Moscow Menace Press Conference

10 hours ago, STZ said:

Week of November 29th - December 5th

Claim six answers for 2 TPE

1. Moscow currently sits comfortable in 1st place in the league, what do you think the main reason is for this?

2. Who has been the most outstanding Menace player so far to start the season? Idaho has continued to lead the league as a premier two-way forward, but Moreau has taken a step to become an elite scoring defenseman. Which player on the whole team has been most outstanding?

3. Emeritus leads the league in GAA and is second in Save %. With this being his first real season as starter, do you believe these numbers reflect the true story for the rest of the season?

4. Describe an interesting alternate jersey for the Menace, or describe your favorite real life alternate jersey.

5. What team do you think is our biggest competition in the EU Conference?

6. Is it just me (I was pretty busy) but did it seem like this off-season flew by and now we are alread 1/6th the way through the season...?

1. I think a lot of credit goes to our leadership team on the ice. Idaho, Marky, Seabass all serve as fantastic role models and leaders, and they've got everyone playing well and responsibly.

2. Playing alongside Idaho, it's hard to not say him, but Paul's also been quietly fantastic. Most of the spotlight goes on Idaho, but Paul leads the league in FO% and is right up there with Idaho in points, just 4 shy. 

3. We see him in practice and the vets tell me he was just as good last season. Obviously the organization brought in championship pedigree Rara Rasputin in net last season, but I think anyone would have been fine with Papa in net as well. He's certainly showing off his 1st overall reputation now, and I think he can keep it up.

4. I'd love to see the Menace rock a jersey like the mid-late 70's Penguins jerseys, aka their current jerseys. Maybe even an inverted gold jersey like the Pens did for their most recent stadium series.

5. It's a pretty tight race behind us, just 5 points splitting 2nd and 7th place. Malmo seems to be Moscow's biggest competition recently, but Prague also looks pretty dangerous. That being said, it was nice to drop 6 and 7 goals on them, respectively. 

6. It's all been a blur for me, the offseason felt rough honestly. Lot of spotlights and pressure there, but it's been nice to be here in Moscow and just play some games. It's a lot more relaxed here and there's an expectation of winning which we've been meeting so far. Just enjoying this first season and trying to get more pucks into the net.

Thanks Steez ❤️ 

22 hours ago, STZ said:

1. Moscow currently sits comfortable in 1st place in the league, what do you think the main reason is for this?

2. Who has been the most outstanding Menace player so far to start the season? Idaho has continued to lead the league as a premier two-way forward, but Moreau has taken a step to become an elite scoring defenseman. Which player on the whole team has been most outstanding?

3. Emeritus leads the league in GAA and is second in Save %. With this being his first real season as starter, do you believe these numbers reflect the true story for the rest of the season?

4. Describe an interesting alternate jersey for the Menace, or describe your favorite real life alternate jersey.

6. Is it just me (I was pretty busy) but did it seem like this off-season flew by and now we are alread 1/6th the way through the season...?

1. Depth. Every line seems to be clicking including the goaltender.

2. Moreau, adding him to this core changed where this team was heading, he's a big reason that our team had success last year and he's doing much of the same this year.  Markinson has been doing really well too and it takes two elite d-men to win in the VHL.

3. I think so, Emeritus was actually ready for a starting role last year and has only just begun to reach his potential. He got a good year of mentorship from Rasputin, so he's more than ready for the starting job this year and I think we're just scratching the surface.

4. I don't really know. Anything but the old man logo would be a good alternate. Just don't just put the just the word "Moscow" or "Menace" be a little creative with it. Maybe a scary menacing looking monster. 

5. Prague. We swept them last year and they'll be looking out to get us this year. 

6. Yeah well the offseason was shorter considering our long playoff run. I think we got too used to not making the playoffs haha. 

