Saskatoon Wild press conference

Peace

1. Do you feel like you're supported in earning weekly TPE, what works well and what could work better?

I'm a welfarer. And welfare works well.
2. What's your favorite point task out of all that you've tried? Any you haven't tried but would like to?

Podcast.
3. With a few games under your belt now, what attributes do you plan to focus on improving? Or what kind of role are you aiming for overall (i.e. LW power forward, sniper, breakaway skater, etc)?

Defense, defense and defense. Passing, PH and skatign after that. Defensive dman who is capable of passing the puck competently
4. Which NHL team do you root for and why?

Habs ❤️
5. If you have followed the VHL expansion teams, how do you think they will place at the end of the season? Will any of them, or both, manage to hit the playoffs?

Havent followed. VHL needs Turku expansion team, that I would follow
6. What are your thoughts on the VHL so far? What do you like, and what don't you like?

I like Davos :) I don't like those who don't like Davos :P

For the week ending October 6th.

The weeks go by quickly. We're not last in the league, but deep in the rhubarb. Sun is rising though, hopefully for end of season and definitely for the start of the next (next season looks to have great potential I think). Six questions, two TPE.

1. A few weeks ago there was an article about shortening the season by one week, but double the TPE for one week, would that be prudent amd something you'd like to see?
2. What song do you put on in the locker room ahead of a game? (links are fine :))
3. Any specific player you want to play with on our current roster, or someone you wished played on Saskatoon?
4. If you held the press conference, which is the one burning question you would ask?
5. With Telkster and Jokinen leaving, but with the amount of picks we have for next season, how are you feeling about your future in Saskatoon Wild and the team at large?
6. The 250 TPE change was a pretty big one, how do you think it will affect you and/or the team and VHLM?

Edited by Elmebeck

(1.) It would be something I would entertain but would be happy either way. (2.) Disturbed -Down with the sickness. (3.) Jokinen. He is our quarterback on the back end.  His passes are things of beauty. (4.)  What did you have for breakfast on your last gameday?  Lol (5.)  I believe we are going to continue to improve and grow. Its exciting.  (6.) I thinks it's good. Players will have a chance to be properly VHL ready before making the jump.

15 hours ago, Elmebeck said:

For the week ending October 6th.

The weeks go by quickly. We're not last in the league, but deep in the rhubarb. Sun is rising though, hopefully for end of season and definitely for the start of the next (next season looks to have great potential I think). Six questions, two TPE.

1. A few weeks ago there was an article about shortening the season by one week, but double the TPE for one week, would that be prudent and something you'd like to see?
2. What song do you put on in the locker room ahead of a game? (links are fine :))
3. Any specific player you want to play with on our current roster, or someone you wished played on Saskatoon?
4. If you held the press conference, which is the one burning question you would ask?
5. With Telkster and Jokinen leaving, but with the amount of picks we have for next season, how are you feeling about your future in Saskatoon Wild and the team at large?
6. The 250 TPE change was a pretty big one, how do you think it will affect you and/or the team and VHLM?

A1: I think it's a good idea. Over time, it will have a great benefit to the league, eventually resulting in a whole extra completed season. But i'm also indifferent in that I love seeing my player grow over time.

A2: Nothing other than The Boys are Back and Lookin' for Glory!

A3: I wish Jokinen was still here. While he may have been strange, he was an intriguing player, a great player, and one I'd like to follow in the footsteps of, when it comes to performance.

A4: "Who the hell thought it was a good idea to sign OQuinn?"

A5: In light of some discussions with the great and Mighty Peace (and his spunky sidekick, Elmebeck), I feel pretty secure about it. Unless the Wild get unlucky in the lottery, I should be returning next year!

A6: It'll make the VHLM more strategic and dynamic, so I like it. It'll also enable me to stay in SSK next year, and possibly shoot for a cup, which is all any hockey player wants.

Edited by JohnOQuinn

Press conference for week ending October 13th.

Tough week, but now we can possibly relax and just put in time on training, experiment with lines and play more creatively and without pressure, as our position is pretty hard to climb to a playoff position from. It is of course still possible, we'll see how this week goes, but it might be nice to just play and enjoy the ice.

1. Perhaps not the best week last week, at worst ten losses in a row. Were we that outplayed do you feel, or just a bit of bad luck with bounces and margins?
2. Which snacks do you bring to the locker room ahead of a game or a training?
3. How do you feel about the S70 changes to the Career Point Tasks? (https://vhlforum.com/topic/70624-career-point-task-change/)

4. How are you liking your current ice time?
5. Do you have a rival on a competing team?
6. With the Trade Deadline coming up, do you think we will see any big moves in either VHLM or VHL?

