Special Event Announcement

Quik

Hi Everyone!

I apologize for the tardiness on getting the Special Event up, I meant to have it on Sunday, but things got crazy and you don't want to hear about my problems ?

Anyways, @Beketov and I thought that we should reward everyone for sticking through what has been a long off-season with a special Doubles Week Event. However, this doubles week will be different than regular doubles weeks, in that the Doubles points won't come from a 6 TPE Point Task, but rather from any other Capped TPE (excluding welfare/pension/affiliate welfare). That's right, any Capped TPE earned outside of regular point tasks will be worth double, up to 6 Uncapped TPE. This TPE may come from VHL.com Submissions, Press Conferences, Trivia, or Job Pay.

Also, something we noticed when coming up with this idea was a lack of variety in ways to earn TPE. We are looking to fix that with new potential 2 TPE Point Tasks, and the first step in that direction is splitting up VHL.com Articles and VHL.com Graphics. Now, you may submit one of each, for 2 Capped TPE each. Stay tuned for new potential ways to earn TPE!

Thanks again to everyone for baring with us during this long off-season, and we hope to have the season rolling shortly!

@Members

3 minutes ago, Peace said:

Can this apply to ones already submitted for this week? 

Yes. Best bet would be to wait until you've submitted your Capped TPE, then just submit a single update as 'Other' to double your non-PT TPE.

13 minutes ago, rjfryman said:

Since Triva is not active this week, could we also use this on doubling our 'reviews' points as well?

Yes, Review counts as Job Pay. Basically any Capped TPE can be doubled, with the exception of Point Tasks/Welfare/Pension/Affiliate Welfare, up to 6 TPE.

3 minutes ago, Hybrid1486 said:

I've already claimed a donation free week...can I claim this from that?

You may claim next week.

2 minutes ago, xDParK said:

Nice, so this week I’ve done 

welfare 

PC 2 tpe 

vhl.com 2 tpe 

recruitment 1 tpe

PF 2 tpe

So I can claim an extra 4 total for the PC/vhl.com , correct?

correct

Shit, I'm gonna be hitting cap every week no problem now with the ability to post a fan590 and a card every week. :o

One thing to please consider BOG, if we're adding more capped TPE, think about doing it like SBA does where you're limited to 9 capped TPE without job pay (I guess in our case it would be 10). With fan590s and quotes being split, and more capped TPE options being added, it's gonna be much easier to hit cap every week and that could lead to less interest in jobs from members.

Edited by .sniffuM

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, .sniffuM said:

One thing to please consider BOG, if we're adding more capped TPE, think about doing it like SBA does where you're limited to 9 capped TPE without job pay (I guess in our case it would be 10). With fan590s and quotes being split, and more capped TPE options being added, it's gonna be much easier to hit cap every week and that could lead to less interest in jobs from members.

Honestly I've never seen members suddenly not wanting to do jobs because they can get the pay elsewhere. I get the concept of it but it's never been a problem. People who are likely take take jobs still tend to take them. Personally I've never liked the split cap because it flat out tells members "you haven't been here long enough to have a job so you automatically earn less than those that do". I like that in the VHL anyone has the opportunity to hit the full cap, it just depends how you want to get your points.

14 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Honestly I've never seen members suddenly not wanting to do jobs because they can get the pay elsewhere. I get the concept of it but it's never been a problem. People who are likely take take jobs still tend to take them. Personally I've never liked the split cap because it flat out tells members "you haven't been here long enough to have a job so you automatically earn less than those that do". I like that in the VHL anyone has the opportunity to hit the full cap, it just depends how you want to get your points.

The difference here though is that anyone in the VHL can earn job pay via reviewing. Maybe add on another way for everyone to earn job pay? Nothing I can think of off the top of my head for that though.

I guess my concern isn't really not having people doing jobs, more people becoming complacent in their jobs knowing that even if they lose them, they'll be able to earn cap without much extra effort.

36 minutes ago, TheFlash said:

But for real, can  we double Reddit as well? That’d fall under recruitment I would say

No, that's recruitment points. Sonnet was referring to  @Recruitment Crew  who receive full pay

10 minutes ago, Goonie said:

I used my free week this week, can I claim this next week

Yes

52 minutes ago, .sniffuM said:

Shit, I'm gonna be hitting cap every week no problem now with the ability to post a fan590 and a card every week. :o

Honestly the fact that I don't need a job to cap is one of the biggest draws to this league for me. Obviously having a separate cap for jobs is useful (and possibly needed) if you have a lot of jobs that need filling, but especially in a world where the portal can handle a lot of things that used to require a job, it's not needed.

39 minutes ago, .sniffuM said:

The difference here though is that anyone in the VHL can earn job pay via reviewing. Maybe add on another way for everyone to earn job pay? Nothing I can think of off the top of my head for that though.

I guess my concern isn't really not having people doing jobs, more people becoming complacent in their jobs knowing that even if they lose them, they'll be able to earn cap without much extra effort.

Reviewing doesn't fall under job pay. Not while submitting anyways.

If people are going to be complacent, fire them and replace them with someone else. We have enough people raring for jobs constantly right now. So what if they can still hit cap after being fired, it's the same as not having a job in the first place. 

2 hours ago, omgitshim said:

Honestly the fact that I don't need a job to cap is one of the biggest draws to this league for me. Obviously having a separate cap for jobs is useful (and possibly needed) if you have a lot of jobs that need filling, but especially in a world where the portal can handle a lot of things that used to require a job, it's not needed.

I definitely understand your angle but on the other hand the easier it is for people to earn full cap every week the less variance you see because the league is designed for maxing attributes at the top end. The only difference really will be between those with carryover and those without, and it can hurt semi-active members as well.

I don't want to be the sky is falling down guy and overreact to an innocuous change, it's great for the league that there are more members than ever before that want to earn as much as possible. But for years SHLers stayed away from the league because it was 'too much work' (I've always maintained that it takes way more 'work' to make a player that can even play in the pros there). If the standard level for a VHL player increases by as much as it could with more and more options to hit the cap though that could push away the members that just want to chill and earn 6-8 a week.

48 minutes ago, .sniffuM said:

I definitely understand your angle but on the other hand the easier it is for people to earn full cap every week the less variance you see because the league is designed for maxing attributes at the top end. The only difference really will be between those with carryover and those without, and it can hurt semi-active members as well.

I don't want to be the sky is falling down guy and overreact to an innocuous change, it's great for the league that there are more members than ever before that want to earn as much as possible. But for years SHLers stayed away from the league because it was 'too much work' (I've always maintained that it takes way more 'work' to make a player that can even play in the pros there). If the standard level for a VHL player increases by as much as it could with more and more options to hit the cap though that could push away the members that just want to chill and earn 6-8 a week.

Tbf, if they are fine earning 6-8 a week, then they probably aren't gunning to be super stars anyway. If there's not enough room for them on a roster, then it's time for expansion!

Again the separate job cap can be a good tool for a sim league if there is trouble with getting jobs done (which I don't think is the case here); and any league that has one should have jobs readily available so that people who want to put in the effort can.