Philadelphia Reapers Press Conference

BladeMaiden

9 hours ago, BladeMaiden said:

phila1.png

Hello Reaper Nation! Here are 12 new questions hot off the presses! This Weeks Theme Outside the rink! A reminder for all our new Reapers that answering 3 is worth 1 tpe and answering 6 is worth 2 !

1-The Song you listen to to get hyped on your way to a game?

2-Is it hard for you to find skates you like, do you go skate shopping alone or do you trust the trainer to take care of it?

3-Do you believe in luck? If so do you have a lucky object that you associate with playing Hockey?

4-Do you think you clean up well? Have you ever had to go to a big hockey event? Tell us about it.

5-How hard was it finding somewhere to live in Philly?

6-Name one thing that had to be located near your new house (fast food, game shop, park,tennis court, ect)

7-Reapers like to have fun, name one thing you like to do to let loose.

8-Are you most likely to break out into singing or dancing or are you running to hide in a corner?

9- Oddest thing in your vehicles trunk.

10-Who do you hang out with the most off the ice?

11-Are You a pet person? What type of pet do you have and how is it trying to take care of an animal when you are on the road so much

12-Oddest Job you've ever had that is non hockey related?

Team Tag:

GM @BladeMaiden

AGM @Jubo07

Team:

@FerdaJets @Jayrad28 @Spartacus @zepheter @RJMW @Shaka @Dilly Dilly @Big Mac @Benson @Ty343 @THEMARD @Psanchez55 @Green @Tophdaddy @Jayhawk @Midnite @Riggsy @Sunburst @uphillmoss

1. Firework - Katy Perry, don't ask and it isn't my fault that song still slaps.

2. It isn't hard to find skate I like, no. I trust the trainer and usually I'll wear whatever they bring.

5. It wasn't too hard, there were a lot of great places on the market.

6. I had to have a park located near my apartment to give my dog a space to run around.

10. Off the ice I usually keep to myself.

11. I am a pet person, I have a dog and it isn't too hard, you can hire people to take care of animals while you're away.

9 hours ago, BladeMaiden said:

phila1.png

Hello Reaper Nation! Here are 12 new questions hot off the presses! This Weeks Theme Outside the rink! A reminder for all our new Reapers that answering 3 is worth 1 tpe and answering 6 is worth 2 !

2-Is it hard for you to find skates you like, do you go skate shopping alone or do you trust the trainer to take care of it?

3-Do you believe in luck? If so do you have a lucky object that you associate with playing Hockey?

4-Do you think you clean up well? Have you ever had to go to a big hockey event? Tell us about it.

6-Name one thing that had to be located near your new house (fast food, game shop, park,tennis court, ect)

8-Are you most likely to break out into singing or dancing or are you running to hide in a corner?

11-Are You a pet person? What type of pet do you have and how is it trying to take care of an animal when you are on the road so much

Team Tag:

GM @BladeMaiden

AGM @Jubo07

Team:

@FerdaJets @Jayrad28 @Spartacus @zepheter @RJMW @Shaka @Dilly Dilly @Big Mac @Benson @Ty343 @THEMARD @Psanchez55 @Green @Tophdaddy @Jayhawk @Midnite @Riggsy @Sunburst @uphillmoss

1. Sandstorm/ Crab Rave

2. I like to go on my own to make sure i get the best fit possible. Poorly fit skates are the worst thing in the world. 

3. I think luck plays a part in a lot of things, but I dont have a lucky object or anything like that. Sometimes she goes, sometimes she doesnt.

4. Ya i think I have pretty good style. High school graduation and weddings come to mind, I always get complimented on my suits/hair.

5. Pretty easy, theres lots of nice apartments in downtown Philly.

6. Good restaurants for sure. I dont always have time to cook, so being able to go out and grab some good food is a must.

Far Out - Worlds Apart.

It certainly has a hype movie trailer vibe but it gets the adrenaline pumping well.

If something more to loosen up I'd go with Get Ugly by Jason Derulo.

I've always warn the same brand and typically the same model. Just like our GM I like my blades to be sharp.

Family initials written inside my right glove hand.

Borwinn may or may not have been at the VHL awards ceremony this past week. He cleans up quite well if I may say so ;)

Disc Golf park and for sure a grocery store within a 10 minute drive.

Dance like a mad-man or entertain with some Karaoke!

13 hours ago, BladeMaiden said:

Sure...

The NSHL awards show was a pretty big event. It would have been bigger if idk, the league didn't fold...

