Moscow Menace Press Conference

PC Questions

Week Ending 10/31

Sorry was out of power till now

1. Playoffs are upon us. What have you done to prepare for the playoffs?

2. Who do you think is out biggest rival in the European Conference in this playoffs?

3. If we make it to the finals, who do you think we will face and what would the result be?

4. Do you celebrate Halloween and if so what is your most memorable costume you had?

5. (Fun one and a stolen one) Alright, it's yet another late presser and I want you to guess what I did all week. Wrong answers only.

6. How has your favorite NHL team been doing so far this season?

Been putting points into checking cause we all know there's more grind than skill in the playoffs. Hopefully we match up well against Prague.

2. Who do you think is out biggest rival in the European Conference in this playoffs?

Malmo, considering they're the defending champions and we matched up well against them in the regular season. 

3. If we make it to the finals, who do you think we will face and what would the result be?

I think we'll face Chicago and it'll go to 7 games. I'd rather not predict the outcome because of the jinx factor.

4. Do you celebrate Halloween and if so what is your most memorable costume you had?

My costumes have all been pretty terrible over the years. But my best would be the time I did a pub crawl and dressed as a basketball hoop.

5. (Fun one and a stolen one) Alright, it's yet another late presser and I want you to guess what I did all week. Wrong answers only.

You spent 238 hours coming up wth this presser. That's why you've resorted to this question.

6. How has your favorite NHL team been doing so far this season?

Terrible but that's as expected when you cheer for the Vancouver Cubs.

On 10/29/2021 at 10:34 PM, BrutalBoost said:

PC Questions

Week Ending 10/31

1. Stay consistent and keep improving every day.

2. Malmo for sure. I think it’s ours to lose.

3. I think we take Vancouver in 7 games

4. This year I went as a hot dog.. lots of kids used the term glizzy. I’m officially old now.

5. Week long coma.

6. Leafs have been shit. So frustrating..

On 10/29/2021 at 10:34 PM, BrutalBoost said:

PC Questions

Week Ending 10/31

(Gonna hijack this for TPE)

1. I'm not on a team but am going to earn to prepare

2. Going to copy Steezy and say Malmo I guess

3. Not sure but Vancouver maybe

4. I haven't gone in years

5. You ran a jazzercise class all week

6. Sadly Pitt is at the bottom of the standings right now

PC Questions

Week Ending 11/7

1. If we win the cup what is the first thing you gonna do with it?

2. If you could be a super here, which super hero would you choose and why?

3. We have been cutting through the opposition like butter. Does this continue or will someone put a stop to us?

4. Who would be the teams MVP for the playoffs thus far?

5. What is your favorite hockey move/trick?

6. Do you think we going to make a run for playoffs again next season?

12 hours ago, BrutalBoost said:

PC Questions

Week Ending 11/7

3. We have been cutting through the opposition like butter. Does this continue or will someone put a stop to us?

1. I refuse to answer this question while we're still in the playoffs. I'm not superstitious, but I'm stitious for sure. No jinxing this run!

2. If we're just becoming an existing superhero, I'd think being Thor would be cool. At this point in his MCU arc, he's all about beer and lightning and he upgraded his weapon. I dig that.

3. I'm hesitant again to comment too much, but I think that this team was built this way for a reason. Our offseason acquisitions have all been fantastic, Rara, Glass, Johansson, Walker and our rookie call-up Markov have all been playing solid hockey and contributing in just about every game. I think it's unrealistic to win out from here, we're in the semifinals right now. The competition has to be tough to have gotten to this point.

4. We've got 8 players at a point per game or higher, all their stats are ridiculous and key to getting us to this point. But Rara @Victor has a ridiculous .950 save percentage and a 1.83 GAA. Absolutely insane goaltending, has to be our MVP thus far.

5. I love the one handed tuck in chel, it's one of my favorite breakaway moves.

6. Absolutely. We're going to have to replace Walker on the back end, and Rara will be moving on to greener pastures since we have Papa ready to take over the net. The rest of our core is sticking together, we just have to see what will happen with a couple pending UFA's and if we'll be able to bring them back, or if we'll have to find other ways to replace them.

1. If we win the cup what is the first thing you gonna do with it?

I agree with @Spartan and refuse to answer, let's just enjoy our first playoff run.

2. If you could be a super hero, which super hero would you choose and why?

Quick silver because his super power would really assist me in my say to day life. I'd just have to deal with aging faster.

