Moscow Menace Press Conference

Week ending January 16th presser!

I'll give you guys some vague-ish questions since we could be finishing a playoff series today.

1. What do you think went well in the series against Malmo? What do you think didn't go as well?

2. Malmo apparently had been on an 18-1-1 run since the trade deadline. As of this point, we're up on them 3-2. Why do you think we were able to stop Malmo's momentum when other teams couldn't?

3. The Seabasstard (@Seabass) was Moscow's nomination for the Most Improved Player award, going from 39-46-85 to 49-78-127. What did he do to improve so significantly? 

4. Hard Markinson (@STZ) is currently the top scoring defenseman in the playoffs, and number 2 in scoring in the playoffs overall. Why is he playing so well? Have all of Aurelian Moreau's penalty minutes led to Markinson playing a larger role on the ice?

5. Duncan Idaho has yet to really get going, to put up points like the MVP caliber player we know he is. What does he need to do in order to start putting up dominant numbers again?

6. Fun question! I bought a new desk about a month ago, but could use some help getting some desk accessories. I've got one monitor, a set of bluetooth speakers, a lamp, and a headphone holder that doubles as a wireless stand. I've also got a a pen holder and some hockey pucks. What would you recommend for me to get for my desk?

On 1/12/2022 at 4:17 PM, Spartan said:

I'll give you guys some vague-ish questions since we could be finishing a playoff series today.

1. What do you think went well in the series against Malmo? What do you think didn't go as well?

2. Malmo apparently had been on an 18-1-1 run since the trade deadline. As of this point, we're up on them 3-2. Why do you think we were able to stop Malmo's momentum when other teams couldn't?

3. The Seabasstard (@Seabass) was Moscow's nomination for the Most Improved Player award, going from 39-46-85 to 49-78-127. What did he do to improve so significantly? 

4. Hard Markinson (@STZ) is currently the top scoring defenseman in the playoffs, and number 2 in scoring in the playoffs overall. Why is he playing so well? Have all of Aurelian Moreau's penalty minutes led to Markinson playing a larger role on the ice?

5. Duncan Idaho has yet to really get going, to put up points like the MVP caliber player we know he is. What does he need to do in order to start putting up dominant numbers again?

6. Fun question! I bought a new desk about a month ago, but could use some help getting some desk accessories. I've got one monitor, a set of bluetooth speakers, a lamp, and a headphone holder that doubles as a wireless stand. I've also got a a pen holder and some hockey pucks. What would you recommend for me to get for my desk?

1. I didn’t watch the series but hope you guys won :)

2. Because we have a goated GM

3. He’s a great player and has great coaches around him

4 like I said before, he’s a great player and has a great coaching staff helping him out

5. Just concentrate and have fun.

6. That’s a goated setup. Better than mine lmao

Honestly both teams are evenly matched so any series between the two would be a toss up.

I feel like we changed our lines a bit too much during the regular season so we didn't find the best mix against Malmo. But clearly in the playoffs we did.

I think the chemistry between Markinson and Seabasstard is what allowed them to excel this season. Their builds seem to work very well together. Also they're both very strong defensively.

I think Markinson will out score Moreau next season and these playoffs are his coming out party. 

I feel like the whole first line has under performed but mostly Moreau and Idaho. I guess we just aren' t meta enough.

That's a lot of stuff already. Maybe a super comfortable chair if you don't already or a cup holder on the chair or desk.

1. Papa shut the door when he needed to, and our offense really showed up!

2. It was quite a feat in my opinion. Malmo is a really deep team, with great meta players and chemistry. I don't know how we were able to get through them in six.

3. I think this is one of the underrated stories in the VHL. Seabass is such a consistent earner who knows how to make great players. The fact that he's on the second line, helps us create unique depth within the team that makes it hard on opponents.

4. I honestly have no ice how he's been able to produce at a 2 points per game pace for playoffs. It's great to see, but hard to explain!

5. If anyone knows it's OD. He's made unbelievable players in the past, and you just need to trust that Idaho will come out of this slump. He is still playing great, but I believe he will break out into the generational talent we all expect him to be!

6. One thing that is cool is a wireless phone charger. I can actually attach it under my desk, so that my phone charges just sitting on my desk.

1. Well I think we did well as in we won the series and everyone ended up being contributors. We could sure use to block more shots however, the least amount of shots that get to Emeritus the better.

2. We're just that good and I truly believe that our players are just more talented that's all.  It's now 2 years in a row we knock them out of the playoffs.

3. I think most of my success is because I've stopped drinking as much before the games. 

4. The guy has been exceptional these playoffs and ha been our MVP. The guy just works harder than anyone and he's just hit another level these playoffs. 