It wasn't easy... The stadium seats aren't that bad to sleep on tho.

A good basketball court. Gotta play pickup on the off days.

Play hockey of course. But if not hockey, it's basketball.

Who doesn't run and hide in a corner.? If you catch Brandon dancing, shoot him. He's gone mad.

The trunk is empty . Nothing odder than that...

1. You guys won the cup this year right?

2. Did you sweep the finals?

3. It seems you had the best team in the VHLM by far?

4. Do you expect to be able to repeat?

5. Did you laugh at Mexico for playing Bot Goaltenders?

6. Where do you get the best cheesesteak?

7. Do you take friends and family on tour to things like the Liberty Bell?

8. Do you think one year in the VHLM is enough for players?

9. Is the VHLM just a screening process?

10. How do you think your draft recently went?

1- The Song you listen to to get hyped on your way to a game? 

Gulping Bud Light is music to my ears. 

2- Is it hard for you to find skates you like, do you go skate shopping alone or do you trust the trainer to take care of it?

I don't have time for that. Trainer does it for me upon request.

3- Do you believe in luck? If so do you have a lucky object that you associate with playing Hockey?

I don't believe in luck. 

5- How hard was it finding somewhere to live in Philly?

Doyle offered me a place to stay. He probably regrets that now, but I don't really care. 

6- Name one thing that had to be located near your new house (fast food, game shop, park,tennis court, ect)

I bought a house and turned it into my own personal bar. Will I share it with the team? Nope.

7- Reapers like to have fun, name one thing you like to do to let loose.

Drink until I've had enough, then continue drinking. 

On 7/7/2019 at 11:32 PM, BladeMaiden said:

phila1.png

2. It is pretty hard to be honest. Normally, I go find skates I’d wear myself. I just feel like i’d have the best opinion on what would work for me over what my trainers would think. I do keep their opinions in mind, but at the end of the day i’m the one wearing the skates. 

3. I do believe in luck. I always carry around the puck I had scored my first goal with back in my junior league. Always feel that it’ll help me play my best during games when I have it around.

5. Not too hard honestly. Thanks to my family ties here, finding a home wasn’t too much of a challenge since they knew the city so well. 

6. Couldn’t choose one so i’ll go with two. Firstly, A gym because outside of hockey I do enjoy working out a lot. Secondly, a barbershop. Always gotta have a fresh cut at all times. Makes it easier if it’s only a little walk away. 

8. Definitely break out into singing or dancing. Gotta live in the moment.

11. I am a pet person. I recently just got a Pomsky (Pomeranian/Husky mix). It’s a small dog so it’s not too much trouble. I also have a personal dog sitter when i’m away. So he’s in good hands. 

1-What did you think of the VHLM Draft? Were there any surprises for you? 

I thought it went tremendously well for us, and I think some other teams found some good players through the draft. Although, I did notice a lot of poor picks midway through the draft. 

2- Did you listen to the draft stream? What makes a draft interesting for you? 

Personally, I like the draft because it’s an important building block to each franchise. It gives fans of each team a chance to get to know their future stars and gives them incentive to watch their development closer than before. 

3- S67 is about to start with a Loaded Reaper Roster how do you feel about this? 

We’re going to win. 

4-Guy with the best name on our team and why. 

I like Flashback because it is kinda different and a name you will 100% remember after a season like the one we’re about to have. I think Bud Knight is funny though. 

5-How are you settling in to life in Philadelphia? 

It’s great, other than the fact that I let Bud stay at my place and he’s completely trashed it. There’s always glass on the floor because he throws his empty bottles at the trash can. 

8-What are your personal goals for the season? 

I’d like to at least double the 39 points I got last season on the third line. Triple would be great, but I don’t think it’s all that easy to score 117 points. 

9- What VHLM team do you think will struggle at this point? 

Everybody but us. 

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 1:32 AM, BladeMaiden said:

taphila1.png

Team Tag:

GM @BladeMaiden

AGM @Jubo07

Team:

2. Do you think I trust some trainer to know what he is doing? Have you seen the guy? He is like some sort of half man half tiger thing, what the f*** would he know about my feet. So I go out and buy the most expensive pair of skates I can find. The higher the price, the better they are right?

5. So many people didn't want to sell to me. They kept saying that I was crazy or something. Yo blade, can you do something about this?