3. We have been cutting through the opposition like butter. Does this continue or will someone put a stop to us?

I think the Continental Cup final won't be a cake walk for either team. We saw a 4-1 win for Van and a 3-2 win for Moscow today.

Rara Rasputin @Victor his numbers have been unreal so far. Hopefully he can keep the form he found in game 2 versus Van.

Really like watching a good point shot goal as boring as that can be, it's just so cool to see the puck.make it into the net through all that traffic.

6. Do you think we going to make a run for playoffs again next season?

Yes, anything less would be disappointing. Hopefully @Spartan can build up the team again with the limited cap space.

On 11/4/2021 at 9:40 PM, BrutalBoost said:

PC Questions

Week Ending 11/7

1. Who gonna answer this question… ME. When we win the cup the first thing I’m gonna do is French kiss it.

2. I don’t really know much about superhero’s.. I dunno maybe one that time travels would be cool.

3. Vancouver will definitely not be an easy matchup. We looked great so far in the playoffs but Vancouver is built different.

4. Rara has been insane for us. I think for us to win the cup he needs to be our MVP.

5. I always loved pulling off the Datsyuk

6. Of course. This is just the beginning!

We didn't , but if we would have, I would have visited Simon T and smash his face in for not fixing this exploit.

Morph, i would love to have some morphing powers so I could transform into a vancouver player and score some own goals to let Moscow win the cup.

We have been stopped unfortunately.

Ra ra rasputin, russia's greatest goaltending machine.

The flying V i guess? I dont know any other 'tricks'

Definitly! Moscow will rise!

PC Questions.

Week Ending 11/14

1. Well, the season is over. What is your plan for the off season?

2. Who would you say was the most improved player this past season?

3. Which VHL team would you say has the loudest fan base?

4. When you feeling down what is the one thing that would instantly raise you up?

5. Who you think Moscow should pick up this draft? Or which position you think should be focused on more this draft?

6. Who would you say was your best friend in the locker room this season?

Earn and bank. Maybe put some points in Sk and PH if @Spartan thinks it won' t hurt me down the road. Bank first then see.

Duncan Idaho but he's going to be our MVP going forward so that's to be expected. Here's to hoping he takes another big step.in Season 81.

I would say Seattle just due to their prolonged recent success. Now that they'll be going through a rebuild I'm not so sure if they will have it going forward.

4. When you feeling down what is the one thing that would instantly raise you up?

A highly caffeinated earl grey tea or some delicious spicy miso Ramen.

5. Who you think Moscow should pick up this draft? Or which position you think should be focused on more this draft?

I think we should consider moving the pick since the team is in win now mode.

Even though he was traded we could still feel the presence of @N0HBDY in the locker room. Always a joy to have around.

On 11/13/2021 at 12:08 AM, BrutalBoost said:

PC Questions.

Week Ending 11/14

1. Keep grinding and improving. We need to believe that we will get back to where we were stronger than ever.

2. Idaho broke through to be in that elite category. I think the rest of the league will recognize him as a top player league-wide.

3. I can imagine the Russian crowds being the loudest.

4. Definitely after a hard day at work if I'm stressed or tired, picking my daughter from school will pick me up immediately.

5. I would say Pearce or Mulds if they are around. However, I think they'll be gone, and with our roster make-up moving the pick for defensive depth after losing Walker might be the move.

6. Frank makes me nice pictures to put in my sig :)

On 11/13/2021 at 12:08 AM, BrutalBoost said:

PC Questions.

Week Ending 11/14

1. Flirt with some puck bunnies and drink. 

2. I'll pick Stein as he was really solid and consistent throughout the year.

3.  That Vancouver stadium sure was loud in the finals. They definitely played a factor in the outcome.

4. Just sitting down listening to a few good tunes gets the job done for me.

5. Well I think our draft picks are somewhat limited I thought so I wasn't expecting much. However we do have a few retiring players that'll leave some holes in our roster that'll need to be filled. 

6. I think Lexi Glass really elevated my game this year and I really appreciated having her as a line mate this year. 

Week of November 15th - 21st

Claim six answers for 2 TPE

1. Where does your player plan to spend their off-season?

2. What other VHL or NHL Players will be attending your off-season workouts with?

3. What activities are planned during your off-season?

4. With the draft approaching, what player do you have your eye on?

5. What was your favorite part of your own VHL Draft experience?

6. After a tough Finals loss, how have we been able to mend our wounds and reset for the next season?

57 minutes ago, STZ said:

Week of November 15th - 21st

2. What other VHL or NHL Players will be attending your off-season workouts with?

6. After a tough Finals loss, how have we been able to mend our wounds and reset for the next season?

1. The Seabasstard plans to spend this offseason in Moscow so he can come back next year with a vengence.

2. I plan to stay sharp by training and practicing with members of CSKA Moscow and sometimes get to work with their head coach, the legend Sergei Federov. 

