Calgary Wranglers press conference

diamond_ace

1. Playoffs! I think we will be good enough to make playoffs. We almost did this past season.

2. At 1 Calgary would be wise to take Tallinder but there are a number of good options.

3. Reylynn Reinhart would be running a world wide event hosting conglomerate. 
4. Train, Train, Train!!!

5. Put us on the spot why don’t ya. Knowing me I’d say something about being grateful and appreciative of the fans. 
6. My plus/minus. Offensive numbers were fine but defensive not so much.

12 hours ago, Patrik Tallinder said:

un43AKv.jpg

// TO CLAIM FOR WEEK ENDING 05/16 //

1. What are you hoping to accomplish in S78?

2. We have landed the first and sixth overall picks in the draft? Is there anyone you have your eyes on in the draft?

3. If your player started their own company, what kind of products/services would that company provide?

4. Does your player play any other sports in the offseason, or do they just train for the next hockey season?

5. Let's say we win the cup one of these upcoming seasons and we're at the parade in Calgary. You have the mic with thousands of fans directly in front of you. What do you say to the crowd?

6. What is one stat that you would like to see improve for your player next season?

1. Point per game is the ultimate goal, but I'd like the Wranglers to get past the wildcard series

2. Hard Markinson looks really good

3. Hmm, probably some sort of sports drink, probably the only thing he specializes in lol

4. I find soccer is a good outlet and great for getting your feet involved

5. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCQJp4DQob8 

6. I'd like to improve my faceoffs for sure

18 hours ago, Patrik Tallinder said:

un43AKv.jpg

2. We have landed the first and sixth overall picks in the draft? Is there anyone you have your eyes on in the draft?

3. If your player started their own company, what kind of products/services would that company provide?

4. Does your player play any other sports in the offseason, or do they just train for the next hockey season?

5. Let's say we win the cup one of these upcoming seasons and we're at the parade in Calgary. You have the mic with thousands of fans directly in front of you. What do you say to the crowd?

6. What is one stat that you would like to see improve for your player next season?

1. Making the playoffs easy.

2. Getting Tallinder would be great

3. We would make tv shows, easy.

4. He plays a little basketball, but mostly training.

5. What is love? Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me no more.

6. More hits and blocked shots.

Make the playoffs and improve my stats from last season.

Lots of good options and im excited for our 2 top 10 picks. Pretty decent draft. Tallinder would be a great pickup

Something to do with Electronics most likely (tv's, computers, game consoles)

Train for the next hockey season with a little bit of soccer for fun

The kawhi leonard laugh and then just drop the mic

Working on PH for next season and also will be working on SC

On 5/9/2021 at 10:19 AM, Patrik Tallinder said:

un43AKv.jpg

1. 100 Point Season, 500 TPE

2. Whoever has the most TPE lol

3. Going back to the grade school here with a blocker and glove mixed so goalies can open doors for once

4. Yeah, A nice golfing trip.

5. "You see here in Calgary we are never gonna give you up, let you down, come around and hurt you"

6. Just earn 100 more TPE.

un43AKv.jpg

1. I'm hoping to just overall have a solid rookie season.

2. I'm a little late to this question haha.

3. I think it would be cool to run some kind of food place.

4. They solely focus on training for the next hockey season.

5. Thank you for the support. this is all for you.

6. I'd like to see my player have a few more points.

un43AKv.jpg

1. What are you hoping to accomplish in S78? Playoffs baby!!!

2. We have landed the first and sixth overall picks in the draft? Is there anyone you have your eyes on in the draft? Yes

3. If your player started their own company, what kind of products/services would that company provide? Non profit charity, definitely to help young natives from abducted/ raped and murdered as it’s something that happens a lot still to this day with no investigations or even national coverage 

4. Does your player play any other sports in the offseason, or do they just train for the next hockey season? Just train to get better

5. Let's say we win the cup one of these upcoming seasons and we're at the parade in Calgary. You have the mic with thousands of fans directly in front of you. What do you say to the crowd? WHAT IT DO BABYYYY THE CUP IS HOME. 