7. I like to have fun by working on my windmill saves, talking with teammates, and annoying opponents.

8. Neither. I walk up to the DJ and make him put on a different song.

9. C̶o̶c̶a̶i̶n̶, I mean uh … flour. Definitely just flour. Perfectly ordinary non suspicious flour 

12. Working for Armando. Not going to say much, but lets just say he provides my flour.

Thunderstruck if we are playing a rival, One shot if other.

It was at first, Then i found this amazing Philly cheese steak place and decided to rent an apartment across the street.

Like the previous question, The best Philly Cheese steak place in Philly.

HAHAHA, Both singing and dancing, with out thinking, especially if theres a J.T song that comes on.

An extra pair of Boxer shorts because, lets be honest, You never know when you are going to need them.

Watermelon baller for a wedding hall

I do not believe in luck, everything that we can do to win, we need to do. If we lose, we just were not good enough.
No such thing like lucky objects, we need ourselves to be good in order to win.

Training Area

My Quentin Barnes voodoo doll, gave him a lot of fun injuries with that thing!

Kyle Sabertooth, he is our teams trainer and helps me to increase my strength and off ice workouts to an intense as possible level. I need to remain focussed on my goal, so I don't really do anything outside of training, eating and resting.

I had to eat dinner with the Ki's during my rookie season in the Galactic Football League. Trust me, with that smell and their eating habits. That definitly classifies as a job!

• Quik unpinned this topic
On 7/8/2019 at 12:32 AM, BladeMaiden said:

phila1.png

Team Tag:

GM @BladeMaiden

AGM @Jubo07

Team:

Answering the second half for this week.

7. Love to go rip it up at the bars after games. Booze is a great way to celebrate, or a great cure for being upset after a tough loss.

8. If I am drunk, both. If im not, ill be in the corner lol.

9. Had a couple baseballs in there for probably a year, even through winter. 

10. Fang, hes a pretty firey guy, can usually count on something interesting happening when out with him.

11. I love dogs, and cats are pretty cool too. I dont have anything right now. Due to me being single, there isnt really anyone to take care of a pet, and I dont think it would be super fair to it to be leaving it alone a lot of the time.

12. Was an umpire for little league when i was 12. That was not a fun time. 

image.png

Hello My Reapers! Here are 12 more questions for you to pick from ! Category is On The Ice! A reminder for all our new Reapers that answering 3 is worth 1 tpe and answering 6 is worth 2 !

1-Person you would most like to slash and why?

2-What is your on ice personality (are you a leader, calm, feisty, the penalty baiter?)

3-Do you show up to every practice, and are you on time?

4-Best friend on the team?

5-How do you think the season is going now that we are a few games in?

6-How do you feel about being in 2nd place?

7-The Reapers are known for being a team that works hard until they accomplish their goals, do you think you fit that persona?

8-Speaking of persona's do you fit the team's dark reaper branding?

9- A suggestion for a LR topic on the forum we should discuss?

10-One thing you would do if you ran a VHLM team?

11- What do you think of the lines and where you are in the lineup?

12- Do we need to get a cage for Fang? I heard he have been slashing shins. Tell me what shenanigans he has been up to and what we should do with out crazy tendie !

Team Tag:

GM @BladeMaiden

AGM @Jubo07

Team:

47 minutes ago, BladeMaiden said:

image.png

Hello My Reapers! Here are 12 more questions for you to pick from ! Category is On The Ice! A reminder for all our new Reapers that answering 3 is worth 1 tpe and answering 6 is worth 2 !

2-What is your on ice personality (are you a leader, calm, feisty, the penalty baiter?)

7-The Reapers are known for being a team that works hard until they accomplish their goals, do you think you fit that persona?

12- Do we need to get a cage for Fang? I heard he have been slashing shins. Tell me what shenanigans he has been up to and what we should do with out crazy tendie !

Team Tag:

GM @BladeMaiden

AGM @Jubo07

Team:

1. Whoever steps into my crease and tries to screen me. I like to be able to see the puck, so if someone gets in my way, I take out their shins.

2. I have the mindset of an enforcer. I will protect my team, and I will protect the crease.

3. I am always there and on time. Unless it is for a very good reason. My excuses are all very legitimate(I hope they don't ask sabertooth about this)

4. Probably Condor. He is a dman that I can trust no matter what.

5. Philly is dominate as always. The only reason we have lost games is because the management doesn't trust mr for the big games.