5. Maybe not hold his stick as tight, the goals are going to come.

6. Get yourself a 2nd monitor. It helps.

Week of January 17th - January 23rd

Claim six answers for 2 TPE

OFFSEASON EDITION

1. What are your initial thoughts after our second straight Finals loss?

2. What are you looking at focusing on for your player this offseason?

3. What prospect do you think is most exciting for this upcoming draft?

4. Do you think there are any Menace players that will get an Award for last seasons performance?

5. What does Moscow need to do differently next season, to return to the Finals, but change the outcome?

6. Do you have any interest in the NHL right now, or have all the COVID delays killed your interest?

8 hours ago, STZ said:

OFFSEASON EDITION

4. Do you think there are any Menace players that will get an Award for last seasons performance?

5. What does Moscow need to do differently next season, to return to the Finals, but change the outcome?

6. Do you have any interest in the NHL right now, or have all the COVID delays killed your interest?

1. We have a good startup in this team!  There is a saying that never two without three! I have confidence in Moscow and its staff! 
2. The 450 TPE plateau  
3. I don't really know! I haven't looked at the VHL edition drafts list yet

4. Yes I think they have it in them
5. I don't think he has much to change! I think you can't really predict how the future of the games will go!
6. My interest in the Bruins has clearly not changed! The Covid does not affect my enjoyment of Hockey! 

On 1/19/2022 at 12:40 PM, STZ said:

OFFSEASON EDITION

1. I think that we just didn't play to standards, offensively at least. Papa had a great playoff run and our defense was keeping opponents locked down. We just weren't getting pucks in the net when it mattered.

2. I'm working a bit on strength to avoid getting pushed around on the ice, and hopefully a bit more on skating among the same thoughts.

3. There are quite a few good ones, but I'd have to shoutout my younger brothers Cole and Calix. Both of them would be great additions to the team, although we have Papa in goal and locked up for a bit longer.

4. I could see Moreau and Markinson both being in the mix for some defensemen awards as they both had top 5 defenseman seasons. Maybe Idaho as well for being a fantastic power forward as he usually is.

5. Honestly from a roster and scheme standpoint, I think we were on the right track. It really just comes down to execution from the players and hopefully getting some more favorable bounces. Regardless, we need to put in all our efforts if we want to try to get to the finals again.

6. Well I'm sitting here watching the Pens play the Jets, and as I was about to respond to this question, the Pens scored! Good omen haha.

A little disheartening especially after losing last season after going up 3-1 and the fact it's too the same team that's exploiting a weakness in STHS. But I want us to keep chugging along I feel like we're very close. Maybe with a bit of sim luck and some more magic from @Spartan we'll get over that hump. I really like the team he's built so many active people and just awesome people to chat with and share those MOSCOW MOSCOW MOSCOW vibes. 

Survive depreciation without and any fighters and many put a few extra points into strength but we'll see how much tpe I have left after I account for depreciation and how much I'll need for the next two seasons. 

There are so many exciting prospects in this draft I'm looking forward to seeing who we select. I'd love to add one of the players we select onto San Diego, that would be a nice development path. 

I know Moreau will get one for leading the league in assists and I feel like he has a shot at the Valiq but it's a tight race. Markinson @STZ should win the Wylde trophy and maybe even the Labatte but you never really know how those votes go. 

Honestly I have no idea we tried copying meta but that was not as successful as we had hoped. Maybe we need to go full meta or just stay the course and hope for the best. Of course going full meta is impossible with Moreau on the team (sorry everyone). 

It's a bit of a bummer but I try to watch at least 2-3 games a week still. Covid is a real bummer and has been for the last two years. I've been trying to plan my wedding and that's been a bit of a dark cloud over everything as well. 

OFFSEASON EDITION

1. Well it's dissapointing. It's not ideal to come up short of the cup two years in a row and losing to the same team. Our window for winning won't be open forever so it's frustrating.

2. Well i'd like to change my routine up a bit and start including some new workouts. I want to add some more muscle and put on a few pounds.

3. I'll be honest I haven't been paying too too much attention to this year's prospects. 

4. Well a lot of us had great seasons and quite a few of us crossed over the 100 point milestone. It would be nice to see Moreau get rewarded for his stellar play this year, for a defenseman he had great offensive numbers and I think he deserves to be in the running for offensive defenseman of the year.

5. If I had the answers we wouldn't be here right now. Beating Vancouver is what we need to do differently.

6. COVID has definitely killed my interest a bit. I'm usually keeping busy with a few fantasy leagues but it's hard to be into it with all these delayed games, it's hard to know if someone is playing or not.

