Calgary Wranglers press conference

diamond_ace

On 6/8/2021 at 5:39 PM, Patrik Tallinder said:

un43AKv.jpg

// TO CLAIM FOR WEEK ENDING 06/13 //

1. What has been the most memorable game for you so far this season?

2. Do you have any plans for theme week? Anything you've already posted?

3. What excites you most about our team's future?

4. When you created your player, what were your career goals?

5. How have those goals changed since then?

6. If you were inducted into the VHL Hall of Fame, what would be the opening line to your speech?

1. Probably the game where I got my first VHL goal. That was a special night.

2. I did an interview about my thoughts on the vhle.

3. I think with the growth that the team is going through we have an exciting future that has the possibility to be extremely successful.

4. To just be as a big as a contributor as possible.

5. No not really. Right now my focus has moved towards updating and progressing as much as possible.

6. "I did what now?"

On 6/8/2021 at 3:39 PM, Patrik Tallinder said:

un43AKv.jpg

6. If you were inducted into the VHL Hall of Fame, what would be the opening line to your speech?

1. I dunno, one of the ones where I got a hat trick.

2. Thoughts on the VHLE

3. Some solid young guns coming up

4. HOF

5. Still the same

6. Intentionally tanking my draft stock truly was the wisest decision I have ever made.

Slowly transitioning to the AGM role and will be posting PC going forward. I will be keeping the same format as I believe it has worked pretty well so far!

un43AKv.jpg

// TO CLAIM FOR WEEK ENDING 06/20 //

1. 19 games left, what do the Wranglers have to focus on to keep that playoff drive going?

2. What is the one question you want to bring to your new AGM to bring to the table when he has his first meeting with the GM?

3. Share with us what equipment you use so that we can stock up on your favorites! (Sticks and Skates)

4. What's something in particular that motivates you before a game?

5. Who on our team has the smallest hands?

6. If you were teaching your child to play hockey what move would you teach them to dominate the game?

On 6/8/2021 at 2:39 PM, Patrik Tallinder said:

un43AKv.jpg

1. Hitting the game winning shootout goal a couple of games ago.

2. Just going to claim from the SBA.

3. Our team finally gaining the experience to make noise in the playoffs.

4. Wanted to be a high goal scorer who had some assists.

5.  Focused more on assists and less on goals.

6. The oldest 16 year old in the Hall of Fame.

15 hours ago, Greg_Di said:

Slowly transitioning to the AGM role and will be posting PC going forward. I will be keeping the same format as I believe it has worked pretty well so far!

un43AKv.jpg

1. 19 games left, what do the Wranglers have to focus on to keep that playoff drive going?

2. What is the one question you want to bring to your new AGM to bring to the table when he has his first meeting with the GM?

3. Share with us what equipment you use so that we can stock up on your favorites! (Sticks and Skates)

6. If you were teaching your child to play hockey what move would you teach them to dominate the game?

1. We need consistent scoring up and down the lineup, especially with the added depth from this season’s trades.

2. Ask Ricer why he drafted that bust Nils Tallinder 1st overall!

3. I usually like Bauer Supreme or CCM Tacks stuff.

4. We’re right in the thick of the playoff race, so I know that every game could be the difference between making it and not.

5. I’d like to imagine Askarov or Clapbombs using a mini sticks blocker and trapper, so I’ll say one of the goalies has the smallest hands.

6. The Michigan lol - could you imagine a 6 year old kid doing that when the other kids can’t lift the puck

I'd suggest trading for an underwhelming forward who's played for at least three teams already before his rookie deal has expired.

Why the hell would you waste time on trading for the above-mentioned player? Madness!

Whatever is the cheapest. No sense wasting money on elite equipment on me!

Knowing that the fans and media will be chasing other players afterwards, and I can just walk out of the arena unnoticed.

I have only just arrived so to be completely honest I'm not sure. It's also something that I'm happy to avoid finding out.

I'd skate around showing them my skillset. Then tell them to do the opposite.

On 6/13/2021 at 7:10 PM, Greg_Di said:

un43AKv.jpg

1. 19 games left, what do the Wranglers have to focus on to keep that playoff drive going? Just get as much points as possible. Every game matters

2. What is the one question you want to bring to your new AGM to bring to the table when he has his first meeting with the GM? Why’s ricer so fat? And when do we get boom shack ?

