DC Dragons Press Conference

Enorama

On 6/2/2020 at 3:52 PM, BarzalGoat said:

The Rookie's Q&A ~Barzy style mischief questions~

1. It's no secret that the start of this season has been .... bad. What is one optimistic take you can have on it (say something nice)?

2. Are you a superstitious player? Mildly-stitious player? Do you have any pre-game routines to help get our team out of this rut?

3. Some players on the team are beginning to ask whether we should try a rain dance to bring some goals and end our drought, do you think this is a good idea?

4. Rookies get "messed with" or "hazed" all the time, are there any tricks in particular that you've played on leFlamant and/or Wolski that you'd like to share with the press?

5. Boris the Forest (95 hits) and Benny Graves (93 hits) have becoming two of the premier checkers in the league this year, since we all practice together, who hits harder?

6. We all know that every now and then it may be peanut butter jelly time, but is it possible to have just peanut butter time, or just jelly time? Which would you prefer to have on its own?

1. Looking forward, we are still a young group. Our first wave of draft picks are just entering their prime now. Our goaltender is still very young. I don't think our performance is indicitive of our player's TPA, it's more the chemistry of our lines. I think once @Enorama and @fonziGG find the right line combos and strats we are going to be a force.

2. I'm not superstitious, but I would say I'm a little stitious. Pre-game beets.

3. I'm not sure which player's are asking for this, but at this point I think we all would try anything.

4. Something harmless like picking up the bar tabs. Maybe some light anal sex.

5. ya boi hits the hardest.

6. This can't seriously be a question. Anyone who doesn't pick PB is a sociopath,

1. It's no secret that the start of this season has been .... bad. What is one optimistic take you can have on it (say something nice)?

Things can only get better right?

2. Are you a superstitious player? Mildly-stitious player? Do you have any pre-game routines to help get our team out of this rut?

I have a Voodoo doll of every opposing player that I use before each game.

3. Some players on the team are beginning to ask whether we should try a rain dance to bring some goals and end our drought, do you think this is a good idea?

Doesn't work, I have tried it.

4. Rookies get "messed with" or "hazed" all the time, are there any tricks in particular that you've played on leFlamant and/or Wolski that you'd like to share with the press?

I put super glue on somebodies stick handle once. 

5. Boris the Forest (95 hits) and Benny Graves (93 hits) have becoming two of the premier checkers in the league this year, since we all practice together, who hits harder?

Boris hits like a truck, a Tonka truck but still.

6. We all know that every now and then it may be peanut butter jelly time, but is it possible to have just peanut butter time, or just jelly time? Which would you prefer to have on its own?

Can I just have the bread?

On 6/2/2020 at 2:52 PM, BarzalGoat said:

1. It's no secret that the start of this season has been .... bad. What is one optimistic take you can have on it (say something nice)? we have been protesting so we didn't show up to a few games

2. Are you a superstitious player? Mildly-stitious player? Do you have any pre-game routines to help get our team out of this rut? crush a case of labatte before the 2nd period

3. Some players on the team are beginning to ask whether we should try a rain dance to bring some goals and end our drought, do you think this is a good idea? yes we need the rain gods to bless us

4. Rookies get "messed with" or "hazed" all the time, are there any tricks in particular that you've played on leFlamant and/or Wolski that you'd like to share with the press? we made leFlamant pay for our dinner at in n out which was v nice

5. Boris the Forest (95 hits) and Benny Graves (93 hits) have becoming two of the premier checkers in the league this year, since we all practice together, who hits harder? me

6. We all know that every now and then it may be peanut butter jelly time, but is it possible to have just peanut butter time, or just jelly time? Which would you prefer to have on its own? peanut butter, jelly is a sad complement

On 6/2/2020 at 1:52 PM, BarzalGoat said:

1. Yes we’ve been bad, but it just means teams will sleep on us when we start to turn it around 

2. I’d say mildly. I always wear mix matches socks. The disturbance of balance in my uniform tends to make a difference for me 

3. Yea why not? We gotta do whatever it takes to help the team at this point 

4. I’ve made them get me lunch after morning practices a few times

5. Boris the Forest for sure, but both will leave you pretty shaken up if you ask me

6. If I had to choose I’d say jelly time, but I don’t believe it’s possible for them coexist separately..

I think the best thing really is that we can't go any worse! (crosses fingers) the only way is up from here!