(Edit, it's spelled Deadline, not Deadling :))

Edited by Elmebeck

1. In my opinion it was both. A few games we were outplayed heavily but other games it was a bounce the wrong way or no puck luck on our side resulting in a loss.  2. Beef Jerky! It's high protein low fat.  Saskatoon has some of the best. 3.  I like the changes. The tasks are broken up which makes it seem less overwhelming. 4. I am happy with my ice time. Especially with my production picking up. Lucky to have 3 goals 1 assists in our last 2 games.  5. Not yet but i am searching for one on a nightly basis hehe. 6. I think the VHL will have a few blockbuster trades. 

10 hours ago, Elmebeck said:

Tough week, but now we can possibly relax and just put in time on training, experiment with lines and play more creatively and without pressure, as our position is pretty hard to climb to a playoff position from. It is of course still possible, we'll see how this week goes, but it might be nice to just play and enjoy the ice.

1. Perhaps not the best week last week, at worst ten losses in a row. Were we that outplayed do you feel, or just a bit of bad luck with bounces and margins?

I think we were outplayed. I am extremely honest, and we just weren't there. Offense was amazing, but we just couldn't beat THEIR offense.

Spudnuts. They are just amazing, and Saskatoon makes some MEAN spudnuts.
3. How do you feel about the S70 changes to the Career Point Tasks? (https://vhlforum.com/topic/70624-career-point-task-change/)

Pretty neat. They look promising. We need stuff like this in the VHL/VHLM organization.

I love my ice time. As a 2nd line LW, I am on almost every special team and extra line. Saskatoon treats me well ;) .

So I got a contract offer from them (I love telling this story) and rejected them. My rival... HALISUX
6. With the Trade Deadline coming up, do you think we will see any big moves in either VHLM or VHL?

Absolutely, we NEED big trades to become more popular and get more viewer interest. AND... I want some fresh faces in Saskatoon.

(Edit, it's spelled Deadline, not Deadling :))

On 10/7/2019 at 9:08 AM, Elmebeck said:

(Edit, it's spelled Deadline, not Deadling :))

"I would never chop it up to luck. Maybe that's wrong of me, but I think a team that's good enough, that cares enough about winning, will never have to blame luck in a loss."

"Well that one there is a closely guarded secret!" Dave smiled, "For me, it's oranges. Maybe that's too healthy, with these other guys bringing jerky and.... nutspuds? What were those again?"

"I'm just really glad to be out there playing as much as I can. I like to think, like I planned at the beginning of the season, I've earned my icetime. I'm happy with what I have."

"No real Rivalries, no. I don't want to be one of these dramatic players, fighting through their whole career just to be better than the other guy. I want to fight to be the best I can regardless of who's on the other side of the rink. I do enjoy trying to push Jokinen around a bit, but it's not a rivalry."

"I can see Saskatoon doing something. Couldn't say what. As for the rest of the league, I don't follow it like that. I'm more focused on my practice than anything else"

The one that's OOC 

I'll reserve my judgement and wait for the rubrics to pop up. However I really appreciated the very early 18tpe boost from Bio+Rookie Profile, I understand why they'd want to spread it out but I find it odd. It's more preference than educated opinion though!

Edited by JohnOQuinn

Press conference for week ending Oct 20th.

I don't know if these In Character and Out Of Character worked how I marked them, I'll fine-tune it in the future. Let me know how you feel. 

Ten questions but you only have to answer six!

[INC/OOC - your choice]
1. How do you feel for next season, regarding the picks we have, the players that will stay, the players that will leave?
2. Going back to next season, and particularly the draft, any draftable players that stands out to for Saskatoon to try to catch? If you're already drafted, any players that you'd like for your new VHL team to have a look at?

3. @PotatoKing and @STZ (LVA) leads the VHLM in points and are neck to neck, but who will be the most valuable player during the playoffs? Someone else, or one of those two?
4. Who wins the VHLM final?
5. Who wins the VHL final?

[INC]
6. With playoffs closing in, any interest in following a specific team or player now that Saskatoon likely won't reach them?

7. With only fifteen games left on the season, how do you look at your own performance and output? Statswise or development wise. 
8. Do you have any changes in mind for next season in either focus or goals?
9. Are you actively rooting against Halifax 21st?

[OOC]
10. Lottery has been talked about starting up, it has been touched on in a previous press conference. The "problem" according to some people that earlier it kind of encouraged spamming the forum, as your chance to get picked was in relation to the amount of posts you had. If you could start from scratch and design a lottery system, what do you think would be a good way to do it? Or should it be abandoned altogether even?

