Calgary Wranglers press conference

diamond_ace

un43AKv.jpg

// TO CLAIM FOR WEEK ENDING 04/25 //

1. What are your thoughts on bringing over two exciting new names in Guy Lambert and Phil The Rock Johnson?

2. What do you think an award for the Wranglers top points scorer should be called?

3. Was your player a prodigy in their respective country, or were they working hard outside of the spotlight to make it to the VHL?

4. Which VHL tournament do you prefer the most? The lottery tournament, the world juniors, or the world cup?

5. Are chicken tenders or chicken nuggets better? Explain your choice.

6. What is yyour favourite board/card game, and why?

Edited by Patrik Tallinder

3 hours ago, Patrik Tallinder said:

un43AKv.jpg

1. What are your thoughts on bringing over two exciting new names in Guy Lambert and Phil The Rock Johnson?

2. What do you think an award for the Wranglers top points scorer should be called?

3. Was your player a prodigy in their respective country, or were they working hard outside of the spotlight to make it to the VHL?

4. Which VHL tournament do you prefer the most? The lottery tournament, the world juniors, or the world cup?

1. Very exciting to see new faces in the locker room, especially guys as skilled as Rock and Guy, and Rock is a fun guy to be around.

2. I know that apples are assists only, but Apple King/Queen is too good to pass up on.

3. I was not known as a prodigy, but my family name did help me get recognition. 

4. Well World Juniors because I played in it.

5. Chicken tenders, more meat, more crisp, 

6. I love blackjack because of how simple it is.

I think it was a pretty good trade. Phil has already started to produce and Guy is an exciting up and coming prospect.

I would go with Breaking the Barrier award. Has a tie in to an actual wrangling term. 

• Breaking the barrier: Ensures that cowboys don't get a head start as they chase after the calf or steer.

Tom was a prodigy as he was the son of Former VHL'er Greg Eagles. He always had very high expectations on him.

I like the World Cup the best. These are the top players from their respective countries battling it out to see who is the best.

I like nuggets better. Easier to eat and are the perfect size for dipping and one bite

I like the card game Conasta. Fun and strategic

10 hours ago, Patrik Tallinder said:

un43AKv.jpg

1. They seem like great additions to the locker room, and particularly with Johnson I have been loving the prevalence of "The Rock" gifs flying around now.

2. Some sort of cowboy pun. Stud of the Year or something (although that might run into issues with not being gender inclusive). The Gunslinger Award?

3. From a role-play perspective, my guy is Canadian, so no, he wasn't one of those Sidney Crosby/Alexis Lafrieniere consensus 1OA picks.

4. Haven't really paid any attention to them, not sure if my player has been in any of them. In real life I'm a big fan of the junior and senior international tournaments though.

5. If ordering from a restaurant, tenders. If making myself, nuggets (nuggets have more surface area, more crunchy fried exterior, I like to use italian breadcrumps and parmiggiano).

6. Is it cheating to say Dungeons and Dragons? Probably that. 

un43AKv.jpg

// TO CLAIM FOR WEEK ENDING 05/02 //

1. What have you enjoyed most from this season?

2. What is something that you wish would have played out differently this season?

3. Do you have a favourite VHL series? It could be anything like a podcast, an article series or something else of that nature.

4. How do you feel about the current state of the team in terms of organizational depth?

5. If you were to reroll your player's attributes and startfrom scratch, would you do anything differently this time around?

6. A number of rookies have made immediate impacts on our team this season. Pick one of Foley, Harris, Fizzlebeef Jr or Green Gaming and give a brief explanation as to why they're so important to the Wranglers!

On 4/19/2021 at 1:09 AM, Patrik Tallinder said:

un43AKv.jpg

1. What are your thoughts on bringing over two exciting new names in Guy Lambert and Phil The Rock Johnson? love it. Phil’s amazing and has really stepped in and done some damage I’m excited for next season for a full one with him. 