OFFSEASON EDITION

1. It was tough, but I know you guys will bounce right back

2. Idk actually, gotta ask some people around cause I am kinda dumb with Hockey lol

3. ME! nah idk tbh, I dont even think im a prospect for the majors yet. Soon though

4. Not really sure, if @Vkobe-v is on the team then he should

5. Just focus and work hard. Yall have a great sqaud

6. I have not watched NHL since the Blackhawks won in 2016 I think. 

Week of January 24th - January 30th

OFFSEASON EDITION PT2

1. How has your off-season been?

2. How did your VHFL Draft go?

3. What is your lock of the season for upcoming Predictions?

4. Did you download the new VHL App?

5. Did you submit three questions to Bek for Trivia (you get uncapped TPE!)

6. What are you most looking forward to in this upcoming season?

Good, I took over San Diego and we had a really strong draft with some exciting new members I hope grow into VHL superstars. I really enjoyed the VHLM draft and then it was nice to see Moscow select a San Diego player in Eric White. @ErictheFish has a bright future and I'm looking forward to watching his player grow. 

I'm still in the midst of it and I've been able to select two Moscow players including my own. Hoping to get Papa late in the draft as a sleeper pick, feel like he's going to have a really strong season. 

Moscow for the Continental Cup. @Spartan now if anything happens I can be your scape goat. 

I have the old one. I do prefer using browser on both phone and laptop but I'll give the new app a try. The previous version was okay so hopefully this one is better.

No I haven't @STZ where is this information? How much uncapped do we get for how many questions? 

Hopefully Moscow finally getting over that hump and winning after being ousted in back to back finals. 

OFFSEASON EDITION

1. Well obviously I'm dissapointed, but mostly stumped and where to go from here and what to change moving forward to have better success. I don't know, it's rough. 

2. Probably my skating, to play my kind of game I got to have some speed. 

3. I'll be honest I haven't looked that far ahead yet and I don't even know who's going to be eligible yet. Scouting isn't my job here I just got to go out and play hockey. 

4. Yes of course and they have. Moreau, Markinson and Idaho have all had stellar years and all of them deserve the awards they won. Were very luck to have such talented skaters on our team.

5. I'm not so sure what we're doing wrong so I'm not sure what we should do diffferently to change our outcome. It's frustrating. 

6. Covid delays definitely killed my interest in the NHL. Makes it rough for fantasy hockey too.

1. How has your off-season been?

kind of messy. Things did not go well with Helsinki, mostly poor communication from the GM. Glad to have been traded here. Go Moscow!

Not taking part this year. It is a busy year so far for me so I did not want to waste peoples time.

Moscow winning the EU conference

I did not but I am glad it is something that exists for people to use.

5. Did you submit three questions to Bek for Trivia (you get uncapped TPE!)

no not yet. Did not know about this.

getting my rookie feet wet and putting up some big performances for the club.

On 1/30/2022 at 7:43 PM, Frank said:

Good, I took over San Diego and we had a really strong draft with some exciting new members I hope grow into VHL superstars. I really enjoyed the VHLM draft and then it was nice to see Moscow select a San Diego player in Eric White. @ErictheFish has a bright future and I'm looking forward to watching his player grow. 

I'm still in the midst of it and I've been able to select two Moscow players including my own. Hoping to get Papa late in the draft as a sleeper pick, feel like he's going to have a really strong season. 

Moscow for the Continental Cup. @Spartan now if anything happens I can be your scape goat. 

I have the old one. I do prefer using browser on both phone and laptop but I'll give the new app a try. The previous version was okay so hopefully this one is better.

No I haven't @STZ where is this information? How much uncapped do we get for how many questions? 

Hopefully Moscow finally getting over that hump and winning after being ousted in back to back finals. 

1.It's been fun, just been hanging out trying to live life to it's fullest. 

2.I don't think I did very well. I didn't really do any homework on my selections and they pretty much were all selected in a rush. Hoping for the best though!

3. Moreau @Frank winning the Sterling Labatte trophy. Also Moscow winning the cup as well.

4. No I haven't. Don't know if I even will. 

5. No :( Forgot about it.

6. Kicking ass and making that red light go on. Seriously though I just want to be back in the finals and that's what I'm looking towards. 

Week of Jan 31st - Feb 6th

START OF SEASON EDITION

1. Right before the season started we moved Nico Pearce; Did you have any last words for him?

2. We acquired Kyosti Karjalainen and Wattson Power in the deal; How do you feel about these two young prospects?

3. We are off to a mediocre 2-2 start. Level of concern 1-10..

4. Sergey Preobrazhensky is not just another long name, he's our rookie this season. What expectations do you have for the young scoring center?

5. Are you excited to watch the Olympics this year, or is it not the same without NHL players involved?

6. What is the best timing for Press Conferences? Is it important I get them up ASAP Monday, or is it cool whenever through the week?

1. Right before the season started we moved Nico Pearce; Did you have any last words for him?

Yes I told him that Helsinki was a nice play having started my career there and that he better play like shit every time he faces Moscow.

2. We acquired Kyosti Karjalainen and Wattson Power in the deal; How do you feel about these two young prospects?

Two exciting prospects with high ceilings. Hopefully they can contribute sooner rather than later. 