Edited by Seabass

On 11/29/2021 at 10:55 PM, STZ said:

1. Well the new shape of the team is well directed! 
2. Lexi Glass is an outstanding player right now.
3. I think that youth never hurts to score.
4. I find the Bruins' one very beautiful 
5. Phantom Prague.
6. We still have time 😛

Overall team effort and our strong goaltending. Papa could go from back up to Shaw trophy in one season.

Idaho or Papa in my opinion. Without at least one of then we are probably a middling team. 

I hope so I think the 25 game mark is a good measuring stick 

i really like the Katchina alternate jersey for the coyotes I wish we could come up with something similar with the Menace logo.

Malmo or Prague. I'm curious to see who gives us a harder time. 

I feel the same way Season 80 flew by and now Season 81 is doing the same. Which is nice because I think we all only really care about the playoffs at this stage of our teams development.

Week of December 6th - 12th

1. As of today, the Malmo Nighthawks have taken over 1st in the EU Conference. Do you believe they are the favorite or are they just holding our place for right now?

2. Nico Pearce, our blue chip prospect, is nearly a point per game this season. Has his incredible year gone under the radar with the play of Idaho and Moreau?

3. What is the highlight of the first half of this season for your player, or any player on the Menace?

4. We lead the league with 11 home wins; what do you think makes Moscow so difficult for teams to at?

5. If your player wasn't playing hockey, what would he be doing? 9-5 job? Business Owner? What would occupy his/her time?

6. Have you seen The Beatles documentary "Get Back"? It's amazing, you should.

12 hours ago, STZ said:

1. As of today, the Malmo Nighthawks have taken over 1st in the EU Conference. Do you believe they are the favorite or are they just holding our place for right now?

2. Nico Pearce, our blue chip prospect, is nearly a point per game this season. Has his incredible year gone under the radar with the play of Idaho and Moreau?

3. What is the highlight of the first half of this season for your player, or any player on the Menace?

4. We lead the league with 11 home wins; what do you think makes Moscow so difficult for teams to at?

5. If your player wasn't playing hockey, what would he be doing? 9-5 job? Business Owner? What would occupy his/her time?

1. I think we should have always expected stiff competition from Malmo. They've been our biggest conference rival for a few seasons now, and we'll have to elevate our play to reclaim the top of the EU. We can't drop games like we have, especially when they've put up some solid win streaks that we haven't matched.

2. I credit a lot of the success I'm having to my move from the first line to the second line. I really like playing alongside @Seabass and @AW13, our line has gotten pretty hot recently. I've had some chats with the coach about going back to the first line since we dropped a few games after the change, and I think I'm ready to perform on the first line this time.

3. From a personal perspective my first VHL hat trick was probably my highlight of the season so far. From a GM perspective, probably the fact that we surged to the top of the league very quickly, showing our team was ready to be one of the best in the league for a second season in a row.

4. Imagine an arena full of hostile russians cursing your entire family, all drunk out of their minds on Moscow. They're the most passionate fans, we have to win for them otherwise the mafia will hurt our loved ones.

5. I think Nico would like to go into the front office side of hockey one day, he's got a knack for management and hockey operations. 

6. I have not, what's it streaming on? I'll check it out!

On 12/7/2021 at 10:52 PM, STZ said:

1. Did you know that? Even in the games of Malmo you can hear Moscow, Moscow, Moscow
2. I think the combination is good
3. My player has made his first marks as a 3rd star and second star, only the first star is missing to complete the round.
4. The outcome of the team 
5. Coach for the defense team 
6. No I didn't watch it, there is so much to watch on the internet, right now I'm starting the Star Wars books timeline

I don't normally like jinxing us but Moscow will be numero uno at seasons end.

Yes he'll be a big reason for our success in.future seasons.

Moreau leading the league in assists. Making his build relevant. 

The threat of imprisonment if Moscow loses..many players have complained to the VHLPA to no avail.

5. If your player wasn't playing hockey, what would he be doing? 9-5 job? Business Owner? What would occupy his/her time? I think he would be a therapist. The time spent with his teammates has given invaluable experience.