6. What is one stat that you would like to see improve for your player next season? Points or hits 

On 5/9/2021 at 8:19 AM, Patrik Tallinder said:

un43AKv.jpg

1. Cup 

2. No idea of any of the prospects tbh

3. Pizza place

4. Nope just training for the next szn 

5. We're going to win another one

6. Goals, I want to get the most goals trophy at least once in my career.

I think it's time for my player to finally be over a PPG, but knowing my own player, it probably won't happen.

Nils Tallinder and maybe garsh player

Probably a Pizza that are from Sweden.

He does play basketball

Anything is possibleeeeeee

Goals

un43AKv.jpg

// TO CLAIM FOR WEEK ENDING 05/23 //

1. If you could add another trophy to the VHL awards, what would it be?

2. How did you spend your training camp TPE?

3. Which individual award do you think your player has the best chance at winning at some point in the future?

4. If we had official jerseys, would our home jersey have a primary colour of red, dark grey or black?

5. What is our biggest strength as a team this season?

6. On the contrary, what is our biggest weakness?

Edited by Patrik Tallinder

30 minutes ago, Patrik Tallinder said:

un43AKv.jpg

3. Which individual award do you think your player has the best chance at winning at some point in the future?

4. If we had official jerseys, would our home jersey have a primary colour of red, dark grey or black?

1. A trophy for the best player that was drafted last round!  2. I spent my training camp TPE on discipline, checking and defense. 3. I think I have the best chance on winning the Alexander Beketov trophy! 4. Red. 5. I think that our biggest strength as a team is teamwork! 6. I don't really know, beacuse I have been in this organisation for couple days.

1 hour ago, Patrik Tallinder said:

un43AKv.jpg

1. If you could add another trophy to the VHL awards, what would it be? May special teams with either PK or powerplay

2. How did you spend your training camp TPE? On SC

3. Which individual award do you think your player has the best chance at winning at some point in the future? Best defensive award possibly not to sure 

4. If we had official jerseys, would our home jersey have a primary colour of red, dark grey or black? Red

5. What is our biggest strength as a team this season? Forwards

6. On the contrary, what is our biggest weakness? Defence 

9 hours ago, Patrik Tallinder said:

un43AKv.jpg

1. Something maybe to recognize contribution or leadership by a user that is not a GM or head office member.

2. I can't remember, it went into general revenue with all the rest of it. I think I upped defense, scoring, and puckhandling all up by 1 point this week.

3. I actually don't really know the individual awards very well, but I don't see my player ever winning a goal- or point-scoring title. Whatever the equivalents of the Selke or Lady Byng would be more my style I think.

4. I I think dark grey with red sleeves/accents would be pretty sharp and modern.

5. We have a strong group of actives at every position, and they are almost all pretty close together in TPE and regression class. Other than Thornton and Su, we have a have a really balanced attack of guys in the 500-600 TPE range.

6. I guess dressing two defenseman in Madison and Puhovs that are a little bit younger and lower in TPE than the rest of the core is a bit of a knock against us, or else maybe not having very many ultra-high TPE studs at their peak.

13 hours ago, Patrik Tallinder said:

un43AKv.jpg

1. Toughest Skater.

2. Puck handling all the way.

3. The Kevin Brooks Trophy.

4. Red all the way.

5. Our youth and forward group.

6. Defence could be better.

Hmm that's an interesting question. Maybe something like a "most gentlemanly" player for those that get lots of hit and are very defensive but dont accrue lots of PIM

Split between PH and SC

Defensive Dman (forgot what it was called :P)

I would think Red with a mix of grey or black

The depth of our players and the great LR. It has been very active and fun

I think the biggest weakness might be that we are a young team and might not have the experience to make a deep run

- Fastest Beer Chug

Upgraded my skating to 80,  the legs feed the wolf!

Rookie of the year, someone has to, right??? 

Black seems to easy and boring, I like the dark grey and the red needs to be the correct hue or it could look dopey.  My only ask is its not similar to what Vegas looks like.  can't stand that team.  