(edit: forgot that @name doesn't automatically link when pasting)
(a few edits later: better structured and a few spelling mistakes fixed)

Edited by Elmebeck

1. Solid improvents have taken place. We should win a lot more games next season.  2.  I am confident with our current roster. No one stands out to me at the moment.  3. After looking at stats i believe @PotatoKing has got it. Either one of these players could be playoff mvp"s.  4.  I pick Las Vegas 5. Moscow 6.  Las Vegas now that I said they'll win.  7.  I struggled to get my production going.  5 goals in my first 42 games played. I have now turned it up and have scored 12 goals in my last 15 games played.  Really hoping to finish this season strong. Next season you'll see me in the 40+ goal range. 8.  Playoffs. I want to make the playoffs.  9. Yes!!! They are a rival of ours.  10.  I think a lottery would be a bad idea. 

Every good team has some hard stretch in a season, team need to think about what they can work on to be better on the ice.

As a canadien, a good poutine, but better after the game than before ^^. 

I'm new to the team, but I trust the process, ill be good. 

Sixers, wherever he is. 

Need to look at some rosters, but hockey deadlines are always great 

Constant evolution, I want to improve everyweek, stats doesn't matter.

I guess I have to ;)

Edited by AnthonyOuellet

On 10/13/2019 at 5:12 PM, Elmebeck said:

Press conference for week ending Oct 20th.

I don't know if these In Character and Out Of Character worked how I marked them, I'll fine-tune it in the future. Let me know how you feel. 

Ten questions but you only have to answer six!

[INC/OOC - your choice]
1. How do you feel for next season, regarding the picks we have, the players that will stay, the players that will leave?
2. Going back to next season, and particularly the draft, any draftable players that stands out to for Saskatoon to try to catch? If you're already drafted, any players that you'd like for your new VHL team to have a look at?

3. and (LVA) leads the VHLM in points and are neck to neck, but who will be the most valuable player during the playoffs? Someone else, or one of those two?
4. Who wins the VHLM final?
5. Who wins the VHL final?

[INC]
6. With playoffs closing in, any interest in following a specific team or player now that Saskatoon likely won't reach them?

7. With only fifteen games left on the season, how do you look at your own performance and output? Statswise or development wise. 

[OOC]
10. Lottery has been talked about starting up, it has been touched on in a previous press conference. The "problem" according to some people that earlier it kind of encouraged spamming the forum, as your chance to get picked was in relation to the amount of posts you had. If you could start from scratch and design a lottery system, what do you think would be a good way to do it? Or should it be abandoned altogether even?

(edit: forgot that @name doesn't automatically link when pasting)
(a few edits later: better structured and a few spelling mistakes fixed)

1. "I'm not really sure. I try not to think about that stuff too much, but I like a lot of the rookies on this team. Whoever is on this team next year, I just want to be a part of it."

2. "Well I hope they catch me! My wife has been going on and on about how she thinks i'm going to be a high pick this year. I don't really much care for the semantics, but I just hope here in the VHLM I stick around here in Saskatoon. As for the VHL, I'd like to stay near home." 

6. "I think, to some degree, it's my duty to follow everything that happens. Obviously I can't, and I won't, watch every game, but knowing who to watch out for on the ice is important. Knowledge is power, you know, you gotta keep up with the times before you're left behind."

7. "I don't think I've ever looked at my own stats, not once. It's all about the team, and whether the team wins. I've been told i'm doing pretty good this year, but beyond that I don't know anything about my stats. I can say that I've been working very hard this year, that I'm happy with my progress, and the team has been winning more, but I can always improve. I hope I always will, yknow?"

8. "I think i probably sound like a broken record with this one, but the goal is for the team to win. If that means I don't score a goal all season, that's okay. But if I need to score 20 for us to keep winning, that's where my eyesight will be set. It's about the team at the end of the day.

9. "Hahaha, ahh. My wife went to college there, so I don't have a choice but to root for them."

A tough season is over, playoffs here, off-season waiting. Let's focus on those.

1. Looking back at the season, do you feel we ended up where expected or could we have done anything different, either for this season or to prepare for next season?
2. This will likely be a theme for a few weeks now ;), but what's your thought on the draft? Any particular player we should aim for, or a specific position we should look to fill?
3. Playoffs and off-season will likely be minimum two weeks, probably three, which is a lot of TPE even when playing golf. What are your plans for your attributes until the start of next season?
4. Ondrej Ohradka @animal74 had an amazing 104 pts season, can he outdo himself next season or do you see someone that can challenge him on the team?
5. Looking back at the season again, no matter if you're a rookie or not, if you could give yourself advice at the start of the season knowing what you know now; what would it be?