No, but I definitely will make time for it. Where can I watch it?

On 12/7/2021 at 7:52 PM, STZ said:

1) I think we'll be back on top quite soon

2) Maybe to the media at large, but on the team it's definitely getting attention. 

3) I've been really happy with my work in the faceoff circle!

4) probably the KGB raids the night before the game

5) Duke of House Atreides. It's a full time thing

6) not yet!!! I really want to. I've seen a lot of clips tho

Press conference for THE @Frank, and Frank alone:

1. You've exploded out of the gates, well on pace for a career year. What have you changed from last season to this season to merit this improvement?

2. As of today, you're the top defenseman in points scored, with a 7 point lead, but the #2 has 2 games in hand. Do you think you'll continue to be the top scoring defenseman by the end of the season?

3. Pundits are mentioning you a lot for an end of the season award win, maybe even a few. Any thoughts on that?

4. Since the trade from Toronto, you've been the oldest defenseman in the Moscow locker room with the exception of Tyler Walker last season. What's it been like, being the veteran leader in the room?

5. If you had to plan a team bonding event, what would you plan and why?

6. If you could change any VHL rule, what would you change and how?

1. You've exploded out of the gates, well on pace for a career year. What have you changed from last season to this season to merit this improvement?

Adding to SK and PH as we discussed without blowing the back. But truthfully piggy backing off Idaho @OrbitingDeath  and Atreides @Mr_Hatter.

2. As of today, you're the top defenseman in points scored, with a 7 point lead, but the #2 has 2 games in hand. Do you think you'll continue to be the top

scoring defenseman by the end of the season?

Not sure I have a feeling Sandstrom takes it though. I hope I can keep the assists lead. Wins are the priority so if we need to play more conservatively so be it. 

3. Pundits are mentioning you a lot for an end of the season award win, maybe even a few. Any thoughts on that?

All hype until game 72 is complete.

4. Since the trade from Toronto, you've been the oldest defenseman in the Moscow locker room with the exception of Tyler Walker last season. What's it been like, being the veteran leader in the room?

Player wise it's great hopefully Markinson and I can pass the torch to @Agito. Player agent wise it's been a learning curve the VHL was a lot different during my peak activity. I feel like I'm fully comfortable in this new environment now.

5. If you had to plan a team bonding event, what would you plan and why?

A games night on discord. Not sure on the logistics but that could be a blast.

6. If you could change any VHL rule, what would you change and how?

I'd like to get rid of the meta as it makes player builds boring. But that would be quite complicated. Also it would be interesting to have a more advanced sim engine. I imagine that would be out of our budget though.

On 12/7/2021 at 10:52 PM, STZ said:

1. The Nighthawks are chumps, they got nothing on us. We'll get back on a hot streak and end the season first, I guarantee it.

2. I feel like it has, Pearce has been a breath of fresh air for us and has become quite the contributing teammate. Trust me it ain't east to come into the VHL as a rookie and instantly become a threat. He plays a very mature game and I believe Pearce will be a player that Menace fans will get to enjoy for a long time. 

3. Well we're 53 games in so far and we already got Idaho breaking the 100 point milestone. Just watching that guy, it's a highlight moment after another, he's incredibly talented and fun to watch.

4. The fans, they don't make it easy on opposing players, they get pretty harsh and nasty at times. Especially in the third once everyone is nice and drunk, security in the stands are a must or else items will get tossed to the ice. 

5. I never really thought about it. A Gigolo? 

6. I haven't watched it no but as a guy who owns a few Beatles records i'd like to over the holidays. 

Week of December 20th - 26th

1. We're holding a 4 point lead on first place in the EU conference, but Malmo is in second place with a game in hand. Will we maintain our standing? What do we have to do in order to maintain it?

2. Along the same lines, we held first place in the league for most of the season, but have been passed recently by Vancouver who are 4 points ahead with 2 games in hand. Can we retake first place? What needs to change to make it happen?

