DC Dragons Press Conference

Enorama

On 8/1/2020 at 10:20 PM, DollarAndADream said:

1. We recently beat LA and NY, then just lost 2 in a row tonight to London and Davos. What do you think the issue is?

2. Which DC Dragons forward is impressing you the most so far this season?

3. Which DC Dragons defenseman is impressing you the most so far this season?

4. Is there a potential trade you would do, that you think would improve this team?

5. Is Stone Wolski the goalie of the future for this team? His VHL career has been a bit of a rollercoaster so far, despite improving every season.

6. Which team has the best chance to win it all this season?

1. I think the issue is that we need that fire breathing high powered first line to win games. If they can put up a ton, and the second line can be average, with a goalie like Wolski, we'll win a lot more.

2. It's gotta be Benny Graves. He's scoring in bunches, and bunches, and bunches so far this year.

3. It has to be our friend Luciano for the exact same reason. Scoring is important, isn't it?

4. I mean, trading me away would probably yield a better TPE player who is older, but I wouldn't be a fan of that :(

5. You gotta say the goalie hasn't been the problem, the scoring has been. I think Wolski is the present & the futureĀ 

6. I think the New York Americans are due, but they can't win, bc they're New York lol. Drafons forever

Da Comeback Edition:

Ā 

1. We have finally turned a corner, who do you think is the main reason for this surge of success?

2. Now that we are in reach of a playoff spot, what do you think we need to continue to do to reach that spot?

3. Guy Lesieur has returned to DC, what is the biggest asset of his you are looking forward to return to the team?

4. Our rookies have been great so far, what is your favorite moment of theirs so far this season?

5. Going forward on the season, what would you like to see your player accomplish in the second half of the season?

6. NHL Playoffs have been underway, is your favorite team in there? Who are you rooting for if not?

On 8/6/2020 at 7:43 PM, STZ said:

Da Comeback Edition:

Ā 

1. We have finally turned a corner, who do you think is the main reason for this surge of success?

2. Now that we are in reach of a playoff spot, what do you think we need to continue to do to reach that spot?

3. Guy Lesieur has returned to DC, what is the biggest asset of his you are looking forward to return to the team?

4. Our rookies have been great so far, what is your favorite moment of theirs so far this season?

5. Going forward on the season, what would you like to see your player accomplish in the second half of the season?

6. NHL Playoffs have been underway, is your favorite team in there? Who are you rooting for if not?

1. The offense have really been clicking lately. To quote what Jacob Markstrom said after the Canucks beat the Wild, I'd like to thank my teammates for scoring more goals than I let in.

2. We just need consistency. If we can defend well and score goals, that's the key.

3. Goals, goals, goals. He really rounds out the lineup more.

4. Both rookies have played well, but Flaten seems to have really come into his own especially as a defenseman. I think my favourite moment is just them being on the team every game.

5. Wolski needs to let in less goals. I'd like to see him go above .900 as much as possible.

6. Vancouver Canucks for sure. I love the high flying Avs other than that, or the Capitals out east. Honestly, I wouldn't mind it if any Canadian team goes far. Canucks first of all though.

I think it's a major group effort. The forwards found some good chemistry, the D is holding up pitching in on both ends, and Wolski has made himself a wall when we get vulnerable.

Keep going with the currentĀ formula, keep pushing ourselves both in practice and in games, we can't get comfortable when there are teams worse than us but somehow higher on the bracket.

The gang is back together again! Happy to have Guy back in the locker room and on the ice, guy is a gem! He's been helping us where we need it: scoring!

Rookies have been great sports in the locker room, get attitudes and very hungry for winning which is what we need.

I'm hoping that I'll be in the All-Star team this year, I just need to keep putting the work in.

Since my boys in Teal aren't there, I'm looking East to my hometown team, Boston Bruins, although I'm in Caps country. Out of the West, Colorado or Vancouver would be pretty awesome to see!Ā Would be cool if the Caps did win so that way I could get the day offĀ to go to the parade againĀ ?

