Calgary Wranglers press conference

diamond_ace

23 hours ago, Patrik Tallinder said:

1. We just added Rolf Fizzlebeef Jr to our blueline! What will he bring to our team in his rookie season?

2. Are you planning on having any Wranglers in your award predictions this season? Who, and for what award?

3. What do you think is the strongest part of our team this season?

4. How do you plan on using your 10 TPE from training camp? 

5. What is the best part of the offseason? The tournaments, drafts, free agency, HOF inductions, or something else?

6. We have also had many new players acquired through trade this offseason. What excites you most about your new teammates?

1. He’s going to establish himself early in the VHL. No wasted time for this young player.

2.I do not have any wranglers in the awards predictions for this season.

3. Positionally I would say Goaltending. Askarov will be a force for us.

4. Defense is where I will be placing that 10 TPE.

5. I love the drafts. I have a blast chatting with everyone.

6. I am excited to see the likes of Perry, Eso and Gaming to see how hard they work and if they are going to help improve this team.

On 3/13/2021 at 11:40 AM, Patrik Tallinder said:

1. We just added Rolf Fizzlebeef Jr to our blueline! What will he bring to our team in his rookie season?

2. Are you planning on having any Wranglers in your award predictions this season? Who, and for what award?

5. What is the best part of the offseason? The tournaments, drafts, free agency, HOF inductions, or something else?

6. We have also had many new players acquired through trade this offseason. What excites you most about your new teammates?

1) he will bring us luck and success (If now I’ll straddle him up while on my horse and throw em around for abit) 

2) don’t think I even did predictions 

3) young core gonna come in and shine. I think this team is more balanced so let’s hope it’ll only get better 

4) I have a few ideas but nothing set in stone quite yet

5) draft/ free agency seeing who goes where and what teams do what and how the whole league in whole changes. Keeps things fun 

6) gets us better. More Lr talk and fun. Definitely excited to see how these guys do here and I hope they come and succeed right away. 

Hopefully easy nights in net for me, and solid nights for him on the back end.

Last year i did an got 0 awards so probably not this year 😂

Time will tell, we have had a lot of turnover last 2 seasons. Its clearly hurt chemistry last year. Lets hope better this season.

Training to be the best of course

Nothing when your drafted and not a free agent. Its just dull waiting

Hopefully more success than last year with all the changes. 

1. Even though he's a rookie, he brings a lot of professionalism into our locker room

2. We may have a rookie of the year in the house

3. Rookies and young players in general. We will be scary in a matter of time

4. I'm pouring TPE into FO right now as per position change

5. The tournaments are always fun

6. The scent of youth is fruitful this season

On 3/13/2021 at 8:40 AM, Patrik Tallinder said:

1. I think he brings confidence and a good reputation to the team.

2. I have no Wranglers in award predictions.

3. The fact that we are so young.

4. Defence Defence Defence.

5. Drafts and tournaments.

6. Getting to play my first vhl season with such a young team.

He will be a great defensive asset and excited to see what he can do in his rookie season!

I haven't done them yet but I do not think so. Calgary is a young up and coming team. We might not challenge for awards yet, but we will in the next little while

I think the biggest thing is we have a lot of depth in the offensive side which is nice. We have the ability to mix and match lineups depending on our opponents.

Will be using it to keep improving my Defense.

To me I like the Tournaments and the draft. Always interesting to see what World team wins the competition and exciting to see where new prospects will be playing

Its a good young core who can grow together to build chemistry. In the next few seasons I think this team will be very solid

Wranglers Press Conference Week ending March 21 2021

1. There has been lots of movement in Calgary but the core remains in tact. What are your thoughts on Cowboy Prouts long term extension?

2. With most upcoming free agents locked up with new contracts there only remains one left. How important is it for Calgary to sign Nathan Perry? What should the deal look like?

3. This off-season had been a long one. Are you ready to get started with S77?

4. What are your thoughts on the recent Riley Couture trade? Do you believe in GM Rice’s opinion on actives taking priority over in-actives?

Get to know you questions!!

5. Where do your allegiances lie in the NHL?

6. What is your favourite winter activity and summer activity?

11 minutes ago, Ricer13 said:

1. There has been lots of movement in Calgary but the core remains in tact. What are your thoughts on Cowboy Prouts long term extension?

2. With most upcoming free agents locked up with new contracts there only remains one left. How important is it for Calgary to sign Nathan Perry? What should the deal look like?