3. We currently have two players, Duncan Idaho and The Seabasstard, who have crossed the 100 point threshold on the season. What makes them so successful?

4. There are a few more folks in the 80-96 point range on the team. Moreau at 96, Atreides with 90, Markinson at 87, Glass at 80. How many of them do you think will hit 100 points on the season?

5. Papa Emeritus is yet to record a shutout this season. What's causing him to keep missing out on that elusive stat? How can we get him his first CAREER (wow) shutout?

6. We recently tweaked the lines to experiment with what our team can do. How do you feel about the line changes? Who would you like to be on a line/pairing with on the team?

1 hour ago, Spartan said:

1. We're holding a 4 point lead on first place in the EU conference, but Malmo is in second place with a game in hand. Will we maintain our standing? What do we have to do in order to maintain it?

2. Along the same lines, we held first place in the league for most of the season, but have been passed recently by Vancouver who are 4 points ahead with 2 games in hand. Can we retake first place? What needs to change to make it happen?

3. We currently have two players, Duncan Idaho and The Seabasstard, who have crossed the 100 point threshold on the season. What makes them so successful?

4. There are a few more folks in the 80-96 point range on the team. Moreau at 96, Atreides with 90, Markinson at 87, Glass at 80. How many of them do you think will hit 100 points on the season?

5. Papa Emeritus is yet to record a shutout this season. What's causing him to keep missing out on that elusive stat? How can we get him his first CAREER (wow) shutout?

6. We recently tweaked the lines to experiment with what our team can do. How do you feel about the line changes? Who would you like to be on a line/pairing with on the team?

1. I think you all can maintain especially with Spartan being the goat

2. Same answer as above cause spartan goated

3. I think they are great players and have a goated gm gming them

4. All of them because Moscow is great and they will do it 

5. Git gud lmap. Jk but uhh maybe improve defense and not rely on him too much

6. I’m not too sure, but whatever spartan does will be great

On 12/22/2021 at 9:58 AM, Spartan said:

1. Keep dominating. We have been able to produce offensively, but we need to perform on our end of the ice, to take the EU Conference.

2. I think we can. At the same time, there's only so much we can control. With VAN being in the NA, we have less control of it. Home Ice for Finals is important though!

3. They are both the main snipers on their lines. Plays and offense moves through them.

4. I think all four mentioned will.

5. We are very offensively focused. He will get one, but he will have to stand on his head. We are a very run and gun focused team.

6. I like changing things up. It's better to test lines in the season, because if things need a switch in playoffs, it's dangerous to be just randomly hoping lines work!

Week of December 2th7th - January 2nd

HOLIDAY EDITION (if you don't celebrate this time of year, simply answer with your overall answer)

1. If Moscow hosted a Winter Classic, what team would you want to face?

2. What Moscow Menace player would excel in an outdoor hockey game and why?

3. What is your favorite Holiday Song?

4. Favorite food of the Holiday Season?

5. How was your holidays? Did you have to work/school or did you get some time to relax?

6. Do you have any New Years Resolutions?

Warsaw, I always feel like the Czech and Russian rivalry is strong. As far as location the coldest place in Russia I suppose.

i feel like Moreau would do well since he was born in Quebec and played a ton of outdoor hockey when he was younger.

Baby It's Cold Outside. And no I don't care what anyone thinks about the song.

Really enjoy rum balls or a smoked turkey. But my favourite would have to be the danish sugar cookies.

5. How was your holidays? Did you have to work/school or did you get some time to relax?

i finally had so e tine off and spent it re arranging our place and moving/buying furniture.

In VHL for Moreau to take less penalties. In real life save more money. Both will be tough.