On 8/6/2020 at 8:43 PM, STZ said:

Da Comeback Edition:

Ā 

Ā 

1. It may come down to the recent line changes done earlier in the season, but I personally think we just got off to a slow start and we're finally finding our groove.

2. Just continue toĀ improve. We've done great so far but it would be disastrous if we were to let up now.

3. His ability to not only score but set up players. He's been a great addition so far and he's on track to having his best season yet.

4. They've all had their great moments so far. I gotta say Liam Flaten has been great for us as a fellow defensemen. He's managed to hold a positive +/- and has sacrificed his body almost just as much as I have this season.

5. I've repeated it quite a few times but hitting that 50 points mark would be great. Would be nice to continue producing on the offensive end for us too. Maybe another 10 goals atleast.

6. Oilers have always been. Too bad they shit the bed...

On 8/6/2020 at 10:43 PM, STZ said:

I don't wanna toot my own horn, but isn't it amazing that when I returned from mild inactivity the team turned around...??

Ā 

Hmm, wouldn't it be the worst if one team came down with a organization-wide case of covid? Hmmmmmmmmm..........

Ā 

Ā 

biggest ass

His hockey butt.

Ā 

GROOVY DOOD FIVE POINT NIGHT WOOOOOOOOOOOO

Ā 

Why stop at one five point night?!

Ā 

My wife is a die-hard Leafs fan, but I root for maximum chaos. TOR/EDM/PITT all in the draft lottery was *chef's kiss*, and now I can't wait to see how far this blue collar Blue Jackets team can make it and how many other extremely well-built franchises they can completely and utterly demoralize and destroy.

Da Comeback Edition:

Ā 

1. I think it has to be the addition of Guy Lesieur. He's so re-Lesieuring to have on offense *boos*

2. I think we need to keep scoring a ton. Pucks on net, sticks on pucks, gloves on sticks, hands in the gloves

3. SCORE SCORE SCORE and veteran presence. It was pretty obvious that we had a giant hole where he used to be in our lineup, and having another top line winger will really help us down the stretch.

4. I think the Groovy Dood scoring the first goal of the season was pretty awesome. It's great to see the future contribute in such a large way

5. I'd like my player to hit 10 goals and 20 assists before the end of the season, which should be manageable. I've been putting in work this season, and I want some recognition

6. LET'S GO ISLANDERS. Huge series over the Panthers, huge win over the Caps, let's get another one tonight.Ā Ā 

1. We recently beat LA and NY, then just lost 2 in a row tonight to London and Davos. What do you think the issue is?

Missing Guy Lesieur.Ā  lol

2. Which DC Dragons forward is impressing you the most so far this season?

Graves is definitely having a fine year.

3. Which DC Dragons defenseman is impressing you the most so far this season?

Flaten is definitely showing promise in his rookie season.

4. Is there a potential trade you would do, that you think would improve this team?

Already done.Ā  Lesieur returns.Ā  lol

5. Is Stone Wolski the goalie of the future for this team? His VHL career has been a bit of a rollercoaster so far, despite improving every season.

Definitely.Ā  Have every confidence in Stoney!

6. Which team has the best chance to win it all this season?

A bold one here.Ā  I say, we make a run down the stretch.Ā  Get into the playoffs and play our best hockey ever to surprise the league.

Some Questions VHL Bubble Edition..

Ā 

1. Who would be the best VHL Member to be stuck in a bubble with?

2. Who would be the worst VHL Member to be stuck in a bubble with?

3. DC is gonna have a Mario Kart Tournament.. Who wins and with what character?

4.Ā VHL Lets you bring one family member in the bubble, who you bringing?

5.Ā  If the VHL was in a bubble, where would the host city be? International a possibility..