4. What are your thoughts on the recent Riley Couture trade? Do you believe in GM Rice’s opinion on actives taking priority over in-actives?

PRESSSSSEEEEERERRRREERREE TPEEEEEEE

1)  fuck that guy! He sucks!! 

Serious note 

absolutely amazing, I’m proud to be here and to stay long term was something I’ve been interested in since joining. I still have to prove myself however and do my part

2) long term to keep this core together to win! 

3) yes I’m excited and need sims. It’s too long ughhhhhhh

4) absolutely I’ve been vocal about this for quite sometime I love it and fully support this. This is what great gms do. 

5) I go by coach/ gms/ players not so much teams since I just love the game overall 

6) winter hockey

summer id say boating or riding motorcycles 

20 hours ago, Ricer13 said:

1. Sounds solid for the team, great move by ricer to lock em up for awhile

2. Very important, The morale and the production they give is keen, Id say a multi year deal looking 5-10m

3. Yesssir back with some Miami mates ready to light the lamp again!

4. Good, We need some picks ready for the drafts that way we can win now and focus on the futre aswell!

5. Penguins hehehehehehehe

6. Winter is hockey in summer its ball hockey, Ice hockey I play goalie but im a winger in BH!

1. So far, our beef has only had sizzle. Now, it will have a one two punch of sizzle and fizzle.

2. Sorry, I think this is a building year. Next year.

3. Our unshakable drinking.

4. Defense go up, player more gooder.

5. Clicking that button for 10 free TPE from training camp.

6. The opportunity to get them in on the ground floor of my essential oils business.

Should help bring some depth to the squad.

I'm sure I'll consider a couple

Our youth and our legs and our ability to get pucks in deep

Passing

The draft is always an exciting time.

I think it'll be nice getting some new blood in the room.

I believe the main core is Thornton, Stormsson, Kramerev and Askarov since they were on the team for a 4th season now. Prout came last half-season for a push in the playoff, but the team underperformed. It is good that we are going to have a reliable d-men for a long time and he will slot in good with Tom Eagles and Kramerev.

Luke Thornton and Stormsson can't carry the scoring all the time. He or she is a great earner and we need that to build a strong team.

First time rolling with 9 forwards and a new goalie so.

It looks like Riley is claiming welfare, press conference and articles still. She's only 4 short of the max, but that's okay since she's alreadya 615 tpe Center. Might not be active in the locker room, but as long as someone earn is okay. I'm used to it cuz Encarnacion (Tagger) never talked in the locker room, but still earned and proved us wrong on the ice.

Habs

Basketball and Basketball

1. Where do you see our team in the standings at the end of the season?

2. Do you take part in any other sim leagues?

3. Where did your player spend the offseason?

4. What was your favourite moment of your VHLM career with your current player?

5. Who will make the VHL finals this season?

6. Who will make the NHL finals this season?

23 hours ago, Patrik Tallinder said:

1. The scuttlebutt that I'm hearing is that playoffs would be cool, but don't bank on it. We're an active team though, so I'm going to predict that we just squeak into the postseason. 

2. Yes, I'm in the PBE which is my primary league where I'm a max earner. I used to be in the GOMHL until it folded. I'm also in the SCSFL, and was also in the very short lived KPBSL.

3. Same place I spend the regular season. In a strip club.

4. No specific moment, but I had a lot of fun in the Saskatoon locker room.

5. Chicago and Riga. I straight up have no idea :)

6. Colorado and I'd love to see the Islanders or Panthers stay hot and get in. 

I see us sitting somewhere between 5-7th in our conference. Its going to be a developmental season so we have the potential to be a lottery team.

I am in the EFL. I joined because they had town of salem haha. I won't join any more though.

Back home in Red Deer. Family time and training to stay fresh.

Winning Bronze in the WJC was pretty special.

Chicago vs. London

Tampa bay vs. Colorado

Edited by Ricer13

On 3/20/2021 at 8:15 AM, Patrik Tallinder said:

1. Middle of the pack to the bottom.

2. I take part in the SBA.

3. He was in Calgary moving in.

4. Making the playoffs.

5. Chicago and London I guess.

6. Colorado and Maybe Toronto.

Excuse me but I'm doing these ones this week.

As an honorary Wrangler/Alumni, I predict Calgary to go undefeated this season...at least against North American rivals.

Yes sir. EFL, PBE, SBA and ISFL are my "other" leagues. VHL is still #1.

