DC Dragons Press Conference

Enorama

1. Who is your favourite player in this season's draft?

That one guy that had a lot of points.

2. Who needs to take the biggest step forward for us to be successful next year?

It's a team effort, everyone needs to take another step.

3. Which team do you think will be the most improved next season?

Davos most likely.

4. Is Stone Wolski going to be a worthy replacement for JB Rift between the pipes?

I believe in Wolski.

5. Who is your favourite teammate?

For team chemistry, they are all my favorites

6. Pie with ice cream or ice cream cake?

Pie with ice cream of course.

Off-season, let's go

1. Who is your favourite player in this season's draft?

2. Who needs to take the biggest step forward for us to be successful next year?

3. Which team do you think will be the most improved next season?

4. Is Stone Wolski going to be a worthy replacement for JB Rift between the pipes?

5. Who is your favourite teammate?

6. Pie with ice cream or ice cream cake?

1. SS Hornet, McWolf is an awesome dude.

2. We gotta get better together as a team.

3. Dragons duh! We gotta shock the league.

4. 100%. Weolski is gonna do big things. 

5. Prob Sixers even tho he never updates.

6. PIE WITH ICE CREAM FOREVER

Off-season-sorta? Season start soon heh, let's go

1. Do you think that DC did well in the draft?

2. What are you doing to help us take the next step?

3. What have you been doing in the offseason?

4. Who is your favourite player thats not on this team?

5. Who is your favourite team in the VHLM?

6. Peanut butter or Nutella?

Did not really follow the draft, but I have every confidence in the drafting ability of our GMs.

Just trying to keep working on the ice.  Especially concentrating on my passing now.

Well, I do keep working on ice, but not as much as when training camp comes along.  Mostly kicking back and spending time with family in France.

I believe this has been asked before and my answer is the same.  For me, there are no other teams than the Dragons.  

Still have a soft spot for Mexico City who drafted me and Las Vegas that traded for me.

Tough one.  Both are classics.  PB for more occasions, but nutella is a must for a dessert crêpe.

9 hours ago, fonziGG said:

1. I think we did awesome, we were even able to grab a former Reaper teammate of mine! It's nice to see that we are still trending in a good direction even though we are competing now. Obviously, we aren't drafting at the top, but we got some good quality picks at the middle.

2. I've been claiming training camp as requested by the @ all tag we got in the discord today. In addition, I've tried my best to get at least 7 TPE a week, even though I prefer welfare claiming.

3. I've gotten really into baking bread, specifically baguettes. This one isn't really a joke I've been doing this IRL also lol

4. Jet Jaguar because he is someone I aspire to be like, and also my first pick in the VHFL draft! Score lots of points!

5. My favorite -no u in favorite- team in the M are my Yukon Rush, even though I didn't get to play with them as leFlamant, it was Monty's team, and the team I got to GM for 3 great seasons!

6. Peanut butter solely based on versatility. You can pair it with something sweet like chocolate/marshmallows/jelly, or go full savory with celery/apples.

Yes, I heard they picked up a great Slovenian centre.

Taking my defensive game to the next level.

Working on my cardio back at home.

Derek Eriksson, I think he has tons of potential.

Mexico City of course.

Peanut Butter, no question.

14 hours ago, fonziGG said:

1. Do you think that DC did well in the draft? yes we got a good player, great value

2. What are you doing to help us take the next step? claim welfare

3. What have you been doing in the offseason? drinking, watching new Netflix shows, planning a roadtrip

4. Who is your favourite player thats not on this team? bob loblaw (RIP)

5. Who is your favourite team in the VHLM? kolari panthers (again, RIP)

6. Peanut butter or Nutella? peanut butter wtf is this

17 hours ago, fonziGG said:

1) Given our position in the draft I'd say we did just fine.
2) Mikko is training extra hard, dude got even more ancient this off-season, so he's gotta start training even earlier to get in shape.
3) A whole lotta training.
4) Charlie Paddywaggon, fellow VHLM teammate and overall a great guy.
5) Probably Philadelphia, the team that drafted me.
6) Nutella.