6. I kind of promised myself to never do something like this, but it's hard to come up with good questions, so: Blue or Gold?

The_Dress_(viral_phenomenon).png

1.  I'm not sure if there was anything different  we could have done. It was a season filled with growing pains. I would have liked to contend for a playoff spot. 2.  me lol RJ Jubis 3. Continue with a balanced build with a focus on speed  and scoring. 4.  All depends on the upcoming draft. 5. I do see a 100pts season for him again tho 6.  um gold no blue ok fine gold

22 hours ago, Elmebeck said:

A tough season is over, playoffs here, off-season waiting. Let's focus on those.

1. Looking back at the season, do you feel we ended up where expected or could we have done anything different, either for this season or to prepare for next season?

Honestly, I thought we could do better. We were sloppy. I, personally, was on the ice for a lot of -'s. We could have done better, and I am slightly embarrassed of this season.
2. This will likely be a theme for a few weeks now ;), but what's your thought on the draft? Any particular player we should aim for, or a specific position we should look to fill?

I think we should target a goalie. No particular player, but just a goalie who is active a lot. I may not have been the best choice since I'm not always on, and I am also gonna be here for probably 3 more years until draft. even then I will not be able to play. I am not amazing either, but sorry for getting off topic ;).
3. Playoffs and off-season will likely be minimum two weeks, probably three, which is a lot of TPE even when playing golf. What are your plans for your attributes until the start of next season?

Welfare, press conference, practice facility, and article. I will try to do that weekly, but no promises ;).
4. Ondrej Ohradka @animal74 had an amazing 104 pts season, can he outdo himself next season or do you see someone that can challenge him on the team?

I will not say he will do worse, nor better. I think he will finish around the same. I am hoping to do better than 54 pts next season. I am hoping for 60-70.
5. Looking back at the season again, no matter if you're a rookie or not, if you could give yourself advice at the start of the season knowing what you know now; what would it be?

Stay active and just keep up on your TPE. Don't let the enemy distract you. Don't let them get into your head. Focus on the game, Kris. Focus.

6. I kind of promised myself to never do something like this, but it's hard to come up with good questions, so: Blue or Gold?

Really Fredrik? That's the best? Haha, just messing with ya, I say gold.

On 10/21/2019 at 12:57 PM, Elmebeck said:

The_Dress_(viral_phenomenon).png

1. "I think we ended up where others expected. I don't know if that plays to their knowledge and prediction, or that they were right about us being bad. It's for certain, though, that we played below what we expected personally."

2. "Eh, well, I think the team should focus on filling gaps. Get a center, get a goalie, get a defensemen. A team is a team, and your cup chances are forfeit if you have a gap."

3. "Whatever the plan is, or will be, it includes getting as much practice and work in as I can. You can't stop fighting for your spot, or you'll lose it."

4. "I think he'll outdo himself next season. Maybe he won't have as many points, but the team will be better, more acquainted, and we'll play better, Ohradka included."

5. "Don't worry about the stats, don't compare yourself to others. Just improve the best you can."

6. "Is this multiple choice, or open answer? I'd call that one green.

Week ending November 3rd

More draft, playoffs, future. Hold out, we'll soon start playing again! :) 

1. How are you holding up during the playoffs and upcoming offseason with no games happening for us at tbe moment?
2. The draft is ever closing, but predicting it is hard until the draft order is released. But have you been in contact with any teams, specifically if you're in the VHL draft, or have you written Articles or Media Spot about your hopes for the draft?
3. I have compiled individual stats on regular season, if you're staying for one more season, or have the chance to be landed by us in the draft, how do you feel about your chances to climb to the top of the all-time greats? https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HMJhQi4imN9a-9VfxvV7aH4bCtjWR_lflDeP5hRDag8/edit?usp=sharing
4. It's a minimum of two weeks until S69 starts, which may mean as much as 28 TPE, do you have a clear idea how you want to spend them?
5. In the VHLM playoffs, any teams or players that have stood out to you? Surprises or disappointments? https://vhlportal.com/VHLM/68/Playoffs/Standing.php
6. Same question as above, but for the VHL playoffs; https://vhlportal.com/VHL/68/Playoffs/Standing.php

Edited by Elmebeck

#1. I'm getting stir crazy but excited for the drafts. #2. I have been in discussions with two VHL teams but I won't release their names hehe. With both seeming to be seriously interested tho. I unfortunately have not done a media spot on the draft. #3. I truly believe I have a 60+ goal 100pts season coming up. Bold prediction i know but I am confident. #4.I will use the off season to grow and build as much as possible. I will spread the tpe on some of my focus points: speed, scoring and defense.  #5. I am surprised Las vegas is down. I had predicted them winning it all in a previous press conference. #6. I am surprised  the calgary wranglers got swept. I'm not sure who will win. I also thought Riga would possibly beat Malmo but it's looking less likely. 