3. I want to take a trip to Siberia, I want to see Lake Baikal and other landscapes. 

4. I'm not a scout so I don't really pay much attention to the up and comers too too much. I know we got Spartan's player, Nico Pearce whos highly touted by will be unreachable by the menace's picks and might even go first overall. I guess there's also Grape's player Bob Vladovechsenkchushkin that's interesting.

5. The interview process was the best part. It's not often you get to interact with so many VHL GMs all at once. Got to have some pretty good discusssions.

6. It's still a little fresh and I think those wounds are still open for some, myself included. We just got to all channel that pain and push ourselves to be that much better next year. We were so close, we were one win away, we weren't far off if we fix the small flaws to our game and keep getting better were going to succeed as long as everyone stays on board.  

Moscow, we have been taken captive by our gm due to our failure in the last playoffs

My teammates, we're all in this rogether

We probably will be tortured, having to go for long runs in the forests and such.

I hope we can get a player that will be part of Moscows long term plans.

Seeing my boy Atreides being selected 1st overall

Only way to deal with this, is to win the next one.

Moscow because crossing the border has become difficult due to covid restrictions. Also @Spartan is holding us hostage, me and @OrbitingDeath  are only allowed one meal a day until we figure out how to defeat the meta.

Hard and I are going to work.on our powerplay chemistry. Sean Avery may also attend.

I'll be doing a lot of victory hockey fantasy league and working on my predictions for this upcoming season.

Yes hindsight is 20/20 but Nico Pearce and the Russian menace @Bulduray_1 very excited for them to join our squad.

Looking at a crashing portal and not being able to find the draft channel in discord. 

6. After a tough Finals loss, how have we been able to mend our wounds and reset for the next season?

Our hatred for Vancouver fuels our passion.

Week of November 22nd - 28th

1. With the VHL Draft complete, Nico Pearce joins the team. He's expected to enter the line-up right away. How do you think this kid will do his first season?

2. Are there any VHL Drafted Prospects you think would have been a good fit in Moscow that didn't end up here?

3. Our other picks Preobrazhensky (15), Bernier (33), Charlie (42), Skambraks (47)and Moss (63); do you think we hit any hidden gems that will make the Menace roster at some point in their career?

4. With captain Stein being shipped off to DC, we have an open vacancy for the job. Who will be the next Moscow Captain?

5. Why does Spartan always ship his captain off, will this happen to the next player?

6. How is everyone feeling leading into the last week of November? We are entering a stressful time of year; how is everyone doing on a personal level?

4 hours ago, STZ said:

1. With the VHL Draft complete, Nico Pearce joins the team. He's expected to enter the line-up right away. How do you think this kid will do his first season?

2. Are there any VHL Drafted Prospects you think would have been a good fit in Moscow that didn't end up here?

3. Our other picks Preobrazhensky (15), Bernier (33), Charlie (42), Skambraks (47)and Moss (63); do you think we hit any hidden gems that will make the Menace roster at some point in their career?

4. With captain Stein being shipped off to DC, we have an open vacancy for the job. Who will be the next Moscow Captain?

5. Why does Spartan always ship his captain off, will this happen to the next player?

6. How is everyone feeling leading into the last week of November? We are entering a stressful time of year; how is everyone doing on a personal level?

1. I'd like to temper my expectations as a rookie, especially as a rookie on a team that went to the finals last season. I think fellow rookie Zdeno Chara will likely have more success as he'll be forced into a large role with the departure of Tyler Walker.

2. As a GM, there were a lot of good players in this draft that I wished we could have selected. There were a lot of good choices in every round, but I'm very happy with Preobrazhensky in the first and our other discord actives in the other rounds.

3. I think Preo will be a top prospect and player for us, and I also have high hopes for Bernier, Charlie and Skambraks. All of them show a lot of potential, and as a GM, I'm excited to work with them to further their development.