On 5/19/2020 at 1:29 AM, fonziGG said:

1. I think so. Flaten seems to be a solid pick considering it was later in the draft. Eno seems to find those guys who are on the uptrend, and @flatl99 seems to be very active in our discord, and ready to put in the work to be VHL-ready for next season.

2. I'm grinding. I'm trying to put my player over the top to become elite, and lead us into the playoffs. I see my competition and what I'm working against, and I truly believe Graves can turn into something special either this season or next; and then sustain that level for the remainder of his DC Career.

3. Personally, I've been working my ass off. I've had two "promotions" since this covid lockdown, and it's just been very busy. Things are starting to level off at work, and I'm in a really good position for myself now, so it all seems worth it.

4. Jet Jaguar @gorlab. Never played with him, but I love what he does. He's a heart-and-soul type of member. Really buys into a franchise and invests everything he has into making it great. 

5. I'll go with Saskatoon, only because it's the team I first started on in S29. I have fond memories there. I've played there with at least three of my players. All-time, it would have to be Bratislava Watchmen, only because of my time as GM there and the friendships I made during that time period.

6. PB. It's godly. I would put it up against anything. 

On 5/18/2020 at 10:29 PM, fonziGG said:

1. Def. Alek Andreshnikov and Liam Flaten are the steals of the draft.

2. Work harder, stay positive, leave it all on the ice. 

3. Taking care of family. Work kept me away so it's nice to catch up.

4. I still cheer for some former teammates Lance Flowers, A Red Guy.

5. The Cartel.

6. PBJ all the way.

On 5/18/2020 at 10:29 PM, fonziGG said:

1. Definitely. I think Eno knows what he's doing draft-wise.

2. Me? Adding TPE to my goalie. Goalies are pretty important in the VHL, so I have to make sure I keep on earning.

3. Waiting for the season and the chance to be #1 in net.

4. Jet Jaguar! Always love Gorlab's players.

5. The teams that my players have played for. Most recent would be Houston, although they're not doing great this season. Rebuild mode.

6. Honestly, I don't choose. I put both pretty regularly. Reese's pieces sandwich, basically. Although....if I HAD to choose...it would be PB.

I think we did pretty well and got some solid guys for the future.

Grinding, doing some of the dirty work, getting that sweet sweet TPE

Still hitting the rink like it was it's my second bedroom

Jet is just a sight to watch!

Halifax 21st, baby! Go Boats!

Peanut Butter cause I'm American lol

1. Wolski has had a couple of rough outings in the early going here, what do you say to him to help keep his head up?

2. Have you had the chance to represent your country at the world cup? If not, would going mean a lot to you?

3. Would you ever want to hold a league job? Which one?

4. What's the most surprising part about the season so far?

5. Lesieur has come flying out of the gate, is this his coming out party or just a hot streak?

6. Beach vacation or camping in the forest?

1. Wolski has had a couple of rough outings in the early going here, what do you say to him to help keep his head up?

Dude, the whole team is counting on you.  Pull your head out!  lol  Nah, not really.  "Look man, every one goes through rough patches.  You've got the talent.  Just keep working and the puck will start bouncing your way - into your glove.

2. Have you had the chance to represent your country at the world cup? If not, would going mean a lot to you?
Yes, I have and it did mean a lot to me to play for France in the coalition team.

Thought about being an updater for a while, but with changes in free time, I'm probably good where I am.

That we are not undefeated.

5. Lesieur has come flying out of the gate, is this his coming out party or just a hot streak?

I've been having progressively good seasons and had over 30 goals last year.  Had a hot start last year too.  Not sure this is a surprising thing at this point, but will it all continue at this pace?  Cannot say.  But I will say I will give it my all!

Love the beach and live just a couple of miles away right now, but I might prefer camping in the forest for a vacation.