2. What do you think an award for the Wranglers top points scorer should be called? Idk most point man lol

3. Was your player a prodigy in their respective country, or were they working hard outside of the spotlight to make it to the VHL? Working hard outside the spotlight 

4. Which VHL tournament do you prefer the most? The lottery tournament, the world juniors, or the world cup? World juniors is fun, I think lottery tournaments cool to only see where teams will pick at

5. Are chicken tenders or chicken nuggets better? Explain your choice. Tenders, especially if you get real chicken.. the best 

6. What is yyour favourite board/card game, and why? Monopoly cause it ends up in a good ol scrap after 

1. I have enjoyed the relationships that were built this season.

2. I wish would could have hit our stride earlier in this season. However we developed into a better team as the season went on.

3. I haven’t looked into enough series to pick a favourite. 
4. I am really happy with the team and where it is at.

5. No I really like the direction of my player so far.

6. I can only pick one!? Fizzlebeef is who I will choose then. He’s a hard worker who’s going to be apart of our core for the foreseeable future.

21 hours ago, Patrik Tallinder said:

un43AKv.jpg

2. What is something that you wish would have played out differently this season?

3. Do you have a favourite VHL series? It could be anything like a podcast, an article series or something else of that nature.

4. How do you feel about the current state of the team in terms of organizational depth?

5. If you were to reroll your player's attributes and startfrom scratch, would you do anything differently this time around?

6. A number of rookies have made immediate impacts on our team this season. Pick one of Foley, Harris, Fizzlebeef Jr or Green Gaming and give a brief explanation as to why they're so important to the Wranglers!

1. Just getting in my first VHL season and getting more than 1 point really set the tone.

3. VSN is a very nice read and listen

2. Not have gone in-active for 3/4 of the season

4. Great its just going to take time for our prospects and rookies to power through

5. Not put any in leadership

6. Green gaming, Very important because well hes me *insert starwars meme here*

23 hours ago, Patrik Tallinder said:

un43AKv.jpg

1. Getting to know our fairly young crew

2. I would have won a few of our close OT games to sneak us into the playoffs

3. VSN consistently bangs out quality content

4. I think we have a promising young core

5. Be more exact, not just throwing TPE in random areas when I have extra

6. Harris has been active in the LR, developing his character as well as his skills.

On 4/24/2021 at 9:05 PM, Patrik Tallinder said:

un43AKv.jpg

1. The vibe in the locker room was awesome all season, I had a blast getting to know all of my new teammates, whether we were talking VHL, NHL, or real life stuff. Shoutout to @Ricer13in particular for being a cool guy who I get along with real well.

2. My players performance was unremarkable - I started the season as a "plus" player, finished the season at even, and didn't light up the scoresheet. The one thing that I wish I had done differently was stepped up my TPE earning like I've done in the last two weeks.

3. I don't really follow too much stuff around the league, but I do like seeing the graphics that guys like @Zetterbergmake.

4. I think we're inna very good spot. We have forwards, defenseman, and a goalie all locked up long term, with enough cap space to turn us into a contender very soon. 

5. Wouldn't really do much differently. Maybe I would prioritize scoring ahead of defense slightly this time, and maybe not put as much into checking or strength and focus on the big 4, but for the most part I'm happy with how my build is coming together. 

6. Fizzlebeef had to step up and play some major minutes since I think we only had 3 active human defensemen for much of the season. 

On 4/24/2021 at 9:05 PM, Patrik Tallinder said:

un43AKv.jpg

1. Getting to know my teammates and playing in the VHL for the first time ever.

2. Making the playoffs.

3. Not really, but Ravenskill looks cool.

4. We are good all around and our biggest weakness at goalie is much better now.

5. I wouldn't really do anything different, maybe add more passing and defense earlier.

6. Well I am Harris myself and I'll say my point scoring was a major part of why I was important.

Our hot streak after the trade deadling.