4. Haven't picked one yet, but maybe we'll have to run three alternates next season to avoid the captain curse.

5. No comment! I really don't want to do it but.....it just happens. I can't control it ☹️

6. I'm excited for Thanksgiving, but less excited that I can't really celebrate with the people I normally celebrate with since we're not yet all comfortable having large indoor gatherings yet. We may have my cousins come down from Boston so that would be nice if they decide to make the trip!

14 hours ago, STZ said:

1. The Peaces have always had a good history in the VHL! I think he will be a good asset for Moscow. I hope to learn from him and his experience, I often watched moments where he played during his season at MIN, 117 points? at 21 years old? That's very very good! He was the threat of storm, he could very well be the next threat of Moscow.
2. I honestly think Patric Twist could have made it but he doesn't seem to be very active as a player.
3. I did not have the chance to know them yet but if they were dreamed by Moscow! It is that they are in good way of construction.
4. Well, Idaho would be for me the ideal candidate, he's going for his fifth season with Moscow! I heard that there was a lot of exchange between the former captains, I was told about a curse, personally I don't believe in it, I've never been too much of a curse, I think rather that we have to trust the process.
5. Sometimes there are exchanges so we have no control.
6. Personally I'm fine for my part.

1. With the VHL Draft complete, Nico Pearce joins the team. He's expected to enter the line-up right away. How do you think this kid will do his first season?

“I had the pleasure of playing against nico last season, I’m glad he gets to step up and play in the big leagues, I think he’ll have a decent rookie season.”

“I am a new draftee myself so I can’t say anything here.”

”I suppose it would be biased to say that I think I could be a hidden gem of the draft, but only time will tell. I know I’ll take time to develop. And I have high hopes for my other fellow draftees.”

”Ultimately that’s the GM and coaches decision, I could see a situation where we go into the season with four alternates.”

”Who knows, maybe he gets a good return for them in hopes to build up in future seasons.”

”Personally, I’ve had my struggles, school is kicking my butt, and personal relationships are breaking down because of it.”

200 points, anything less is a failure for Nico

I honestly have not paid attention to who is out there, but would have liked to see Frostbeard with us.

I think all of them could make the roster if they keep active and focus on the goal.

It's me, it was announced already!

It's me, I'm doomed!

Tired mostly and in quarantaine as my oldest tested positive, fun times :(

Hooing he competes for ROTY and gives us another offensive weapon as he develops.

Not a big fan of hypotheticals. Also drafts are such crap shoots with so many extenuating factors.

3. Our other picks Preobrazhensky (15), Bernier (33), Charlie (42), Skambraks (47)and Moss (63); do you think we hit any hidden gems that will make the Menace roster at some point in their career?

I think Preobrazhensky will.surprise a lot people. Being drafted by his home country will likely serve as extra motivation.

I'm late to this but I think there were no wrong choices. Idaho is going to be a great captain.

No i think it just happens to be a coincidence.

Good trying to get as much done as possible before the new year.

On 11/22/2021 at 11:20 AM, STZ said:

1. Well the coaching staff must already have a lot of faith in the kid to simply throw the kid on the first line. If the kid does well he might just stay on that line so it's a great opportunity for him to take hold of. 

2. I try not to think of what ifs, we drafted who we drafted lets focus on our prospects.

3. I didn't really do my homework on this draft but I sure was hoping we'd find a gem or two as we weren't picking top 5 for once. 

4. Officially the Captaincy was given to Idaho which I feel is the right choice for the job.

5. It's a curse I tell you, sorry Idaho guess your days are numbered now. Better win a cup this year cus it just may be your last year here.

6. I'm pretty stressed out with work as it's been ridiculously busy with people being last minute charlies before the winter really hits. Fun stuff and that's why I haven't been as committed to the VHL as much I have been in the past.

Edited by Seabass

Week of November 29th - December 5th

1. Moscow currently sits comfortable in 1st place in the league, what do you think the main reason is for this?

2. Who has been the most outstanding Menace player so far to start the season? Idaho has continued to lead the league as a premier two-way forward, but Moreau has taken a step to become an elite scoring defenseman. Which player on the whole team has been most outstanding?

3. Emeritus leads the league in GAA and is second in Save %. With this being his first real season as starter, do you believe these numbers reflect the true story for the rest of the season?

4. Describe an interesting alternate jersey for the Menace, or describe your favorite real life alternate jersey.

5. What team do you think is our biggest competition in the EU Conference?

6. Is it just me (I was pretty busy) but did it seem like this off-season flew by and now we are alread 1/6th the way through the season...?