3. Share with us what equipment you use so that we can stock up on your favorites! (Sticks and Skates) wood sticks gotta keep it old school 

4. What's something in particular that motivates you before a game? Just the music/ fans/ blood pumping feeling

5. Who on our team has the smallest hands? I’d say I don’t want to find out 

6. If you were teaching your child to play hockey what move would you teach them to dominate the game?  Triple deke and how to drop the mitts of course 

On 6/13/2021 at 4:10 PM, Greg_Di said:

un43AKv.jpg

1. We just need to focus on the process, we can definitely do this!

2. I honestly don’t know.

3. Bauer has always been my favourite!

4. I definitely listen to heavy metal before every game! The heavier the better!

5. Tina, definitely dainty hands

6. The goalie sweep!

On 6/13/2021 at 7:10 PM, Greg_Di said:

un43AKv.jpg

1. We have to stay focused and take it one day at a time.

2. Why does Ricer have such a big obsession with hot dogs.

3. I like Bauer and ccm for most of my equipment!!

4. My teammates. Seeing how pumped they are to get on to the ice and to see there drive to win. It's really inspiring to see.

5. Uh I don't know. Very odd question I must say.

6. I would teach them how to protect the puck well when someone is on them.

un43AKv.jpg

1. Man, I feel like we're playing good team games but just not getting the bounces. Maybe we need to juggle the lines a little bit, but I feel like we have the pieces right now to be in the postseason. We do take too many penalties though.

2. Are we finally going to be allowed to bring strippers on the team jet?

3. In real life I am wearing low-end CCM skates, and currently using a Warrior twig. My favourite stick ever was a Bauer Supreme P88 (Kane curve).

4. I like to take a deep breath and look out at the glassy smooth ice, then take a look to at the people beside, because they're the ones I'm playing for.

5. I want to say Prout to make a "small hands, small ****" joke, but it's gotta be Chris Foley, that dude is tiny.

6. Head-fake then explode into a sprint. Even if the defender doesn't bite, there's a good chance they're going to be in a 50-50 position with where you might be able to turn the corner on them or else make them take a penalty.

un43AKv.jpg

// TO CLAIM FOR WEEK ENDING 06/27 //

1. What team do you think is the Wranglers biggest rival? Why?

2. We have 8 games left and on a 3 game winning streak, do you think we can end the season with no more losses?

3. Which player on the Wranglers do you most look forward to seeing their weekly media spots or graphics?

4. With the season close to an end, have you reached the goals you set out for your player?

5. Thornton (77), Perry(76) and Su (74) are the top 3 in scoring on the Wranglers, who do you think will finish on top once the season is over?

6. Say one thing about your player that your team-mates may not know about them?

Chicago. They are always in our way in the last 5 seasons.

2. We have 8 games left and on a 3 game winning streak, do you think we can end the season with no more losses?

I don't think so, tough schedule and we are tired. Hopefully we can win most of them though.

3. Which player on the Wranglers do you most look forward to seeing their weekly media spots or graphics?

I barely pay attention to media spots and graphics so I didn't even know my teammates had some.

4. With the season close to an end, have you reached the goals you set out for your player?

Yes, I did. I'm still hoping to hit 50 goals tho

5. Thornton (77), Perry(76) and Su (74) are the top 3 in scoring on the Wranglers, who do you think will finish on top once the season is over?

Probably Perry cuz he has better linemates meaning Phil to pass the rock.

6. Say one thing about your player that your team-mates may not know about them?

He's Onde Sandstrom brother

un43AKv.jpg

1. Getting our offense on track and supporting whoever is in goal.

2. Why does our gm quad so much

3. Bauer and CCM.

4. The hope of getting points 

5. I will keep that private

6. Get their slapshot top notch and how to deke like a superstar. 

Edited by Ty343

I've only just arrived but I'd say Seattle. They just seem like dicks. I've also reserved a special place on my shit list for the Legion....

Hahahaha, good one. Oh, you're serious. Umm, not to be negative but that's a tad optimistic.

I enjoy Prouts ramblings and Phil's podcast. I'm sure there are other good ones, but I'm not here too often tbh.

If those goals were to be even worse than last season and disappoint, then yes, I've crushed them!

Whoever shares a line with Odinsson because he certainly isn't going to steal their scoring opportunities.

He is incredibly close to retiring. 

15 hours ago, Greg_Di said:

un43AKv.jpg

1. Seattle probably, but Chicago has been the new villain the past few seasons.

2. Unfortunately we didn't, but I think we could definitely finish the season strong with 4 or 5 more wins.

3. Probably you or Ricer because your content is often about the team.

4. Definitely not, but I'm not worried about it. My time will come, so no use in being impatient with individual results.

5. I'm picking Thornton.

6. Nils is the last Tallinder, and my next player will have a different name.

On 6/20/2021 at 7:27 AM, Greg_Di said:

un43AKv.jpg

1. I don't really know what we have in the way of rivals. Maybe New York or DC because we seem find ourselves battling in the standings? Vancouver because they're geographically closest? Chicago because they traded me?