Not having the worst choking performance in our last 8 games for a playoff spot.

Yes, my own articles. Lol.

Will need to eventually sacrifice some more for a more condensed team like they did to my brothers stormsson and kramerev.

I would put 85 checking and lower passing.

Harris obviously. Great playmaker and a top 6 dude.

I think the late season push was exciting. We were close to getting into that final wildcard spot only for it to be taken away in the last 2 sims. 

I wish that we would have made the final wildcard spot and became the underdogs for this season. We have a great team and probably could have done well in the playoffs.

I to like Tate's VHL.COM articles. Interesting to read!

I think we have some good depth but will have to look at who is close to retiring and make sure we have suitable replacements. 

No I don't think so. I think I would continue down the same pat has I have been happy with my guys stats as of right now.

Fizzlebeef made a impact right from the start on defense. As a rookie he was asked to fill in that 4th D spot and he played really well throughout the season.

On 4/25/2021 at 12:05 AM, Patrik Tallinder said:

un43AKv.jpg

1. What have you enjoyed most from this season? I’d have to say just the Lr and seeing Ricer become gm was something special 

2. What is something that you wish would have played out differently this season? Sneaking into the wild card series with this team would of been cool for no expectations. I really think we had something special but regardless we played really good and had a great Lr so I’m very happy with this team 

3. Do you have a favourite VHL series? It could be anything like a podcast, an article series or something else of that nature. Probably role with Eso or Ricer as of late ;) I say there’s quite abit of good content as of late I haven’t been listening constantly on anything however

4. How do you feel about the current state of the team in terms of organizational depth? We have a great system and some nice picks for upcoming seasons this team will be really strong for seasons to come 

5. If you were to reroll your player's attributes and startfrom scratch, would you do anything differently this time around? Lots different lol 

6. A number of rookies have made immediate impacts on our team this season. Pick one of Foley, Harris, Fizzlebeef Jr or Green Gaming and give a brief explanation as to why they're so important to the Wranglers! I say they all played there roles very well I can’t honestly give one over the other due to it being such a even play field. There all such good players and Lr guys 

What are your plans for the upcoming off-season?

We got the chance to get the 1st and 2nd overall pick if the lottery gods answers our prayers. Who should we draft?

Should we each seperate the fees for Askarov back treatment? His back must be screaming by carrying us this season.

Where will you be training during this off-season?

Who do you think we will this the cup this season?

Are you excited for our prospect to join the team next season?

Needed TPE so

2 hours ago, Jtv123 said:

We got the chance to get the 1st and 2nd overall pick if the lottery gods answers our prayers. Who should we draft?

Should we each seperate the fees for Askarov back treatment? His back must be screaming by carrying us this season.

Needed TPE so

Thanks for doing it, appreciate it

1. Keep on training, it never stops

2. Perhaps we bring back Tallinder himself!

3. Oh heck yeah man, I'll definitely take some of that bill

4. At home in Toronto, good to be back with my family

5. I think Warsaw'll probably win the cup 

6. yeah, especially the two lottery guys

2 hours ago, Jtv123 said:

Needed TPE so

1. My plans are to go through the draft process and introduce myself to my new team! On the GMing side, I will also be helping Calgary with scouting and preparation for S78.

2. Anyone but Nils Tallinder. According to my sources, he stinks

3. I think we should. The team effort of paying for his back treatment will show that we're ready to put forward a better team effort on the ice haha

4. In Stockholm of course, through the RavenSkill program. Excited to get going there!

5. I'll take Warsaw in this one.

6. Absolutely! We have some guys who put together some real nice VHLM seasons and are ready to make the jump. Also, we may end up with 1 or 2 VHL ready players in the draft, so I'm interested to see how that plays out.

