Calgary Wranglers press conference

diamond_ace

On 3/27/2021 at 8:00 PM, Patrik Tallinder said:

1. What do you think of our team’s start?

2. What do you think of your player’s start?

3. If we could have a team pet, what would it be and what would you name it?

4. If you could pick any person in the world to be our announcer, who would it be and why?

5. If you could have a personal endorsement deal with any company, who are you picking?

6. What is your all-time favourite hockey player?

Its been awful Askarov sucks what a bust.

Read above, like yikes ive not been a very good starter. 

Horse named wranglers cuz im boring and not sure what to use 😂

The bruins announcers because they are so biased it would sound like we are still a good team haha.

Vodka cuz im a walking cliche and russian so why not

Grinders and powerforwards i love the hard working physical players.

4. If you could pick any person in the world to be our announcer, who would it be and why?

5. If you could have a personal endorsement deal with any company, who are you picking?

1) meh. Could be better but not the worst start

2) could be better but overall ok I think.

3) horse. Definitely a horse for the Wranglers 

4) Bruce Buffer. Legendary voice 

5) Labbet brewing. Free beer is something I’d love to have for life haha

6) Probably have to go with good ol Shane Doan. Under appreciated players I’ve always had a thing for rooting for em. 

1. A little slow, but we knew we were rebuilding.

2. I'm disappointed, TBH. I thought I'd score more.

3. A miniature horse named Lil Sebastian.

4. James Earl Jones. The man is made of gravitas.

5. Do rehab clinics do endorsements?

6. Sergei Kostitsen, for giving us this: https://youtu.be/5i_7s45q7wc

On 3/27/2021 at 5:00 PM, Patrik Tallinder said:

1. The team is showing off how dangerous we are, and the fact that we are so young tis the best part.

2. It has been mild, but my goal for 15 points looks well attainabe.

3. A small horse, and since Lil Sebastian is taken, we'll go with Wrangler.

4. Morgan Freeman

5. Nike all the way.

6. Patrick Marleau.

I think we are where we all thought we would be at the start of the season. This is a young team and we still need to build chemistry.

I think his off to a good start. He is leading the league in shots blocked which is nice.

Would definitely be a dog and could name it Wrangler. It would suit a golden retriever.

Samuel L Jackson. That would be the greatest thing to see him announce a game

Adidas, always liked the brand and I think I would be a good spokesperson for them.

Mario Lemieux, have always liked the way he played and his attitude on and off the ice.

It is decent, we did not lose that many game too so we could possibly make the playoff.

He had a horrible horrible start, but he's been getting back in track even though I hate being a minus tho.

Henry the horse.

Klay Thompson, that men is so funny when he is an announcer.

5. If you could have a personal endorsement deal with any company, who are you picking?

Jordan because I love the shoes.

Probably Carey Price or Branden Gallagher

1. What do you think we should do at the trade deadline?

2. What are your predictions for the NHL trade deadline?

3. What is your favourite point task to do? (Please don’t say practice facility lol)

4. If you have the aux cord in the locker room before the game, what music are you playing?

5. What’s an area you would like to see our team improve from now until the end of the season?

6. Do we snag a wildcard spot this season?

1 minute ago, Patrik Tallinder said:

3. What is your favourite point task to do? (Please don’t say practice facility lol)

4. If you have the aux cord in the locker room before the game, what music are you playing?

5. What’s an area you would like to see our team improve from now until the end of the season?

1. Trade Steve Eso, that guy's a bum.

2. Well I had been hoping that the Canucks would be sellers, but now with all the current covid infections, they might not even be able to do that.

3. Two words: well fare. Nah, just kidding. But I do my PBE PTs every week and then just claim them as affiliate here. I also enjoy press conferences.

