a team back if it was NA, and if it was the EU... Berlin. Bring VHL hockey back to the fatherland!

5. Milk is the fastest beverage on the planet. Wanna know how?

6. I love an immersive RPG, and I think Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic was my absolute favorite of them. 

I love me some KOTOR. Frosty streamed it a few months back.

image.png

5. Tell me a riddle!

1. As successful as me answering press conference questions before a Sunday! Looking forward to another cup run.
2. I think momentum is building up quite nicely for us so hopefully we'll be able to get it done. 
3. I think Braun has exceeded expectations. Would've been another inactive for the Toast agency if it weren't for Calgary!

4. I'm partial to my SHL roots here but would be nice to see a Montreal team or one in San Francisco!

5. Two fathers and two sons are in a car, yet there are only three people in the car. How?
6. I got quite a few genres I enjoy but Fire Emblem has always been a stand-out turn-based strategy game to me. 

On 7/16/2023 at 7:31 PM, Ricer13 said:

image.png

5. Tell me a riddle!

1) I think making the playoffs in an league in any season is a success…gives you a shot at the ‘ship!

2) Vancouver has been playing tough and we’ve had a rough streak of sims…it’s possible though!

3) it’s been a rough go point wise for Ol Rip…but I think being given the opportunity to play in the show is a success. 
4) San Diego, awesome climate, bear the beach. Fun nightlife and good food as well! 
5) what kind of keys hang from trees? MonKEYs. Lol 

6) Sports, NHL 23…although goldeneye on N64 is one of the GOATS!

image.png

Press Conference Week Ending July 30th 2023

1. It’s playoff time!! How far do you think this current Wranglers roster will go this post season!?

2. The Wranglers are about to enter a tough position with aging talent and young prospects. Should they fully commit to a rebuild and move on from aging players to help speed it up or should they sell off a few prospects to help keep the contention window open for the remainder of these aging players careers?

3. Prediction time! Who wins the Continental Cup? Pick 1 team from each conference. 
4. What’s an idea you have for another 2 TPE task we could add to the options we have now?

5. Do you like to go fishing? Have you ever caught a fish? Or do you despise fishing?

6. When was the last time you attended a wedding? Was it a good time? 

1 hour ago, Ricer13 said:

image.png

1. It’s playoff time!! How far do you think this current Wranglers roster will go this post season!?

2. The Wranglers are about to enter a tough position with aging talent and young prospects. Should they fully commit to a rebuild and move on from aging players to help speed it up or should they sell off a few prospects to help keep the contention window open for the remainder of these aging players careers?

3. Prediction time! Who wins the Continental Cup? Pick 1 team from each conference. 
4. What’s an idea you have for another 2 TPE task we could add to the options we have now?

5. Do you like to go fishing? Have you ever caught a fish? Or do you despise fishing?

1. I think we are just as ready as anyone to win this thing! Lets just hope the offense gets rolling, and Dilson is ready for the challenge!
2. I think with the 91 and soon 93 classes being as dominant as they look to be, it makes a lot of sense to commit to gaining from those huge classes in a rebuild.
3. Calgary and Riga! I think Riga is going to blow up the playoffs this season with a really well rounded and emerging roster.

4. I think putting together a social media post outline (taking your own or another person's graphic and coming up with a clever caption) could be a cool way to do some multimedia stuff.

5. I only ever fished as a kid with way too much energy and absolutely no patience. I think I'd like it now, but I didn't LOVE it back then.

6. Oh it has been many many years now thankfully. Although again, I was a kid, and sitting for hours watching a couple adults do a ritual wasn't my definition of fun, I'm sure a friend's wedding would be far more enjoyable.

1 hour ago, Ricer13 said:

image.png

1. I feel it would be a disappointment if this squad doesn't make it to at least the division semifinals.

2. It depends on if the young guns are truly ready to step up. I feel the squad is good for one more cup run.

3. Seattle vrs Moscow. Moscow wins.

4. Tick Tock or some other form of  short video.

5. Is this a trick question? I love fishing. I catch fish to eat and it always tastes good.

6. My brother's wedding was a couple of months ago. I was a groomsmen and so nervous. After the ceremony and photos, it was a good time.

5 hours ago, Ricer13 said:

1. All the way, baby. This one's for Janser!!

2. I feel like a re-tool is the best option. There's a talented young goalie in Dilson, a star in the making in VLG, and players entering their prime. The right moves can keep the party rolling even with Janser hanging up the skates. 