8 hours ago, Jtv123 said:

Needed TPE so

1. Going to Philadelphia to stay with family and train.

2. Give us Talinder, Basstard, or Markinson

3. Vets need to pay more, us youngblood getting paid less than y'all.

4. In Philly, gonna help out some VHLM folk.

5. Warsaw.

6. New blood is always great.

14 hours ago, Jtv123 said:

Needed TPE so

1. Just to grind TPE and get a good fanta-sea lineup in my head.

2. Whoever has the most TPE 🙂

3. We are a CANADIAN TEAM free healthcare sir.

4. Ontarioooooo TORNOTOOOOOO

4. Grammar mistake?

5. YESSIR

6. Me too buddy

16 hours ago, Jtv123 said:

Needed TPE so

1. I hate the off-season with a passion. I want to be pouring over the sim results with my team after every day's games. The PBE off-season is just finishing now, so at least I'll have pretend baseball to keep me going until pretend hockey is back. Oh, I guess I'll play in the VHL Pro-Am too.

2. I don't know what the draft class is looking like, but there aren't any immediate team needs that would be filled by a fresh draft pick, so I'd say maybe one forward and one defenseman, and take the best locker room guys available.

3. I've been saying it all last season, any time the team goes out for dinner or drinks, Askarov shouldn't have to pay a dime for as long as he's on the team, dude has been putting in work.

4. I'll be staying in Calgary for the off-season, putting in time at the team practice facility as a well as scrimmaging with some of the local junior teams to keep that game tempo up.

5. I think we're going to be a playoff team this season. It's tough to win a championship, but I think that if you extrapolate based on how well we played last season, and add a bunch of TPE to every player this season, we are looking real good.

6. Not too sure who we've got joining the squad next season other than a backup goalie to help out Askarov.

On 5/2/2021 at 8:30 PM, Jtv123 said:

Needed TPE so

1) grind tpe, really looking to make this season even better for myself 

2) I think there’s a obvious choice between our agm and somebody else ;) 

3) I think we should pool some money together the poor bastard gonna have some serious issues in the future. What a beauty 

4) on Cowboy Prouts ranch located outside the city! 

5) we have the pieces it’s just how we earn and what we apply tpe into 

6) absolutely love this new core that’s up and coming I think they’ll do a hell of a job for us. Tac was a rookie last season and he played amazing for us. I think it’s a bright future here and there’s some good players here. 

Keep working on my skating and puck handling. Wanting to be 600+ before the season starts and that goal is looking very likely

Draft the best player available. Don't worry about position or team needs (as they won't be able to help out for 1-2 seasons) and just draft the top player available with our pick

His back treatments are covered by our teams benefit plan. We should all take him out for dinner and drinks instead

Back home in Poland, will keep me away from distractions and fully focused on my off-season training plan.

Hoping for Warsaw as I think I picked them in predictions. If they win, I get some free TPE :P 

Always exciting to see what the young up and comers are capable of doing on the big stage

On 5/2/2021 at 8:30 PM, Jtv123 said:

Needed TPE so

1. To continue to develop my player as much as possible.

2. I would say whoever is top in the most need position.

3. I think we should make a business expense.

4. Different places in Europe and Canada.

5. I already know who won....shhhh.

6. I am that prospect so yes ;).

Participate in Patrik Laine off-season tourney

Nils Tallinder and STZ

For sure, his back is in pain.

Back in Sweden for some time.

The Seattle Bears.

Yes, always nice to get some prospect up in our team

un43AKv.jpg

// TO CLAIM FOR WEEK ENDING 05/16 //

1. What are you hoping to accomplish in S78?

2. We have landed the first and sixth overall picks in the draft? Is there anyone you have your eyes on in the draft?

3. If your player started their own company, what kind of products/services would that company provide?

4. Does your player play any other sports in the offseason, or do they just train for the next hockey season?

5. Let's say we win the cup one of these upcoming seasons and we're at the parade in Calgary. You have the mic with thousands of fans directly in front of you. What do you say to the crowd?

6. What is one stat that you would like to see improve for your player next season?