4. This on repeat: 

5. We're holding our own for the most part, but our special teams could really use some work.

6. I'm still holding out hope, but I think it's looking less and less likely as the season wears on.

54 minutes ago, Patrik Tallinder said:

1. Unless some ridiculous offer comes along, we stand pat.

2. Well, I know no one on the Canucks will be traded for.

3. Welfare 😛

4. Bat Out of Hell

5. The winning area is the one in most need of improvement.

6. We've been heating up, I think we might sneak in.

4 hours ago, Patrik Tallinder said:

1. I think stand pat, we have all of our young guys

2. Ekholm gets traded

3. I like writing media spots if I can

4. Maybe a mix of AC/DC and imagine dragons 

5. Maybe acquire a backup goaltender 

6. Maybe if Juniper gets his head out of the sand 

15 hours ago, Patrik Tallinder said:

1. Maybe get some draft picks

2. Maybe my Sharks can find some depth

3. Press Conference/Trivia

4. Some good ole rap.

5. Overtime play

6. Yessir

Since we are rebuilding, if any good trades come along I would collect draft assets or active prospects.

I think it will be a quiet one. Weird season with Covid and the different divisions.

Even though its the longest to do, I like doing the media spots. Let's you build a story around your character.

Some sort of Trance to get everyone going.

We just have to keep working together and training. The more chemistry we build and the more active we are, the better we will be in the future

That is my goal for the season. I think we stand a good chance if things go accordingly

On 4/4/2021 at 12:53 PM, Patrik Tallinder said:

1. What do you think we should do at the trade deadline?  Buy buy buy of course 

2. What are your predictions for the NHL trade deadline?  Either a complete snooze fest cause players have to quarantine or busier then the usual.

3. What is your favourite point task to do? (Please don’t say practice facility lol) reviewing or pressers. Easy tpe to get

4. If you have the aux cord in the locker room before the game, what music are you playing? I’m playing whatever the team gets going to. 

keep same team. Obviously if we can improve the team then do it but I think we have a good core. A good C would never be a bad option or someone on D. 

6. Do we snag a wildcard spot this season? That’s the goal. I’d love to fight ourselves in and get past the wild card series. Coming in last season and having a chance to play just in the wild card was fun but disappointing finish. I need my redemption.

I leave that up to the GMs

Hall to Florida

Trivia is always fun. 

Techno

I think we can be more physical

Yes

We will have some cap issues for the next season so we might need to load off before it becomes harder to trade in the off-season after the playoff. Getting a playmaker forward would be decent though.

Cole Caufield getting called up and scores his first goal in his first game.

Does anybody even likes to do a point task? We are pretty much forced to do it lmao. I'll say welfare.

Money & Power

Having high scoring game.

Yes

un43AKv.jpg

// TO CLAIM FOR WEEK ENDING 04/18 //

1. What are your thoughts on the recent Kramerev trade, and do you have a goodbye message for our longtime teammate?

2. Our defense is looking like a 3-headed monster for the next few seasons with Prout, RFJ and Eagles. If you could describe this defense unit in fewer than 6 words, how would you do it?

3. What is something the NHL video games could learn from the VHL? In other words, what aspect of the VHL would you like to see incorporated into the EA NHL games?

4. How did your player start playing hockey?

5. If you could only have 99 DF and 90 SC or vice versa, which would you choose?

6. What were your goals when creating your player, and how have they panned out so far in your career?

1. It was a good trade for both sides. Kramerev is a fantastic user and it was a pleasure to have gotten to know him throughout his career.

2. VHL Better watch out!

3. Community! Would be cool to have it be as interactive with other members.

4. Pushed by her parents in Greenland.

5. 99 Def and 90 Sc

6. To win championships. So far it’s still very early.

16 hours ago, Patrik Tallinder said:

un43AKv.jpg

1. What are your thoughts on the recent Kramerev trade, and do you have a goodbye message for our longtime teammate?

2. Our defense is looking like a 3-headed monster for the next few seasons with Prout, RFJ and Eagles. If you could describe this defense unit in fewer than 6 words, how would you do it?

3. What is something the NHL video games could learn from the VHL? In other words, what aspect of the VHL would you like to see incorporated into the EA NHL games?

5. If you could only have 99 DF and 90 SC or vice versa, which would you choose?

6. What were your goals when creating your player, and how have they panned out so far in your career?

Picks are always nice, teams focus in the future hopefully sooner than later though.