2. Would be pretty wild to win 11 straight to end the season, so I'm going to say no, unfortunately.

3. Phil "The Rock" Johnson, he gets me.

4. Was hoping to be a point-per-game player, above 50% in faceoffs, and a plus player. The plus/minus goal is the only one I achieved.

5. My money had been on Perry, but since I am filling this out late in the week it was Thornton that took the crown.

6. Don't tell the Calgary fans, but I am really not a fan of country music.

un43AKv.jpg

1. Im not really too sure, maybe Vancouver just because of the Calgary/Vancouver rivalry.

2. I’m also not to sure I have been in the back country for the last week with no reception to keep track of everything.

3. Perry has had some sick media spots and Ricer has been pumping out graphics, its been interesting to see those two working.

4. Not a chance. This season has been really hard for me to stay focused.

5. Hoping to see all of those three put the work in over the next bit, best of luck to the three of them in the race!

6. My player eats a-lot of cheese. In secret when no one is looking!

Keep playing good defensive hockey and score on the chances that we are getting.

How much will Luke Thornton have as a bonus next season?

I just love BAUER stuff. I don't really care what I use tho.

When my baby girl encourages me before the game.

Probably askarov, can't make a glove save to save his life. Just kidding.

The Lacrosse so he can go wild in the internet. If you want to be recognized, the media is the most important way to do so

un43AKv.jpg

// TO CLAIM FOR WEEK ENDING 07/04 //

1. The Wranglers made the playoffs! How is you're player feeling?

2. How do you think we will do against the Bears?

3. Does your player have any playoff rituals?

4. What is your current players all-time favorite VHL playoff moment?

5. What is the key area the Wranglers will have to focus on, in order to win this series?

6. If we win the first round, who would you rather play? DC or Chicago? Why?

21 minutes ago, Greg_Di said:

un43AKv.jpg

5. What is the key area the Wranglers will have to focus on, in order to win this series?

1. Perry’s first playoff experience in the VHL! Ready to do whatever it takes to help his team win! 

2. Monster start! But don’t expect the reigning champs to go down easy! Calgary win in 6 

3. Poutine for breakfast at 6 am, and poutine for lunch at 1:30 pm.

4. Going up 2-0 on the defending champs in their own building!

5. defence!!! Our offence will come, we need to keep Seattle’s fire power in check and help Askarov the best we can.

6. Chicago! To be the best you gotta beat the best! 

39 minutes ago, Greg_Di said:

un43AKv.jpg

Hyped to make a playoff run

Tough 7 game series where we win

Nothing special

Winning a cup with VAN in S74.

Special teams

DC, I think we'll have an easier time againist them.

un43AKv.jpg

1. Seattle because we have to face them in the first round.

2. Yea I didn't think so, it's hard to win 11 in a row.

3. Probably Phil, he's a very interesting character.

4. Well I did get more points, but less goals was concerning to me.

5. I put my money on Luke, because he has getting points for years now.

6. He hasn't tasted alcohol yet. 

Pretty good. Although he hasn't contributed much, it's good to see the other Wranglers excited to be in the post season.

Well it's been a solid 2-0 start but you can never count out Seattle. The team must not let off the accelerator.

I'd pray to some kind of god, but let's face it, nothing short of voodoo would be of benefit to Odinsson.

None. I concentrate on the now, rather then look back at history that I'll probably forget in a months time anyway.

Defense. Shutting down the Bears potent scoring is key to continuing in this seasons playoffs.

I'd rather concentrate on the current series. I'm not going to look like an idiot talking about DC or Chicago, then getting smashed by Seattle instead.

1. The Wranglers made the playoffs! How is you're player feeling?

As a GM I am very thrilled for our team, they worked hard to get here and they deserve it.

Going against the Bears is no easy task. They are loaded with great talent. We will have our hands full.

My playoff ritual is to remind everyone to stay humble. I’m victory and defeat!

My player hasn’t had a playoff moment yet…RIP Davos

Defense. If we can keep their chances to the outside and allow Askarov to see them then we should be fine!

Neither hahaha. Both teams did very well against us in the Regular season but if I had too pick one then Chicago. I want to beat the best.

On 6/27/2021 at 10:20 PM, Greg_Di said:

un43AKv.jpg

1. Nervous but also super excited to be able to play in the playoffs.

2. I think we have a pretty good shot of beating them in all honesty.

3. No, he just likes to stick to his normal pregame routines.

4. This being my first time in the playoffs I don't have any memories.

5. Keeping it tight defensively and capitalizing on scoring chances.

6. Chicago just to see if we would be able to beat the best of the best. I think it would prove alot if we could.