6. What would be the hardest part of playing out the season + playoffs in a bubble for a full VHL season?

7 hours ago, STZ said:

Ā 

5.Ā  If the VHL was in a bubble, where would the host city be? International a possibility..

6. What would be the hardest part of playing out the season + playoffs in a bubble for a full VHL season?

1. I'd probably say Gorlab. Dude always seems like good times since I've been in these leagues. Other than that, probably Beaviss. We're both a couple of BC boys around the same age.

2. Dil? I'll entertain the guy on VHL but I imagine it would be like an annoying little brother in real life. Sorry Dil. You could prove me wrong though.

3. I think I'd win, to be honest. Yoshi.

4. Likely my brother. He's into a lot of the same things that I am.

5. Vancouver! There's a lot of guys on the VHL from Vancouver.

6. All the international teams having to adjust to the same time as the rest.

On 8/6/2020 at 7:43 PM, STZ said:

Da Comeback Edition:

Ā 

Doing this because a certain someone didn't put out a PC from my team lol

Ā 

1. I'm gonna take a guess and say Wolski?

Ā 

2. Good play and a bit of luck with other teams falling out

Ā 

3. His scoring.

Ā 

4. Can't say cause I'm not with the team but probably a goal they scored or somethin.

Ā 

5. Just keep getting better, keep seeing that save percentage go up.

Ā 

6. Sadly no, the sharks did not make it. I love the Yotes though, would be fun to see them make a bit of a push but that probably won't happen since their against Colorado, which is a very good team. At least they won't be swept.

14 hours ago, STZ said:

Ā 

Ā 

1. Wouldn't say I'm close with many of them. So i'm open to being stuck with anyone i guess!

2. Similar to the first, I can't say i know many of the VHL Members too well. So I wouldn't want to be stuck with on that's widely known for being the worst i guess

3. Myself and with Boo

4. Most likely my brother. Always good times with him

5. Would be dope to be somewhere tropical. Like Mexico or Jamaica. Somewhere like that.

6. The lack of entertainment. Would be hard being stuck in one place for so long.

There's a lot of players I'd look forward to hang out with in a bubble, I'm pretty easy going.

Not really many here, but I'd say pretty much any team we'd be playing against in the playoffs.

Most def myself as Luigi, everyone knows he's a God... like meĀ ?

Gotta bring my main and only squeeze... and are cats allowed?Ā ?

I'd say the UK would be awesome but not many ice rinks there. But also warm weather would be great like LA, bring in some revenue there for a new market.

It would be a life of restriction and routine that can drive most men mad but I think it's all worth it if you have your eye on the prize.

On 8/15/2020 at 11:29 PM, STZ said:

Ā 

1. @EnoramaĀ because his new dog is adorable

2. Also Eno because I think taking care of the dog would start to get tiring after a while, especially bc dogs in a bubble might get restless

3. I win with Villager. People take smack on the Villager as a character in Mario Kart, but he's got the perfect weight balance so I won't complain

4. I would adopt a dog as a new family member and bring it with me. I really want a dog, has that been made obvious yet

5. I think by international you mean Canada is a possibility. But all jokes aside, Orlando or Vegas, that Disney bubble looks a lot more fun than the Toronto or Edmonton bubbles.

6. I think the hardest part of playing out the whole VHL season in the bubble would be coming up with new media spot topics every week while not really going anywhere. It would be a fun way to not doĀ real lifeĀ work though

Wolski - cool under pressure.

Lesieur - bit full of himself at times.

Lesieur - Mario.Ā  Super competitive and loves the mainliner.

Gotta be mom, but wish could bring dad too.

Warszawa - seems calm there now.

Not having fans to react to a brilliant break-away!

Questions :PepeKMS: Edition:

Ā 

1. After the big push mid-season, does DC have what it takes to make playoffs?

2. If we do, what kind of shot do we have when we get there?

3. If we don't, what changes might we expect in the off-season?

4. Overall I think we all have been realistic and cool-headed during these time; has your player had any on/off ice moments where they showed frustration?