6. I hate it. We shoud be in first. Maybe if you put me in more, we wouldn't lose these games.

7. If that goal is to destroy the other teams shins then yes.

8. Yes. I have a feeling a lot of the other teams hate me.

9. I think that we should discus why or GMs are absolutely crazy.

11. I think that you like Sunny too much. I am clearly the better goalie.

12. No you don't need to put me in a cage. I am totally sane. And definitely not on crack. I have no idea what you mean by shenaigans

5 hours ago, BladeMaiden said:

image.png

Team Tag:

GM @BladeMaiden

AGM @Jubo07

Team:

(Another claim for the next two weeks)

1. The Czar haven’t seen him putting in the work.

2. I’d say I’m calm.

3. I show up to practice every day, and on time. I refuse to let Uphillmoss punish me.

4. Wow you have to make me choose. I’d say it’s between Fang and Condor.

5. Pretty good hopefully our next ten is dominant

6. Pretty good I’m hoping to slide into 1st you know Pearson is gonna he a big help doing that.

7. I’ve waited an hour to get a Big Mac, but then I had to work for it so Mr. Uphillmoss wouldn’t throw it away.

8. I mean I don’t think I do. Fang definetely does, and I can say that cause he slashed someone in practice.

9. Not much though I think we should make a Fang Penalty Box.

10. Assemble the old Reapers.

11. I believe I’m on the 2nd line. So yes I’m in the lineup. I could be wrong though.

12. I don’t want to do the unbelievable I don’t know if he knows what a penalty box is. In practice someone else has to go to the box.

Edited by Big Mac

Gloria cause blues are my team 

I feel 2nd is good but I’m new to the team so I don’t know our quality 

i play soccer not hockey but I think i am a leader 

Yes I show up to every practice 

no my best friend does swimming 

i woul mostly commit a foul a foul if I’m frustrated 

20 hours ago, BladeMaiden said:

image.png

Team Tag:

GM @BladeMaiden

AGM @Jubo07

Team:

1. The whole team has been solid. Some shaky play in net but it’s still early in the year.

2.Id say I’m a fiesty leader. I like to lead by example.

3. I’m always a half an hour early for practice and I ya stay late to have the rink to myself.

4.Either Condor or Fang. Me and Scotty and kinda close since we are former teammates which is nice to have.

5. Pretty happy, we’re second in the league, and I’m having a pretty solid season.

6.Pretty good. Wish we were first though.

7.Absolutely. I pride myself on my work ethic, I always push myself to get to where I wanna be and what I wanna achieve.

8. I do, I’m a pretty scrappy aggressive player. 

9.how to raid Area 51 

10.Build through the draft, trade for draft picks and rebuild until I build a championship team.

11. I think I fit well on the second line, I’ve embraced the role.

12.Maybe, but Idk if the cage will contain him...

Yes always on time as a captain should be (Helsinki).

We are still working on line chemistries so a loss here an there is nothing our of the ordinary. Once we have all lines clicking we will be a constant threat. Starting 6-1-1 is certainly nothing to be concerned with.

See answer for #5. With time we will find our consistency and be able to fend off any opponent.

Absolutely. We have built a franchise with an expectation of success. As a former GM turned AGM I have always done what is best for my team and their interests.

Pretty much follow the Reapers model to a tee and focus on a fun locker-room and constantly building our community.

12- Do we need to get a cage for Fang? I heard he have been slashing shins. Tell me what shenanigans he has been up to and what we should do with our crazy tendie !
There is no secret he wants to be the outright starter this season. He has been vocal about this and has made several jokes at the gain of good RP. I think we let him ride his confidence to the top of the VHLM!

Minnesota GM. Don't care who it is. I want my penalty minutes to make an impact this time.

I like to drink.

I run on my own schedule.

Keg.

We need to win every game or we suck.

If you aren't first you might as well be last.

I don't think about important things like that. I just play

Beer. Lots and lots of beer.

Definitely give myself less minutes on the ice and more minutes drinking.

I like to get points and drink beer on the bench.

12- Do we need to get a cage for Fang? I heard he has been slashing shins. Tell me what shenanigans he has been up to and what we should do with our crazy tendie!

Shock collar is the only option. Or beer. Yes, I think that might work well too.

I'd consider Case Martell stoic.

First to show, last to leave.

Haven't made good friends quite yet. It'll come with time.

It's going well! I need to figure out why Case is seeing so little ice time and remedy that.

It's not first, so I think that pretty much answers that.

I think I do. I've been quiet and behind the scenes, but of all the first-year S68 draftees, Case has had the most TPE to this point. I'm proud of keeping up with that.

I don't think I do, actually. I don't know if Case is dark or light right now. He's very much in an influential time in his life haha.