I'm pretty superstitious, I had one weird experience in New Orleans with Voodoo (IRL) and ever since then I've been somewhat of a believer lol I HAVE to play every song in my playlist when getting dressed and some pregame stretches and recite William Wallace's speech in the final battle then I'm good to go!

Honestly, If we're doing a rain dance... I can play a MEAN tambourine ;) so I'm game!

I like stick pennies then their skates when they're not looking before pregame skate but the rest is really confidential ? 

Love Benny to death but there's a reason why Boris is called 'The Forest', the madman will hit you to the trees and beyond... really nice guy off the ice, would never guess he's that type.

Peanut Butter if it's the crunchy kind, Jelly if it's Orange Marmalade!

On 6/2/2020 at 12:52 PM, BarzalGoat said:

1. Stone Wolski has his first opportunity as starter! Also the LR has been good.

2. Wolski takes from his SHL Dragons friends and eats a chicken parm before the game.

3. I think it's a great idea. Any idea is welcome.

4. Wolski got hazed by having to play in net for the losses this season.

5. Boris hits like you ran into a tree in the forest.

6. PB time is the best.

The Rookie's Q&A ~Barzy style mischief questions~

We got good energy on our the team no matter win or lose. Good vibes will take us to good times. 

I always eat Oreos before every game. 

Been practicing my rain breakdancing moves.

Whenever we have away games I send pizza to LeFlamant and Wolski's room at random hours of the night. 

Benny for sure. I'm a nice guy I swear.

Sometimes you just feel like eating peanut butter straight from the jar

When will SimonT stop hating us edition

1. What do you think we need to do to turn this ship around?

2. Who has been putting in the work outside of practice?

3. What is your favourite sport outside of hockey?

4. Who will you be working your pt on for theme week?

5. Whats your favourite meal the night before a game?

6. What do you listen to pregame?

Pray harder to SimonT

I think we are all watching Wolski's TPE numbers go up and hoping that will solve the issues. DAAD has been putting in the work to make him the best player possible, so def gotta recognize the hard work there.

To watch, Basketball. To play, Golf.

Already made a sig for @flatl99

Big Mac 10 piece nuggies

JRE spittin dem dank conspiracies

14 hours ago, fonziGG said:

1. I'm not an expert sailor, but from what I understand, to turn a ship around you have to change the direction of the sails, but that's only sailing ships. If it's a motorboat I think it's as simple as slowing down the speed and moving the wheel to the left or right until the boat makes a full 180 degree turn.

2. I think Xavier has been putting in a ton of work, as you can see from his 5th place standings in the rookie of the year points race.

3. Xavier is well known on Martinique as a lacrosse hero, but there's no money in lacrosse, so he switched very quickly to another stick sport with a little more money.

4. I already made a PT for Liam Flaten, our favorite VHLM prospect! We even sat down and did a nice little Q&A together.

5. The night before a game I always eat chicken and broccoli, which is my healthy and lean meal to make sure I have a healthy and lean game.

6. I listen exclusively to full Kanye West albums pregame, and if I have to pause at any time, I have to restart from the beginning. Very particular about this.

Man, I don't know.  I can't understand the struggle.f

I think everyone has been doing their best on and off the ice.  Maybe a little too hard.  Squeezing the stick too hard.

Baseball, baseball, baseball.

No time for anything but welfare.  ?

Just a nice salad and a cheese plate.