5. If you could name a Rollercoaster Ride after the season we are having, what would it be?

6. Captain Mikko Aaltonen @GRZĀ has announced his retirement following this season. What is your favorite memory for this DC Dragons legend?

Absolutely. I don't see why not. We've got all the necessary tools to make it happen.Ā 

I'd say winning the whole thing. Teams like Calgary, Seattle, Riga and Helsinki will be tough to beat though. I'd be happy even at leastĀ making the conference finals.

I can't see us doing anything too drastic. With the retirement of Aaltonen i can see us going after a big time offensive player though.

4. Overall I think we all have been realistic and cool-headed during these time; has your player had any on/off ice moments where they showed frustration?

Definitely. A few times I've come to off the ice and broke my stick out of frustration. I do tend to leave everything on the ice and try to take it easy when I'mĀ off of it.Ā 

5. If you could name a Rollercoaster Ride after the season we are having, what would it be?

"Wingless Dragon" - since we're struggling to take off from where we are now.

6. Captain Mikko Aaltonen has announced his retirement following this season. What is your favorite memory for this DC Dragons legend?

I'm a pretty quite guy in the LR so I can't say I have many memories with him, but he's always been a pretty positive presences!

Ā 

On 8/21/2020 at 8:44 PM, STZ said:

Ā 

6. Captain Mikko Aaltonen @GRZĀ has announced his retirement following this season. What is your favorite memory for this DC Dragons legend?

1. There's no reason to believe we don't have what it takes. It's going to be a battle to make it right now, but it's possible. If Wolski performs and the offense scores, we're gravy.

2. We could win it all. I think time and time again, the VHL playoffs are about strong goaltending. A lot of times as well, goalies play a lot better in the playoffs than the regular season, so Wolski can definitely turn it on and we could go all the way. We saw Mikaelson do it for Seattle in S43 I believe.

3. We would need a replacement for Aaltonen, but other than that I'm not sure. We'll be better, Wolski will have another season of development too.

4. Basically all of the losses that I had a SV% in the .800's, I left the ice in anger. I always want to have a good performance.

5. The Chicken Dragon. It's a ride that just goes up and down, up and down. Much like a chicken, this dragon can only fly for brief periods.

6. The dude has just scored some big goals for this franchise, and is one of the Dragons' best players since DC came into the league. He's a DC legend, and a great locker room presence.

On 8/21/2020 at 11:44 PM, STZ said:

Ā 

1. I think we have a hell of a chance, We're been on a tear recently with a few hiccups but I believe in the squad!

2. It's going to be a tough one facing the top dogs in the conference but we'll give them a hell of a series and hopefully beyond that, the goal will always be the Cup.

3. A replacement for Mikko for sure, as a player, leader and guy in the locker room but I don't know who can fill those kind of shoes.Ā 

4. Valentino has shown his limit on patience in getting involved in tussles and scrapping a bit, I think he understands that he only has so many games left in a few seasons so it's all or nothing for him.

5. 'The Turbulent Dragon' seeing how many rough patches we've experienced this season.

6. Mikko was the first player on the team to welcome me after being the Dragon drafted, guy is an absolute gem and I've always considered him a leader and like an older brother to me. He's going to be dearly missed on and off the ice.Ā :dcd:

On 8/21/2020 at 11:44 PM, STZ said:

Ā 

1. I think considering we just made the playoffs due to my tardiness to this presser, we have a pretty good chance of making it ;). It was never in doubt with the talent we have up the middle!

2. I think we have as good a shot as any team in the playoffs right now. Just because we might be the worst team in the playoffs, doesn't mean we're the worst at the playoffs in the playoffs

3. I think this offseason sees us losing Mikko, so we either need to find a replacement for his scoring, or improve internally. I also heard a rumor everyone's favorite VHLer from Martinique is moving to CenterĀ ??