21 hours ago, Enorama said:

1. Be patient and persistent.

2. Yeah, def. Proud to rep my country.

3. Assistant to the Regional Manager.

4. Our slow start but we'll get it going.

5. Lesieur is being Lesieur. Not a hot streak, it's just who he is.

6. Camping for sure. Love the mystery of the woods.

On 5/25/2020 at 5:02 PM, Enorama said:

1. It’s not all in him, we need to be better in front of him. We need to come out strong as we seem to be giving up a lot of chances in the start. Wolski will be a great goalie, and we will learn to be better in front of him.

2. I haven’t. I played in the WJC and that was cool. I think it will be very cool to play in the World Cup, hopefully Graves gets a shot next time.

3. I’ve held almost every job in the VHL. I think my longest tenure was Magazine Editor and that was fun. Back in the day the Grader job was cool, I remember @Victor used to have some Grader ranking thing that was pretty intense lol.

4. It is still early, so no big surprises. Of course some teams are overachieving and some are underachieving, but it is still very early. I think @OrbitingDeath Condor Adrienne’s start has been incredible, but I wouldn’t say it’s a surprise.

5. He showed this side of him last season, so it’s definitely not just a hot streak. I really believe Lesieur will drive our offense for years to come.

6. Beach Vacation. I didn’t go away until I was 26, I’ve went away at a minimum once a year now. Just love going down south lol.

On 5/25/2020 at 5:02 PM, Enorama said:

1. You're the best goalie I've played in front of for leFlamant's entire VHL career (and that's saying something!) :D

2. I got to represent the great people of Martinique in the Junior's cup and we were so so so bad, but i was pretty good, I regret not picking a better region to be born in :( 

3. If I ever did hold a VHLM GM job I would probably make a point to draft an unknown superstar who was active in the discord on his first player. That superstar would go on to be much much better than me, whore TPE, and be the only GM of the DC Dragons ;)

4. That I had a two point game! One was an empty net assist, but hey, it counts!

5. You can't spell Lesieur without party, so I sure think it's his coming out party! Guy is a heckuva lockerrom Guy, great to see him produce

6. Beach vacation easy, bugs are gross. Sand is coarse and gets everywhere, but it's relaxing

On 5/25/2020 at 2:02 PM, Enorama said:

1. I would tell Wolski to get his shit together. His expectations are high for a reason!

2. I've played for USA in the World Jrs, but the World Cup is another level for sure. I'd love to represent!

3. I've had jobs here before, and I'm currently Head of PT. I've been a GM before for Toronto, and I definitely rode myself out into not caring about it anymore. I'd rather just have players! :P

4. Us not performing how we should be. Wolski being average. I'm still fully in belief that we'll start winning a lot soon.

5. I think he'll be very consistent this season. He's coming into his own.

6. You know what? I really fucking love camping, but I can't pass up a beach vacay. Getting drunk laying in the sun at the beach all day. Running into the water...and repeat.

On ‎2020‎-‎05‎-‎25 at 3:02 PM, Enorama said:

1. You're not alone in our defeats to be blamed. We'll turn things around. Keep doing what you're doing.

2. I have actually and it's always an honor!

3. Probably not. I'm content with where I'm at right now

4. How poorly we're doing. In time it'll turn around I believe but it does come as a shock

5. Coming out party and it's about time!

6. Beach vacation!

On 5/26/2020 at 12:02 AM, Enorama said:

1) I'd say we as a team have been having a "few" rough outings lol, but on a serious note, beginning of the season can sometimes be tricky so we need to move onward and pick ourselves up.
2) Yes, always an honor wearing your countries colors.
3) If I ever were to have a job in the VHL it'd probably be the updating job, I have tons of time on my hands but most of the time im lazy hence the reason why I never have applied to such a thing, maybe in the future who knows.
4) our rough start tbh, but I know we'll get through it.
5) Definitely deserved start for Lesieur, he's been training super intense and I'm really happy for his success thus far.
6) Beach vacation for sure.

Stay positive, continue giving it your best cause that's really all we can ask. We all have to start somewhere and I know personally that I can perform better so I really don't think it's just him.

Absolutely, It's an honor and a privilege to represent my home country and hometown and to inspire others that it's within their grasp to get to this level of play.