Debussy

On 6/10/2020 at 3:00 AM, fonziGG said:

1) At this point we need to do everything for simonT to start loving us.
2) despite the poor results everyone is still in high spirits and giving their best in practices.

3) I watch/follow hockey pretty closely, but If I have to casually sit back and just watch a game I choose basketball
4) too lazy, will skip it =D
5) chicken with rice, absolutely insane combo
6) rap and hiphop, hypes Mikko up

On 6/9/2020 at 5:00 PM, fonziGG said:

1. Just pray. I don't think a 1000 TPE goalie could save us. Simon T loves to pick teams to be tough on! Just keeps flipping lines and seeing what lands.

2. I feel like we're all putting in work wherever we can. Usually TPE as a whole team will solve all issues.

3. Basketball or MMA. I don't follow anything as close as I do hockey, and UFC is probably #2 there for my knowledge.

4. Honestly, I just did an EFL one and then realized I was able to claim theme week TPE from it as well. I didn't have to even do a theme, as per the affiliation agreement.

5. Chicken parmesan. I've learned the chicken parm ways from my SHL Calgary Dragons team.

6. EDM

On 6/9/2020 at 7:00 PM, fonziGG said:

1. What do you think we need to do to turn this ship around? teammates should only protest on off-days

2. Who has been putting in the work outside of practice? apparently none of us

3. What is your favourite sport outside of hockey? football

4. Who will you be working your pt on for theme week? no

5. Whats your favourite meal the night before a game? tuna salad babyyyyyy

6. What do you listen to pregame? GUCCI MANE

I'm praying it's soon, I know it's looking rough right now for the boys and I'm thinking we can turn it around with some cohesion.

I think we've all been working real heard but it's a the stress and sense of urgency in our situation that's bogging us down. I'm thinking we gotta stop treating it like a chore and remember to have fun.

I'd say basketball, I was a basketball fan before a hockey one. Played a lot of it in school and I'm a big time Lakers fan since the Shaq and Kobe era. RIP Mamba

My teammate from long, long ago @studentized. Love his game.

Carb up with some Pasta boiiiiiii

A mix of some throwbacks and some club mixes, gotta get in a good, comfortable but competitive and confident mood to really get dialed in.

Just need to focus. We’ve been lacking in every department right now and in order to turn things around we’ll have to improve overall. 

2. Who has been putting in the work outside of practice?

I’d think we all have been. We’re all trying to get better as a team and that involves putting in that extra work.

Definitely basketball!

Unfortunately I haven’t had the time to look at the theme week.

A nice bowl of curry goat and rice!

Some old school rap. 

Stay positive, work hard, keep believing 

Dollar and a Dream always husting

Tennis for sure

Elmo 2020 

Lucky Charms cereal

Golden Age Hip Hop

SimonT isn't letting up on us edition

1. Whos your favourite teammate of all time?
  2. What are your goals for the rest of your career?
  3. Where's your next trip booked?
  4. What's your thoughts on expansion?
  5. What's your go to Subway order?
  6. What are you hoping for out of the rest of the season?

13 minutes ago, fonziGG said:

1. Whos your favourite teammate of all time? Bob Loblaw
  2. What are your goals for the rest of your career? Go the full 8 so long as I actually play
  3. Where's your next trip booked? Going radio silent in canada kayaking for a week in August
  4. What's your thoughts on expansion? The team names are all trash
  5. What's your go to Subway order? oven roasted chicken breast w/ all the good veggies and some pepperjack
  6. What are you hoping for out of the rest of the season? 9 game winning streak

11 minutes ago, fonziGG said:

1. My favorite teammate of all time is a very tough question. I feel like as a rookie the only player I've built a strong bond with is the other rookie Wolsi, but hopefully the vets start letting me hang with them.