Back in Norway, with friends and family mostly. I did visit Hungary to spend time with Juice which was amazing.

Current player? Eww, I don't have a highlight, he was a bum. I guess being in the Marlins LR was pretty good. A great bunch of members in there.

Chicago vs Warsaw is my magic 8-ball prediction. I know I said Calgary would be undefeated vs NA teams, but that's not what my predictions say.

Umm, great question. Perhaps Colorado vs Tampa Bay? I don't have a clue to be honest.

I think we can fight for the final wild card spot. We have a good active team

I also take part in a GM sim league that I have been a part of since 2008 I believe.

On the ice continuously training to get better for the next season. It's a never ending circle.

Winning the cup with the Reapers. It was a good start to his career which will hopefully be followed by many more final wins.

I see another Chi vs Warsaw finals. They have solid teams that could make another run

I haven't really been following the NHL during this covid bubble, I should start watching more but hoping the Leafs make it

On 3/20/2021 at 11:15 AM, Patrik Tallinder said:

1) wild card is my hope/ playoffs.

2) did SBDL make it to finals with @iRockstar VHL affiliates team we had. Good times. Currently in ecfa again with Trenton. 

3) on his ranch yeehawing in Calgary 

4) definitely the whole experience with the Marlins. My last season was great with that locker room. I had a lot of fun with that group we had. 

5) Calgary Wranglers. Ummmm id say London United or The Bearz

6) this is a tough question that I think any team could actually pull it off from the top three of each division as of now. Playing same teams can’t compare to the league unfortunately.

On 3/20/2021 at 11:15 AM, Patrik Tallinder said:

1. Middle of standings, I say we can make the playoffs and go for a deep run if our key players and prospects keep earning TPE and lighting up the scoresheet.

2. Nope im loyal to the VHL 🙂

3. From the theme week GFX, Poppin quarintinis and getting some victory royals in fortnite.

4. Has to be getting my award in Miami after that bumpy end of the szn for me.

5. CALGARYYY

6. PENG-WINNNS

We got a shot for 5th place

None

Back home

Actually being a goodp player putting up points.

If either LA or Titans don't make it, it would be very funny and sad.

The Habs acquired Staal which is a very underrated moved, but the Habs center core is looking great now. We might be the best 5vs5 team when everyone is healthy (less regulation lost, we only lose in 3vs3 which won't be the case in the playoff). We also might have Caufield coming up and make a immediate impact as a goal scorer. If we can somehow get Ekholm and have a good carey price. There is a shot!

1. What do you think of our team’s start?

2. What do you think of your player’s start?

3. If we could have a team pet, what would it be and what would you name it?

4. If you could pick any person in the world to be our announcer, who would it be and why?

5. If you could have a personal endorsement deal with any company, who are you picking?

6. What is your all-time favourite hockey player?

1. I am very happy with the start to our season. Better than expected.

2. My player has had a slow start. I’m sure she will pick things up sooner or later. 
3. Little Sebastian should be our team pet. Miniature horse

4. John Shorthouse. Legendary calls he’s had in the past.

5. I like underarmour if I had to choose one.

6. Alex Burrows. Every other team hated him but he was a heart and soul guy for Vancouver.

16 hours ago, Patrik Tallinder said:

4. If you could pick any person in the world to be our announcer, who would it be and why?

5. If you could have a personal endorsement deal with any company, who are you picking?

1. Right about where we expected to be, doing pretty well. Expectations are very low for this team this season, so flirting with a .500 record is great.

2. Also right about where I expected. 9 or so points in 12 games I think, but leading the team in +/-. 

3. This is Calgary, so I assume we'd have a horse, kind of like the Stampeders?

4. Gilbert Gottfried maybe? Come on it would be hilarious to have him do play by play.

5. Maybe a craft brewery or something like that would be sweet.

6. I don't know that I have a favourite. I like Trevor Linden, being a Canucks fan. Steve Yzerman, Joe Sakic, guys that were well respected dignified leaders while also playing a strong two way game.

On 3/27/2021 at 8:00 PM, Patrik Tallinder said:

1. Not fantastic, but I think we can bounce back

2. Well, Juniper can't score. That's that

3. Rodeo bull named Paul

4. Foster Hewitt would be so cool

5. Maybe CCM or Bauer so I can get a deal on sticks

6. Being a Sabres fan, probably Jack Eichel or Ryan Miller