At the time of me answering this we're 5-5 so hopefully we improve enough to be a post season team and then go on a tear after the trade deadline.

4. Sergey Preobrazhensky is not just another long name, he's our rookie this season. What expectations do you have for the young scoring center?

Just to keep improving everyday. He's been a stud since we drafted him and he'll be a big part of Moscow's future. @Bulduray_1

5. Are you excited to watch the Olympics this year, or is it not the same without NHL players involved?

I'll watch some events but not as interested without the highest level.of hockey. 

6. What is the best timing for Press Conferences? Is it important I get them up ASAP Monday, or is it cool whenever through the week?

Whenever you have time. I just appreciate that someone does it. Thank you @STZ

On 2/3/2022 at 11:18 PM, STZ said:

START OF SEASON EDITION

1. Best of luck on your career!

2. Awesome pickups, they will kill it for sure

3. Not too much, we're a good team and will be fine

4. He'll do great. I know it

5. I'm excited but not as much as the Summer ones

6. I dont mind, I do them at the last moment anyways 😄

On 2/3/2022 at 11:18 PM, STZ said:

START OF SEASON EDITION

Didn't know him but I hope he does well in Helsinki.

I like seeing us grab a solid young defenseman, should help keep us in contention for a while. Also I like being here a ton so I approve of my acquisition. 

I'd say a concern of 3, not good but sims can be weird.

I can't expect anything from him, my rookie experience was low scoring.

I'm still excited. I get to see caps legend Daniel Carr.

It's cool to get them in whenever.

1. Right before the season started we moved Nico Pearce; Did you have any last words for him?

good luck in Helsinki. Not going to be an easy time over there.

very excited to be here and play with a great group of people.

1. we have this. Just keep at it and the chemistry will come along.

he will put up 50-60 points and be a great asset his entire time in Moscow.

5. Are you excited to watch the Olympics this year, or is it not the same without NHL players involved?

I will watch here and there. I am not overly hype for them.

6. What is the best timing for Press Conferences? Is it important I get them up ASAP Monday, or is it cool whenever through the week?

Monday morning would be best so the questions are most relevant to the current state of the team.

Week of Feb 7th - 13th

1. We have been accustom to being at the top of the conference the last couple of seasons, and this season we are 8-8 to start. Do you think it is just the jitters, or is there a real issue in Moscow?

2. The Seabasstard is having a real big start to the season, almost going 2 points per game. Do you think he needs a promotion to the first line, or is it that secondary unit that is throwing teams off?

3. Our goalie Papa Emeritus got his first SO last sim. What did we do to celebrate our goalies milestone?

4. What is your favorite way to earn Weekly Capped TPE? Graphic, MS, Welfare?

5. Have you tried the new Trivia feature on the portal? (Located Under Portal>League>Trivia). How did you find this new application?

6. How is everyone doing? We are almost halfway through February, I know this can be a rough time of year.. How has everyone been?

2 hours ago, STZ said:

Week of Feb 7th - 13th

1. We have been accustom to being at the top of the conference the last couple of seasons, and this season we are 8-8 to start. Do you think it is just the jitters, or is there a real issue in Moscow?

2. The Seabasstard is having a real big start to the season, almost going 2 points per game. Do you think he needs a promotion to the first line, or is it that secondary unit that is throwing teams off?

3. Our goalie Papa Emeritus got his first SO last sim. What did we do to celebrate our goalies milestone?

5. Have you tried the new Trivia feature on the portal? (Located Under Portal>League>Trivia). How did you find this new application?

6. How is everyone doing? We are almost halfway through February, I know this can be a rough time of year.. How has everyone been?

1. I think it is the jitters.

2. have him stay on the second line to throw teams off.

3. We bought him dinner.

On 2/9/2022 at 2:07 PM, STZ said:

Week of Feb 7th - 13th

It would be nice to have a sixth forward but for right now I'll chock it up to Simon being wierd

I think it helps to have a balanced line structure and having two scoring threats on each line is tremendous.

What else, we partied.

Welfare, I don't have as much time for the others, or the ideas

I have and it is a lot better than the previous system.

I've been good.

On 2/9/2022 at 2:07 PM, STZ said:

Week of Feb 7th - 13th

1. I don't know how many games we have to go through before we can say this is a real problem? I hope it's some early season jitters, but we really need to get going here.

2.  He's slowed down as of late. But maybe a line shuffle is still needed, we need to win some games here and go on a good run. 

3. Wait that was his first one? Damn I didn't even realize, guess i'll have to go buy him a 24 pack of beer.

4. Right now welfare cus it doesn't require work.

5. I tried it for the first time last night, didn't get any of them right.

6. I've been good. Had an attempted arson happen two doors down that's kinda eventful.