2. To score more goals and assist more goals, goals are my goals, isn't it a goal to have goals as your goals?

3. My next trip is home to Martinique, why worry about going on a vacation when your home is a beautiful island!

4. I like the expansion, bigger is better! That being said, I'm sad to think about myself being taken by another team, or losing another one of my dragon brothers to a foreign team :(

5. Rotisserie Chicken, provolone, spinach, tomato, pickles, red onions, olives, jalapenos, banana peppers, load up special sauce

6. I wanna get first team all Rookie !

11 hours ago, fonziGG said:

1. Glory days of with Osborne w/ @Higgins @fever95 @Will 

2. All-Time DC Player Records

3. I think we are taking a weekend trip to Niagra Falls. 3 hr drive, wish I could go down south.

4. If we can sustain as a league, pretty cool. Easy to get lost in the shuffle with this many teams, only 8 seasons to do anything. Makes being a top star even more special.

5. Pizza Sub with bacon, garlic aoli, hot sauce, onions thrown on before being toasted

6. I low-key hope that management believes in the core. I really love DC, and hope to stay here and with a lot of the guys we've been grinding with.

1. Whos your favourite teammate of all time?   Has to be Aaltonen.  Was the clear vet, star when Guy came up and he's looked up to him ever since.
  2. What are your goals for the rest of your career? I want to win a Cup with the Dragons.  On top of that, score 50 goals a season for a few seasons.  lol
  3. Where's your next trip booked?  No trips booked.  We were going to Poland, Czechia, and Austria this summer before the pandemic struck.
  4. What's your thoughts on expansion?  I love expansion in general and am usually excited to go to an expansion team to build from the bottom.  But not this time.  **THIS** is my expansion team.  Came up in the second year of the Dragons' existence.
  5. What's your go to Subway order?  Haven't been in so long.  Probably Italian sub.
  6. What are you hoping for out of the rest of the season?  For us to pull out of our incomprehensible skid and make the playoffs.

On 6/17/2020 at 11:21 AM, fonziGG said:

1. Mikko has always been my ride-or-die, we've both been here since the beginning and I couldn't imagine anyone else I'd spend my whole career with.

2. I'm hoping to set the record for All-Time DC Defenseman point totals and someday being able to touch the Cup!

3.  COVID threw a wrench in all my travel plans for events but I'm surprising my Dad for Father's Day back home in Maine.

4. Pretty exciting but also kind of sad that we're no longer the new kids anymore. But the locations seem great and I think we've grown out of the of being "too new" to compete.

5. My go-to has always been the Italian BMT.

6. I hoping we're not in last place cause I think we all know that we're better than that! And pull a miracle that we can make playoffs, I believe in the Core 100%.

On 6/17/2020 at 6:21 PM, fonziGG said:

1) Every D.C Dragons player is my best friend
2) Getting a cup for D.C
3) Back home to Finland, Mikko has some "scouting"to do ?
4) Locations are alright, but the logos are pretty underwhelming
5) Have never tried subway, some of my friends have told me its pretty meh so I've just avoided it.
6) Obviously turning things around and making the playoffs would be nuts, but I just want us to finish as competitive as we can, win as many games as we can, and try to steal points off top dogs.

On 6/17/2020 at 8:21 AM, fonziGG said:

1. It has to be someone from Toronto's 3peat days. Molholt, LeAndre St.Pierre, Black Velvet, Hans Wingate. One of them, probably. Either that or my Calgary days with @diamond_ace when I had my first player.

2. I just want to win games and win cups. I don't care if Wolski gets individual awards as long as I can bring home some championships.

3. As far as trips go, I haven't planned anything personally. My camping trip in August is cancelled. I'll likely just be doing some lake surfing this summer at my sister's lake house which isn't too far away.

4. Don't mind it at all. More opportunities for people to GM, more opportunities for players to be the main guy on the team. As long as the player base is there, expansion makes sense.

5. Chicken teriyaki, Subway Melt, or even just the egg salad sandwich. I know a lot of people look at Subway's egg salad and think it's gross, but I don't care.

6. Playoffs would be awesome if we can go on a streak.