On 12/30/2021 at 11:37 AM, STZ said:

HOLIDAY EDITION (if you don't celebrate this time of year, simply answer with your overall answer)

5. How was your holidays? Did you have to work/school or did you get some time to relax?

1. Malmo

2. Moreau is an excellent defender, so I think he would be in the game! 
3. I don't have a preference 

4. Turkey

5. Work

6. Try to work with as many people as possible within VHL

On 12/30/2021 at 11:37 AM, STZ said:

1. The best team cause we are better than them

2. @Vkobe-v’s player? Is he on moscow

3. Jingle Bells Jingle Bells, Jingle All the Way

4. Pizza cause I’m vegetarian and don’t eat meat everyone does during the holiday season

5. It was good, so happy I got 3 weeks to relax from school and sleep

6. Nah I don’t believe in those lol

Week of January 3rd - January 9th

PLAYOFF EDITION

1. How do you think we stack up against Prague in the first round?

2. What do you think their biggest threat is against us?

3. Do you see us going on a sweep-run like we did last year, where we didn't lose until the Finals, or do you see it differently?

4. Who needs to be our best players for us to be successful in the Post-Season?

5. How do you feel the Holiday Events went with the VHL? (Charity Drive, TPE Giveaways, etc.)

6. What is your headspace going into Playoffs? Confident from last year, or are you still hurt and skeptical?

8 minutes ago, STZ said:

PLAYOFF EDITION

3. Do you see us going on a sweep-run like we did last year, where we didn't lose until the Finals, or do you see it differently?

5. How do you feel the Holiday Events went with the VHL? (Charity Drive, TPE Giveaways, etc.)

6. What is your headspace going into Playoffs? Confident from last year, or are you still hurt and skeptical?

1. We did pretty well against Prague in the regular season so there's some confidence going into the game, but we're division rivals and it's the playoffs. We can't let our guard down, and they've been developing as well through the season. They were good enough to be the 3rd seed so we have to respect them. It'll be a tough series.

2. I think they've got a phenomenal defense corps, probably one of the best all-around groups in the league. They're going to be trying to shut us down throughout the series, we just have to produce on offense and get goals past their rookie netminder.

3. I wasn't part of the team then, but you can't ever expect that kind of success. We'll take it a game at a time and if we lose, we'll learn from those losses for the next game.

4. Honestly, I think the spotlight will be on Papa in net. He's not a rookie, but it's his first full season as a starter, and it'll be his first playoff game as well. We have generally won and lost as Papa plays, so we'll be counting on him to not bow to the pressure of the playoffs. Then we'll just follow the lead of our stars, have Duncan, Paul, Seabass, Markinson and Moreau lead us otherwise.

5. I think it's nice to have those community events, although sometimes there's a bit too much value on the TPE you get out of it. We should frame it more as give to the community just because it's the holidays.

6. Definitely have some concerns, especially since we didn't win the conference this season like we did last season, and a finals loss with a 3-1 lead always stings. We'll have a tough path to tread in the playoffs, but we'll start with Prague and take it a series at a time. New season, new chance at a cup!

On 1/5/2022 at 12:29 PM, STZ said:

PLAYOFF EDITION

1. Well, we won the first round! Malmo is very dangerous! 
2. Idaho, Moreau
3. Every year is different because the teams are different! The results may be different but I have confidence in our team! 
4. Moreau, Idaho.
5. It's cool but I didn't really understand the concept 
Well it's a first for me and I'm happy with the results 

I think we'll beat them in 5 games with 3 going to OT. In fact I'd even be willing to put money on it.

They're quite similar in team build. But we have the edge in goaltending.

I think we should stay humble, Malmo is a good team and Vancouver is cheating so it's going to be tough for us.

All our high tpe earners. Also Papa will have to stand on hus head against the meta teams.

I would say it was a success but I haven't been active the last 2 or 3 so I may be wrong there. But raising 3k is very impressive 

6. What is your headspace going into Playoffs? Confident from last year, or are you still hurt and skeptical?

With the number of teams it's tough to win and the meta makes it even harder. So I don't really know what to expect. But I've been in the league too long to be disappointed. Whatever happens this season we should just stick with it and keep taking kicks at the can until we win. @Spartan

I believe in you.