4. If we're being candid, after a big shutout loss earlier this season, Xavier took a stick to a television in his hotel room. Not one of his finer moments, but he blamed Liam, so it wasn't a big dealĀ 

5. I'd probably call it the 'sonic slingshot, to the moon' due to how we went from the very bottom to contention quite quickly

6. Being drafted and seeing everyone in the discord throw up the crab dance, I was quite confused. Mikko was one of the first players to welcome me onto the team, congrats on a great career, enjoy the golf!

Ā 

Absolutely!Ā  Not only do we have the talent; we have the grit to do this.

We get it, we will do well.Ā  Short series and we we start getting on a roll there's no telling what will happen.

I leave that to better minds than mine.

Lesieur does not show frustration.Ā  He internalizes and uses any issue with his own performance as fuel to work harder.Ā Ā 

Never say die!

6. Captain Mikko AaltonenĀ @GRZĀ has announced his retirement following this season. What is your favorite memory for this DC Dragons legend?

Skating off the ice after another #1 star performance and the crowd chanting his name.Ā  He tries to duck into the LR and deflect praise for himself.Ā  The crowd won't have it.Ā  He comes back out and takes the ice again ever so briefly and just gives an almost imperceptible nod of acknowledgment and skates back off.Ā  The crowd really goes nuts, but Mikko already has his mind on the next game.

Last Min Presser Questions...

Ā 

1. The Dragons were able to qualify for playoffs for upsetting Vancouver in the play-in series. What was the best part of that series to you?

2. We are down in the series to Seattle right now, is there still hope when down 3-1?

3. What is your favorite moment of the playoffs so far this season?

4. Who has the best playoff beard?

5. Who has the worst playoff beard?

6. What does this year's playoffs mean for your player personally? How important is success?

1. The Dragons were able to qualify for playoffs for upsetting VancouverĀ in the play-in series. What was the best part of that series to you?

Definitely closing out the series in game 5 in OT. Was hyped

2. We are down in the series to Seattle right now, is there still hope when down 3-1?

Certainly thereā€™s still hope. Weā€™re more than capable.

Just being able to get past the first round. Hopefully we can keep it going!

Definitely Boris the Forest

Probably me. Never been a huge fan.

6. What does this year's playoffs mean for your player personally? How important is success?

Itā€™s pretty important Iā€™d say. Not getting any younger so it would be nice to accomplish getting to the final stage eventually. Ā 

Ā 

47 minutes ago, STZ said:

Ā 

1. The Dragons were able to qualify for playoffs for upsetting Vancouver in the play-in series. What was the best part of that series to you?

Thank you, sir.

Ā 

1. Honestly, just being able to put up respectable numbers as a goalie in the playoffs. I always want to give my team a chance.

2. There's definitely still hope while down 3-1, especially in the VHL. Our Dragons team has what it takes to come back and win this.

3. Getting that series clinching win against Vancouver to bring us to the next round!

4. Boris.

5. Gotta be Aaltonen.

6. This is a big stepping stone for Wolski. It's his chance to prove that he's a gamer in the VHL and can come up big in big games.

On 8/30/2020 at 11:36 PM, STZ said:

Ā 

1. I think the best part of the series was getting to bring Mikko & Drumm to the playoffs one last time for their careers. It's sad they're ending, but glad to see they made it this far with us

2. Well, there was, and then I was late to do the presser :). So I think we came super close to upsetting them, sucks we couldn't get it done.Ā 

3. My favorite moment was my first career playoff goal!

4. It's obviously Mikko! A grizzled vet like him can grow a great beard

5. I'd say it's probably me. Being one of the younger guys it can be tough to grow facial hair ?

6.Ā  I think success in the playoffs isn't deserved, it's earned. It means a lot to me, but this is my first trip with Xavier,Ā I'm not sure what to expect from him! Monty was a playoff hero for Helsinki, so we'll see !