I just brought this up in a closed meeting. I'm a team player, so if the team wants me to play first or last line, 12 minutes or 20, I'm going to do that to the best of my ability. As long as I know what's being expected of me and what the plan behind that is. I don't want to feel I'm being underutilized. Thankfully, I'm so damn new and green, I'm just trying to keep my head down and learn the ropes.

I am A . huge shit talker. I have no issue yapping away and getting under your skin.

I do, However being on time....Well, lets say my alarm, car, and traffic are issues, ya we'll go with that.

Its only the beginning, things can change so we need to stay sharp

Just a matter of time before 2nd becomes 1st

I do. I am driven to reach my goals, unless my girlfriend says otherwise.

Team Movie night. Always great for team bonding

I like to keep to myself. More apologetic than rude.

I show up early to every practice.

I don't think I have a best friend. They're all so great and I am grateful to be a part of this team.

Just as expected. We're gonna win it all.

We'll be first in good time. I believe in our team.

I do. I don't really like to make excuses. If there's something I'm doing wrong, I do what I must to fix it. Regardless of the difficulty. 

Focussed and calm, waiting for every opportunity to claim advantage for the team

I show up first and leave as last. I won't let an opportunity to get better slip.

Sigard Gunnar always comes in running and hugging after me. Got to love him!

We're not on top, but we are playing great so far. It's all about the process.

It's a playoff spot so we are definitly fine.

Yes and no, as I feel being on the Reapers it is more about team goals. If I wanted personal success and higher stats, I would be better off with a less deep team.

phila1.png

Hi Team I know i have been a bit lazy with the press conference questions lately so I have a new bunch for you! Here are 16 new questions hot off the presses! This Weeks Theme Summer Fun & Teammates A reminder for all our new Reapers that answering 3 is worth 1 tpe and answering 6 is worth 2 !

1-Favorite Summer activity?

2-Do you like the weather to be hot or cold? (why)

3- Where would you like to go on a summer vacation!

4-Should VHL and VHLM teams have fun summer logos? what would ours look like?

5-lemonade, sweet tea, iced tea, beer or a cooler? what is the perfect summer drink?

6-Who puts alcohol in their water bottle?

7-Team member with the craziest reputation and what they did to deserve it.

To set the scene for the next few questions The Reapers are Throwing a Pool party! Blade is having the whole team over at the house plus everyone in "The Graveyard" in our LR.

8-What Party member would use this pool floatie and tag them! tell me a bit about why they would rock this!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQXIjFfImhD5fkCpDZUeXdor images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0BsxZcZZPsRhc26eCWoSorbeav.jpgor Oversized-Disney-Pool-Floats-2-518x500.j

9- What Party member would use this pool floatie and tag them! tell me a bit about why they would rock this!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS9nyllwON87EzGYTuUn6Lor images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0jRTYLE8EmXUnZR64cdgorimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRRKNBibOcvKU0dIRJnE0Hor file_ea8cc488.jpeg?width=1200&region=0,0

10-What Party member would use this pool floatie and tag them! tell me a bit about why they would rock this!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRqq5xE59OQ8sxm8ZaBzUxorFun-Pool-Floats-you-Need-This-summer-1.jor5cdd75aa93a1520b2c4cded4-750.jpg or images?q=tbn:ANd9GcShThvq9KX4vm0UTImcOBV

11-What Party member would use this pool floatie and tag them! tell me a bit about why they would rock this!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRyUDyQZ-uvwmGwldUi49n(pick one)

Mimosa_Inc_Guide_To_Arranging_Inflatable

12-What Party member would use this pool floatie and tag them! tell me a bit about why they would rock this!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTbXSqCwn7HF2nar0drn-c or images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJA2DxjvxG_rmw2KaWqg0or images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTnsnvtrz0tLHxRCNQgx5F

13-What Party member would use this pool floatie and tag them! tell me a bit about why they would rock this!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_wDS9dWJ54ufO4V4W3HVor images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR3XRzhuA9VUPb9U7TyISp orimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ_7vpcrZshBDhGLmTw1Qv

14-What Party member would use this pool floatie and tag them! tell me a bit about why they would rock this!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTT18qnulkA7bTWYfCqkUIor images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSBg034uJTWUdg_O7qly-0or images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRPX6P4MMwsuGG1KIM0vFJ(it's a pink coffin lol)

15-What are you bringing to our Summer bash?

16-Did you have fun at the party? what did you do while there?

Team Tag:

GM @BladeMaiden

AGM @Jubo07

Team:

Edited by BladeMaiden