Depth,  rookies are a comin!

lack of top end depth to start the season

Edited by Darth Kaprizov

On 5/16/2021 at 1:37 PM, Patrik Tallinder said:

un43AKv.jpg

1. I personally think a trophy for the person who has the most Sam roles should be added. Just saying.

2. Working on defense and scoring mainly.

3. I mean I guess the most likely one would be rookie of the year but also not that likey.

4. I think red would be most fitting for our home jerseys.

5. I think we have the possibility to be able to score alot of goals with our offense core group.

6. I would say probably just that we have some guys... aka myself who are on the lower side of tpe.

un43AKv.jpg

// TO CLAIM FOR WEEK ENDING 05/30 //

1. What has gone right for your player so far this season?

2. What has gone wrong for your player this season?

3. What are your thoughts on the new league, the VHLE?

4. What should the championship trophy be called in the VHLE?

5. What attribute do you value more - skating or puck handling?

6. How has the team performed relative to your expectations so far?

1 hour ago, Patrik Tallinder said:

un43AKv.jpg

1. Being the backup goalie i don't get many starts, but its going to be great learning from Askarov this season!

2. I didn’t win the first game i aas played, though it was close it would have been nice to get that first win in my first game in the VHL.

3. I’m really excited to see how it plays out honestly.

4. Honestly not sure.

5. I’m a goalie so thats a bit of a biased question🤷‍♀️

6. Great so far, really think it could go either way at this point. But I’m optimistic for a great season!

4 hours ago, Patrik Tallinder said:

un43AKv.jpg

1. I had first points in my first games as rookie.

2. I guess i have got many penalties.

3. Well it will be great to improve.

4. I don't know, so we will see it later.

5. Skating, because then i can do everything with speed.

6. I think It's pretty good, but could be better.

On 5/16/2021 at 11:37 AM, Patrik Tallinder said:

un43AKv.jpg

1. Best backup goalie of the szn

2. Saving it up

3. Another Stats?

4. Red

5. Balanced roster, no major holes

6. Not alot of star power

un43AKv.jpg

Goalie of the year or bust boys.

No idea whoever we drafted i guess haha.

Vodka cuz why not im russian.

Just train hockey is life, all my focus on life is hockey. 

I carried this team to the cup, all bow to mother russia 😂

Wins, wins and more wins

12 hours ago, Patrik Tallinder said:

un43AKv.jpg

1. Almost everything! 

2. Up to this point nothing!

3. It's a very good idea, in my opinion!

4. Don't know! :D

5. Skating for sure!

6. I think we could do even better!

13 hours ago, Patrik Tallinder said:

un43AKv.jpg

1. Playmaking has been great.

2. I need to put the puck in the net more.

3. It's great that we have enough players to allow this change to happen.

4. I wish I could answer this

5. Puck handling, it doesn't matter how well you skate if you can't handle the puck.

6. I feel like we should have more wins.

21 hours ago, Patrik Tallinder said:

un43AKv.jpg

1. What has gone right for your player so far this season? Consistently sucking but maybe the less PIMS is a good start 

2. What has gone wrong for your player this season? Not enough PIMS lol. I don’t know what’s wrong maybe just needs more production I’d say then 

3. What are your thoughts on the new league, the VHLE? At first hated it. Now: not a fan. I don’t want my next guy to play in the league personally I think it’s just taking fun of the M away and making the M the shitty junior’s idea which I don’t agree with

4. What should the championship trophy be called in the VHLE? I think it depends on if they can find something to include what the teams are from and make based like that or just be plain Jane and call er the E chip idk

5. What attribute do you value more - skating or puck handling? For now I have them balanced on current build I’d say it depends on what your going for offensive- puck handling is more important but two way/ defensive then Skating. For me myself if say skating. 

6. How has the team performed relative to your expectations so far? I thought we’d be a top team but it’s still early. We just need to play better vs teams in our conference. Hopefully we get better as season goes on