On 10/27/2019 at 5:52 PM, Elmebeck said:

Week ending November 3rd

1. How are you holding up during the playoffs and upcoming offseason with no games happening for us at tbe moment?
2. The draft is ever closing, but predicting it is hard until the draft order is released. But have you been in contact with any teams, specifically if you're in the VHL draft, or have you written Articles or Media Spot about your hopes for the draft?
3. I have compiled individual stats on regular season, if you're staying for one more season, or have the chance to be landed by us in the draft, how do you feel about your chances to climb to the top of the all-time greats? https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HMJhQi4imN9a-9VfxvV7aH4bCtjWR_lflDeP5hRDag8/edit?usp=sharing
4. It's a minimum of two weeks until S69 starts, which may mean as much as 28 TPE, do you have a clear idea how you want to spend them?
5. In the VHLM playoffs, any teams or players that have stood out to you? Surprises or disappointments? https://vhlportal.com/VHLM/68/Playoffs/Standing.php
6. Same question as above, but for the VHL playoffs; https://vhlportal.com/VHL/68/Playoffs/Standing.php

In character

1. "I'm not even thinking about it. It's all about next season, and preparing for it. I've been training as hard as one reasonably can on vacation, and that won't stop any time soon."

2 "Although i'm not entirely sure i'm allowed to disclose that, i've been contacted personally by New York, Washington, and Riga." (OOC, mentioned in articles i'm in favor of New York :))

3. "It's silly to pay attention to that stuff, yknow? What'll really make any of us so called "Greats" is leading this humble city to a cup."

5. "Well, when I had time to catch up on my direct competition, I was disappointed we didn't get to see Guy Sasakamoose go further in the playoffs."

6. "I heard some teams were making fun of Seattle early in the year, so to see them swamp everyone in the playoffs like that was pretty hilarious."

OOC

4. On the key, 'important' atts. If i'm back in Sask, I wanna do my best to help win a championship.

On 10/27/2019 at 2:52 PM, Elmebeck said:

Week ending November 3rd

1. Holding up ok. Life has been busy so just trying find time to get some TPE.

2. Was drafted last year, so, no.

3. If I have another season like the last one, I think my chances are pretty good!

4. Going to keep improving my all-around game. Been working for me so far.

5. We're not in them so I haven't been paying attention much, to be honest.

6. I'm happy for the Bears, who I won a Championship with back in the day (S12?)

Week ending November 10th

Sorry for the delay, been moving (still am, in fact), but here is the off-season press-conference!

1. Capping off the season, how do you feel our GM and AGM have fared in their duties during S68?
2. And the locker room?
3. Prediction ahead of the draft, will we make playoffs next season? And how far will we go if so? (Draft picks: https://vhlportal.com/teams/12)
4. Who do you think will be taken first overall in the VHLM draft?
5. If you were the GM what one trade would you do to make our team better?
6. Are there any kinds of questions you would like to have on future press conferences? More hockey, or more personal? 

Edited by Elmebeck

On 11/4/2019 at 5:12 PM, Elmebeck said:

Week ending November 10th

Sorry for the delay, been moving (still am, in fact), but here are the off-season press-conference!

1. Capping of the season, how do you feel our GM and AGM have fared in their duties during S68?
2. And the locker room?
3. Prediction ahead of the draft, will we make playoffs next season? And how far will we go if so? (Draft picks: https://vhlportal.com/teams/12)
4. Who do you think will be taken first overall in the VHLM draft?
5. If you were the GM what one trade would you do to make our team better?
6. Are there any kinds of questions you would like to have on future press conferences? More hockey, or more personal? 

1. I found the GM and AGM both friendly, helpful, and attentive: Aware of their players. It's been good.

2. Not overly active, but not inactive, everyone who WAS active was helpful and friendly. Again, it was good.

3. Absolutely we will! I'm thinking, with some post-draft moves from our GM, we will probably make the semi-finals or finals. 

4. @R Jubis

5. I don't entirely know how the sim engine works, but I would focus on depth scoring. When your top lines slump, you need your bottom end to be able to take over for a while.

6. Well, one's that are easy for you to come up with, first and foremost. But otherwise, more personal for me, since I don't know the leagues to well.