Maybe, I've been swamped with IRL stuff like getting out of the military and getting a civilian job for the first time in 6 years haha but I'm not totally out of the idea. Maybe an updater? cause I do like reading other people's submissions. I'm generally pretty quiet.

It's been a rollercoaster thus far but I have faith in the squad that we can turn it around the second half.

Get the cake and streamers ready, it's a party for sure and I think Guy's finding that inner spark that the rest of us need to find.

Beach vaca all day yoooo... I'm not a huge camper, more of a glamper hahaha

On 5/25/2020 at 4:02 PM, Enorama said:

1. Wolski has had a couple of rough outings in the early going here, what do you say to him to help keep his head up? you have many years ahead of u, this is just the beginning

2. Have you had the chance to represent your country at the world cup? If not, would going mean a lot to you? i honestly dont know, and no

3. Would you ever want to hold a league job? Which one? YES LITERALLY ANY JOB - GIVE ME ONE (ideally a position of authority)

4. What's the most surprising part about the season so far?  how bad we are playing as a team, considering it's just as good if not better than it was on paper last year

5. Lesieur has come flying out of the gate, is this his coming out party or just a hot streak? hot streak but a long one

6. Beach vacation or camping in the forest? wot those are completely different...  beach camping tbh

The Rookie's Q&A ~Barzy style mischief questions~

1. It's no secret that the start of this season has been .... bad. What is one optimistic take you can have on it (say something nice)?

2. Are you a superstitious player? Mildly-stitious player? Do you have any pre-game routines to help get our team out of this rut?

3. Some players on the team are beginning to ask whether we should try a rain dance to bring some goals and end our drought, do you think this is a good idea?

4. Rookies get "messed with" or "hazed" all the time, are there any tricks in particular that you've played on leFlamant and/or Wolski that you'd like to share with the press?

5. Boris the Forest (95 hits) and Benny Graves (93 hits) have becoming two of the premier checkers in the league this year, since we all practice together, who hits harder?

6. We all know that every now and then it may be peanut butter jelly time, but is it possible to have just peanut butter time, or just jelly time? Which would you prefer to have on its own?

1. It's no secret that the start of this season has been .... bad. What is one optimistic take you can have on it (say something nice)?

Guy Lesieur is shooting at a greater than 14% success rate.

2. Are you a superstitious player? Mildly-stitious player? Do you have any pre-game routines to help get our team out of this rut?

Being a good Catholic boy, I like to cross myself three times before I put on my skates.

3. Some players on the team are beginning to ask whether we should try a rain dance to bring some goals and end our drought, do you think this is a good idea?

Try it once.  If it works, it clearly is mean to be.  If it does not, abandon it forever.

4. Rookies get "messed with" or "hazed" all the time, are there any tricks in particular that you've played on leFlamant and/or Wolski that you'd like to share with the press?

No, I like to keep all of our kidding around with the new guys out of the press. 

5. Boris the Forest (95 hits) and Benny Graves (93 hits) have becoming two of the premier checkers in the league this year, since we all practice together, who hits harder?

Haven't been hit by Forest yet (and I'd like to keep it that way), but Graves is a crusher.

6. We all know that every now and then it may be peanut butter jelly time, but is it possible to have just peanut butter time, or just jelly time? Which would you prefer to have on its own?

Easy one.  Peanut butter.  I've done it many times.  Jelly is just too sickeningly sweet.  I usually don't even like it mixed with PB or on a scone.

On 6/2/2020 at 10:52 PM, BarzalGoat said:

The Rookie's Q&A ~Barzy style mischief questions~

1) Aaltonen is still pulling his weight! (even though hes ancient)
2) Mikko always loves listening to rap before games, it hypes him up.
3) Listen, at this point Mikko will do the dancing, if needed to turn these things around.
4) What happens in D.C's locker-room, stays in there ;) . 
5) Both hit like absolute trucks, but I have to say I'd prefer to not be hit by Boris.
6) In my country this PBJ thing isn't really that popular and I haven't tried it, so unfortunately can't comment on this.