3. Calgary from the NA, Davos from the EU.

4. Twitter accounts for VHL players, with a certain amount of posts to claim 2 TPE.

5. I have fished when I was younger, and I did catch fish! However, as an adult I have not gone fishing. Not really too thrilled about gutting my own catch. 

6. Back in May, the reception was a murder mystery show as well! Very unique and certainly not one I'll forget. 

On 7/24/2023 at 12:19 PM, Ricer13 said:

image.png

1. I had hopes that we would make another decent run but unfortunately it wasn't to be. I've had a blast with this group competing though!

2. It does seem time to address the age gap of the group and start focusing on the youth of the Wranglers. I won't be surprised to see some pros move on for youth/picks.

3. It seems like Davos and Vancouver have the most momentum behind them!

4. A rotating forum game for each week of the season (tell a story, association game, etc)

5. I've been fishing a couple times and it seems relaxing enough. Never caught one though!

6. All weddings I've attended have been a good time. Last one was a couple years ago now but was great! They're some of our best friends and it was lovely to support them on a special day. Plus it was open bar!!

image.png

Calgary Presser week ending August 6 2023

1. The Wranglers have been eliminated from the playoffs. Do you agree with GM Rice’s move to take this team into a new direction?

2. Of the four teams remaining, who would you like to see win the cup?

3. Daniel Janser has retired. First ballot hall of famer?!?

4. Which prospect in the Wranglers system has the brightest future?

5. What’s scarier, being in a plane crash but surviving or being stranded in the middle of the ocean for 2 weeks before being found?!

6. Cats or dogs? Why?

2 hours ago, Ricer13 said:

image.png

1. The Wranglers have been eliminated from the playoffs. Do you agree with GM Rice’s move to take this team into a new direction?

5. What’s scarier, being in a plane crash but surviving or being stranded in the middle of the ocean for 2 weeks before being found?!

6. Cats or dogs? Why?

1. Given the current strength of Vancouver and Seattle compared to us I understand the reasoning for a rebuild.

2. I would have to say  HC Davos Dynamo if only so the Marcel can retired on top.

3. No doubt. He was the best of that generation of players.

4. Fradin McGryer. My hard hitting defensive friend is ready for the big league.

5. I will have to say being stranded in th the middle of the ocean because depending on where the plain crashes, you might find resources necessary to survive. In the ocean, your options and resources are limited.

6. Dogs both need and give more affection than cats show.

On 7/24/2023 at 9:19 AM, Ricer13 said:

image.png

1) We definitely put up a good effort, but unfortunately fell short 

2) Whatever the big boss Ricer thinks is best! 

3) Seattle, Riga. 
4) Best weekly chirp! Love some old school shit talking! 
5) late in life, but love to fish! Love being on the water…hanging with the boys…catching a keeper is just a bonus!

6) awesome wedding, got Schumacked and made bad decisions…it was awesome! 

1) I agree with how ricer is taking the team but I don't really care as long as everyone is okay with it and the looker room is positive and is nice.

2) New York

3) Yeah he was really good

4) Myself, not to be self centered but I'm the only goalie prospect im also the only goalie if MexicanCow gets traded but that's probably not happening anytime soon and I'm only 16 years old with nearly 300 tpe

5) Being stranded in the middle of the ocean

6) Dogs just look in discord and look at my messages and also they are super cute

On 7/30/2023 at 6:12 PM, Ricer13 said:

image.png

6. Cats or dogs? Why?

1. I will blindly follow Ricer until the end of time. 

2. I suppose probably the Wolves, because I like wolves. 

3. I don't know the first thing about him but I'm going to go ahead and say absolutely, yes. 

4. Probably Joe Block because he is me. 

5. Being stranded in the ocean would probably be scarier. 

6. Dogs because cats are horrid and vile. 

1. The Wranglers have been eliminated from the playoffs. Do you agree with GM Rice’s move to take this team into a new direction? I'm not sure what direction we're going in because I'm new, but whatever our GM wants to do, I'm in for it!!

2. Of the four teams remaining, who would you like to see win the cup? None of them. If it ain't us, it ain't no one.

3. Daniel Janser has retired. First ballot hall of famer?!? First ballot Hall of Famer and first class dude at that. Big fan.

4. Which prospect in the Wranglers system has the brightest future? I'd hope Steve Lattimer! I want to make the Wranglers proud and honor my old VHLE team at the same time, Istanbul.

5. What’s scarier, being in a plane crash but surviving or being stranded in the middle of the ocean for 2 weeks before being found?! Depends on where the plane crashed?

6. Cats or dogs? Why? Both. Living Together. But I have 3 dogs so maybe my actions say one thing, words say another.