Bust, they are all terrible hanging me out to dry every night jk.

Ummm i dunno our league is more broken than the NHL games i think lol.

Hes russian he got drunk strapped on pads and started playing.

99DF i think im known for my defensive players lol.

Win games, and okay i kinda joined a contender close to having to rebuild. So now wins harder to come by

19 hours ago, Patrik Tallinder said:

un43AKv.jpg

1. Sad to see a teammate go, but that's the stage of the rebuild that we're in. 

2. Stop puck and make enemy go boom.

3. Being able to have custom leagues in chell would be huge for fostering an online community, instead of the current meta which is to make an EASHL player who is a 7 foot tall black man with a racist name.

4. Born in Canada, came out of the womb wearing skates.

5. Well based on what people tell me about STHS, 99 DF/90 SC would be arguably superior, and in fact my current player is at 91 DF/90 SC.

6. I want to make a guy who is a dependable faceoff winning penalty killing two way center at the early stages and twilight of his career, while also being able to contribute elite scoring at the top end of his TPE earning. So far so good, I think, though I have never and will never be a max earner.

On 4/10/2021 at 11:05 PM, Patrik Tallinder said:

un43AKv.jpg

1. It's sad to see one of the first guys I met in the VHL go, and my message is that he'll be great whenever he is

2. The Best Future Defense League Wise.

3. World of Chel

4. He went to one of his brother's games and started practicing that same day.

5. 99 Scoring 90 Defense, I love scoring goals.

6.  I wanted to be a guy scoring 30 or more goals while still getting high assists. So far it's been going fine, with 8 goals and 10 assists.

I have only played with Kramerev for 2 seasons but he was a solid player. NY is lucky to have him and he is just an unfortunate cut due to the rebuild and cap.

Best future VHL defense

I think the ability to train your players and put in points wherever you want.

Followed my dads footsteps who played in the VHL as a goalie.

99 DF first since I am a defender (even though I know it helps out every position) and helps out a bit more. Scoring is not as important for me.

My goal was to build a two-way defender and so far I am happy with his defensive play but just need to work more on helping out on offense 

I think that sometimes trades need to happen for teams to continue on a certain trajectory.

Supremely solid and young

I think having more concrete jerseys would be cool.

As a child on the pond.

99 scoring

My goal was to be consistently contributing on offense and yes so far I've managed to do that as my player reaches his prime. I'm happy with being just under a PPG although I'd like my player to score more goals.

Very tough for me, he was my brother, my other half for all these years in Calgary.

Not a lot of people are scoring on us. 

An online be a pro system.

Onde Sandstrom teaching him how to skate and hold a stick.

99 DF

I don't know how many time that I was tempting to press the retire button lol

On 4/11/2021 at 2:05 AM, Patrik Tallinder said:

un43AKv.jpg

1. What are your thoughts on the recent Kramerev trade, and do you have a goodbye message for our longtime teammate? Just have fun and continue to be successful. He was a big part of our team last few seasons and he’s hopefully going to get one last run

2. Our defense is looking like a 3-headed monster for the next few seasons with Prout, RFJ and Eagles. If you could describe this defense unit in fewer than 6 words, how would you do it? Prout still sucks.

3. What is something the NHL video games could learn from the VHL? In other words, what aspect of the VHL would you like to see incorporated into the EA NHL games? Probably a user gm mode like connected. Hell EASHL with leagues/ gms would be cool.

4. How did your player start playing hockey? Right out of the womb 

5. If you could only have 99 DF and 90 SC or vice versa, which would you choose? 99 DF always. Defence wins championships 

6. What were your goals when creating your player, and how have they panned out so far in your career? I’ve honestly thought about retiring cause I’ve sucked a lot especially from early mistakes I’ve made in the beginning stages of my career but now it’s just being a team player and earning as much to help out and apply. I think I’m more of a leader then a skilled guy and i just have to in brace my role here and lead as much as I can. 

Sell what makes sense we are young upcoming

Long an boring, like it was 😂

Training camp is 😛

rock an roll only way to go 

Goaltending i have sucked really badly hope i improve

No not likely at all